Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S. Postal Service may close entirely

Still Waters

Third, military mail is a JOINT project with the Dept of Defense and the USPS. The USPS is not solely the military mail carrier.

actually they are the primary shipper for mail over here in the war-zones, as many companies that we order things through use the USPS to ship our stuff here.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ninjadude

• susieice

• GnomeWatcher

• Damrod

However...where do you think it's operational budget is generated from?...stamps? Be serious. All...count it...all...revenue used by the federal government for operational cost is from taxes and tariffs...they do not "generate" capital to support themselves...so I'm afraid you are incorrect...tax dollars pay for everything the Government does...I'm pretty sure you know this though...

and you would be wrong

The USPS has not directly received taxpayer-dollars since the early 1980s with the minor exception of subsidies for costs associated with the disabled and overseas voters. Revenue has been in freefall due to declining mail volume.[/url] The postal service has attempted to look to other sources of revenue while cutting costs to reduce its budget deficit
source

actually they are the primary shipper for mail over here in the war-zones, as many companies that we order things through use the USPS to ship our stuff here.

maybe so but

The Department of Defense and the USPS jointly operate a postal system to deliver mail for the military; this is known as the Army Post Office (for Army and Air Force postal facilities) and the Fleet Post Office (for Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard postal facilities).
source

It seems to me that all big and small online businesses use USPS, from Amazon to ebay. The suppression of this service or it's privatization (I like the other word used by Susieice "piratization") would create chaos. Companies such as newegg line the price of delivery into their sold product and therefore can afford to use UPS or Fedex, but as a small business (although I live in France where PO is half private) owner who sells online only, it is a burden to see the price of shipping increase, because it means a decrease of profit.

• 1 month later...

I have been waiting forever for a package to arrive via USPS. If it had been shipped by UPS or Fedex, not expedited, even just at regular rate, it would have been here days ago at least. This happens every time something comes through USPS. Just wanted to share that, thanks :tu: