Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama Vacation Draws Criticism

Persia

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WoIverine

• aquatus1

• The Silver Thong

• ninjadude

He ain't going to be getting another one anytime soon. For the next year he's going to be out kissing babies shakin hands and preaching from the soap box.

A vacation is not working has Biden became the president for the weekend ? Congress are the ones on vacation.

But Mark Knoller of CBS, the unofficial keeper of presidential work schedules, reported that President George W. Bush had taken more time off than Obama at this point in his first term. Obama’s upcoming vacation is his ninth vacation since taking office. Obama has spent all or part of 38 days on vacation away from the White House. He has also made 14 visits to Camp David spanning all or part of 32 days, for a total of 70 days, Knoller said.

Bush, at this point in his first term, had made 14 visits to his Texas ranch spanning all or part of 102 days, Knoller said. He also made 40 visits to Camp David spanning all or part of 123 days. His vacation total at this point in his presidency was all or part of 225 days away.

source

70 days, 200 days, whatever. Anything after 30 working days off is excessive.

30 days in a 4 year term? Are you kidding me? That's barely over a week per year.

Considering how stressing being president must be, 70 days is heroic.

Do we think the ship crashes if the captain is away?

Just another example of how politics suck. The man and his family deserve a break. George Bush and his family deserved their breaks as well.

I am sure that he isn't incommunicado, and at a moments notice would be ready to come back to work.

He is a father as well, and his kids need to spend time with their dad.

30 days in a 4 year term? Are you kidding me? That's barely over a week per year.

Considering how stressing being president must be, 70 days is heroic.

30 days per year.

30 days per year.

How much time do teachers get off?

I know of lots of folks that get 30+ paid days off a year. That's not excessive at all.

How much time do teachers get off?

I know of lots of folks that get 30+ paid days off a year. That's not excessive at all.

I get 35 paid days off a year and I bet the wear and tear of being a President is quite a bit more tangible than a System Engineer.

30 days per year.

Well, out of three years he's actually a little under his allowance still for this year.

I seriously doubt changing his surroundings is equivalent to "time off"...the man still has his worries and his phones...I'm pretty sure if you have that job...it's 24/7 for the full 4 years...there is no "getting away from it all".

30 days per year.

Then Obama is right on. 30 + 30 + 30 = 90. He did 70 so far into year 3. Better than you wanted.

Edited by ninjadude

Honestly, who cares if he's on vacation and where he's taking it? It's been said before, he's not totally out of the loop, and if something were to happen, he can very quickly get back to the Oval office.

What I'm not getting is why the location of his vacation is at all an issue with anyone...

...and Congress is NOW on a five week summer break. .. and is in session about 140 days per year.

so the leader of a Nation is not allowed to take a breather and recollect him self. He took 10 days... it's not like he even stopped working really, he just wanted time to himself like everyone else.

~Thanato

so the leader of a Nation is not allowed to take a breather and recollect him self. He took 10 days... it's not like he even stopped working really, he just wanted time to himself like everyone else.

~Thanato

Well yeah, but the president could set a good example for himself (and chances for re-election next year) to cancel a vacation to spend a little extra time to prevent the collapse of our economy, includes a new report on Social Security and Disability are closer to insolvency than previous thought...next year, is the earliest date or the "most positive" prediction is by 2014...when the GOP house majority tries to get reelected themselves.