Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Edgar Mitchell UFO interview on Kerrang Radio

Pestarzt

Even moreso, just going back through this interview with Mitchell... have you actually listened to this?

There is absolutely NOTHING that is definitive in his statements in this interview. All he talks about in this is mainstream UFOlogy. There isn't any big disclosure in what he is saying. He talks about the pictures we've all seen. He talks about the stories we've all heard and read about. He talks about looking it up on the internet.

What exactly is so incredibly informative in this interview regarding purported alien visitation and coverups?

Here, I'll give you a hint...

NOTHING.

Yeah, that's what is incredibly informative in this interview regarding alien visitation and coverups.

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Apologies for the repetitiveness of this post, but really... get a grip people. He isn't saying anything new. He is talking about things that he has been told by other people. He isn't disclosing anything secret or important. He is merely expressing his own personal belief based on things that he has been told by other people.

What is the fascination with this? Why do people try to attribute more to his statements than is there? I just don't get it.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• psyche101

• quillius

• booNyzarC

• skyeagle409

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Question!

Why are you using a flawed report as a reference that has already been proven as false?You will note that it does say the retrieval of a Project Mogul balloon train in the Roswell area in July 1947. Am I correct? If so,then I rest my case the report is false and that McAndrews and others involved in that report were not playing with a full deck..

Question!

Do you ever read a post that you respond to?

If you did, you would see that the report itself is in question, and therefore the only way to honestly answer the query is to reference the actual report!

So I rest my case that any information you might part with is likely to be flawed as reading a simple post is a bit too much for you.

Have a nice day now, wont you.

Perhaps because outside of your little world... it hasn't been proven as false? Just a guess on my part. :unsure2:

Of course there is this too :D

What is the fascination with this? Why do people try to attribute more to his statements than is there? I just don't get it.

He is an Astronaut.

He got to do what most of us would consider parting with an appendage for, so for sure, many have decided he would never take part in a pork pie. :innocent:

Just pinch a camera here and there :P

Perhaps because outside of your little world... it hasn't been proven as false? Just a guess on my part. :unsure2:

It has been proven false because records show that there were no Project Mogul balloon train flight on June 4, 1947. That fact in itself proves the report bogus. You will also notice that it said the Mogul balloon was recovered in July, but the Air Force speaks with a forked-tonque because it also said the Mogul balloon was recovered in June. I caught that flaw in the report early on.

To prove my case that McAndrew is misleading the public, check this out.

When the civilians and personnel from Roswell AAF (Marcel, Cavitt, and Rickett) "stumbled" upon the highly classified project and collected the debris, no one at Roswell had a "need to know" about information concerning MOGUL. This fact, along with the initial misidentification and subsequent rumors that the "capture" of a "flying disc" occurred, ultimately left many people with unanswered questions that have endured to this day.

JAMES McANDREW, 1st Lt, USAFR

Declassification and Review Officer

SAF/AAZD

My link

McAndrew blew it when he said: "highly classified project and collected the debris, no one at Roswell had a "need to know" about information concerning MOGUL" Perhaps, someone should wright to McAndrew and let him know that on June 4, the sky was clouding and because to the weather conditions, that Mogul balloon flight was cancelled due to clouds. All he had to do was to read the Mogul balloon record of A. P. Crary where it says the Mogul balloon flight was cancelled.

I guess no one told McAndrew that Project Mogul balloons were occasionally recovered by ordinary civilians for rewards and that sometimes, Mogul balloons were left alone in open fields. Those facts alone should have told McAndrew that Project Mogul was not a classified project at all beause you don't leave anything related to a classified project alone in open fields as was the case in some instances involving Mogul balloons and in one case, components of a Mogul balloon were vandalized because it was left lying next to a roadway.

Is that any way to treat equipment of a classified project?.Of course not! So the question is,

Why did the Air Force imply that it was necessary to cover-up the recovery of a Mogul balloon train that never was, when such balloons were either abandoned in the field or recovered by civilians for rewards? Read the report and see what it says.

Now, what did Ed Mitchell have to say about that?

Edited by skyeagle409

He is an Astronaut.

He got to do what most of us would consider parting with an appendage for, so for sure, many have decided he would never take part in a pork pie. :innocent:

Just pinch a camera here and there :P

I understand and share the deep respect for his accomplishments. What I don't get is why people deviously and knowingly attribute more to his statements than are actually there. I probably shouldn't let it bother me this much, but perhaps it bothers me because of the deep respect that I have for the man and for all of our astronauts. I just can't stomach the dishonesty of it. It truly p***es me off.

Officials have been saying for years that they have heard extraordinary claims from old timers and that is good enough proof for them?

Really?

Yes, because many of those were senior military officials, and intelligence officials, some working for the CIA and other intelligence services that have confirmed what those so-called "old-timers" have been saying all along.

He is an Astronaut.

Yepper, and he wasn't the only astronaut pointing toward ET visitation.

I don't think that many people fully grasp what Edgar Mitchell is saying. He has said publicly that officials at NASA and other government agencies have had contact with aliens:

"And he says extra-terrestrials have visited Earth on several occasions - but the alien contact has been repeatedly covered up by governments for six decades. Dr Mitchell, 77, said during a radio interview that sources at the space agency who had had contact with aliens described the beings as 'little people who look strange to us.'

He said supposedly real-life ET's were similar to the traditional image of a small frame, large eyes and head. Chillingly, he claimed our technology is "not nearly as sophisticated" as theirs and "had they been hostile", he warned "we would be been gone by now".

Dr Mitchell, along with with Apollo 14 commander Alan Shepard, holds the record for the longest ever moon walk, at nine hours and 17 minutes following their 1971 mission."

Now one can dismiss him as lying, crazy or senile, but I don't believe he is--not at all. I am certain that he is telling the truth about all this, although I have reason to believe that not all the ETs are friendly.

http://www.thelivingmoon.com/47john_lear/02files/Edgar_Mitchell_Disclosure.html

Are you of the understanding that he validates nothing personally, and that he says all his information is not his own, but that of the old timers, and that he believes them, and is brining their story to the world?

Yes, because many of those were senior military officials, and intelligence officials, some working for the CIA and other intelligence services that have confirmed what those so-called "old-timers" have been saying all along.

So what you have stated above is that all these officials have no proof, never seen anything themselves, they believe some hearsay from some anonymous people.

Talk about things that make you go hrrrmmzzzzz

Yepper, and he wasn't the only astronaut pointing toward ET visitation.

So does David Icke.

What about the other Astronauts on Apollo 14? Does Shepard or Roosa share this opinion? They must be just as "in the know".

So what you have stated above is that all these officials have no proof, never seen anything themselves, they believe some hearsay from some anonymous people.

Talk about things that make you go hrrrmmzzzzz

They have proof. After all, the EOTS originated out of Wright-Patterson AFB in 1948. If you remember, the folks at Wright-Patterson AFB have been saying that the Roswell debris was flown there and examined, so is it wonder why former Senator Barry Goldwater was turned down when he wanted to take a look?

I understand and share the deep respect for his accomplishments. What I don't get is why people deviously and knowingly attribute more to his statements than are actually there. I probably shouldn't let it bother me this much, but perhaps it bothers me because of the deep respect that I have for the man and for all of our astronauts. I just can't stomach the dishonesty of it. It truly p***es me off.

Indeed, like how we are brought up to trust a Policeman. Not if you go to Georgia. Even Bigfoot is not safe there.

Here we have a guy that is making extraordinary claims and using his position to push it along. How long before all Astronauts also lose that level of respect because of antics like this, and pinching cameras? It is a position that is public, and I feel ought to be held in higher regard than to be used as a soapbox to vent fantasies, but each to their own. Perosnally, I feel a little "let down" here.

Yes, it bother me too, I respect greatly that Astronauts were clever enough to be picked, but as for going to space, I am insanely jealous of them.

They have proof. After all, the EOTS originated out of Wright-Patterson AFB in 1948. If you remember, the folks at Wright-Patterson AFB have been saying that the Roswell debris was flown there and examined, so is it wonder why former Senator Barry Goldwater was turned down when he wanted to take a look?

And he did take a look, he failed when he tripped up over his own red tape, got the GAO involved, who wrongly claimed papers were destroyed, which we then found out were destroyed according to procedure and tried to blame everyone around him.

Storm in a teacup.

Next.

i saw a comment on youtube along the lines of this; why would somebody with a distinguished record suddenly decide to lie about ufo's and tarnish his legacy? i agree with this, it doesn't make sense to me for mitchell to make up bull.

mitchell is no idiot, in fact he is quite the opposite, he is so smart he has the nickname "brains". i wouldn't question whether mitchell is lying, rather i would question the quality of his sources. could mitchell's sources be pulling his leg...?

I'm not saying there is no such thing as Libel lawsuits in the U.S., there certainly are. What I'm saying is that Freedom of Speech in the U.S. makes it very hard to make a ligitimate case of Libel and win such a case. There is not Libel in the Military code of Justice and even in Civilian courts public officials have to prove the extra burden of intentional "Malice" besides the other burdens that a simple Citizen would also have to prove in such a Lawsuit.

What I'm saying is that Madson has every right to be upset over the Report and to say anything he wants about it, BUT by U.S. standards and Law there is no Libel Suit here.

I do not understand why there is no libel suit here, that is what Madson is claiming is happening. The section of the report that he contributed to he claims is manipulated and paints him in what he perceives to be a negative light. That is pretty much Libel in a nutshell isn't it? The whole report does not have to be about him, it just has to misrepresent his name, which he claims it does. If a Libel suit was a difficult thing to accomplish, he could even go with lesser authority again and go with a false light tort, which would still validate him and his claims.

i saw a comment on youtube along the lines of this; why would somebody with a distinguished record suddenly decide to lie about ufo's and tarnish his legacy? i agree with this, it doesn't make sense to me for mitchell to make up bull.

mitchell is no idiot, in fact he is quite the opposite, he is so smart he has the nickname "brains". i wouldn't question whether mitchell is lying, rather i would question the quality of his sources. could mitchell's sources be pulling his leg...?

Perhaps if you'd followed my line of argument, you'd agree with what I've been saying.

That is a very valid point, and one that is very worthwhile tracking down.

Good call Cassandra. If we could only determine who these "old timers" are, many might be of different opinion, perhaps even on both sides of the fence!

I was also quietly concerned that Ed MItchell is being used in his final years as his faculties shut down, and I mean that in a respectful way of Dr Mitchell, as the circle of life rolls around, things do not work as well as they used to, heck I notice it already, but my father was a very strong and smart man, even if I do say so myself, who was very accomplished, and lived through harsh times you and I will never come close to witnessing, who lost it all in the final years. It was heart wrenching to witness, but a fact of life, and he was not crackpot by any means. I was sitting talking to him in his final 24 hours here, and he seemed to get a lot back for that short time, but reality was a very long way from him for those last years. Worst part, was he knew it too, but still could not help but be terrified of the constant apparitions he witnessed.

Reporters still have to put food on the table, and if that means being a Vulture, well...... ya gotta eat. I hope Mitchell is not the feast.

Edited by psyche101

Yes, Mitchell has said that aliens have contacted us over the past 60 years, and there is nothing new in these comments. He's been saying the same things for a long time and I have no reason to doubt him.

"Aliens have contacted humans several times but governments have hidden the truth for 60 years, the sixth man to walk on the moon has claimed.

Apollo 14 astronaut Dr Edgar Mitchell, said he was aware of many UFO visits to Earth during his career with NASA but each one was covered up.

Dr Mitchell, 77, said during a radio interview that sources at the space agency who had had contact with aliens described the beings as 'little people who look strange to us.'

He said supposedly real-life ET's were similar to the traditional image of a small frame, large eyes and head.

Chillingly, he claimed our technology is 'not nearly as sophisticated' as theirs and "had they been hostile", he warned 'we would be been gone by now'.

Dr Mitchell, along with with Apollo 14 commander Alan Shepard, holds the record for the longest ever moon walk, at nine hours and 17 minutes following their 1971 mission.

'I happen to have been privileged enough to be in on the fact that we've been visited on this planet and the UFO phenomena is real,' Dr Mitchell said.

'It's been well covered up by all our governments for the last 60 years or so, but slowly it's leaked out and some of us have been privileged to have been briefed on some of it"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1037471/Apollo-14-astronaut-claims-aliens-HAVE-contact--covered-60-years.html#ixzz1XF70aG4o

Yes, Mitchell has said that aliens have contacted us over the past 60 years, and there is nothing new in these comments. He's been saying the same things for a long time and I have no reason to doubt him.

"Aliens have contacted humans several times but governments have hidden the truth for 60 years, the sixth man to walk on the moon has claimed.

Apollo 14 astronaut Dr Edgar Mitchell, said he was aware of many UFO visits to Earth during his career with NASA but each one was covered up.

Dr Mitchell, 77, said during a radio interview that sources at the space agency who had had contact with aliens described the beings as 'little people who look strange to us.'

He said supposedly real-life ET's were similar to the traditional image of a small frame, large eyes and head.

Chillingly, he claimed our technology is 'not nearly as sophisticated' as theirs and "had they been hostile", he warned 'we would be been gone by now'.

Dr Mitchell, along with with Apollo 14 commander Alan Shepard, holds the record for the longest ever moon walk, at nine hours and 17 minutes following their 1971 mission.

'I happen to have been privileged enough to be in on the fact that we've been visited on this planet and the UFO phenomena is real,' Dr Mitchell said.

'It's been well covered up by all our governments for the last 60 years or so, but slowly it's leaked out and some of us have been privileged to have been briefed on some of it"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1037471/Apollo-14-astronaut-claims-aliens-HAVE-contact--covered-60-years.html#ixzz1XF70aG4o

So what exactly is the depth of Astronaut Mitchell's experience with ET, how many times do you figure from his comments that he has made first contact himself?

And, from this link, can you identify the show listed in that link here:

If this is Larry King, who gained national prominence during his years as a radio interviewer for the Mutual Broadcasting System, then Edgar Mitchell had this to say as well:

LISA BONNICE: Dr. Mitchell, thank you for joining me today.

EDGAR MITCHELL: It’s a pleasure. Thank you very much.

LB: As we were mentioning before the show started, you really stirred up a hornet’s nest, strangely enough, and like you said, you’ve been saying this for years.

EM: I don’t know what really got things stirred up, perhaps it was the Larry King show. I don’t know.

LB: Could be. But basically people are freaking out that you were aware of several UFO visits.

EM: That’s not quite right. You use that in the plural. I was talking about the Roswell incident, the Roswell visitation primarily, but there have been many others that have been reported that I have no personal awareness of but that was the one that I was really talking about.

LB: So the interview has been a little misquoted. But you actually have information about the Roswell incident?

EM: Yes and my information comes from what I call “the old timers,” because I grew up in the Roswell area and when I went to the moon, some of the old timers from that period, some locals, and others military and intelligence people, who were under rather severe oaths to not reveal any of this and kind of wanted to get their conscience clear and off their chests before they passed on, selected me and said, independently – this wasn’t a group effort – independently that maybe I might be a safe person to tell their story to. And all of them confirmed, and what I’m saying is they confirmed the Roswell incident was a real incident and they in some way had some part in it that they wanted to talk about.

LINK

So by his own admission, Astronaut Mitchell has a few tales about Roswell only from some old timers that remain anonymous that he puts stock in, and expects the rest of the world to do so as well on his say so. That seems the be an accurate assessment yes?

I do not understand why there is no libel suit here, that is what Madson is claiming is happening. The section of the report that he contributed to he claims is manipulated and paints him in what he perceives to be a negative light. That is pretty much Libel in a nutshell isn't it?

That may be a definition of Libel, but Madson has no CASE because there is no such thing as LIBEL in Military Law in the U.S..

Also as I've said before, even IF he could take this to Civil Court (which he can't) it would be almost impossible for him to PROVE a named Defendant published the Report as a "Malice" act to "defame" or "Libel" Madson personally. Madson is a Public official in the eye's of the Courts, he would have to PROVE "Malice" against him personally was the reason to Publish the Report. That clearly isn't the case. He simply doesn't have the grounds to file a legitimate Lawsuit.

So what exactly is the depth of Astronaut Mitchell's experience with ET, how many times do you figure from his comments that he has made first contact himself?

So by his own admission, Astronaut Mitchell has a few tales about Roswell only from some old timers that remain anonymous that he puts stock in, and expects the rest of the world to do so as well on his say so. That seems the be an accurate assessment yes?

Mitchell often makes comments like these: "I've been in military and intelligence circles who know we have been visited" and "I rely upon the testimony of contacts that I have had - old timers - who were involved in official positions in government and intelligence and military over the last 50 years. We cannot say that today's government is really covering it up - I think that most of them don't know what is going on anymore than the public."-- Dr. Ed Mitchell Apollo 14 Astronaut, MSN Interview 10/98.

This sounds like he's talking about more than Roswell but he doesn't provide many details.

http://alieninterview.org/Astronauts_testimony.htm

No, it wouldn't make it true at all. Nor would it make it necessarily more credible unless you contacted the lawyer, verified who he is, and confirmed that he was handling the case.

Might want to look more into the Martian comment he made... or perhaps a background check to see what else might be in there... :ph34r:

The spade is out and I will be digging :ph34r:

And I think people read more into what Ed Mitchell is saying than he is actually saying. All that he has ever said, whether in an interview or anywhere else, is that he believes what he has been told by other people. Nothing more, nothing less.I have the utmost respect for Mitchell. And with that respect comes a deep respect for what he has actually said. And what he has actually said... is that he has been told about these things by other people.So yes, I think that he is telling the truth about that. I have no doubt that he has been told these things by other people.The only thing I question are his sources. Well, that and the people who seem so dead set on attributing more to his statements than is actually there. I just can't stand dishonesty. Wouldn't you agree that dishonesty is a bad thing McGuffin?

With the bolded parts line of reasoning Boon, you have this deep respect for a man you have never met but reason he is telling the truth. On the other hand you are questioning him taking the same stance you are i.e. believing what he is being told..I am sure he has the deep respect you allude to along with personal dealings with these people who have told him things, surely it stands to reason if he believes them, then there is good reason for him doing so...as you say he is no idiot so maybe we should give his judgement a little mmore respect dont you?

In fact, within the first minute of the OP interview he gives us some pretty important details. First, he says that "it has been covered up by our governments for quite a long time." (Note, he does NOT say NASA... notice that part?) Second, he tells the interviewer "well I'm sorry, you haven't been reading the papers recently..."So here we have two very critical pieces of information with which to set the tone.First... according to Mitchell, NASA isn't included in this coverup.Second... what he is talking about has been in the papers. (newspapers...)Just how secret is this secret that he is talking about then? And why didn't he mention NASA?You seem to want to include NASA as part of the coverup and you use Mitchell as part of your evidence. Can you show me where Mitchell has claimed that NASA is part of this mysterious cover up?I distinctly recall an interview he gave at one point where he says emphatically that NASA isn't part of this supposed cover up. If needed, I'll try to track that down. In the mean time, please make an effort to present facts instead of misinformation.Thanks.

by him saying covered up by our governments this doesnt mean he is excluding NASA, it is a logical fallicy surely.

With the newspaper comment, why is it not possible that the internet or newspapers have somewhere said soemthing that is in line with what he has been told....he is not saying everything ever published about ET is true.

and the last part i know you state he said emphatically that 'NASA isnt part of this supposed cover up' he doesnt say 'wasnt'....he clearly thinks the government now know very little, therefore the same thought process can be applied to NASA.

Hey Quillius

Yes indeed, and I believe that he still personally feels that he has not mislead any person, but educated them. I do not know if you have read the reports but they are quite comprehensive, and any interview I have seen with McAndrew's gives me a very strong impression that is is very proud of himself, and that he uncovered MOGUL and offered enough evidence to make it a viable possibility. And I have to give him his dues, he did the hard yards, and came up with a solution. I believed it until I saw aspect falsified by Lost Shaman. I would recommend that you read the report and offer your opinion of it. I have a copy and can email it to you if you like. I have a pdf. version of both, and the GAO report. I applaud his effort. I think people that go around either creating or "finding" yet another witness who cannot resolve anything are not doing anything other than lining their own pockets, and keeping this tale rolling along so they do not have to get a real job.

Was Andrews on a mission? Why yes, of course he was! How such a simple term can be viewed so darkly with the right context! His mission was to compile a report for his superiors at the USAF. The USAF still get enough calls a week from random people asking them to reveal the "truth" about Roswell to have a staff member specifically to deal with these calls, it is a waste of resources, this was supposed to slow that down. That is right, taxpayer dollars are funding people ringing up and asking the same question over and again, the the ETHers are just feeding it. Glad it is not the RAAF, I would be onto the PM myself.

Could you please offer a link, I would like to post the full transcript. It is powerfully obvious from Madson's words that he is very annoyed that McAndrew garnered all the limelight. It is a personal grievance, and another one that made Roswell chug along so certain groups are lapping this up. I have mentioned before that the group from NYU and the people from the military involved with MOGUL hated each other, and this animosity I believe may well have sparked the spaceship at Roswell. In the order of "Ohh, it cannot tell what a balloon looks like huh! Well it was a spaceship!!" If you have a good dig back to the interviews that Kevin Randle had with Charles Moore, you will see where I am going with this.

Hello Psyche, I will ponder your many points raised. thanks. I would very much like to go through that report, prior to responding so I will PM you details. :tu:

The time frame nonsense? Sky used to tell me we needed a time machine to get dummies from 1953 back to 1947. That is how he and I fell out, he started attacking me when I pointed out that this was never deemed to be the case. I was still "on the fence" at the time. The USAF report says that all events that inspired reports of bodies, if any, did not happen in 1947. They say the confusion could only arise through massive trauma, and cited some horrific crashes that happened in the years around the incident. Here is the page from the report that says so. Section C. It is a bogus claim, easily exposed by the reports themselves.

Now Madson knows this, because he not only provided material for the report, he signed his contribution. It was just not as big as he thought it was going to be and he is p***ed that McAndrews received all the accolades for what he deems as his work.

Bodies are a side issue to me, I really do not know why that claim is taken so seriously, when no pre 1978 reference exists, the Aliens were Stanton Friedmans addition to the tale.

I mention the timeframe comments as this is what he said. Having said that I see the points you have made and will have to watch from the sidelines as I do not know enough to debate it...maybe thats best left to you and Sky... :blush:

Is the report incorrect? I think Lost Shaman is right, but can I state that as fact? No. What I can say is that I see nothing nefarious here. What I do see is a genuine effort, with much investigation and good work that explains one possibility. The USAF recommends one reads it and makes their own mind up. I think that is a fair call.

a possibility is not the truth...back to our peg discussion again :) anyhow the USAF recommendation, I agree is a fair call.

I separated that because I was having trouble following it, is this the format you intended? 2 different questions?

1) - Yes there would, and no doubt why it is almost impossible to uncover. Only snippets and clues lead to the bigger picture.

2) - If this refers to McAndrews, I do believe he feels he "found the peg". Wether that be right or wrong remains to be seen, as the third option, Lost Shamans Hypothesis, has yet to make it to the public arena.

Is there a typo in that last line?

Cheers.

So if I am reading this correctly you say yes there would....which means that there was a nefarious angle to the solution does it not?

with regards ot McAndrew, I suppose the key is IF LS's theory is the truth then it would depend on whether McAndrew knew about it.