Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Canadian Author dragged into woods

Persia

Author Paris Dipersico has been discharged from Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital after he was dragged into a forest and beaten unconscious by two male assailants Wednesday morning. Police said the victim’s hands were bound and Det. Sgt. Anthony Odoardi said they are confident the attack was targeted due to the controversial nature of his book Wake Up Call.

http://www.wireservice.ca/index.php?module=News&func=display&sid=6294

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Silver Thong

• Persia

• el midgetron

• Verneph

Top Posters In This Topic

So these idiots just reinforced the points he was making in his book. I call this a backfire. Morons.

So these idiots just reinforced the points he was making in his book. I call this a backfire. Morons.

Agreed. They don't sound like the smartest people on the planet. This is only going to make the Islamic community look worse.

Obviously, there are Muslim extremists who would do this sort of thing. However, at the moment it seem that there is only circumstantial evidence that was the case. Maybe we could entertain other possibilities?

From the little research I did, this Paris Dipersico seems like someone desperate for fame. Anyone every heard of this person before? A Google search for the book actually brings up another book of the same title written by someone else (you'll have to dig deeper for this particular book) . If you track down Dipersico's blog, its was just started in July and contains just three obnoxious posts.

Whatever the case may be, the news coverage of this incident is going to provide Dipersico with allot of free advertising. I think its still a possibility that this author might be taking notes from Morton Downey Jr.

no_really_im_a_victim.jpg