Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Stop being an economic gurly-man!

Stellar

Well.................... His speech was so-so...... I think the entire point of having him speak was to pull in some star power.. They wanted to try to match the movie stars that were at the Democractic convention.. (Which, I don't think worked)

Actually, it was Arnie himself who asked to be a speaker at the convention. He wanted to do it because he loves America, loves Ronald Reagan, and loves George W. Bush. I thought it was an excellent speech. thumbsup.gif

McCain is the man, I love him. I enjoyed his book a lot. He is the ultimate soldier in my opinion. When he was a POW in vietnam his captors found out who his dad was(Head of the western naval fleet) and offered to let him go as they did not want to have someone with his connections in their camp.

McCain refused to leave without the rest of the guys in his camp. He ended up being a pow for another 4 and a half years. I know that a lot of people here would consider that stupid; but in my mind the fact that he was willing to give up his freedom in order to have a chance to get everyone freed is rather amazing. I would hope that if I were in that position I could be so honorable.

Agree! thumbsup.gif So who you gonna vote for? 'The Man' is supporting Bush in a large way. cool.gif

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michelle

• Velikovsky

• Fluffybunny

• Stellar

Arnolds the man...the nerd in me was very excited at him using movie quotes in his speech.

Especially the Gurly Men comment...but really who can deny that most in politics are gurly men.

w00t.gif Hey joc, I was wondering the same thing. I guess I can stop watching the conventions and tormenting myself because you've answered my question. 'The Man' is behind my man so I can relax. wink2.gif

Agree! thumbsup.gif   So who you gonna vote for?  'The Man' is supporting Bush in a large way.

joc, why don't you take a look at what Bush(his team/pollsters/campaign workers) did to McCain in the 2000 primary. link

Why McCain would be standing on the same stage with bush is beyond me. Bush not only couldn't hold a candle to McCain, he isn't even fit to light the candle in the first place, in my opinion.

It didn't take much research to turn up a seemingly innocuous fact about the McCains: John and his wife, Cindy, have an adopted daughter named Bridget. Cindy found Bridget at Mother Theresa's orphanage in Bangladesh, brought her to the United States for medical treatment, and the family ultimately adopted her. Bridget has dark skin.

Anonymous opponents used "push polling" to suggest that McCain's Bangladeshi born daughter was his own, illegitimate black child. In push polling, a voter gets a call, ostensibly from a polling company, asking which candidate the voter supports. In this case, if the "pollster" determined that the person was a McCain supporter, he made statements designed to create doubt about the senator.

Thus, the "pollsters" asked McCain supporters if they would be more or less likely to vote for McCain if they knew he had fathered an illegitimate child who was black. In the conservative, race-conscious South, that's not a minor charge. We had no idea who made the phone calls, who paid for them, or how many calls were made. Effective and anonymous: the perfect smear campaign.

Some aspects of this smear were hardly so subtle. Bob Jones University professor Richard Hand sent an e-mail to "fellow South Carolinians" stating that McCain had "chosen to sire children without marriage." It didn't take long for mainstream media to carry the charge. CNN interviewed Hand and put him on the spot: "Professor, you say that this man had children out of wedlock. He did not have children out of wedlock." Hand replied, "Wait a minute, that's a universal negative. Can you prove that there aren't any?"

Edited by Fluffybunny

Fluffy, does that not hold any weight with you at all... the fact that they have let bygones be bygones? It's given me a few more things to think about, which is maddening, as if I weren't in such a dilemma already?

If you respect him so much, as I do, doesn't it make you think twice?

It just seems that McCain supports Bush solely on the fact that he's a fellow Republican. McCain almost always seems to be against the President on most of the issues.

We had no idea who made the phone calls, who paid for them, or how many calls were made.

Since we don't know who made them let's just assume that the demonous Bush did it himself.....I get it....NOT!

So you would side with McCain's manager rather than McCain?!....now there is some convoluted loyalty. wacko.gif It is obvious that you have disdain for Bush. It is also obvious that you are not giving McCain the credit he deserves.

But Velicovsky, a lot of people are supporting Bush and abandonded the democratic party. Well, they're still democrates but Zell Miller, for example, are pulling for Bush. I've never voted for a particular party but what I thought was right for the time.

I don't particularly like Bush but I definitely don't like Kerry. I keep waiting for him to tell me something I can grab on to, but as of yet he's given me nothing.

You know Michelle I hate Kerry too. Really whats decided me on this election is the Vice-President. I like Edwards, he seems positive and actually seems like he wants to change things. Cheney, I hate even more than Bush or Kerry. He's just constantly implicated in all of these shady deals. So I end up having to side with Kerry, even though he really is a flip-flopper. When the Dems were having their debates you could see it. Here's an example when he first started running he supported the war in Iraq, then Dean who was against it starts getting really popular with his anti-war message. All of a sudden Kerry is now against the war in Iraq. Then he wins the Dems nomination and now he's back to supporting the war. If he's president is he going to do whatever is most popular? Or is he going to make a stand on issues even though we don't know what his stand is. As for Bush at least he's decisive. I don't like his decisions, I don't think they're the right ones but I will give him my respect for being decisive and standing behind it.

just want to ask a question.

Has the govenator done a good job since he became governor?

He said he was going to wipe the debt without raising taxes. I'd just like to know how he's handling it....

I'll give him a rating of decent. He hasn't really done anything that anybody wouldn't have had to do.

My biggest problem with him is that he's canceling school programs for low-income families and has raised the rates for colleges.

There was a really big fight over Vehicle Registration costs. A few years back they lowered the rates by 2/3. Then when the budget crisis hit Davis(the former governor) raised. Then everybody was so mad about it that Arnold lowered them back down. To me that was just stupid. If the state really needs the money that badly, and they do as Arnold just signed a loan for 9 Billion dollars, it should have been left alone. That increase alone would have almost completely solved the budget problems.

I signed the Petition to get Davis out of office, and then voted for Arnold but in retrospect I would have left Davis in charge. I was just angry with Davis at the time for allowing the state senate to put us in such a budget crisis since it cost me my job with the city.

That's why I laugh when I hear about our "strong economy" yeah there's jobs out there but you won't make enough money to support you family.

just want to ask a question.

Has the govenator done a good job since he became governor?

He said he was going to wipe the debt without raising taxes. I'd just like to know how he's handling it....

253356[/snapback]

One of my friends that lives in California tells me he's doing a pretty good job actually.