Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scorpion-shaped UFO seen in the skies

Still Waters

In one of the most unusual recent UFO sightings, a scorpion-shaped object was spotted in the skies above Los Cristianos, Spain on Saturday, August 21, 2011. Jamie O'Rourke saw the unidentified flying object near his home around 8:00am and managed to snap several photos before the object disappeared.

An Internet search for scorpion-shaped kites did not reveal anything like the bizarre object seen in the photos on the left side of this page. A similar search for scorpion-shaped UFOs also revealed nothing. The strange unidentified flying object photographed in Los Cristianos seems to defy logic or explanation at this time.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• quillius

• lost_shaman

• booNyzarC

• Space Commander Travis

I would so love this to be true, as it looks so cool. Could be a development of a Klingon Bird of Prey, perhaps.

It's clearly some form of Klingon ship:

klingon_raptor_000.jpg?w=655&h=442Los%2Bcristianos%2B3.jpg

Is there a video?

Edited by Robbo

An UFO camoflauged as the constellation of Scorpio? The link between the 2012 prophecy: the possibility of our sun crosses in front of the black hole-Sag A* in the neighboring constellation Sagittarius, right where the "arrow" meets the "scorpion's tail". There was Operation Serpo by the US government named for the Zeta Reticulian race's self-name in written or verbal form to humans' minds. The red star Antares in the heart of Scorpio was mistaken to be Mars or Venus, perhaps the Serpo come from a planet orbitting the Antari star system: Double or Binary stars Alpha1 & Alpha2. The UFO's unusual shape is a identication of where the Serpo originated.

An UFO camoflauged as the constellation of Scorpio? The link between the 2012 prophecy: the possibility of our sun crosses in front of the black hole-Sag A* in the neighboring constellation Sagittarius, right where the "arrow" meets the "scorpion's tail". There was Operation Serpo by the US government named for the Zeta Reticulian race's self-name in written or verbal form to humans' minds. The red star Antares in the heart of Scorpio was mistaken to be Mars or Venus, perhaps the Serpo come from a planet orbitting the Antari star system: Double or Binary stars Alpha1 & Alpha2. The UFO's unusual shape is a identication of where the Serpo originated.

Yeah....I was just about to say exactly the same thing....

I had something like that when I was a kid. Like a frisbee but it had three rotors just like that. Can't remember what it was called, but it worked like a frisbee.

Lol looks like a experimental airplane to me.

Yeah I agree with Boony, its a frisbee with three prongs. It only looks elongated into a 'scorpion' shape because of the speed of its movement.

Three bladed boomerang. That's what it is. Something like one of these.

Hey Boon, when you say 'thats what it is', do you mean the toy you had when younger or the object in the photos from the OP?

I agree. Somebody is lying here...

Edited by Moonie2012

Hey Boon, when you say 'thats what it is', do you mean the toy you had when younger or the object in the photos from the OP?

The photo from the OP. I know that the examples I linked to aren't an exact match, but I have very little doubt that we are most likely looking at something similar in the OP photo.

The photo from the OP. I know that the examples I linked to aren't an exact match, but I have very little doubt that we are most likely looking at something similar in the OP photo.

ok thanks!

not sure if everyone has seen this picture also.

http://www.examiner.com/unexplained-phenomena-in-national/scorpion-shaped-ufo-seen-the-skies-over-los-cristianos-spain-photos-picture#slide=36671726

Any estimates as to approximate height anyone?

(three bladed boomerangs longest range in high winds is 90-100m from what I have read so far....)

dont think its cased closed just yet! worth checking out one or two more things first....

in addition it seems like there is a light under the object in one of the images....I know LED lights are possible on kites and boomerangs, however the additional weight reduces distance and height.

Yeah maybe something like this one with longer arms.

Yeah maybe something like this one with longer arms.

Yeah, I searched Google Images for both "three bladed boomerang" and "tri blade boomerang" and found quite a few, but none that match exactly. Could be a custom one though.

And Q, regarding the distance question, how can we know that he didn't have a buddy standing on the hill throwing it while he took photos?

...in addition it seems like there is a light under the object in one of the images....I know LED lights are possible on kites and boomerangs, however the additional weight reduces distance and height.

I'd say that the most likely cause is fluorescent or reflective paint on the object - Frisbees are often bright so they are easy to spot and catch.

Yeah, I searched Google Images for both "three bladed boomerang" and "tri blade boomerang" and found quite a few, but none that match exactly. Could be a custom one though.And Q, regarding the distance question, how can we know that he didn't have a buddy standing on the hill throwing it while he took photos?

it seems there are quite a few custom made so an exact match may be quite tough to find...

he may well have had a buddy doing as suggested...you know me dont like to dismiss that quickly :)

I'd say that the most likely cause is fluorescent or reflective paint on the object - Frisbees are often bright so they are easy to spot and catch.

good point PS.

one last quick point, when looking at videos of three-bladed boomrangs, when pausing to replicate a still photo the three blades always look like 6 due to rotation speed....this doesnt seem to be the case in the photos....

not a major point just a thought :) (I appreciate that shutter speed in cameras will provide a totally different image...answered my own question I suppose)

Or three-bladed objects like this one? Propellers and fan blades?

9x5%203Normal.jpg

Edited by TheMcGuffin

I can't see your second picture, but based on your first picture I'd say you have the right idea regarding what I suggest it is most likely to be.

I once heard of a guy who faked UFO pictures using a skeet shooter like this one. Just fire your "flying object" into the sky and have the camera ready.

trap-shooting-machine-llaoded-with-clay-pigeon.jpg

I think you solved it, if you tilt your head to the left a little and focus on it you can see it's actually a 3 bladed object at an angle. I'm definitly going with a 3 bladed boomerang as well.