Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Two Legged Dogman Experiences Database

NatureBoff

Wait, is this thread supposed to be about bipedal canines or just anything vaguely humanoid and fuzzy?

According to some anything vaguely humanoid and fuzzy is obviously a bipedal canine of some sort. Come on, didn't you know? Or it could just be that in his neck of the woods LSD is making a big comeback.

Mike

Not canine. Just unknown with the evidence pointing in a few directions

Since when do you need evidence for anything?

And what would that evidence be, because up until this point I have seen none. Stories are not evidence.

Mike

So its a dogman but it's not canine? Do you have any real evidence?

So its a dogman but it's not canine? Do you have any real evidence?

Sure, dogman has its own theme song. What more proof is needed?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uwFZYCwnS0

Johnny Cash doing hip hop?

lol Jerry. I'm sure that dogman will get a resurgence in appearances when the new version of the legend is released next year for the anniversary.

The clip of the newspaper article states that the 6.5 to 7feet tall entities were vegetarian. It fits the deermanrax, dogmanrax hypothesis very well.

New Bigfoot Sightings: Proof Still Lacking

A Michigan woman says she feeds a bigfoot family blueberry bagels; others say a "snowman" roams Siberia.

THE GIST

The Michigan bigfoot family lives in the woods near the woman's home, she says.

A group of Russians, meanwhile, say a bigfoot roams an area of southern Siberia.

Neither parties have any photographs, recordings or other evidence to verify their claims.

"They get fish every day, a bucket of fruit, a bucket of dry dog food," said Robin Lynn Pfeifer, a 47-year-old resident of Newaygo County, north of Grand Rapids. "Their favorite thing is blueberry bagels. If I'm not baking them, I go to different stores to buy them. I tell them they are feeding the wildlife."

Strangely believable, the fish and fruit are perfect fit for the dogmanrax hypothesis!

My level of skepticism lowered somewhat after they found some thick, grey hair in one of the footprints. Still, I could not believe it was left by the Yeti. Mind you, some of the scientists shared my sentiment.

Just posted. "Something Wicked" in New Jersey

I haven't told this to anyone, not even my close family. The only members who know are my dad and sister, because what follows happened to us long ago, and I need some thoughts about what to do.

NOTE: I am a very religious person, a devout Methodist, and nothing "evil" has happened to me, because I have a close relationship with God. But what happened affected my dad and my sister on many levels.

It began in a small house on Buck Street in Millville, NJ. It's an old white building, "two houses in one," if you know what I mean. (It's one building, but both sides serve as houses.) My aunt, uncle, and two cousins lived in this house for a while and then the things started to happen. First, when they moved in there, they kept hearing "Marjorie" being called out, which was my uncle's mother's name, and she was dead. Then the kitchen door kept opening and shutting on its own. They saw people in 1920s clothing walking up and down the stairs. Words (sometimes too horrid to even say) were scratched into the walls. One time when my aunt was sleeping, they have an armchair in the bedroom and she saw a man sitting in it staring at her as she slept. My other uncle (my aunt's brother) one time visited and he went into a bedroom to inspect it (he's a devout Catholic) and he checked the chest-of-drawers when these hairy, evil creatures jumped out and attacked him. Eventually, they decided to move out of this house. It's abandoned now, and one time my dad drove by it just to see how it was and he saw an "evil thing" looking out at him from the top window.

My aunt, uncle, and two cousins moved into a new house in Millville, and the hauntings didn't stop. They got progressively worse. Every time I would go visit them, I would get an uneasy feeling; but the strange thing was, whenever I stepped foot into that house, the activity stopped. My aunt and dad were so happy when I visited because the activity never occurred when I was around. My sister always thought this was strange, but I take it that I had God on my side, and He gave me the ability to "sense" ghosts and they go away from me in fear. At any rate, so the hauntings got worse and my aunt and uncle's marriage began to fall apart, and my cousins moved out because they couldn't take it anymore. Well the evil, or whatever it is, followed my dad and he's had a horrible life ever since. He's broke, has no money, gone through three trailers, severe bad luck, a personality change, and has a mental problem. My aunt is broke and in the middle of a divorce, and also strapped for money.

The experiences I've had were few, but I did experience something in his second trailer. In this trailer, the lights would go on and off, pictures would fall off the walls, the computer would act funny, and other weird things. His dog would go absolutely nuts. Whenever I went into the house, I always got an unpleasant feeling, but whatever it is pretty much left me alone until I went into the bathroom. But otherwise, it would not go near me, especially when I had my Bible in hand or prayed. My aunt and dad attribute this to their mother, who my dad didn't know because she gave him up for adoption, and they recently met but she died and never got to know my dad. My dad saw her ghost haunting his second trailer.

So that's pretty much it. Now I haven't experienced anything personally, and as far as I know the hauntings stopped with my dad and aunt, but could those experiences have been a cause of their recent misfortunes?

Grey skinned Pukwudgies of Hairy Man Road are a good general fit

A Pukwudgie is a 2-or-3-foot-tall (0.61 or 0.91 m) troll-like being from the Wampanoag folklore. Pukwudgies' features resemble those of a human, but with enlarged noses, fingers and ears. Their skin is described as being a smooth grey, and at times has been known to glow.

In Native American lore, Pukwudgies have the following traits and abilities;

to appear and disappear at will

to transform into a walking porcupine (it looks like a porcupine from the back, and the front is half-troll, half-human and walks upright)

to attack people and lure them to their deaths

they are able to use magic

they have poison arrows

they can create fire at will

Pukwudgies control Tei-Pai-Wankas which are believed to be the souls of Native Americans they have killed.

Native Americans believed that Puckwudgies were best left alone. When you see a Puckwudgie you are not supposed to mess with them, or they will repay you by playing nasty tricks on you, or following you and causing trouble. They were once friendly to humans, but then turned against them. They are known to kidnap people, push them off of cliffs, attack their victims with short knives and spears, and to use sand to blind their victims.[1]

Edited by tailormaneinafog

What the hell?

You're not even trying any more. Now trolls are related to dogmen; right.

What the hell?

Trolls that shapeshift into porcupines no less. Porcupines aren't even fuzzy :(

This whole topic is getting pretty laughable IMO. But since it's under the title dogman, which is an april fools joke, I guess the thread being a joke isn't too far fetched.

At this point, I'm just waiting for harpies and merfolk to start being posted, so fins and feathers can join the fuzzy and spined critters :) Too bad aliens aren't noted for animal traits, they could join the party too. :alien:

After reading his post in he thread he was quoting there, this is related because both can have grayish skin, and the road some Pukwudgies lore is based on in one story is called "Hairy Man Road". But it was called this due to a legend of a hairy hermit man who apparently summoned trolls.

Edited by Jerry Only

My grandparents once had a little dog who would walk around on his front paws to pee. Maybe that's what's going on here, eh?

What the hell?

In that case check out this epic family of dogmen pic I found. Note the differences in coloration.

post-120418-0-42926600-1318884459_thumb.

In that case check out this epic family of dogmen pic I found. Note the differences in coloration.

Interesting. The lack of visible genitalia supports that they are female Hyraxes. Good find.

Interesting. The lack of visible genitalia supports that they are female Hyraxes. Good find.

lol. The "trolls" and "dogmen" and "mermen" etc etc have all the same root species. It's just the human interpretation that is different.

lol. The "trolls" and "dogmen" and "mermen" etc etc have all the same root species. It's just the human interpretation that is different.

So at this point I gotta ask... Why did you title the thread with dogman? Why didn't you title it humanoid cryptids? And for that matter, why did you put it under the ghost stories section instead of the cryptids section?

So at this point I gotta ask... Why did you title the thread with dogman? Why didn't you title it humanoid cryptids? And for that matter, why did you put it under the ghost stories section instead of the cryptids section?

More importantly why is this thread still open on a discussion forum?

If Smugfish wants to list and publish all manner of unrelated anecdotes as proof of his unsubstantiated claims he can create and run his own website.

If Smugfish wants to list and publish all manner of unrelated anecdotes as proof of his unsubstantiated claims he can create and run his own website.

Because people keep commenting?? Oops.

see below

Because people keep commenting?? Oops.

Exactly.......And this should be my last comment on anything Smugfish posts ( unless to defend myself on a topic I started ).....

It is bad enough that 90% of the topics here are just, well, very childish to me....But these dogmen, globirds, hyrax, etc... ones are just to the point it makes the entire site seem to be a joke.They come up on every topic anymore......

A suggestion to all, do not even reply anymore to this " trolling ", as hard as it is not to, just do not give any attention to them.....I am going to start now, hopefully others will follow.

ALEX Player has captured footage of what appears to be a mysterious alien creature moving in his backyard.

The 16-year-old Bilambil Heights resident has captured four different encounters with the alien creature on film and believes the creature has entered his home.

“The first time I saw it was the clearest.It was not that tall – only as high as the grass – and a grey colour with a big head,” Alex said.

“It didn’t make a single sound. I’m a believer but I have never seen anything like this before. I’m open to the idea.

“Who would be out in that area late at night? I don’t think it could be anything else.

The images were captured on October 5, October 24, November 20 and November 28 on a video camera and mobile phone.

Alex said the being entered his home on one occasion.

http://www.mydailynews.com.au//story/2010/12/10/alien-tweed-ufo/

Paul Dale Roberts: Now let me give you a brief history of the Laguna Creek Wetlands. In my neighborhood, they know I am a ghosthunter, monster hunter and UFO hunter. One day a bunch of crazed high school kids came knocking on my door and they told me that while partying late at night in the Laguna Creek wetlands, they saw a floating white mist in the grasslands of the Wetlands and heard a small girl’s whimpering cries. One of the girls in the group passed out during this scary ordeal. When I wrote an article about the possible haunting of the Wetlands, Manteca Paranormal Shadow Force contacted me and wanted to conduct their own investigation. They obtained orb pictures at the clump of Eucalyptus trees and at the Lee/Wightman Site that was formerly a Blacksmith Shop in 1865 they obtained an EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomenon) of a horse neighing. Possible residual haunting EVP? It must be, because there are no horses in this area.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article

The "small girl’s whimpering cries" are a familiar feature of "dogman-type" entites. They mimic the human voice to scare us away.