Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Feature Requests / Bug Reporting

Saru

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Daughter of the Nine Moons

• Janiel

• Magikman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If that feature used to be in the last version, it must have been intentionally removed - unfortunately if thats the case then it's simply no longer supported in IPB 2.0, and i can't add it in again i'm afraid. sad.gif

The users viewing a topic however are still listed at the bottom of the topic view.

Am I imagining things or did the events/calendar box disappear from the bottom of the main forum page?

Am I imagining things or did the events/calendar box disappear from the bottom of the main forum page?

Unfortunately i had to take it down because of the sheer number of calendar events coming up, it had turned into a large block of text which i wasn't too happy with. I'm going to see if i can change it's layout to make it more presentable.

The forum filters(to catch swearing) do not appear to be working...has anybody else noticed this?

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons

Do you have any links to specific examples, dot? Everyone knows how ridicuously 'puritanical' I am about curse words. tongue.gif

Edited by Magikman

The offensive language filter appears to be working properly, unless there are any words or variations i've missed that aren't on the list.

Do you have any links to specific examples, dot? Everyone knows how ridicuously 'evangelical' I am about curse words. tongue.gif

261798[/snapback]

Nah...just something I noticed

The offensive language filter appears to be working properly, unless there are any words or variations i've missed that aren't on the list.

261818[/snapback]

Probably a variation.... SaRu now remember that PM I just sent you....I am NOT calling you that just letting you know what the word is laugh.giftongue.gif

Dot original.gif

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons

laugh.gif Thanks Dot, that one was not on the list - that's it on there now. thumbsup.gif

Well now you've got us all wondering what the word was hehehe.

I've noticed that moderate swearing is tolerated... is it only severe swearing like the f word that gets filtered or something?

Ames original.gif

is it just me or are the hot topic/new posts icons always the wrong color?

user posted image

hmm it seems as if theyre working fine now whistling2.gif

Edited by Tull

I'd like to request a Karma system. People can rate other peoples posts, giving, or taking Karma. Maybe there could be rewards for having high Karma. And there could be a limit on how much Karma you can give every day (to prevent "Karma whoring"). Is this possible?

It is possible, however we had a very brief trial of it a while ago and it wasn't too successful.

Systems like that can sometimes cause more harm than good, people reluctant to participate through worry of being given more negative Karma from other members who bear a grudge, or constantly assigning positive karma to their friends whenever possible. The resulting 'karma rating' ends up inaccurate and unfair, so i don't think it's a very good idea.

I did consider a 'points' system, though i can't promise that it will happen. Such a system would award points to members depending on their contributions to the forum, posting in a topical area for example would give more points than posting in off-topic.

Anyway that's just an idea at this point, it would probably be very difficult to implement.

ok, i've been wondering this for a while....is there anyway to make it so you can close/open threads you make? like if it goes wrong or somthing and you dont want it getting any worse you could just close it on your own...

you know what i mean?

That option is not available to members, i think it best that the opening and closing of threads be left to the moderators.

For the last couple days now, I haven't been able to delete any old messages using the 'edit PM folders' function. Don't know if this has anything to do with the current upgrade, it worked fine after the change until Friday. blink.gif

* - as a minor addendum, it also says I have 2 unsent messages, which I was unaware of, yet when I click on the link to see them, it gives me a folder empty dialog box. This also appeared just a couple days ago. huh.gif

Edited by Magikman

For the last couple days now, I haven't been able to delete any old messages using the 'edit PM folders' function.

Try it again, but untick the 'keep unread PMs' option, perhaps it thinks that the messages you have left are unread.

I can't explain the unsent messages though, perhaps they were bounced because the recipient's mail folder was full.

why not a karma system were you can only give points ( and not take them away ) ?

From my previous post:

Systems like that can sometimes cause more harm than good, people reluctant to participate through worry of being given more negative Karma from other members who bear a grudge, or constantly assigning positive karma to their friends whenever possible. The resulting 'karma rating' ends up inaccurate and unfair, so i don't think it's a very good idea.

I'm not happy with a system of 'karma', it doesn't accurately represent anything about a member because it can be too easily manipulated.

Lords if we had the 'karma' system back all the Mods would have negative in no time <lol> whistling2.gif

another idea....

i have seen this on many other forums...

Forum skins.

you know what i mean?

where everyone can pick a different layout for UM

weither it's simply color changes, or even complete texture changes (and yes i have seen those too)

but i was just wondering if you might want to throw some in.

Thanks,

Janiel

I'll keep it in mind, but that would be a lot of work - so i can't promise it will happen.