Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Air napping' in suspended cocoons is latest

Still Waters

A gym in Charlotte, NC, is offering frazzled clients a class in the ultimate relaxation technique: sleeping.

Air napping, the latest craze at the Flex-and-Fit gym, sees customers climbing into silken hammocks and hanging in sweet repose for 25 minutes.

In what may be the least arduous gym class ever, the nappers are simply required to make themselves comfortable and fall asleep to the strains of calming music.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robert1

• bLu3 de 3n3rgy

• Still Waters

• Skeptic Chicken

I'm sorry, but those look incredibly uncomfortable. I have enough trouble sleeping on creases in my sheets, Imagine trying to sleep with your shoulders cramped forward from being pushed into a suitable position in those things. Let alone their made of silk :\

Why do they have to hang suspended from a caccoon? Haven't any of these people ever heard of a cot? I always thought they were more comfortable than hammocks anyway. :wacko:

I think this is awesome, personally i have always wanted to have a bed that is like a cocoon ever since i have been young, perhaps not quite like that.

I've actually slept in something like this before. It was a hammock that wasn't tied on just right. The sides folded up on me and turned me into something like a burrito. Kinda cozy. It wasn't too bad for a little afternoon nap.