Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Noises in my Pillow

Cotton

Ok I'm new here not sure if the topic is right for the forum, or if anybody has posted something like this before... But anyways my dilemma is sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night & ill hear noises like a motorcycle running, or helicopter & such. But a few weeks ago Ive been hearing songs, songs I don't even know the lyrics to but I can clearly hear the words. For example: the 1st song I heard was a country song I knew that much, (& I don't even listen to country) then later in the day I was driving my truck scanning through radio stations when it stopped at a country music station that same song was playing so I music id'd it with my phone Turns out it was brooks & dunn brand new man. But the strange thing is I can only hear it when my ear is an the pillow, if I lift my head it stops! Complete silence, I put it down the song continues as if paused. So I'm wondering what could cause something like this??

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cotton

• encouraged

• _Only

• KNash

Top Posters In This Topic

wow. I have no idea what to make of that. Unless you have a metal plate in your head I wonder what the rational explanation could be. :huh:

Nope no metal plate... I forgot to mention whispers like 10-30 ppl all whispering at the same time. I've had a lot of weird experiences in my life, this noise/whisper/song thing definitely not the strangest.

I remember being a little kid and sometimes hearing sounds similar to footsteps when i put my head down on my pillow. Later in life realised it was my pulse, haha. But for your question sorry i cant think of an explanation.

Tinitus can have a wooshing sound to it sometimes, maybe the 'voices' you hear is that, or of course it could be the DEAD COMING TO EAT YOUR SOUL.

U might be on to something Belial... I sometimes find country music tortuous so it could be the dead playing country music in their sick Parade to win my Soul:/ But yes I figured tinitus aswell until the music started....

Hahaha I like that idea!

I live in a house 2 miles outside of town. Well the noises started about the time I saw my first shadow man. But the music started 3 weeks ago.

I actually used to think that little skeletons were marching in my pillow because when I was little I could hear a strange noise with my head on the pillow too. Weird right? Lol.

Never whispers though.

How old is your current pillow? For health reasons they say you should buy a new one every two years and wash it regularly. Companies that manufacture Pillows are required to date the product for consumers so they can replace It before a colony of Dust/pillow Mites colonize your cherished cloud of sleep! yes.gifthumbsup.gif

It's a little over 7 months. I know this because I ordered that Sobakawa cloud pillow or whatever its called:/ around my birthday.

That sounds disgusting! Thx for the info:) I didn't realize that abt pillows.

I shall keep that in mind!:)

This actually gave me an idea for an invention ... if it hasn't been invented already ... a pillow that's pressure sensitive that would play music relatively low so you can listen to songs (which you could of course customize) while you go to sleep.

Actually that has been invented. Saw an infomercial for it. Plays music so lightly that only the person whose head is on the pillow can hear it.

Edited by Jerry Only

This happens to me all of the time, but not everywhere I sleep. I read up on it on a whim years back and I remember it having something to do with beds that have metal springs, radio transmissions, and them traveling through the pillow. I can't remember all of the details, but it's a fairly common and completely explainable phenomena.

Ok I'm new here not sure if the topic is right for the forum, or if anybody has posted something like this before... But anyways my dilemma is sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night & ill hear noises like a motorcycle running, or helicopter & such. But a few weeks ago Ive been hearing songs, songs I don't even know the lyrics to but I can clearly hear the words. For example: the 1st song I heard was a country song I knew that much, (& I don't even listen to country) then later in the day I was driving my truck scanning through radio stations when it stopped at a country music station that same song was playing so I music id'd it with my phone Turns out it was brooks & dunn brand new man. But the strange thing is I can only hear it when my ear is an the pillow, if I lift my head it stops! Complete silence, I put it down the song continues as if paused. So I'm wondering what could cause something like this??

I posted about this subject in the "Dreams and Consciousness" forum under the thread named: the strange place between awake and asleep

An excerpt from what I believe was my first post for "UM" dated 26 July 2009:

I recall one dream [referring to my youth] which I now see as consistent with the reports of shadow people. A tall thin man in silhouette, standing at my bedroom door, wearing a small cowboy hat (similar to a fedora). I found it strange, but accepted different interpretations of it to support my ever evolving belief system.

In my 20s when I was married, I became aware of voices, only heard at that time before falling off to sleep. At first I believed it was our neighbor, but focusing on the voice, I heard a thick southern accent before falling into a deep sleep. I learned this is how it happens regularly and at first felt very uncomfortable about it, thinking I was losing it, I deliberately slept with the TV on, volume up to drown out the whisper level voices.

In later years I experimented to find I sometimes hear music, always instrumental jazz or rock fusion but never a recognizable tune.

I came across much information, covering the many aspects of these hallucinatory phenomena, on the net. my sig has a link to studies primarily on the related subject of sleep paralysis (this covers SP and sleep related hallucinations: Hypnagogic[before sleep] and Hypnopompic[after waking] hallucinations).

I can relate to the experience of hearing things when sleep beckons but have no issues with paralysis, so the link may seem irrelevant, but there is a connection. As you said: "noises like a motorcycle running, or helicopter & such." "Science of SP"

I guess your waking, analytical state of mind kicks in when you lift your head from the pillow to investigate. When you rest your head back down, your mind goes back to what it usually does when in that 'place'.

The music, for me, is actually pleasant to hear and kind of makes it easy to go right to sleep, or tells me I'm in no condition to drive! lol

I remember being a little kid and sometimes hearing sounds similar to footsteps when i put my head down on my pillow. Later in life realised it was my pulse, haha. But for your question sorry i cant think of an explanation.

Me too! xD I always wondered what it was. I just found out myself like a year ago when I finally thought about it. I wish I could hear it again because I think it helped me fall asleep. :P

Edited by Dataslayer

This happens to me all of the time, but not everywhere I sleep. I read up on it on a whim years back and I remember it having something to do with beds that have metal springs, radio transmissions, and them traveling through the pillow. I can't remember all of the details, but it's a fairly common and completely explainable phenomena.

Thanks for your response.

& I do have a bed with metal springs so that must be it!

I was on vacation a week ago & didn't hear nothing, I guess that bed wasn't a boxspring (or whatever)

I posted about this subject in the "Dreams and Consciousness" forum under the thread named: the strange place between awake and asleep

An excerpt from what I believe was my first post for "UM" dated 26 July 2009:

I recall one dream [referring to my youth] which I now see as consistent with the reports of shadow people. A tall thin man in silhouette, standing at my bedroom door, wearing a small cowboy hat (similar to a fedora). I found it strange, but accepted different interpretations of it to support my ever evolving belief system.

In my 20s when I was married, I became aware of voices, only heard at that time before falling off to sleep. At first I believed it was our neighbor, but focusing on the voice, I heard a thick southern accent before falling into a deep sleep. I learned this is how it happens regularly and at first felt very uncomfortable about it, thinking I was losing it, I deliberately slept with the TV on, volume up to drown out the whisper level voices.

In later years I experimented to find I sometimes hear music, always instrumental jazz or rock fusion but never a recognizable tune.

I came across much information, covering the many aspects of these hallucinatory phenomena, on the net. my sig has a link to studies primarily on the related subject of sleep paralysis (this covers SP and sleep related hallucinations: Hypnagogic[before sleep] and Hypnopompic[after waking] hallucinations).

I can relate to the experience of hearing things when sleep beckons but have no issues with paralysis, so the link may seem irrelevant, but there is a connection. As you said: "noises like a motorcycle running, or helicopter & such." "Science of SP"

I guess your waking, analytical state of mind kicks in when you lift your head from the pillow to investigate. When you rest your head back down, your mind goes back to what it usually does when in that 'place'.

The music, for me, is actually pleasant to hear and kind of makes it easy to go right to sleep, or tells me I'm in no condition to drive! lol

I have experienced SP in the pass not for a while now...

One of my SP experience was quite extreme I think anyways, ill put it up once I find the proper forum see what everybody thinks about it.

& since we're talking about shadow ppl... The one I saw that one time didnt have a hat it actually had white hair... It's weird that was the only one that had hair that I could actually see.

That is very weird. I hear the crowded room of whispers... But not in my pillow. Nor do I hear songs. No idea what would cause this. I hope someone finds an answer!!

How old is your current pillow? For health reasons they say you should buy a new one every two years and wash it regularly. Companies that manufacture Pillows are required to date the product for consumers so they can replace It before a colony of Dust/pillow Mites colonize your cherished cloud of sleep! yes.gifthumbsup.gif

Ew. Ok. Now I'm afraid to use my pillow tonight LOL.

All Ive got to say is....I SAW THE LIGHT AND I WAS BAPTIZED BY THE FIRE IN YOUR TOUCH AND THE FLAME IN YOUR EYES, I'M BORN TO LOVE AGAIN I'M A BRAND NEW MAN!!!!!!!!!!! i love that song!