Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

BREAKING NEWS: Attackers seize Russian school

Erikl

Lottie, I don't mean to sound STUPID crying.gif , but what is the KREMLIN???

I've read about it, but i still don't understand what it is.

Befor this, I've never ever heard of it. sad.gifsad.gif

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wunarmdscissor

• Talon

• Babs

• fmorrow6

Yes, it would p*** me off.  But I don't see anyone lecturing you.  I agree that people shouldn't speak unless that at least have some knowledge of what they are speaking of.

Another difference, is that before 9/11, nobody had ever heard of al queada, or any other terrorist groups targeting us.  We didn't know anyone was out to get us.  We didn't know we were thought of as anyone's equivolent to Satan.  Befor 9/11 it was like "osama bin who?, "al-que-what?" so we didn't have a clue.  It was a real rude awakening for us.

267576[/snapback]

fmorrow6 wrote:

It was a real rude awakening for us.

I agree with you; I have brought this up before. 911 was 'out of the blue', thousands of people were pulvarized in a moment's time. This type of tragedy has never happened in human history_ in the history of the entire world. ph34r.gif This is 'entirely' different than terrorists hitting people over generations of time with weapons etc. etc..

You cannot compare.

Edited by Babs

Lottie, I don't mean to sound STUPID  , but what is the KREMLIN???

I've read about it, but i still don't understand what it is.

Befor this, I've never ever heard of it.  

The kremlin is where Russian leaders live and rule fmorrow, its existed for centuries.

BTW your not stupid but it is disturbing that you wouldnt dont know what that is or who al queada was before 9/11.

I mean the whole of america was raised to hate russia , yet it seems not educated really on what russia was.

This type of tragedy has never happened in human history_ in the history of the entire world.

You have heard of two small places called nagasaki and hiroshima.

Oh and i think that was totally jsutified before you misconstrue.

Its like joc didnt know what the IRA stands for, fmorrow didnt know what the kremlin was or alquaeda before 9/11.

Babs seems to not know anything about the Irish troubles OR Hiroshima and Nagasaki, nevemind the London blitz.

I mean babs ok no1 denies 9/11 was huge and unprecedented, but you cannot compare 50 years of living in fear either or the kind of impact that had on the british public, you cannot compare the hatred of sectarianism, you have never experienced that, do you even know what it is?

this isnt a competetition to see whos suffered more, your turning it into that.

Im merley trying to show you that we HAVE suffered terrorism , we understand it and deteste it as much as you, we dont need lectures form people who arent willing to open their minds and learn about us or our point of view.

I do know how horrendous 9/11 was, as i do the tradegies all over the world are, just because i dont completley agree with your point of view doesnt mean i dont or i am a terrorist sypathiser, you cannot see the difference.

I find it astonishing that joc and fmorrow didnt know these above facts, i would never comment unless i kinda had a basic understanding of the problem.

All terrorism is evil , all is equal.

Edited by wunarmdscissor

This is 'entirely' different than terrorists hitting people over generations of time with weapons etc. etc..

No it isn't. It is absolutely the same thing. The number of dead or the time scale involved is irrelevant. The terrorism factor is what makes these things totally comparable.

phenomenom i have been arguinbg this for days its funny how there seems to be a complete split of opinion between the americans nd british on this issue.

It seems that we are willing to accept the horrendous nature of 9/11 but we are consistently being told we have no idea what we're talking about because the terrorism we suffered wasnt as bad.

I feel for the families and the soles that died, but try your american bias on an Irish family and they will tell you they've had it for 30 years. Why is it that this tremendous disaster has over shadowed natural disasters where tens of thousands die? answer...It's in America, plain and simple. Terrorism is just that, no matter the numbers killed or the scale of the disaster. 9/11 was an horrific event, but there are many more far in excess of this one.

Exactly.

You i know deliberatley refrained from making that post becaus the usual suspects wouldve just accused me of being anti-american and that post isnt antiamerican its just a fact.

Like you said, my statement is certainly not aimed as a dig at the Americans. But I feel strongly in the way the disaster has been glorified. I speak as an onlooker in the UK and go by what I see and hear on your news stations. There is an overwhelming feeling of "over the top" and this for me takes away from the loss of human life.

wun, I didn't know I was being raised to hate the Russians. Please let me know who else I'm supposed to be hating. Because my parents or government or somebody is screwing up big time not letting me in on that little secret.

again, i didn't comment, that's why i asked. By the way, American's aren't raised to hate Russia. So why comment on something you seem to know nothing about. In fact, I was homecoming queen, and my prom date, and homecoming king, was a Russian foreign exchange student. How's that for hate.

It was tongue in cheek that comment lol.

A reference to 60's and 70's when anything russian was bad.

And i said it to prove a point .

You see how frustrating it is???

lol well if your gonna ask a question on the forum for private consumption then do it via pm, if not someones gonna answer you. especially if its simple to answer.

LOL i said it was tongue in cheek.

A comment that had no fact or reason to back it up about another country that wasnt true.

It was to prove a point about how frusttrating it is, and youve proven me right with your passionate responses to my illeducated comment.

I mean you criticised me for replying in "anger" which was not true.

You mistook passion for anger.

So i posted a silly comment to watch youi and other americans reply just as passionatley and it worked.

NOw you see why my replies are so "angry" when im being told by babs that i cannot compare 9/11 to 50 years of suffereing here i have every right to post back the way i do.

Just as i had every right to be shocked that you did not know what al-queada was and the kremlin was.

i also posted that you werent stupid for not knowing not at all, howvere i can bet theres plent of other people on the forum who are giving out their opinions on me , talon , sera for example without knowing these things as well.

That is VERY frustatrating.

point well taken. But if you've noticed, I've never commented on something i didn't know about. I ask first. I can't base an oppinion without facts first. So at least give me that credit.

no it wasnt aimed at you making comments it was to show you why I posted the way i do regarding other mebers posts.

You see i know all about 9/11 , ive taken time to learn about america and its history , i take time to watch american news and current affairs as best i can as i do with russia, france , germany ect...

I try not comment on issues i dont understand.

Terrorism i understand because its been an issue in europe for decades, religious hatred i understand extremeley well.

However when im told i dont really understand because what ive lived through (especially the religious bigotry) wasnt as bad, by someone who doesnt know the first thing about our situation i have to defend myself.

Edited by wunarmdscissor

Uh.....because nobody hatefully caused natural disasters. It's just a fact of life. It's horrible, yes, but nobody stirred the water to make a hurricane to pulverize a certain group of people. Yes, living in florida, i went through hurricane andrew which killed 7 people just in my neighborhood, and left S. FL in ruins, and now through charley, ivan, frances, and now possible Jeanne. It's an entirely different feeling. People come together in these cases, they aren't torn apart by race or religion.

What an irrelovent comment wacko.gif

Uh.....because nobody hatefully caused natural disasters. It's just a fact of life. It's horrible, yes, but nobody stirred the water to make a hurricane to pulverize a certain group of people. Yes, living in florida, i went through hurricane andrew which killed 7 people just in my neighborhood, and left S. FL in ruins, and now through charley, ivan, frances, and now possible Jeanne. It's an entirely different feeling. People come together in these cases, they aren't torn apart by race or religion.

What an irrelovent comment wacko.gif