Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pima County, AZ GOP Gifford Glock Gun Raffle

THE MATRIX

My link

Eyebrows shot up all over the country Thursday following news that that the Republican Party in Pima County, AZ -- home to Tucson and Rep. Gabrielle Giffords' (D) district -- is raffling off a Glock similar to the one used to shoot Giffords in the head in January.

In Tucson, the condemnation of the plan was universal and bi-partisan.

"There's a woman who has a bullet in the brain and who everybody is wishing a full recovery," Brian Miller, the immediate past chair of the Pima County GOP told TPM. "I don't think that raffling off a firearm right now is probably the right way to go."

Miller says the people who took over the party -- and booted him from his position after he criticized local law enforcement for shooting a Marine in a controversial raid on his home in May -- are from the "my way or the highway" wing of the GOP who don't pay much thought to the political fallout from their actions.

Ok, I'm speechless on this one since there is not enough eye rolls for this.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MstrMsn

• preacherman76

• THE MATRIX

• Rafterman

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it also be insesitive to raffle off a 1967 Oldsmobile Delmont 88 on or near Martha's Vineyard?

What ever. This is pure strawman crap. As if they actualy called the auction "Gifford Glock Gun Raffle"That would be horrible, but obviously the people auctioning the gun dont see any relevence. It doesnt matter if it was, but it isnt even the same kinda gun. Sounds like a man bitter cause lost his job, looking for anyway to demonize the people who pushed him out.

Just to add though. Im with him 100% for criticized to cops for killing that marine. Its the result of homeland security training police that vets are terrorists.

Edited by preacherman76

Would it also be insesitive to raffle off a 1967 Oldsmobile Delmont 88 on or near Martha's Vineyard?

Is no one getting this referrence?

Just to add though. Im with him 100% for criticized to cops for killing that marine. Its the result of homeland security training police that vets are terrorists.

Actually, it's from a report put out from the Obama appointed director (well, a so-called "study"). We're terrorists only in the sense that everything we stand for, is in direct opposition as to what Obama's administration stands for. If I still had a copy of it, I would post it on here. It's about Right wing extremists.

You should have seen one done years ago about Left wing extremists. It had specifics of atrocities they committed, which are far worse than anything the nuts on the right have done.

Actually, it's from a report put out from the Obama appointed director (well, a so-called "study"). We're terrorists only in the sense that everything we stand for, is in direct opposition as to what Obama's administration stands for. If I still had a copy of it, I would post it on here. It's about Right wing extremists.

You should have seen one done years ago about Left wing extremists. It had specifics of atrocities they committed, which are far worse than anything the nuts on the right have done.

Yea, its amazing how homeland has redirected the term terrorist from brown men in caves thousands of miles away, to nearly every American in one way or another. According to them, vets are the biggest threat to this country. In reality, they say that cause they know vets have the best chance to confront the tyranny governmet imposes, and will continue to advance.

Yea, its amazing how homeland has redirected the term terrorist from brown men in caves thousands of miles away, to nearly every American in one way or another. According to them, vets are the biggest threat to this country. In reality, they say that cause they know vets have the best chance to confront the tyranny governmet imposes, and will continue to advance.

It's not just that. It's also because many of us are vocal against the current administration. They are using our training and knowledge as a "hey, they can teach militia groups how to make bombs and stuff..." while the truth is, they could teach us a few things.