Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

PARENT ALERT: US Starbases A Recruiting Tool

regeneratia

When you are wrong, and the other persons opinion is correct...then yes, it would be more important.

Or you can just ignore it and pretend that you are still right.

I am thinking that if coffee fights evil...what would coffee grinds do? Hmmm? Or maybe even some old peanut shells and some guacamole?

The mature adult knows that there is no right or wrong, there is only different sets of consequences. Is this something you have learned yet?

Coffee grounds feed my azelea, and keep the soil acidic. That is what they do. They are good on roses too.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• regeneratia

• Fluffybunny

• The Silver Thong

• MissMelsWell

I can fully understand being upset because you think the DOD is trying to indoctrinate little Timmy. It happens all the time. Why do you think there are so many vid games with military themes? The US military even puts out and actually claims several of their own for free. I am not sure tho that the program you were so scared of is a recuiting too per se.

I think it is a program to get children interested in science, something woefully rare in the US. If it is sponsered by the DOD, well, best just to talk to your child about it and keep track of things.

As for all of the "personal" information you were worried about; any school activity outside the school proper falls under a completely different set of insurance liability rules. And yes, they will ask for ALL of your kids info, medical, insurance etc. This is to protect them, and otensibly your child, if your he should become ill or injured while in the care of the school. If the government wanted info on your kid they wouldn't need to bother to ask. They already know everything about him, all of his info is, every bit of it on all of those "official" forms you have been filling out since the day he was born.

Stop worrying so much about outside influences. You are the one tasked with creating a whole and functioning young adult. Do your best.

It is funny. I so totally agree that this country is NOT turning out American scientists. There is a dearth of American science students in colleges. And it has been one of my personal causes. This is why I am so angry.

But the thing we all should maybe consider is that space travel will not be government run in the future, at the time my son is finally educated and ready to leave this earth. It will be strongly privatized by that time. And the Armed forces will not be involved in it, at least not on the surface, not for public knowledge, and not under public scrutiny.

Think about what Gary McKinnon found out about parts of the space program.

Edited by regeneratia

The advantage that we have over the data collection presently by the military is that few people stay in one place for any real length of time. Especially in this day and age of rabid foreclosures. And few people work for one company for 10 years, 30 years and so on. This means that the data that they collect will be out-dated in sometimes less than a year and most certainly 10 years down the road.

This also applies to phone numbers. How many of you change your phone number with some frequency, as the contract changes? I know that will the changing of cell phone services,and with the telemarketing calls annoying us, it is now becoming routine practice to get new phone numbers rather often.

Edited by regeneratia

The mature adult knows that there is no right or wrong, there is only different sets of consequences. Is this something you have learned yet?

Coffee grounds feed my azelea, and keep the soil acidic. That is what they do. They are good on roses too.

What set of "consequences" makes it ok for a person to molest your child? HMMMM?

Are you old enough to come up with an answer for that "consequence"

:rolleyes:

Yes, there is grey in the world, but there is plenty of black and white. You try to play the wisdom card, but your posts tell a very different story. The OP very much proves the point.

The mature adult knows that there is no right or wrong, there is only different sets of consequences.

Are you kidding me. Why are there consequences if there is no right or wrong. What if someone wanted to do harm to your child but failed in there attempt and you took vengance. According to you two wrongs make a right.

If an adult does not know about morality then yes there will be consequences for there complete lack of understanding how a community lives and thrives. If one refuses to contribute to that community then you forfiet your right to criticize such a community you choose to live in.

A mature adult most assuredly knows right from wrong givin the enviroment they live. If they don`t THEN they face the consequences.

What set of "consequences" makes it ok for a person to molest your child? HMMMM?

Are you old enough to come up with an answer for that "consequence"

:rolleyes:

Yes, there is grey in the world, but there is plenty of black and white. You try to play the wisdom card, but your posts tell a very different story. The OP very much proves the point.

But you are not basing your post on fact. You are merely relating an opinion, your opinion. And that, dear, is how i read it.

I don't claim to be wise. You must have thought that, then un-thought it. LOL.

For me, there is little black and white and a poop-load of grey inbetween those slim extremes. But that is my opinion, as my disclaimer states.

Let's not confuse opinion with fact, shall we not?

Edited by regeneratia

But you are not basing your post on fact. You are merely relating an opinion, your opinion. And that, dear, is how i read it.

I don't claim to be wise. You must have thought that, then un-thought it. LOL.

For me, there is little black and white and a poop-load of grey inbetween those slim extremes. But that is my opinion, as my disclaimer states.

Let's not confuse opinion with fact, shall we not?

Nice dance around the answer, but you did not hit the mark. If there:

I want you "the mature person" to tell us the consequence whereby it would be ok to molest your child.

YOU are the one that made the claim. You are the "mature one" so educate us with your wisdom.

The advantage that we have over the data collection presently by the military is that few people stay in one place for any real length of time. Especially in this day and age of rabid foreclosures. And few people work for one company for 10 years, 30 years and so on. This means that the data that they collect will be out-dated in sometimes less than a year and most certainly 10 years down the road.

This also applies to phone numbers. How many of you change your phone number with some frequency, as the contract changes? I know that will the changing of cell phone services,and with the telemarketing calls annoying us, it is now becoming routine practice to get new phone numbers rather often.

This gives you such fear that you post on a very public website. Do you not think you IP address can be trassed from here or any other site. Do you have a credit card do you bank online, do you have facebook, have you ever online dated do you have an email account it`s all there so you are freakin out over everything and nothing at the same time.

Cool down take a breath as your freakin out over not that much. Damn women your pluggin away on your comp right now so if you want to stay in the shadow toss your comp out the window.

Are you kidding me. Why are there consequences if there is no right or wrong. What if someone wanted to do harm to your child but failed in there attempt and you took vengance. According to you two wrongs make a right.

If an adult does not know about morality then yes there will be consequences for there complete lack of understanding how a community lives and thrives. If one refuses to contribute to that community then you forfiet your right to criticize such a community you choose to live in.

A mature adult most assuredly knows right from wrong givin the enviroment they live. If they don`t THEN they face the consequences.

Certainly the US military does not know about morality.

I consider it wrong to kill. The US Military does not. There is your shade of grey. There lies the different sets of consequences.

As for molesting a child, well, I think it is on the strong side of wrong.

But karmically, is it? Oh I read this great book by Laura Esquival, THE LAW OF LOVE. It had some complex thinking regarding what is right and what is wrong. It certainly got me to thinking.

But this is off topic now.

I was thinking that the military claims to be positive role models. But are they really? I never found being an expert in killing to be all that positive as a role model. Officer who sleep with women outside their marriages, and it is the rare officer who does not do this, is not a positive role model. The military as a system lies, while that is not positive to role model icons. Then there are those gitmo tortures, those abu gharib photos. NO, this is not the kind of role model I want my son to see. I am just not going to buy the finely-honed and false images of the good soldier since we see so few of them.

Edited by regeneratia

This gives you such fear that you post on a very public website. Do you not think you IP address can be trassed from here or any other site. Do you have a credit card do you bank online, do you have facebook, have you ever online dated do you have an email account it`s all there so you are freakin out over everything and nothing at the same time.

Cool down take a breath as your freakin out over not that much. Damn women your pluggin away on your comp right now so if you want to stay in the shadow toss your comp out the window.

Whoa! That post hit a nerve, especially today. But I will not go into it. Needless to say, as of today, I have a new credit card number.

Even then, while Mastercard is getting hacked into and their data and card numbers stolen, the card number changes almost every year, or every two years. It has an out-date.

And yes, I think I freaked out over this until I figured out how to act on this. I will have my way, while they will not get any information from me or the school, and my son will go if I can go along. I am entitled to freaking out. I am menopausal. I think I will use that excuse for the next 20 years too. LOL.

I hated having my back against the wall on this issue, or it felt that way, since i have strong personal policies about handing personal information out to just anyone who asks for it. I am going to put the Military's back to the wall, where it should be until they clean up their act. Tomorrow I call Congress again to defund the DOD.

As for the ISP, I unhook the modom at night. When it comes on again, it has a new ISP number. That is how i want it.

Edited by regeneratia

But karmically, is it?

Whoa there partner! Please..are you seriously implying or suggesting that "karma" condones such a horrific thing?

Whoa there partner! Please..are you seriously implying or suggesting that "karma" condones such a horrific thing?

This is what happens to people who paint themselves into corners with false wisdom, and don't have the integrity to admit they were wrong.

Whoa! That post hit a nerve, especially today. But I will not go into it. Needless to say, as of today, I have a new credit card number.

Even then, while Mastercard is getting hacked into and their data and card numbers stolen, the card number changes almost every year, or every two years. It has an out-date.

And yes, I think I freaked out over this until I figured out how to act on this. I will have my way, while they will not get any information from me or the school, and my son will go if I can go along. I am entitled to freaking out. I am menopausal. I think I will use that excuse for the next 20 years too. LOL.

I hated having my back against the wall on this issue, or it felt that way, since i have strong personal policies about handing personal information out to just anyone who asks for it. I am going to put the Military's back to the wall, where it should be until they clean up their act. Tomorrow I call Congress again to defund the DOD.

As for the ISP, I unhook the modom at night. When it comes on again, it has a new ISP number. That is how i want it.

You do realise that everything you post on the net is perminent and just unplugging you modom at night does nothing. By doing that you are waking up the machine and having crap run that you may not want to everytime you unplug and plug in. You can have your way all you want as long as it causes no harm to others. I am very much in favor of freedom and yes freedom is under attack according to some but you forget that most of the world has less freedom then you will ever suffer lack of.

There is no doubt that military spending is crazy beyond belief and war sucks ass and the wars you are in are a sack of bs but you still have freedom. Killing is beyond something I could ever do unless it was a direct and I mean a direct threat to me my family or my country so I agree with you there. No paycheck could get me in Iraq to kill people that have no direct threat to me or my own.

However back to you wanting to keep things private. Your rants and anti government posts sure do not help your cause when you claim menopausal madness.

No, I am saying that Laura Esquival's book presents some intriguing concepts regarding that and the play of karma.

But if you are unable to think in a complex manner, I am sure that it could be easily and simply interpreted in that manner.

This is what happens to people who paint themselves into corners with false wisdom, and don't have the integrity to admit they were wrong.

Ah yes, and we are all familiar with how you have this need to flame other people. We see it time and time again, person after person. We can only anticipate that it will always occur from you. This is your personality, laden in the need to ridicule other and attempt to make them feel small. I accept that. Go ahead, big boy, flame away.

I suspect that there is some alcohol issues involved in your personality display. It is a hallmark of alcoholism to need to make people feel small and to ridicule them. So says Doug Thorburn. Do you need a link for that, dear? I have got one.

I woudl indeed admit I was wrong if I felt that way, but I do not feel that way. I do NOT support my US Military and their agenda for our children, those children we love and raise and indulge and worry over. NO, the military cannot have them if the mothers and fathers do not want them to go. And again I state that the Military DOES NOT present good role models for our children. They are not moral, in any sense of the word, as a group, as an institution, as a government agency.

Edited by regeneratia

Ah yes, and we are all familiar with how you have this need to flame other people. We see it time and time again, person after person. We can only anticipate that it will always occur from you. This is your personality, laden in the need to ridicule other and attempt to make them feel small. I accept that. Go ahead, big boy, flame away.

I suspect that there is some alcohol issues involved in your personality display. It is a hallmark of alcoholism to need to make people feel small and to ridicule them. So says Doug Thorburn. Do you need a link for that, dear? I have got one.

I woudl indeed admit I was wrong if I felt that way, but I do not feel that way. I do NOT support my US Military and their agenda for our children, those children we love and raise and indulge and worry over. NO, the military cannot have them if the mothers and fathers do not want them to go. And again I state that the Military DOES NOT present good role models for our children. They are not moral, in any sense of the word, as a group, as an institution, as a government agency.

Hey your veiws on the military I can stand here and agree to a point but I think you just got far to personal and should retact your personal asault on FB. It was uncalled for and for the record, I`m the one having a few beers so blast away.

Your attacking the troops and thats the same as killing the messanger. Does nothing to further your stance. You need to relax, hell can I buy you a drink ;)

Edited by The Silver Thong

I honest to God FEAR for the kid the day he comes home asking if he can play Call of Duty.

By the looks of things you're trying to protect him from what you perceive as brainwashing, which is fine, and I would do the same. Just... you know... not the way you're doing it.

Counter-brainwashing is not the answer :)

Oh, and you say that your son is a "rebel", and that you have actually purposefully raised him this way? Who are the people teenagers rebel against the most?

What's to stop your son from finally realizing he's had enough of being brainwashed (by you, not the military), and saying "F&$K this, I'm joining the army." I LITERALLY saw this happen with a male student in my year at high school. He left school halfway through his senior year, went and joined the army, and is now living an amazingly interesting life. FAR better than the life he was heading toward, I must say.

You do realise that everything you post on the net is perminent and just unplugging you modom at night does nothing. By doing that you are waking up the machine and having crap run that you may not want to everytime you unplug and plug in. You can have your way all you want as long as it causes no harm to others. I am very much in favor of freedom and yes freedom is under attack according to some but you forget that most of the world has less freedom then you will ever suffer lack of.

There is no doubt that military spending is crazy beyond belief and war sucks ass and the wars you are in are a sack of bs but you still have freedom. Killing is beyond something I could ever do unless it was a direct and I mean a direct threat to me my family or my country so I agree with you there. No paycheck could get me in Iraq to kill people that have no direct threat to me or my own.

However back to you wanting to keep things private. Your rants and anti government posts sure do not help your cause when you claim menopausal madness.

Whatever. We are supposed to be friends.

Oh, and you say that your son is a "rebel", and that you have actually purposefully raised him this way? Who are the people teenagers rebel against the most?

What's to stop your son from finally realizing he's had enough of being brainwashed (by you, not the military), and saying "F&$K this, I'm joining the army." I LITERALLY saw this happen with a male student in my year at high school. He left school halfway through his senior year, went and joined the army, and is now living an amazingly interesting life. FAR better than the life he was heading toward, I must say.

I am am encouraging that day, when he begins to think on his own, dear. I am not like you.

I don't fit in your little narrow category. You are going to have to forge a new neuropathway if you want to be accurate about me. I don't know how tough that will be for you.

I honest to God FEAR for the kid the day he comes home asking if he can play Call of Duty.

By the looks of things you're trying to protect him from what you perceive as brainwashing, which is fine, and I would do the same. Just... you know... not the way you're doing it.

Counter-brainwashing is not the answer :)

He played it today. Plays it every day after school. I have played it. I just have him call all the bad guys Donnie or Rummie. Sometimes a Perle or a Karlie.SOmetimes they are called BAAAUUUSH.

I know it is hard to deal with the self-assured. I am so enlightened about how much my confidence in myself has disturbed you all. Get over it.

I am over this. I know how I am going to act. And it will have great results.

Public results.

Edited by regeneratia

Whatever. We are supposed to be friends.

We are friends but I just don`t think this topic deserves the passion you are giving it. We can see your concern but it may be just a bit much. I am from a liberal anti war hippie oil crazy family and I wanted to be a soldier a firefighter a cop a 007 guy from the time I was 6. I don`t want to be a meanie but I think your putting to much into this. Saying that anti war is the stance I would take any day of the week.

Hope we are still friends.

**Okay, this train wreck of a thread is rapidly getting into personal territory. If people want to deal PM each other requesting clarification, go right ahead. Regeneratia, if you are going to ask for people's opinions, don't attack them when they give you opinions you dislike. Thread closed. Contact the Saru if you wish to appeal.**