Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Two Legged Dogman Experiences Database

NatureBoff

Russian and American Yeti hunters join forces to track down '30-strong Siberian tribe'

She said: ‘It was still a tall creature, but not giant. It was covered with long brown-grey hair, like a bear. It wasn’t a bear – I have lived all my life in Siberia and wouldn’t make that mistake. This creature walked like a human, or almost like a human.’

Notice the grey and three-toed fit with the dogmanrax hypothesis.

post-94765-0-48774200-1317731954_thumb.j

post-94765-0-43498200-1317731971_thumb.j

I'm curious. What is the difference between a "dogman" and a werewolf or a bigfoot?

Or a regular dog, for that matter? The videos I've seen don't imply much of a difference.

Edited by Mike G

Just an FYI... The Michigan dogman is an April fools joke.. literally. It was kicked off in 1987 by a radio station and it just snowballed from there including a few remakes of "The Legend". 2012 will mark the 25th anniversary of "The Legend" and a new remake of it is planned for release then.

A bit more interesting are the Paradise Road and Bray Road critters. There seems to be a whole circle of lore in that area of Wisconsin, oddly enough circling around Whitewater which is supposed to be reputed for it's witch lore. Jefferson is just to the north, Delavan is to the southeast, Milton is just southwest, Edgerton is directly west, and Kettle Moraine South Unit is directly to the east. There are some small speculations that the infamous Whitewater witch book may contain information about these beasts, perhaps history about them, how to control them, or how to make them. There's also theories that the area has several ley line crossings and nexuses that allow critters to slip through.

Personally I think it has more to do with the type of settlers that came into the region- people of European decent that brought their wolf stories with them. Also didn't hurt that timber wolves were common in Wisconsin when settlers came in, so common in fact that bounty laws were passed in 1865, and wolves were hunted right out of the state till there weren't any left by the 1950's. Since then they have been protected and can now be found in the northern and some central areas of the state. Between them and the ever present coyote population, it isn't too far fetched that real animals are behind the Wisconsin canine critters.

@ MikeG- to my understanding there isn't much of a difference between werewolves and dogmen in reports, but I thought bigfeet weren't supposed to be canine in nature. What's the difference between them and real dogs? I'm not sure since some folks like big dogs like wolfhounds and newfoundlands and some people like to breed wolf/dog halfbreeds.

I'm curious. What is the difference between a "dogman" and a werewolf or a bigfoot?

Or a regular dog, for that matter? The videos I've seen don't imply much of a difference.

They're all the same species, it's just they have quickly sub-specified depending on which regular animal they're immitating for disguise. Dogman in Michigan because they are immitating wolves, big-hairy-apeman in the colder north because they immitate grizzlies, and the New Jersey subspecies has short forearms because it evolved in great close tall-tree forests where they jump leg-first, lemur-like, from treetrunk to treetrunk. The three locations create an arc which coincides with the expanse of the glaciers during the last ice age.

They're all the same species, it's just they have quickly sub-specified depending on which regular animal they're immitating for disguise. Dogman in Michigan because they are immitating wolves, big-hairy-apeman in the colder north because they immitate grizzlies, and the New Jersey subspecies has short forearms because it evolved in great close tall-tree forests where they jump leg-first, lemur-like, from treetrunk to treetrunk. The three locations create an arc which coincides with the expanse of the glaciers during the last ice age.

Where is the fossil reord showing these evolutions? And from what ommon ancestor? To make these laims surely you must have some physical evidence like this. Maybe DNA too, to show their common relationship? How are short arms more helpfull then long arms when it comes to tree travelling?

• Like 1

Where is the fossil reord showing these evolutions? And from what ommon ancestor? To make these laims surely you must have some physical evidence like this. Maybe DNA too, to show their common relationship? How are short arms more helpfull then long arms when it comes to tree travelling?

When the trees are very tall with branches at the top with branchles lower trunks. Brachiation isn't as useful as lemur-like jumping.

Just posted:

About a month ago, my cousin and I were driving from my house to the gas station to get some coffee. It was probably about midnight or one or so because at the time I was working til late at night. The road we were driving on sort of curves around the neighborhood; on the left is this huge field and on the right is this privacy fence about 9 or 10 feet tall. So as usual my cousin and are talking and joking around but we both shut up when we round part of the road. Something was running across the road that at first I thought was a coyote because there is a pack nearby that tends to venture in to the neighborhood and hunt pets. But it sorta quickly left my mind because the thing was running on two legs. Of course, then I thought we caught someone streaking but it was just too strange. From what I saw of it it was incredibly pale but not white. It still had a sort of fleshy color. It was hunched over and kinda loping along. The weirdest thing about it though was that it was almost completely featureless. I didnt see any sort of face and iif it was someone streaking they had no genitals or hair, nothing like that. We saw it almost glance over at us very quickly and continue running. I sped up a little bit and looked over to the part of the fence where it ran to, but it was gone. I just can't believe that it scaled the fence, whatever it was it looked only a bit taller then me and there was noway Id be able toclmb it.

My cousin and I didnt say a word to eachother until we reached the end of the road and even when we described what we saw it felt like we we were in a state of shock or something because we didnt start to get scared until we got home

That wasnt the only time Isaw it though.The second time was also at night, but this time Iwas alone.I was driving backfrom work at around 11 or so and going down this back road shortcut that I usually take thats a bit out in the country. I was pretty much alone on the road til this black truck speeded up behind me, hemustve been goin 80, and went to pass me. As he got back into our lane my headlights lit up his under carriage and clinging to it was the same thing me and my cousin saw.

I was completely ready tojust ignore both those but this last weekend i was up camping with my family and myolder brother told me something that honestly freaked me out. He and his roommate saw some pale featureless thing hiding in their garage one night. It scared them enough that his roommate brought out his gun and they searched the garage for hours. The way he described it unnerved me though. My cousin and i never said a word to anyone about seeing that thing.

So, if anyone has any idea what it was, Id love your opinion. Right now Im just having trouble trying to explain exactly what it was.

Sorry by the way, Im not typing this on acomputer so it might be a bit tough to understand.

It was a female dogmanrax. The lack of visible genitals fits with the hyrax descendency.

When the trees are very tall with branches at the top with branchles lower trunks. Brachiation isn't as useful as lemur-like jumping.

I notice you dodged the part about fossil records and DNA.

Just posted:

It was a female dogmanrax. The lack of visible genitals fits with the hyrax descendency.

I believe youve posted before that your female hyrax had grey fur. How does that fit with the posters claim that what was seen was hairless? I already know youll say that its yet another sub species of your pet hyrax? Whats it like to go through life making up whatever you want to be true?

I notice you dodged the part about fossil records and DNA.

No, I've said it before, the hyrax tendency to urinate in one communal place has evolved to become communal burial practices. Underwater caves for example.

I believe youve posted before that your female hyrax had grey fur. How does that fit with the posters claim that what was seen was hairless? I already know youll say that its yet another sub species of your pet hyrax? Whats it like to go through life making up whatever you want to be true?

It could be a seal-like skin, with the hair very short and resistant to water penetration. I also think that the male's mane could be bullet-proof! Sounds crazy, I know, but I've just seen a bullet-proof jacket that can take a shot at close range without the wearer feeling anything at all. It's a common enough feature of reports it think it just might be true, hence the legend of the 'silver bullet'.

Colombian designer blasts the market with bullet-proof clothing (video)

post-94765-0-72301900-1317975794_thumb.j

Edited by tailormaneinafog

It could be a seal-like skin, with the hair very short and resistant to water penetration. I also think that the male's mane could be bullet-proof! Sounds crazy, I know, but I've just seen a bullet-proof jacket that can take a shot at close range without the wearer feeling anything at all. It's a common enough feature of reports it think it just might be true, hence the legend of the 'silver bullet'.

Colombian designer blasts the market with bullet-proof clothing (video)

Whats a common part of the reports? That they have bullet proof skin? its not even a common part of your reports that theyve been shot. Even you must see how ridiculous youre make believe is getting.

• Like 1

You know what, if these hyrax evolutions are real, someone better damn catch one because they seem to be the most amazing animals on the planet, able to just 'evolve' everything from bullet proof skin to the intelligence to bury their dead, to the ability to leap long distances from trees, to the ability to walk on their hind legs, all from one small grazing mammal with NONE of these features originally. And it does it all without leaving any fossil evidence for these 'evolutions'.

Are you sure you're not thinking of pokemon?

Im just waiting for the next hypothesis to be that they 'eat' their dead. Rats do this. I've come home to a dead, partially eaten rat in the cage before, and others I know have had a rat go 'missing' then find a tiny bit of it left showing that it died and the others just 'cleaned up' the remains (because in the wild, leaving a body around attracts predators, so eating it is quite practical, if gross). If anything, this is the most 'logical' explanation for not finding remains of certain animals (though doesn't explain it completely since even animals that do eat their dead frequently don't eat all of them or in some cases, don't bother at all). Big secret burial pits is just not logical or plausible.

Particularly for an animal that is as dim as a hyrax. Honestly, as the animal kingdom goes, they're not up there with apes, dolphins, dogs, pigs or rats :/ They've done remarkably well, given this :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Im just waiting for the next hypothesis to be that they 'eat' their dead. Rats do this.

I guess you missed his post about how they take their dead and throw them into deep hidden rock crevaces.

• Like 1

GRENDILLE FOR DOGMAN CATCHER

No, I nominate Duane Chapman. Dog the Dogman Hunter.

10481654.jpg

But seriously, it sounds like you're taking any random things you hear or read about, and are connecting it to dogmen, tailermaneinafog. I wish information worked like that, but it's just making it seem that you are throwing out reason to fulfill a dogmans existence.

I guess you missed his post about how they take their dead and throw them into deep hidden rock crevaces.

..and vegetarian with the exception of fish on fridays

The low basin from New Jersey to North Carolina is probably prone to severe flooding during the ice age epoch and so this would encourage long leaping from dead trunk to dead trunk perhaps. Also tsunamis from the Atlantic would be a flooding problem from time to time.

Oh no, I saw that, but its so ridiculous an idea, Im not even going to entertain it.

In fact, the whole concept of these super-evolved hyrax is ridiculous.....but.....if someone really wants to insist that a species exist but no remains are found, it being eaten by others of its species is one of the most reasonable (sic) excuses for this, if Im playing devil's advocate.

And an animal doesn't have to be a omnivore or carnivore to eat its own. Rabbits eat their own offspring if they feel threatened, and they're a vegan species!

But really, I don't see how anyone can cling so rabidly to the idea of this begin remotely linked to the hyrax, but have absolutely no evidence or fossils to show this startling evolution. Not a one. I mean, I like to believe in the odd and paranormal and freaky, but I need at least some kind of evidence to do so :/

No, I nominate Duane Chapman. Dog the Dogman Hunter.

10481654.jpg

But seriously, it sounds like you're taking any random things you hear or read about, and are connecting it to dogmen, tailermaneinafog. I wish information worked like that, but it's just making it seem that you are throwing out reason to fulfill a dogmans existence.

Nice I like it I will resign from the race! BTW jerryonly you know we should maybe email this whole thread to the fiend club the misfits would have a field day with this topic and probably make a killer tune out of it lol.

Have we found evidence of the elusive orang pendek?. Richard Freeman describes last month's expedition in the jungles of Sumatra on the trail of the orang pendek.

According to local reports, the creature has been sighted here on a number of occasions when it comes down to raid crops such as sugar cane.

Before team one left, our guide Sahar introduced us to an eyewitness called Pak Entis, who claims to have seen an orang pendek in the garden area in April. He described it as around three feet tall but with massive shoulders and chest. He pointed to a piece of washing on a line to indicate the colour of its hair – a mid-tan. It had an ape-like face and walked upright on two legs while swinging its arms. Upon noticing Pak Entis it became alarmed and raised its hands above its head uttering a "hoo-hoo" sound and moved quickly away. It was in view for around a minute.

The hirsute male is built for brachiation, unlike the females, which I suspect are built for underwater fishing.

Have we found evidence of the elusive orang pendek?. Richard Freeman describes last month's expedition in the jungles of Sumatra on the trail of the orang pendek.

The hirsute male is built for brachiation, unlike the females, which I suspect are built for underwater fishing.

Perhaps they also have gills, in addition to bullet proof skin of course

I suspect this thread is either a joke, or you're writing from a psychiatric ward.
  • Like 1

I suspect this thread is either a joke, or you're writing from a psychiatric ward.

Why so closed minded? Cant it be both?