Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How to kill a ghost

BronzePeanut

oops...old topic

Edited by Sakari

Well to some of my mates, killing a ghost in theory is plausible but theory never gets the job done. When you return to reality you notice that you can do something far worse though..

Bind it. Binding a ghost say inside a bottle, is something witch doctors commonly do to prevent them from returning, and at times its an only option.. Food for thought.

• 3 weeks later...

Just think how many ppl have lived on earth and have passed and not all of them have had good deaths. Its weird that some places are haunted and majority not.

If you have a real haunting and you are trying to get rid of it, and you realize that it isn't malignant then you can live with it. If its something negative and is progressing through stages from just a noise to full intimidation and extreme fear then all you can do is pray and use holy water. Or you can just move out.

Question is why would it haunt? Does the home need to be brought down and rebuilt?

I was watching this show one time and this man had this ghost after him trying to kill him. He finally told the ghost to go ahead and kill him and when he died he was coming after him. The ghost left him alone after that. I think the show was on Discovery channel.

I don't know about 'killing' but there must be some way of removing it from the same dimension/atmosphere whatever, we might see that as killing something but in the big picture it's just slipping between places.

Edited by DancingCorpse

Well if ghosts register on EMF detectors then it's reasonable to assume that they are probably composed of some type of electromagnetic field. The way to deal with an electromagnetic field is to degauss it(demagnetize). I would take a powerful degausser unit and place it where the ghost commonly manifests. Probably the more powerful the degausser the better effect it may have. I've seen some pretty good ones on ebay or from an electronics supply house. I'm not certain what type of effect it will have on the annoying apparition but it may disrupt and or disperse it's electromagnetic "presence". Not exactly "killing" the ghost if it can pull itself back together after the degausser is shut off but it will probably lay a good smackdown on the ghost and may convince it to move along to a less well armed haunt.

I've never been bothered by one because I don't believe in them. I DO believe in demon spirits and don't take a chance of inviting them into my home or ME by watching movies about them or reading books of them. If something IS bothering you it probably is a demon and prayer and fasting with faith will dispell the demon.

• 2 months later...

Ghosts have different definations according to different mythologies, in indian mythology a person after death either goes to hell or heaven depending on his past karma and activities. A certain ritual needs to be done to ensure the safe travel of the deceased persons spirit from this dimension to another dimension. But still if the ghost of a person troubles other people, haunts people or causes trouble to others means the ghost has some work pending to complete,and does not want to leave our dimension, the deceased person might have had some wishes which remained unfulfilled due to sudden death (accidents, murder) and that ghost might have not got mukti (or freedom) So if we meet a ghost it is better to ask about their relieving and to help them leave our dimension. Some ghosts voluntarily accept your prayers and rituals for their freedom whereas some ghosts become violent and want to live in our dimension forever inspite of knowing the fact that they have lost their physical body and are not fit to live in our dimension.

failturner25 used holyga!

Ghost took 9999 damage!

Ghost died!

failturner25 gained 678xp!

failturner25 is now lv99!

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Killing all ghosts $6,000 USD no questions asked.

Come on down to UYB's dead ghost emporium, where we kill ghosts dead the first time or your money back.

Act within the next 20 minutes for a free slapchop. That's a $2,000,000 value yours for 3 low payments of $1,999.99

Edited by Use your brain
  • Like 2

If this subject is to be taken seriously at all, ghosts/spirits can not be killed except by God.

A Seraphim is used. Which is the highest order of angels and can be lethal to ANY "spirit"

The "flaming sword" of a Seraphim can not be overcome under ANY circumstance, not even by Lucifer, as the "flaming sword" is actually a direct extension of the Holy Spirit in Judaic/Christian theology.

It's use(the flaming sword) appears to be rare, usually to "guard".

Seraphim's can not be called upon or invoked by humans at all. They are directly, and ONLY, ordered by God.

That's my humble understanding.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I dont know if this thread had already been made but Ive been reading up on loads of unexplained mysteries and in a lot of cases ghosts have actually caused death to the people they haunt not just through discomfort but through actually giving them a disease of somesort

(link here http://www.unsolved.com/ghost.html <click on black hope curse)

anyway for these kind of ghosts i think more than exorcism is neccessary is there a way to actually kill these types of ghosts even if it means halting any chance of an afterlife?

Some people claim the ability to drain them of energy so that they can't manifest or affect the physical world. I'd look into energy work. I have had one situation where I felt that I had just automatically done this as a defense mechanism against a "nasty." It was a sort of reflexive response.

Edited by ChaosRose

Some people claim the ability to drain them of energy so that they can't manifest or affect the physical world. I'd look into energy work. I have had one situation where I felt that I had just automatically done this as a defense mechanism against a "nasty." It was a sort of reflexive response.

You might want to bear in mind that the person you are quoting hasn't been on UM for a few years. Interesting information though.

You might want to bear in mind that the person you are quoting hasn't been on UM for a few years. Interesting information though.

I'm not quoting anyone.

Sure you did, BronzePeanut is who you quoted. He hasn't been on since 2011.

No. I didn't. I'm the one who said this. And it's because I've had contact with many people over the years who are occultists.

Sure you did, BronzePeanut is who you quoted. He hasn't been on since 2011.

See post #42.

I already replied here, and I forgot.

BronzePeanut asked the question that I was answering. I'm quoting myself.

Edited by ChaosRose

No. I didn't. I'm the one who said this. And it's because I've had contact with many people over the years who are occultists.

Lol... when you click on the "quote" button at the bottom of someones response, that is quoting them. Like you quoted my comment of "Sure you did, BronzePeanut is who you quoted. He hasn't been on since 2011." when you made your response, and I quoted you to make that little box with your statement show up in the above.

That's why it's called quoting, because you are using the quote button to quote something another member said. And that is why the persons name along with the date and time show up in the header of that quote box, so we know who is being quoted and from when the quote came.

So in post #45, your post... you had quoted BronzePeanut's original post from 2011 to make your response. So I quoted you and gave my response to let you know that member hadn't been on.. sometimes people don't notice they are necroposting.

Another way to quote here on UM is to use the quote bubble, which is the little cartoon speech bubble in your tool bar at the top of the typing box. When you use that form of quoting, it looks like this:

Note that it only says quote in the header, instead of including your name with the timestamp like it does in the quote at the top of this post.

Oh I see what you mean. I thought you were trying to say that my words were not my own.

If this is an old discussion, and you want it to fall off the wall, then just quit replying to it. If I see it, and I forget again, I'm probably gonna say the same thing. LOL.

Necroposting...I like that term.

Edited by ChaosRose

Heh, it's all good. I'm not worried about the topic falling off the wall... I just figured you didn't realize it was a necropost and I didn't want you to get frustrated because the guy wasn't going to ever answer back. :tu: