Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I really need advice

Vigil4

Thank you for showing me how to word it correctly. I wasn't sure what to call it, so thank you for showing the correct wording. I think the same as you. I believe that I should practice my skills more. Telekinesis is very hard for me while electro isn't. I don't know if this matters, but ever since I was very small, I drew lightning bolts on the side of papers or really anything. I still do when I daydream. Do you believe in destiny? I do. Why else would I be drawing lightning bolts ever since I was 4 or 5?

I do think we have a life plan and a set of potentials for many things. Destiny is not the best word for describing our probable outcomes. We all have "free choice". Much of what you speak about requires effort that is not automatic. Your inclinations towards electromagnetic influences are strong. How that fits in with what you really want to do with your life is any one's guess.

I always encourage a working relationship with a person's inner guidance. I am quite spiritual in my views about many things. Not in the religious sense but more in line with ancient and forgotten principals of energy work. In your case, the word to use is intuition. I understand it to be your guidance towards wisdom and discernment.

Then again if you wish to practice and evolve your skills, you will eventually require what I would call a strong working relationship with your spiritual essence. Sometimes I call that a person's energetic essence. It depends on how you relate to the word spiritual. You could also call it your psychic essence. It is higher than the human conscious perspectives in both wisdom and energetic vibration. Consider it an evolved aspect of the self that resides within.

Be patient with these things and let them unfold for you in their most appropriate ways.

John

It might be a good time to make a stronger connection with your inner guidance. Give this practice a try and see what happens.

Enter a reflective state of mind and relax. State in your mind that you wish to speak with your inner guidance. Then start an imaginary conversation with that guidance. Speak about what you feel at that moment and ask for insights about those emotions. Then listen. Be quiet with your thoughts. Then trust those next inclinations.

Best Wishes!!

John

Hi, I'm new here. I really need advice. I'm 13, female and have powers. I have electrokineses, and telekineses. Plus some psychic stuff. I got these powers last year and have known about it for the last 8 months. Also I can feel vibrations. Like, I can put my hand on anything and if someone says something I can feel it. Loud music gets on my nerves because I can feel it all through my body. Wood is really helpful to feel vibrations. When I first got electrokineses, I was shocking everyone and everything. I even shocked wood. Plus, my fingers tingled and felt like they were on fire from time to time. Then it dissapeared for two to three months. I was happy. Then it came back. Now it's more toned down but two days ago I woke up and my hands were tingling crazy. It was like 3:00 in the morning. Then I saw blue lightning come from my hands and I think I passed out. I woke up depleted of energy. I can hear like a dog. I can hear really high noises. I got telekinesis when I got electrokinesis and I could only move pages and papers. But I did move a ball yesterday by moving my hands. I can guess things and always get it right. I've noticed that lately I've been looking at words and switching them around in my head subconsciously. And I can understand different languages super easily. My dreams have been haunting me lately and I can't seem to shake them. They're not even bad dreams! And I forgot, sorry, I can control the wind. I can move my hand and a gust of wind blows. If any one can help me understand this and help me control these powers, I would be extremely grateful.

Sorry to rain on the parade of this thread, but no. There has never been any demonstrated evidence of any kind of -kinesis. Shocking people can be caused by static build-up. I don't believe you have telekinesis, or that you can control the wind. If you really can move a ball with your mind I suggest you take up the offer in place by the James Randi foundation and win the million dollar prize.

Thanks John! I'll try this! Also Endoplasmic Reticulum, I know it sounds impossible. But I have done it. Of course I don't expect you to believe me but still, thanks for the reply.

• 4 weeks later...

I think James Randi's whole speil is to be able to use his very powerful illusionist.. showman.. magicians skills discreetly to discredit all evidence of psychic ability... He has the Media attention of offering $million to anyone who can scientifically prove they have paranormal.. psychic ability....But the catch is they all have to perform his way.. on his terms... he has full control of the testing grounds..the Psyi skilled/contestants sign over the control of the experiment..have to inform him what skills they have and how they perform.. Randi or his assistants over the next months or years of constant communication decide if and when they can perform... and the setting is totally up to Randi.. and he sometimes has a say as to how the contestant is to showcase their skills.. the total experiment.. time...lodging.. stage setting.. all expenses are the responsibility of the contestant... It ends up being time consuming and expensive...for the contestants.. and sometimes after all that Randi refuses to see them.. according to the published letters of previous contestants... Remember how skilled David Copperfield and other illusionists are.. they spend months.. years rehearsing and setting the scenes for their shows... amazing skills at subterfuge... Skills that Randi is said to be familiar with.. skills that he can use to ensure he keeps his millions in tact...

It is almost Psi versus Illusionist battle.. Proving that his skills can prove that Esp.. telekenisis... paranormal.. Psi doesn't exist... that those who claim these powers either correctly or incorrectly are frauds... has brought Randi fame and fortune...

So don't use Randi, a master illusionist as the arbitor of all humanity latency... ...

We know it exists... We have all experienced it randomly or sometimes regularily... There is still much to be understood... hence it's unreliability... but things like manipulating weather... causing electronics to freeze.. affecting objects... healing... 'Knowing' / feeling what is to come..having accasional miraculous incidents.. powers... is not all that unusual.. every one has heard of someone .. saw something.. has experienced something that fits in these categories... these gifts can eventually be enhanced.. if we learn how.. practice...at the moment for most it is instinctive.. intuitive.. dreams sometimes help.. teach us.. Also these gifts can change over time.. grow or diminish.. other gifts too may make appearances.. almost like bits of a puzzle... Don't give up.. explore.. and as for some spiritual guidance.. that may help on a subconscious level to play safe... minimize consequences... ( actions have equal reactions.. or as those of the spiritual bend say.. what ever you put out.. returns to you 10 fold.. ) Have a neutralizing.. safe state.. eg.. like a "Touch Wood" release in case you want to cancel.. minimize what you put out there... ( gut instinct may tell you that something may play out wrong.. or affect more than you wish ) I read somewhere that there is some sort of 7 second delay.. a spiritual safety measure where you can rework your intent....

Just threw in a few things to think about... If they 'feel right' for you.. ( take the idea..thought..of what gifts you are using..playing with.. learning with... visualize it.. feel it.. play around with it.. if it feels cool.. pleasant.. like a warm hug... feels like there is a comforting glow to it.. some joy..a smile.. it is safe for you.. you can add prayers of protection.. guidance...to the mix...then do it... if you feel uncomfortable.. don't or rethink it ..look at potential outcomes...take it slowly.. soon you will be able to judge your actions almost instinctually .. actually have glimpses/ images..inspirational thoughts of additional guidances.. that may help you learn more..)

Eg.. if you have weather skills, can produce rain... wind... visualize it raining where there are bushfires..visualize wind buffering or blowing away flames from houses... protecting people... just some ideas of future uses... you can visualize scenarios that minimize dangerous situations.. like muggers tripping over something so the potential victims can escape... or that cars brake just in time to stop or minimize accidents... just for a start.. positive uses that can be done privately.. no preasure... but good intent... If it works good.. if it doesn't .. at least you tried... don't waste too much time fretting..

From what I have heard.. experienced.. having signs of telekenitic.. electric .. empathic skills are usefull in healing.. A safe way to explore is perhaps go and learn at some healing touch centres.. I hear many nurses have done some form of training in that field.. Reiki is a common one...ask around.. The first time I experienced Reiki was when I went to a normal medical clinic where a qualified doctor also used Reiki.. it was amazing.. was safe.. She gave me clues as to where to explore this further.. She also said I should keep a journal... Now I wish I did.. stubborn... ( stay away from any sort of cults.. be your own unique person)...

Edited by crystal sage

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you for this information. And don't try to dumb down anything for me. I have been called a child prodigy. Also give me criticism. Doesn't matter to me. Actually I believe I have no emotions. I never really feel anything. Don't know why but I guess it doesn't matter. Thank you again. And I forgot, I can also manipulate the weather I think. I can feel sleepy and it'll rain. I'll feel energetic (that's not often) and it'll be sunny. Do you have anymore advice for me?

get on tv you are amazing

• 1 year later...

I have had similar experiences. Mainly that is not control but manipulation of the wind. I found out about this a couple weeks ago when it was cold, but I had to walk my brother outside. At one point I started to feel a tingling in my fingertips-I had been able to control this feeling for the past few years-then I noticed the wind seemed to go around my little brother and myself. It was really strange. After a few minutes the feeling disappeared and my little brother started to complain about it being cold so we went inside (him telling me that he was cold was how I knew that I was somehow shielding him as well). Also, I can sometimes make the wind blow in swirls around me, and in this way I can move a couple of leaves without touching them. Just recently, it was raining most of the day. After aiming the tingling at the sky the rain stopped half an hour later. I'm not sure if this is luck or the tingling. Oh, and I can also sometimes know what a person is going to say a second before they say it. Every time this happens the guess is dead on. Someone please tell me what this is.

Edited by Elsquared

Oh, and I can also sometimes know what a person is going to say a second before they say it. Every time this happens the guess is dead on. Someone please tell me what this is.

This is because most people are so dreadfully predictable that it is painful.

To control the wind itself would take a machine of immense proportions. Wind is caused by the movement of air over the earths surface, from high pressure areas to low pressure ones. Without creating an area of intense pressure (from heat) it would be impossible to control the wind.

• Like 1

There are ways to actually test your abilities, or at the very least, to test to see whether or not you have them.

The ones I can give the most advice on concerns Aerokinesis and Electrokinesis (Warning: this is going to be a VERY long post. You have been warned :D ). The first part is to test whether or not you actually have aerokinesis as well as to test how strong it is should you actually possess such a gift. As I have explained in another (admittedly long-winded) post, to test your aerokinesis, you should first look at your local forecast for the week to see what the projected wind speeds are. Once you know that, copy and paste (or use print screen on your computer, or simply take a photograph with your phone or a camera or what have you). Find a way to post that image into what I will call your "log". Now, your "log" is basically the place where you record your testing results and write down what you want to have happen (email works great for this, as it has a time stamp should you want to go back and evaluate and compare the time difference between when you made a certain prediction and when the desired outcome occurred, assuming it does, something I will explain more in detail in a bit).

Anyway, read and record in your "log" (using the previously mentioned photo-capturing methods) what the forecasters say is going to happen. For example, they might say that Wednesday's winds will be xx mph. Once you know what the projected wind speeds are going to be, you can, should you actually possess aerokinesis, try and make the wind speeds be OPPOSITE of what was projected. If they say such and such day will have 10-15 mph winds, try to make it where the winds are as high as 25-35 mph, or you can go in the opposite direction, saying you want the sustained winds to be 5 mph or less. Try doing this for about 3 weeks to a month (the stricter side of me would say try doing it three to six months, evaluating your results from time to time to see how you're doing). The time stamp thing would also come in handy. For instance, if you were to write at 7:56pm Central Standard Time on such and such day that you wanted winds to be 17-25 mph and the local news agency reports that wind speeds clocked in at 18 mph at, say, 8:10pm that evening, even though they were only supposed to be 5 mph, you can say to yourself "Hey, only fourteen minutes after I tried to increase the winds to xx mph, it occurred, and the projected wind speed was only supposed to be 5 mph." You may fail sometimes, and that's okay; even with "mundane", verifiable abilities of the accepted and everyday world, our abilities sometimes let us down or we are just not in the right frame of mind. However, ALL abilities, if we truly have them, will make themselves known soon rather than later, and we will have more successes than failures. In other words if you are truly aerokinetic, your powers WILL show and you WILL be successful with your attempts. If this method doesn't work for you, you can do what I call "leaf-calling" (or if it's late autumn/winter and there are no leaves, "branch-calling"). Basically, you stand in front of a tree with visible leaves (or a just use the branches on a "sleeping" tree during the winter). This would most preferably work either on days where there is little wind or even on windy days when the trees seem to have been motionless for some time. Anyway, standing in front of this tree, try summoning the wind and see how the leaves react? Do they move? Do they move immediately? Does the wind pick up as soon as or almost as soon as you start concentrating. Do you see movement within a very short time span (5-15 seconds, maybe). If you want the leaves to rustle more, does the wind do as you want it to? What is the success/fail ratio? Honestly, with this one, you should try doing it at LEAST 100 times (I am NOT kidding), and it is also a good idea to record in a notebook (preferably using tally marks, as that makes it quicker).

For Electrokinesis, you could do what I like to call "Lighning Catcher". Not NEARLY as arcane or X-Menish as it sounds. During a thunderstorm, either go outside (at your on peril, of course, as you should know the risks of going outside during a lightning storm), or, if you're the less risky sort, go to a nearby window (which still has some risks, because you CAN be struck by lightning through a window). Look at the sky and concentrate on trying to make a lightning bolt appear in the sky. You can either go, "I want a lightning bolt to flash in the sky in 4,3,2,1" or you can try and make a lightning bolt appear in the sky as you stomp your feet or snap your fingers or clap your hands. This may sound weird, and the motions themselves are not supposed to make the lightning form. Rather, you use them to test and see if you can make lightning appear with a simultaneously performed action; successfully "calling" a lightning bolt 10 out of the 12 times that you clap or stomp your feet would be highly indicative that SOMETHING other than chance MIGHT be going on. You could also combine this with trying to make a lightning bolt appear in a certain location in the sky. Preferably, this should be done for months on end.

Why such long testing times? Quite frankly, in order to even properly consider whether or not one possesses any type of psionic abilities, that you're "shocking people" or causing wind to rise with a wave of the hand does not a convincing statement make, either for the self or for the others. One must CONSTANTLY test themselves again and again under various conditions before one can truly make a claim of sorts. Though that is what *I* believe.

There are ways to actually test your abilities, or at the very least, to test to see whether or not you have them.

The ones I can give the most advice on concerns Aerokinesis and Electrokinesis (Warning: this is going to be a VERY long post. You have been warned :D ). The first part is to test whether or not you actually have aerokinesis as well as to test how strong it is should you actually possess such a gift. As I have explained in another (admittedly long-winded) post, to test your aerokinesis, you should first look at your local forecast for the week to see what the projected wind speeds are. Once you know that, copy and paste (or use print screen on your computer, or simply take a photograph with your phone or a camera or what have you). Find a way to post that image into what I will call your "log". Now, your "log" is basically the place where you record your testing results and write down what you want to have happen (email works great for this, as it has a time stamp should you want to go back and evaluate and compare the time difference between when you made a certain prediction and when the desired outcome occurred, assuming it does, something I will explain more in detail in a bit).

Anyway, read and record in your "log" (using the previously mentioned photo-capturing methods) what the forecasters say is going to happen. For example, they might say that Wednesday's winds will be xx mph. Once you know what the projected wind speeds are going to be, you can, should you actually possess aerokinesis, try and make the wind speeds be OPPOSITE of what was projected. If they say such and such day will have 10-15 mph winds, try to make it where the winds are as high as 25-35 mph, or you can go in the opposite direction, saying you want the sustained winds to be 5 mph or less. Try doing this for about 3 weeks to a month (the stricter side of me would say try doing it three to six months, evaluating your results from time to time to see how you're doing). The time stamp thing would also come in handy. For instance, if you were to write at 7:56pm Central Standard Time on such and such day that you wanted winds to be 17-25 mph and the local news agency reports that wind speeds clocked in at 18 mph at, say, 8:10pm that evening, even though they were only supposed to be 5 mph, you can say to yourself "Hey, only fourteen minutes after I tried to increase the winds to xx mph, it occurred, and the projected wind speed was only supposed to be 5 mph." You may fail sometimes, and that's okay; even with "mundane", verifiable abilities of the accepted and everyday world, our abilities sometimes let us down or we are just not in the right frame of mind. However, ALL abilities, if we truly have them, will make themselves known soon rather than later, and we will have more successes than failures. In other words if you are truly aerokinetic, your powers WILL show and you WILL be successful with your attempts. If this method doesn't work for you, you can do what I call "leaf-calling" (or if it's late autumn/winter and there are no leaves, "branch-calling"). Basically, you stand in front of a tree with visible leaves (or a just use the branches on a "sleeping" tree during the winter). This would most preferably work either on days where there is little wind or even on windy days when the trees seem to have been motionless for some time. Anyway, standing in front of this tree, try summoning the wind and see how the leaves react? Do they move? Do they move immediately? Does the wind pick up as soon as or almost as soon as you start concentrating. Do you see movement within a very short time span (5-15 seconds, maybe). If you want the leaves to rustle more, does the wind do as you want it to? What is the success/fail ratio? Honestly, with this one, you should try doing it at LEAST 100 times (I am NOT kidding), and it is also a good idea to record in a notebook (preferably using tally marks, as that makes it quicker).

For Electrokinesis, you could do what I like to call "Lighning Catcher". Not NEARLY as arcane or X-Menish as it sounds. During a thunderstorm, either go outside (at your on peril, of course, as you should know the risks of going outside during a lightning storm), or, if you're the less risky sort, go to a nearby window (which still has some risks, because you CAN be struck by lightning through a window). Look at the sky and concentrate on trying to make a lightning bolt appear in the sky. You can either go, "I want a lightning bolt to flash in the sky in 4,3,2,1" or you can try and make a lightning bolt appear in the sky as you stomp your feet or snap your fingers or clap your hands. This may sound weird, and the motions themselves are not supposed to make the lightning form. Rather, you use them to test and see if you can make lightning appear with a simultaneously performed action; successfully "calling" a lightning bolt 10 out of the 12 times that you clap or stomp your feet would be highly indicative that SOMETHING other than chance MIGHT be going on. You could also combine this with trying to make a lightning bolt appear in a certain location in the sky. Preferably, this should be done for months on end.

Why such long testing times? Quite frankly, in order to even properly consider whether or not one possesses any type of psionic abilities, that you're "shocking people" or causing wind to rise with a wave of the hand does not a convincing statement make, either for the self or for the others. One must CONSTANTLY test themselves again and again under various conditions before one can truly make a claim of sorts. Though that is what *I* believe.

Nyet. I respect your ideas, but your proposed tests will create inacurate results.

Forgive me, but I only read the wind ones, as those are the only ones that concern me at the moment. I will go back and read the ones on electricity later.

Projected wind speeds are often inacurate. I have noticed differences of up to 20mph in my own area. Then again, they are just a general suggestion for a certain viewing area.

Wind speed depends on the distance between high and low pressure areas, temperature, pollution, landscape... So many factors determine a specific areas wind speed.

I have, however, done expiraments similar to the ones you described. I am not quite as much of a skeptic as I would have others believe. But, while my results tended to lean in my favor (with some hilarious outcomes), I tended to look for flaws in my setup instead of claiming I have supernatural powers. I found several.

Humans react to the weather, much like other animals. We subconsciously sense it's approach. Not because of a metaphysical ability, but rather because we produce electric pulses that react with our environment in certain ways. Much like we sense another person entering the room, we will sense weather.

Elevation is a factor. All my life I have lived on hills far above the average elevation of the rest of my town(s). Winds become more fierce at higher elevations.

Also, for one person to control the wind, it would require a great understanding of how the wind works. One would need to know exactly where the high pressure area is and feed more into it somehow. The gusts, however, would still follow their natural flow. To practically apply this would require one to calculate mind-boggling equations in an instant and apply a great amount of energy just as quickly.

Nyet. I respect your ideas, but your proposed tests will create inacurate results.

Forgive me, but I only read the wind ones, as those are the only ones that concern me at the moment. I will go back and read the ones on electricity later.

Projected wind speeds are often inacurate. I have noticed differences of up to 20mph in my own area. Then again, they are just a general suggestion for a certain viewing area.

Firstly, wind speed projections tend to be on the correct side when given by meteorologists. After all, weather predictions have a general accuracy of about 80% during the first 72 hours (though the further down the line you go, the harder it is to calculate correctly, obviously.) However, the question is not whether or not the projected wind speeds of the meteorologist(s) are accurate. The question is whether or not the purported aerokinetic can cause winds to blow at certain, specific speeds.

Whether or not the meteorologist(s) themselves are correct is a moot point. The meteorological predictions for this test are numbers that can help the purported decide how much slower or faster the aerokinetic wants the winds to blow. But even with the "oft" wrong meteorological predictions, it would still work in an aerokinetic's favor; if the meteorologist predicted 23-35 mph winds on such and such day and the aerokinetic wanted it to be 8-12 mph on that same day, with the highest wind speed being 11mph on that day, the point would go to the aerokinetic because there is no way that they (the kinetic) could have gotten numbers like these elsewhere when all the other meteorologists were predicting a gusty wind scenario. Juxtapose the aforementioned accuracy with ten, twenty,or even thirty more successful efforts(more or less consistently), and it gets harder and harder to attribute this to chance, especially if an aerokinetic was trying to increase wind speeds on days where there weren't wind speed predictions (this seems, at least on some weather websites, to be about three days down the line).

Wind speed depends on the distance between high and low pressure areas, temperature, pollution, landscape... So many factors determine a specific areas wind speed.

Yes, many of these things have an effect on wind speeds. Again, that is not the argument. Regardless of what is normally seen as an affecting force on wind speeds, if the aerokinetic says on a Wednesday that they want winds on Saturday to be 69-80 mph and the wind on that day turns out to be 70-77 mph (on a day when the wind was not predicted whatsoever), the point, again, goes to the purported aerokinetic; many of the aforementioned forces affect the wind, but not one of them will determine an exact speed range of the wind (just because there is a difference between the distance between high and low pressure, that in no way guarantees that winds will be 70-77mph)

I have, however, done expiraments similar to the ones you described. I am not quite as much of a skeptic as I would have others believe. But, while my results tended to lean in my favor (with some hilarious outcomes), I tended to look for flaws in my setup instead of claiming I have supernatural powers. I found several.

Where is the flaw? You claim you can control the wind; one of the best ways to test this purported control is to test if you can control test speeds and recording your data. Why?

1) It can provide you with objective data vs. subjective data; saying you looked at a tree branch and made it move via aerokinesis 5 times may be subjective because you may not be including other factors such as if the branches were already moving, the wind speeds for that day, whether or not birds or other animals were moving around the branches and making them move, etc. There is nothing subjective about saying you can make the winds go 25-45 mph on Tuesday, 78-99 mph Wednesday and 56-77 mph on Thursday (despite all the predictions to the contrary) and finding verifiable evidence to back up your success once it is done. Data, when gathered responsibly and with organization, is an objective thing

2) Wind speed is virtually impossible to predict without any knowledge of weather-calculating devices. There is absolutely no way of knowing even what the general speed is going to be like on a given day without meteorological tools, and even then it is not an exact science (though as I said about that 72 hour window, it can get close). This means that claims of it being a trick are harder to make (I am well aware that some people might change their responses after the fact, which it is why it might be good to post your efforts on one of the forums here so they can be recorded by others, making it that much harder to falsify)

Humans react to the weather, much like other animals. We subconsciously sense it's approach. Not because of a metaphysical ability, but rather because we produce electric pulses that react with our environment in certain ways. Much like we sense another person entering the room, we will sense weather.

There is no peer-reviewed evidence that most people can sense someone entering a room. I don't know about electric pulses and their effect on sensing the weather, but even if I were to take that into consideration, it is is absolutely impossible to know specific wind speeds 2 to 3 days down the line; weather itself usually doesn't stay the same that long.

Elevation is a factor. All my life I have lived on hills far above the average elevation of the rest of my town(s). Winds become more fierce at higher elevations.

It really doesn't matter what elevation is at; if you say you can make the wind increase to 60-100 mph for such and such day, and the aerokinetic is right 9 out of 10 times even though the weatherman gave specific speeds, elevation becomes a moot point; the point again goes to the victor.

Also, for one person to control the wind, it would require a great understanding of how the wind works. One would need to know exactly where the high pressure area is and feed more into it somehow. The gusts, however, would still follow their natural flow. To practically apply this would require one to calculate mind-boggling equations in an instant and apply a great amount of energy just as quickly.

There are many skills and talents that require a complicated set of activity to work, but that activity's doer doesn't necessarily need to understand this complicated system. Take me for instance. I can speak and write in English, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese and Spanish, oftentimes jumping between the four at one time. My brain has a complicated way of making sure I don't get mixed up and do what I need to do. Howeve, i myself do not do all this complicated brain-work. I simply open up my mouth or get my pen and pad paper and start communicating. The aerokinetic, I argue, is very similar. They may not need to know all the complications that go with wind creation and manipulation, as long as they possess the psionic aptitude to do the task at hand

Firstly, wind speed projections tend to be on the correct side when given by meteorologists. After all, weather predictions have a general accuracy of about 80% during the first 72 hours (though the further down the line you go, the harder it is to calculate correctly, obviously.) However, the question is not whether or not the projected wind speeds of the meteorologist(s) are accurate. The question is whether or not the purported aerokinetic can cause winds to blow at certain, specific speeds.

Whether or not the meteorologist(s) themselves are correct is a moot point. The meteorological predictions for this test are numbers that can help the purported decide how much slower or faster the aerokinetic wants the winds to blow. But even with the "oft" wrong meteorological predictions, it would still work in an aerokinetic's favor; if the meteorologist predicted 23-35 mph winds on such and such day and the aerokinetic wanted it to be 8-12 mph on that same day, with the highest wind speed being 11mph on that day, the point would go to the aerokinetic because there is no way that they (the kinetic) could have gotten numbers like these elsewhere when all the other meteorologists were predicting a gusty wind scenario. Juxtapose the aforementioned accuracy with ten, twenty,or even thirty more successful efforts(more or less consistently), and it gets harder and harder to attribute this to chance, especially if an aerokinetic was trying to increase wind speeds on days where there weren't wind speed predictions (this seems, at least on some weather websites, to be about three days down the line).

The accuracy of the constant would be the most important thing in a test like this. Without an accurate base reading you would never get good results. You could get a trend, but not a complete and well done batch of results. While a trend may satisfy most, I would not be inclined to deem someone an 'aerokenetic' by observing a trend in a study with an inaccurate control group.

You could modify your test by first finding the average difference in the projected and actual wind speeds in your area and applying that before the ability is tested. We will find a happy medium yet.

Yes, many of these things have an effect on wind speeds. Again, that is not the argument. Regardless of what is normally seen as an affecting force on wind speeds, if the aerokinetic says on a Wednesday that they want winds on Saturday to be 69-80 mph and the wind on that day turns out to be 70-77 mph (on a day when the wind was not predicted whatsoever), the point, again, goes to the purported aerokinetic; many of the aforementioned forces affect the wind, but not one of them will determine an exact speed range of the wind (just because there is a difference between the distance between high and low pressure, that in no way guarantees that winds will be 70-77mph)

It is part of the argument because these things affect wind speed.

I will give the point to the person if they can get a 70mph difference on a regular basis and they can show it. That's a no-brainer. However, that is highly unrealistic and if it occurs on a regular basis, someone, somewhere, would become suspicious.

Where is the flaw? You claim you can control the wind; one of the best ways to test this purported control is to test if you can control test speeds and recording your data. Why?

1) It can provide you with objective data vs. subjective data; saying you looked at a tree branch and made it move via aerokinesis 5 times may be subjective because you may not be including other factors such as if the branches were already moving, the wind speeds for that day, whether or not birds or other animals were moving around the branches and making them move, etc. There is nothing subjective about saying you can make the winds go 25-45 mph on Tuesday, 78-99 mph Wednesday and 56-77 mph on Thursday (despite all the predictions to the contrary) and finding verifiable evidence to back up your success once it is done. Data, when gathered responsibly and with organization, is an objective thing

2) Wind speed is virtually impossible to predict without any knowledge of weather-calculating devices. There is absolutely no way of knowing even what the general speed is going to be like on a given day without meteorological tools, and even then it is not an exact science (though as I said about that 72 hour window, it can get close). This means that claims of it being a trick are harder to make (I am well aware that some people might change their responses after the fact, which it is why it might be good to post your efforts on one of the forums here so they can be recorded by others, making it that much harder to falsify)

The flaw is in the unpredictability of nature.

Your test could (could, not would for sure) work if precautions were taken. Like I said, figuring the difference before hand.

Finding an environment in which this could be tested would be difficult.

Wind is the movement of air and thus a test should be able to be done just about anywhere, right? A test should be able to be performed inside where there would be very little influence from outside forces. If one is truly aerokenetic, they should be able to move air around inside an area isolated from the winds effects.

That would produce the best results, I'd think.

Also, without the proper tools, a test would be pointless. How would one tell the difference in the speeds?

There is no peer-reviewed evidence that most people can sense someone entering a room. I don't know about electric pulses and their effect on sensing the weather, but even if I were to take that into consideration, it is is absolutely impossible to know specific wind speeds 2 to 3 days down the line; weather itself usually doesn't stay the same that long.

You're right there, but that only helps to prove my point. While we can make an educated guess through science, the weather remains largely unpredictable.

It really doesn't matter what elevation is at; if you say you can make the wind increase to 60-100 mph for such and such day, and the aerokinetic is right 9 out of 10 times even though the weatherman gave specific speeds, elevation becomes a moot point; the point again goes to the victor.

Again, I won't argue with such great differences, but I stand the fact that elevation does effect wind speed.

There are many skills and talents that require a complicated set of activity to work, but that activity's doer doesn't necessarily need to understand this complicated system. Take me for instance. I can speak and write in English, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese and Spanish, oftentimes jumping between the four at one time. My brain has a complicated way of making sure I don't get mixed up and do what I need to do. Howeve, i myself do not do all this complicated brain-work. I simply open up my mouth or get my pen and pad paper and start communicating. The aerokinetic, I argue, is very similar. They may not need to know all the complications that go with wind creation and manipulation, as long as they possess the psionic aptitude to do the task at hand

Perhaps, then, this whole argument has been invalid because we both function in very different ways it seems.

I speak a few languages myself, but will slip into another I know better unless I think about what I am going to say first. I've been laughed at for reverting to English in the middle of an intense discussion. It does not come as easily for me.

The accuracy of the constant would be the most important thing in a test like this. Without an accurate base reading you would never get good results. You could get a trend, but not a complete and well done batch of results. While a trend may satisfy most, I would not be inclined to deem someone an 'aerokenetic' by observing a trend in a study with an inaccurate control group.

There really is no problem getting ANY kind of result, good or bad, using this method; if the person his truly aerokinetic, it would show in the results (if their desired wind speeds occurred 13 out of 15 days in spite of the meteorological predictions, or lack thereof, that gives a strong indication that something other than chance is going on). If they had no ability, the winds would more than likely not go near the number the pseudo-aero intended, or at most, they would have "hits" that never ventured outside the realm of chance.

Where is the inaccurate control group? The concept is simple: If you can make the wind increase to, again, specific wind speeds (or even decrease), and if you can reproduce this over and over again, that would at least give rise to the possibility of a connection. Inaccuracy would be very difficult with this method; If 5 days go by with (meteorological) projections of only 10 mph and an alleged aerokinetic tries to increase the winds to specific speeds (say 15-25 mph) and were correct 5 out of 5 times, there is no risk of inaccuracy unless the person as unfathomably horrible math skills. Example:

Day 1= Meteorological Wind Speed Projection: 10-15 mph/Aerokinetic Desire: 23-45 mph/Actual Wind Speed: 30-43 mph

Day 2= Meteorological Wind Speed Projection: 15-25 mph/Aerokinetic Desire: 45-60mph/Actual Wind Speed: 48-57 mph

Day 3= Originally No Projection Made on the Day Aerokinetic made attempts (Too far out into the future for normal and accurate projections)/ Aerokinetic Desire: 10-15 mph/Actual Wind Speed: 10-15 mph

You have three days worth of data to compare. These are cold hard numbers. Again, one of the only ways to have inaccuracy is if you have absolutely no concept of simple math and common sense probability.

You could modify your test by first finding the average difference in the projected and actual wind speeds in your area and applying that before the ability is tested. We will find a happy medium yet.

The test doesn't need to be modified. You will make things harder than they need to be. The concept is simple: If you try increasing (or decreasing) the wind to specific speeds that are opposite of those given by knowledgeable weathermen and/or are focused on days with no wind speeds projected and are right numerous times, then that's all it takes. Even if we were to take into account your difference between projected and actual wind speeds (which, I believe, can be between 5-10 mph in difference under normal circumstance), you simply adjust, as I have said in a previous post regarding the testing of these abilities; If the wind is projected to be 10-15 mph, saying that the winds will actually be 20 mph would probably mean squat diddly, which is why I advocate for an alleged aerokinetic to make winds on both the higher end and with a big gap (preferably 10-15 or 15-20 mph differences) between the their desires and the meteorologically predicted outcome. Why? If winds are projected to be 5-10 mph and you say winds will actually be 15-25 mph, you not only have a sufficient enough gap to evade questioning (if a weatherman is consistently off by 10 to 15 mph, then they may need to go back and study. Either that or get better weather equipment), you also show something significant because, as you may know, the higher the wind speed, the rarer the occurrence in many areas. 15-25 or 25-35 mph winds are VERY rare for the vast majority of American cities. Thus, increasing the winds to 15-25 miles per hour would be sufficient for most cities, and for those with higher than average wind speeds, try increasing them to 25-35 or higher If you live in a place where wind speeds are generally 15-25 mph, simply try increasing them to something like 40-70 mph, or try to consistently decrease them to 5-10 mph. Even if you consider the supposed "difference between projected wind speeds and those that actually occur", it would be extremely difficult to believe that a person who is consistently correct had something flawed going on. But even if you DO take it into consideration, the claim would be a moot point. If you increase or decrease winds to speeds that rarely occur in any given area, it doesn't matter what the difference is between the projected speed and actual speed; making something happen that rarely happens is success in and of itself. Besides, I don't care who you are or what the circumstances are, there comes a point when a person just can't call it mere coincidence when the accuracies are so numerous. At the very least, one has to CONSIDER that something interesting is going on. At the very least, you're a VERY, VERY, VERY good guesser.

It is part of the argument because these things affect wind speed.

I will give the point to the person if they can get a 70mph difference on a regular basis and they can show it. That's a no-brainer. However, that is highly unrealistic and if it occurs on a regular basis, someone, somewhere, would become suspicious.

77 mph was an (admittedly extreme) example. The point is, if someone is constantly right, regardless of what their desires are (be it 25-35 mph or 40-45 mph or 70-80 mph) it usually means something. It would be hard to believe that a person who is successful 25 out of 30 times or 50 out of 57 times, when simply comparing their desired numbers with actual numbers captured wind speedometers, has something flawed going.

The flaw is in the unpredictability of nature.

Your test could (could, not would for sure) work if precautions were taken. Like I said, figuring the difference before hand.

Finding an environment in which this could be tested would be difficult.

Correction. That is not the flaw, that is the advantage; trying to control something that is deemed uncontrollable and being shown you are successful based on the evidence just makes the attempt and the potential success even more significant. The outside world is the best place to test it

Wind is the movement of air and thus a test should be able to be done just about anywhere, right? A test should be able to be performed inside where there would be very little influence from outside forces. If one is truly aerokenetic, they should be able to move air around inside an area isolated from the winds effects.

That is the same as saying that a pyrokinetic should be able to make fire anywhere, including under water, and implies that psionics completely breaks the laws of physics. Psionics generally doesn't break the laws of physics. It bends them in a sense, yes. But it depends on the laws of nature to work; wind may be the movement of air, but the movement of air depends on factors that generally do not exist in a closed environment; how on earth can you conjure wind in an environment where it specifically cannot be created? You cannot create a difference in atmospheric pressure in places where they can't be. You conjure a natural force in its natural place. And that is outside. Going along with my test though, while one could not control air movement from inside a closed space, they could try focusing to control OUTSIDE wind force from an inside space. It's very simple really. Get a skilled parapsychologist (unbiased of course) or someone who would faithfully follow whatever protocols would be necessary (which would simply being getting the winds to increase to a certain amount that differs significantly from the projected speed on a specific day or days). Have them record (and publish) your desired outcomes (let's say we do this for a month's worth of wind speeds, so basically, how many times out of 30 or 31 the "aerokinetic" was right, comparing the actual wind speeds with the wind speeds desired to determine the success (or failure) of the experiment

That would produce the best results, I'd think.

Also, without the proper tools, a test would be pointless. How would one tell the difference in the speeds?

You're right there, but that only helps to prove my point. While we can make an educated guess through science, the weather remains largely unpredictable.

Again, I won't argue with such great differences, but I stand the fact that elevation does effect wind speed.

1) Quite simple. Almost every city in the US has speedometers to check wind speeds. Propose a desired outcome for a desired day. Record it. When that day comes (and passes), check your desired wind speeds against the recorded wind speeds for your area. Voila! Proper tools used.

2) And again, its unpredictability is an advantage to the aerokinetic, as trying to control something deemed unpredictable and showing success in doing so is extremely significant.

3) No one says that elevation doesn't play a key role, but it doesn't matter how high a place is. If winds have been predicted again and again to be a certain speed and the aerokinetic consistently shows results that show a significant deviation from that predicted model, or causes wind speeds that a rare for that area on a consistent basis, that is still significant

Perhaps, then, this whole argument has been invalid because we both function in very different ways it seems.

I speak a few languages myself, but will slip into another I know better unless I think about what I am going to say first. I've been laughed at for reverting to English in the middle of an intense discussion. It does not come as easily for me.

When I translate documents and things (from Japanese and Mandarin into English, I usually can understand most of the characters, words and grammatical structure, though I am thrown for a loop, and even if I know characters, I may get stumped on certain combinations. But while languages come easily to me, that is a moot point. My point was, I don't have to think about the firing of EVERY synapse and the electrical path of EVERY signal in my brain to do this...I simply do it.

Edited by Simatong

Just a real quick reply here and then I will come back up my arguments with more facts in the morning.

I want to share a funny story with you and make you laugh so our argument doesn't get too heated and angry.

I had a friend who believed she was... A lot of things. She even claimed to be a goddess at one point. I humored her, for reasons I will not disclose at this point in time, and told her that I had some powers of my own. Specifically, the ability to control the wind. One day, we took a walk in the woods behind her house to this big rock in a small clearing. I got up on the rock and said "Watch this." I threw my hands up in the air, said a short chant and a perfectly timed gust of wind tore through the clearing and made her stumble. It was bloody awesome.

Also, my personal beliefs may be affecting this discussion somewhat, as are yours, but we will discuss that at length later.

Interesting anecdote. Our feelings about things will always affect a conversation to some extent. Indeed, it is because of those feelings that we take sides on certain issues, just so long as we can convey our feelings with a clear head, which, as far as I can tell, we have. I look forward to your message(s) tomorrow.

I can't sleep, so I'm doing this now.

There really is no problem getting ANY kind of result, good or bad, using this method; if the person his truly aerokinetic, it would show in the results (if their desired wind speeds occurred 13 out of 15 days in spite of the meteorological predictions, or lack thereof, that gives a strong indication that something other than chance is going on). If they had no ability, the winds would more than likely not go near the number the pseudo-aero intended, or at most, they would have "hits" that never ventured outside the realm of chance.

Where is the inaccurate control group? The concept is simple: If you can make the wind increase to, again, specific wind speeds (or even decrease), and if you can reproduce this over and over again, that would at least give rise to the possibility of a connection. Inaccuracy would be very difficult with this method; If 5 days go by with (meteorological) projections of only 10 mph and an alleged aerokinetic tries to increase the winds to specific speeds (say 15-25 mph) and were correct 5 out of 5 times, there is no risk of inaccuracy unless the person as unfathomably horrible math skills. Example:

Day 1= Meteorological Wind Speed Projection: 10-15 mph/Aerokinetic Desire: 23-45 mph/Actual Wind Speed: 30-43 mph

Day 2= Meteorological Wind Speed Projection: 15-25 mph/Aerokinetic Desire: 45-60mph/Actual Wind Speed: 48-57 mph

Day 3= Originally No Projection Made on the Day Aerokinetic made attempts (Too far out into the future for normal and accurate projections)/ Aerokinetic Desire: 10-15 mph/Actual Wind Speed: 10-15 mph

You have three days worth of data to compare. These are cold hard numbers. Again, one of the only ways to have inaccuracy is if you have absolutely no concept of simple math and common sense probability.

Now look, what I am saying is that you would first need to record the wind speed by where you are doing the test and compare it to the predicted and find how much your area differs from the projected.

I say this because some people who are eager to have these powers would see a difference of 10-20mph over a few weeks and suddenly think they have powers then move to a new location and be all "what the heck?!" Because the wind doesn't change for them anymore. But what if the area was affected by something that made gusts harsher?

It produces incomplete data to not be an absolute perfectionist. Also, one should take care to test something thoroughly if someone would think you are crazy if you failed to demonstrate.

The test doesn't need to be modified. You will make things harder than they need to be. The concept is simple: If you try increasing (or decreasing) the wind to specific speeds that are opposite of those given by knowledgeable weathermen and/or are focused on days with no wind speeds projected and are right numerous times, then that's all it takes. Even if we were to take into account your difference between projected and actual wind speeds (which, I believe, can be between 5-10 mph in difference under normal circumstance), you simply adjust, as I have said in a previous post regarding the testing of these abilities; If the wind is projected to be 10-15 mph, saying that the winds will actually be 20 mph would probably mean squat diddly, which is why I advocate for an alleged aerokinetic to make winds on both the higher end and with a big gap (preferably 10-15 or 15-20 mph differences) between the their desires and the meteorologically predicted outcome. Why? If winds are projected to be 5-10 mph and you say winds will actually be 15-25 mph, you not only have a sufficient enough gap to evade questioning (if a weatherman is consistently off by 10 to 15 mph, then they may need to go back and study. Either that or get better weather equipment), you also show something significant because, as you may know, the higher the wind speed, the rarer the occurrence in many areas. 15-25 or 25-35 mph winds are VERY rare for the vast majority of American cities. Thus, increasing the winds to 15-25 miles per hour would be sufficient for most cities, and for those with higher than average wind speeds, try increasing them to 25-35 or higher If you live in a place where wind speeds are generally 15-25 mph, simply try increasing them to something like 40-70 mph, or try to consistently decrease them to 5-10 mph. Even if you consider the supposed "difference between projected wind speeds and those that actually occur", it would be extremely difficult to believe that a person who is consistently correct had something flawed going on. But even if you DO take it into consideration, the claim would be a moot point. If you increase or decrease winds to speeds that rarely occur in any given area, it doesn't matter what the difference is between the projected speed and actual speed; making something happen that rarely happens is success in and of itself. Besides, I don't care who you are or what the circumstances are, there comes a point when a person just can't call it mere coincidence when the accuracies are so numerous. At the very least, one has to CONSIDER that something interesting is going on. At the very least, you're a VERY, VERY, VERY good guesser.

Yes, something strange would be going on, indeed. But now that I think about it (and perhaps because I am tired) a bunch of ideas are popping into my head about how to further test this.

If you could only accept my modifications, I could agree to your test. As one of many.

77 mph was an (admittedly extreme) example. The point is, if someone is constantly right, regardless of what their desires are (be it 25-35 mph or 40-45 mph or 70-80 mph) it usually means something. It would be hard to believe that a person who is successful 25 out of 30 times or 50 out of 57 times, when simply comparing their desired numbers with actual numbers captured wind speedometers, has something flawed going.

Correction. That is not the flaw, that is the advantage; trying to control something that is deemed uncontrollable and being shown you are successful based on the evidence just makes the attempt and the potential success even more significant. The outside world is the best place to test it

This is where our personal beliefs are getting in the way. If I am honest with you, I believe that one can not control the wind, but merely gain its favor.

Nature does what it wants with no regard to technology, but technology can overcome nature on some scale.

That is the same as saying that a pyrokinetic should be able to make fire anywhere, including under water, and implies that psionics completely breaks the laws of physics.

It is not at all the same. Asking someone to move something they have is not at all like asking someone to create something in which the conditions make its existence impossible.

Psionics generally doesn't break the laws of physics. It bends them in a sense, yes. But it depends on the laws of nature to work; wind may be the movement of air, but the movement of air depends on factors that generally do not exist in a closed environment; how on earth can you conjure wind in an environment where it specifically cannot be created? You cannot create a difference in atmospheric pressure in places where they can't be. You conjure a natural force in its natural place. And that is outside.

If you are relying on an outside force to do it for you, you are more asking permission for it instead of controlling it. Wind is the movement of air. There is air indoors.

Going along with my test though, while one could not control air movement from inside a closed space, they could try focusing to control OUTSIDE wind force from an inside space. It's very simple really. Get a skilled parapsychologist (unbiased of course) or someone who would faithfully follow whatever protocols would be necessary (which would simply being getting the winds to increase to a certain amount that differs significantly from the projected speed on a specific day or days). Have them record (and publish) your desired outcomes (let's say we do this for a month's worth of wind speeds, so basically, how many times out of 30 or 31 the "aerokinetic" was right, comparing the actual wind speeds with the wind speeds desired to determine the success (or failure) of the experiment

1) Quite simple. Almost every city in the US has speedometers to check wind speeds. Propose a desired outcome for a desired day. Record it. When that day comes (and passes), check your desired wind speeds against the recorded wind speeds for your area. Voila! Proper tools used.

2) And again, its unpredictability is an advantage to the aerokinetic, as trying to control something deemed unpredictable and showing success in doing so is extremely significant.

3) No one says that elevation doesn't play a key role, but it doesn't matter how high a place is. If winds have been predicted again and again to be a certain speed and the aerokinetic consistently shows results that show a significant deviation from that predicted model, or causes wind speeds that a rare for that area on a consistent basis, that is still significant

Again, with my modifications, your test would be legit.

When I translate documents and things (from Japanese and Mandarin into English, I usually can understand most of the characters, words and grammatical structure, though I am thrown for a loop, and even if I know characters, I may get stumped on certain combinations. But while languages come easily to me, that is a moot point. My point was, I don't have to think about the firing of EVERY synapse and the electrical path of EVERY signal in my brain to do this...I simply do it.

Not every, of course. But most kiddies who think they have powers (like, my friend, for example) do not even have a basic understanding of how the wind works. Most don't even understand that the gusts curve.

Oh my goodness. My post is a wreck and I didn't even provide links. But, I still responded. It'll do until I get some rest.

I can't sleep, so I'm doing this now.

Now look, what I am saying is that you would first need to record the wind speed by where you are doing the test and compare it to the predicted and find how much your area differs from the projected.

I say this because some people who are eager to have these powers would see a difference of 10-20mph over a few weeks and suddenly think they have powers then move to a new location and be all "what the heck?!" Because the wind doesn't change for them anymore. But what if the area was affected by something that made gusts harsher?

So what if it was affected by harsher gusts? If a person is truly endowed with specific abilities then regardless of where they are it will show it by, again, taking the location into consideration and adjusting accordingly.

It produces incomplete data to not be an absolute perfectionist. Also, one should take care to test something thoroughly if someone would think you are crazy if you failed to demonstrate.

1) There's a difference between being a perfectionist and being overly focused on things that just complicate matters. As I have said several times before, it goes like this:Aerokinetic claims made=> Projected wind speeds obtained=> Attempts to adjust said wind speeds=> Examining desired wind speeds with those projected and examining results. That simple.

2) So what if someone thought you were crazy? What we believers in the paranormal have to understand is that we may more than likely NEVER be able to provide evidence that satisfies EVERYONE. Make a video, someone will say it was doctored. Have someone verify the video for authenticity, someone will say that the video verifier was a liar or duped. Record the data instead and someone will ask to actually see it on video (see a potential pattern here?) and/or claim that the data was somehow doctored. The accusation of lunacy will ALWAYS be there, and the best that a psychic/psionicist can do is try and supply evidence to the best of their ability when making claims. However, if someone doubts you after ONE failed attempt, then that person doesn't know much about science, do they? Things should be tested multiple times under multiple circumstances before a pass/fail is given.

Yes, something strange would be going on, indeed. But now that I think about it (and perhaps because I am tired) a bunch of ideas are popping into my head about how to further test this.

If you could only accept my modifications, I could agree to your test. As one of many.

By all means, tell me your ideas

This is where our personal beliefs are getting in the way. If I am honest with you, I believe that one can not control the wind, but merely gain its favor.

Nature does what it wants with no regard to technology, but technology can overcome nature on some scale.

First of all, I don't believe there is any sentience in the wind whatsoever (well, that is a complicated matter for another topic, but for the most part, I don't think it's sentient). Secondly, who mentioned technology? This is simply mind over matter.

It is not at all the same. Asking someone to move something they have is not at all like asking someone to create something in which the conditions make its existence impossible.

You are asking an aerokinetic (who controls the movement of air/wind) to manipulate the air in conditions that do not allow for air to be moved. As I said earlier, the aerokinetic or any other kinetic uses the laws of physics to do their work. The laws of physics clearly state that movement of air requires such changes as a difference in barometric pressure. Such things cannot be accomplished in a closed environment, ergo the aerokinetic cannot manipulate wind inside a closed space (unless the windows were open). It is for this reason that you are specifically asking someone to create something (wind) in conditions that make the creation of said phenomena impossible.

If you are relying on an outside force to do it for you, you are more asking permission for it instead of controlling it. Wind is the movement of air. There is air indoors.

You argument is flawed.

1) An aerokinetic would not be relying on an outside to move the wind for them. It is the wind ITSELF that is being moved, which, by its very definition, is an outside phenomenon. Thus, you are manipulating wind in an environment in which it can be manipulated. 2) There is also another interesting flaw in your argument. Depending on how one looks at it, you are either contradicting yourself or you are saying that aerokinesis does not exist. How so?

2a) If one thinks to look at it from a non-existence angle, you are saying that the wind is giving you permission to control it. This makes no sense, especially when juxtaposing this statement with your previous comments regarding the winds sentience:

I believe that one can not control the wind, but merely gain its favor.

You go on to say that nature does what it wants to. This, with all due respect, seems like flawed logic because if something has a mind of its own and does what it wants to when it wants to, and only grants you its "favor" (which, based on your comments, seems to mean that you ask for it and if it feels like it, it will blow) , then this says that aerokinesis does not exist since ALL telekinesis is SPECIFICALLY meant for control. If this means that the wind is the thing in charge all along, then there really isn't any aerokinesis, and thus there is no need for a test to examine something that can't be controlled.

2b) If you look at it from a contradictory angle, you are saying that there are modifications to test for aerokinetic control, while in the same tone saying that winds control themselves. As stated previously, telekinesis is specifically meant to define activity of the mind that controls something. Asking the wind's permission to manipulate it would seem like control because it would seem like it is you controlling it, but if it were to say "no", you wouldn't be able to manipulate it at all, which means no control. Furthermore, if wind has a mind of its own and just does whatever, whenever, then there is still no control on the aerokinetic's part, meaning you are trying to convince me about modifications for a phenomenon that, based on your earlier statements, does not exist because it can't be controlled, which, as I have already said several times, is the very foundation of a telekinetic act.

Again, with my modifications, your test would be legit.

Again, my test is legit for reasons I already stated.

Not every, of course. But most kiddies who think they have powers (like, my friend, for example) do not even have a basic understanding of how the wind works. Most don't even understand that the gusts curve.

Oh my goodness. My post is a wreck and I didn't even provide links. But, I still responded. It'll do until I get some rest.

A true psychokinetic human being has to understand one thing; they want something to happen and an effect occurs that is in line with what they want to happen, occurring like this a multitude of times. If a person is aerokinetic and has the wind do things based on their desires on a consistent basis, at the end of the day it really doesn't matter HOW it worked, just THAT it worked. (It would only matter if they wanted to delve deeper into things)

Edited by Simatong

• 6 months later...

Is your name "Carrie"? Ha ha, just joking.

Hey, maybe you have Synesthsia. This is from Wikpedia:

Synesthesia (also spelled synæsthesia or synaesthesia, plural synesthesiæ or synæsthesiæ), from the ancient Greek σύν (syn), "together", and αἴσθησις (aisthēsis), "sensation", is a neurological condition in which stimulation of one sensory or cognitive pathway leads to automatic, involuntary experiences in a second sensory or cognitive pathway.[1][2][3][4] People who report such experiences are known as synesthetes.

for the past one month i have an experience of vibration in my left hand. i dont know why it is happening. In the beginning i felt some sort of pain. Now it is ok

Yes, I do my young friend. If you have a gift, it is a gift from God (the god of your understanding) It was freely given to you and should never be used for profit. Nothing given to you by a sacred means will ever hurt you. You don't have to be afraid, just be cautious. I am not a psychic or posess powers that you hold. But I am an empath, not the cartoon kind, I just feel things deeply and people too.

Find other people like you, and follow the ones who give with their whole heart. Never misuse your gifts for pleasure or pain. No matter what. Having a spiritual gift is no light thing, it comes with responsibility and sometimes a heavy heart...

beautifully advised