Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Iraqi children shot in head by US Troops

acidhead

But even Wiki Leaks and the rest of the internet are susceptible to manipulation and misinformation... Regardless of where a story comes from it can always be changed. Probably one of the biggest problems with humans is lying, but at the same time it's probably one of our most powerful tools.

That`s why one must look at many possible sources and even then media control can be suspect. The media and the net in the last 10 years has become a mine field to promote one agenda over another in some form. It`s more about spotting patterns now.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• acidhead

• The Silver Thong

• Missile Punch

• aquatus1

Does anyone have a link to a less biased website regarding what happened here?

Suggest one or two or post one maybe.

That`s why one must look at many possible sources and even then media control can be suspect. The media and the net in the last 10 years has become a mine field to promote one agenda over another in some form. It`s more about spotting patterns now.

That's correct Silver! Current events form future trends.... to those paying attention.

Suggest one or two or post one maybe.

If I had one some, I wouldn't need to ask for one.

You don't need a website/news media for this. Just read the cable: http://s3.documentcl...9146-ishaqi.pdf

Thanks. It's a little better. I would like some other sources, though, for comparisons sake.

Unless this is a failure in the squad, as the letter seems to imply at first glance (a squad gone rogue, as it where), I can't see an advantage of executing prisoners, particularly a geriatric and a child (and frankly, most soldiers I know would shoot their own first sergeant before they follow an unlawful order to execute a 5 year old). Nor am I convinced that this was something done in the heat of combat, although again, it is the story that indicates that these executions happened afterwards.

There seems to be an entire half to the story missing, if not more. I would like to hear from the other side prior to even pretending to come to a conclusion.

Edit to add: I don't know what the picture on the original site is from, but that is not a picture of people killed execution style. Either it is staged, or more likely, from an entirely different event.

Edited by aquatus1

If I had one some, I wouldn't need to ask for one.

Thanks. It's a little better. I would like some other sources, though, for comparisons sake.

Unless this is a failure in the squad, as the letter seems to imply at first glance (a squad gone rogue, as it where), I can't see an advantage of executing prisoners, particularly a geriatric and a child (and frankly, most soldiers I know would shoot their own first sergeant before they follow an unlawful order to execute a 5 year old). Nor am I convinced that this was something done in the heat of combat, although again, it is the story that indicates that these executions happened afterwards.

There seems to be an entire half to the story missing, if not more. I would like to hear from the other side prior to even pretending to come to a conclusion.

Edit to add: I don't know what the picture on the original site is from, but that is not a picture of people killed execution style. Either it is staged, or more likely, from an entirely different event.

I am sceptic too regarding the photos... no visible wounds. If the place was bombed to cover the evidence why are their bodies intact? Yet, the cable says otherwise................................................................ hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I hope somebody picks up on what Im thinking.

The photo appears to haven been taken after the bodies were removed from the site of the raid (or whatever event cause their deaths). Additional photos I found show the bodies were being publicly displayed and in some photos there is blood/wounds visible.

capt-87d5ba342a51481a97cbb6b43a4834e2-iraq_civilians_killed_bag114.jpg

I think the version of the story in the media is sadly plausible. However, the idea that it might be a "hoax" has some merits as well. Perhaps this story was fabricated (at least in part) with the intent to stir up aggression towards US troops and in turn further legitimize the military's role there.

Edited by el midgetron

The thing of it is that I am looking at the bodies of what are supposed to be executed 5, 3, and 5 month old children, and they seem remarkably intact.

Full grown adults get torn apart from being shot at close range. My skepticism regarding these pictures has increased.

My point is that such violence against civilians has been legacy of our military actions long before Iraq. I certainly don't justify it or mean to gloss it over, however asking "why" seems to negate our military's history.

No it points out in clear relief the costs of a war that was not needed and unnecessary - for one man's personal satisfaction and another's wallet.

I just hope that justice will be served in one form or another.

Bush and Cheney in jail? not likely...

No it points out in clear relief the costs of a war that was not needed and unnecessary - for one man's personal satisfaction and another's wallet.

I agree ...except for the part where you seem to disagree with me. Anyway, for the record, I agree with you. :tu:

Whoever is responsible, hoax or not, needs to pay!!

Then again, WikiLeaks also supposedly uncovered cables stating the government hired 3-4 contract outfits to discredit, hack, and undermine what wl was doing. So, who knows what the actual truth is. The bodies don't look burned, or dismembered, this seems questionable at best. However, children are still dead.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

The thing of it is that I am looking at the bodies of what are supposed to be executed 5, 3, and 5 month old children, and they seem remarkably intact.

Full grown adults get torn apart from being shot at close range. My skepticism regarding these pictures has increased.

I tend to agree with you on that.

Wait it says that all the dead were handcuffed right? Why would anyone handcuff a 5 month old? And does the US still use handcuffs or do they use those plastic ties? This might be a case of a night raid gone wrong but there's a lot about this story that seems fishy.

The photo appears to haven been taken after the bodies were removed from the site of the raid (or whatever event cause their deaths). Additional photos I found show the bodies were being publicly displayed and in some photos there is blood/wounds visible.

capt-87d5ba342a51481a97cbb6b43a4834e2-iraq_civilians_killed_bag114.jpg

I think the version of the story in the media is sadly plausible. However, the idea that it might be a "hoax" has some merits as well. Perhaps this story was fabricated (at least in part) with the intent to stir up aggression towards US troops and in turn further legitimize the military's role there.

Put me in the camp of those highly suspicious about this.

Even the photo above doesn't look like it's of people that were shot in the head execution style and then bombed. Ever see what a 9mm or 5.56 NATO round does to a human head - particularly a child's head? Let's just say that we're not talking open casket funeral here. And then let's drop some bombs or a shoot a missle into the whole thing.

These photos just don't add up to the story that was presented. Even moreso when you take into account how highly skilled our enemy is in manipulating and staging PR events - as has been proven many times.

Dear Sir ,Fluffybunny ...

The main issue here is iraq and iraqi children, this subject has to be in the Middle east section (like in my source...) (is not the first time)... <---That i was thinking about it and for this reason I have sought in this section (M.East),then I have not found and I've created that thread.

Thank you for your attention.

I can't believe it took so long for someone to bring up the photos! that was the first thing i noticed!!! and the second one does not help either, its not big enough to know for sure but i see no blood and no wounds in either pictures. You would think the person taking the photo would move the blanket to show the wounds, or snap a photo of the soldiers leaving etc. something along those lines. I think this story is bull, or at least the photos are :yes:

also, didn't they say they were going to release a cable on aliens and they never did?

more info is needed before i will believe this event happened or happened the way they say it did.

Bull shiznit,I think it was done buy their own people and they turned the blame on our troops,They are known to fight with their women and children at their side,I have seen this with mine own eyes,I was lucky to have been a sniper and hit my targets with out injury to children or them women.But to even believe that our troops done this is absurd.But whos to know what really happened,My only regret when I came home was that there isn't anyone worth shooting at here in the states,Just kidding.Wow stuff like this blows my mind.

Does that tell you anything?

majority rules.. you know, there will come a time and the games will seize to exist. til then :)