Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Could NASA Launch a Secret Moon Mission?

Von Bismarck

And theres a little more to detonating an atomic bomb than there is to a munition stockpile accidentally exploding. Whats your point?

Ah, but when the Manhattan Project was being tested, very few even had an inkling about nuclear weapons so the cover story was perfectly believable. The communities were also quite a bit more isolated than they are now. It's not like some dir farmer in NV heard the explosion, pulled out his IPhone, and started Tweeting about it.

Let's also point out that the US Air Force's "top secret" space plane wasn't even able to get into orbit without everyone in the world knowing about and knowing when it returned. We didn't know what it was doing up there, we did know that it was there.

http://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2010-12/air-forces-top-secret-space-plane-orbit-seven-months-coming-home

Edited by Rafterman

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ShadowSot

• TheMcGuffin

• Space Commander Travis

• WoIverine

Peter Levenda also gave a talk about the secret space program, which has in part been concealed by disinformation and fake UFO reports. I have no problem with the idea that some of the "UFOs" are really ours, and that the government has been using these reports to conceal military tests, electronic warfare and creating false targets and decoys on radar, etc, etc. That's been going on for a long time. I don't think it explains all UFO reports, but certainly some of them.

Levenda points out that the FBI even had a secret UFO investigation back in the 1940s called Special Matters X, which employed some interesting characters, and a strange "church" that was connected with the FBI and intelligence agencies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj2qrl6Q2rk

One of the main points of Apollo 18 is that NASA was willing to sacrifice the lives of the astronauts because they were infected with alien bugs. In read life, would the space agency do such a thing?

As Levenda points out, the secret space program existed for at least ten years before NASA and employed many of the Nazi scientists being brought over to the US. Their true records were sanitized to make it appear that they were mere technicians who did not share the Nazi ideology, but that was not true at all. Nor were they necessarily friends of the United States, to put it mildly.

Back during the Cold War, no one was able to tell the truth about all these Nazi connections or what they were really doing. I found out myself when I wrote about how all the Nazi war criminals in Germany were freed in the 1950s and that certainly got suppressed and sidelined. I never had any doubt that the military and intelligence agencies simply didn't want this subject discussed during the Cold War and for the most part it wasn't. We also know these German scientists were very interested in UFOs and possible alien contacts, and that some of them even claimed to have contacted ETs. Their own ideas about space technologies were also highly advanced by the standards of the time.

So Leveneda may well be on to something when he suggests that a parallel space program has always existed in the US, and that it has never really wanted to share resources and information with NASA.

Edited by TheMcGuffin

One of the main points of Apollo 18 is that NASA was willing to sacrifice the lives of the astronauts because they were infected with alien bugs. In read life, would the space agency do such a thing?

Some genius would probably want us to bring them back here for scientific purposes, which would then eventually spiral into zombie chaos or something.

Some genius would probably want us to bring them back here for scientific purposes, which would then eventually spiral into zombie chaos or something.

Holy ****. that's a fine plot.. being a zombie fan...

Holy ****. that's a fine plot.. being a zombie fan...

Wow, yeah...I don't think I've seen a zombie flick with that kind of premise before. :tu:

I agree. I haven't seen the film as yet, but I think I am going to enjoy it...

Well I thought that it'd be a good movie too, and have just finished watching it all online. Amazing what you can find by asking google .... "watch 'whatever' free online"!

Now that said...if I had a choice to watch it again I prolly wouldnt. Not on a pc screen anyway...As a sci fi flick its... ho-hum really, IMO. But that depends what you want in a moon movie I guess.. If I was a teen Id prolly like it... Like most here I will watch pretty much any sci-fi / moon/mars stuff...but its not one Id have in my collection

And I dont want to give the plot away and say too much but if youre hoping to see aliens,or UFOs forget it!!! The 'aliens' were....well... a bit like in the movie 'The Thing'... in fact very very similar to THE THING but not as scary or gruesome. Moon bugs!! Cunningly disguised as rocks.

I didn't like the constantly shaky cam shots like blair witch, or the light always flickering. Youd have thought being a moon movie the directors may have asked the actors to at least look a bit weightless or 'float' a bit, around their lander, but no...so that kind of killed it there and then, but I guess thats not sooo important.

Now it would maybe have been nice, if the aliens were presented as we may think aliens are, or if there was a shot of Alien crafts on a craters edge 'warning us off', like the old internet rumours....but sadly no..

Blair witch style shooting... daft moments like getting the 'already-there-for-some-time-Russian-lander, which had been wrecked a bit... flying again.. (left there as the Russians had kicked the bucket months before)...

But enough said already!

Watch and decide for yourselves!! It wasnt so painfully bad an experience.... but I began watching at 4am UK time, so maybe Im just a bit too tired!!

Edited by septic peg

That'd make a much better plot.

I did see Apollo 18 today. Without giving too much of the story away, the military was in control of the launch, although the three astronauts were never informed of their true mission by the Department of Defense. They found a Russian spacecraft on the moon and a cosmonaut who came to a very bad end, although the military suspected that the Russians had conducted a moon landing in secret, disguised as a satellite launch.

As the story develops, the astronauts are actually forced to use the communication system on the Russian moon lander, and when they contact the Soviets they are immediately transferred to an assistant Secretary of Defense in Washington who's really controlling their mission. Then they realize that the Soviets and the US have some kind of secret deal and the real purpose of their mission is very different from what they imagined.

By then, of course, it's far too late.

I did see Apollo 18 today. Without giving too much of the story away, the military was in control of the launch, although the three astronauts were never informed of their true mission by the Department of Defense. They found a Russian spacecraft on the moon and a cosmonaut who came to a very bad end, although the military suspected that the Russians had conducted a moon landing in secret, disguised as a satellite launch.

As the story develops, the astronauts are actually forced to use the communication system on the Russian moon lander, and when they contact the Soviets they are immediately transferred to an assistant Secretary of Defense in Washington who's really controlling their mission. Then they realize that the Soviets and the US have some kind of secret deal and the real purpose of their mission is very different from what they imagined.

By then, of course, it's far too late.

And yep thats a fair and accurate summary. But how, overall were you feeling after seeing the film? And the blair witch style of filming? I admit to being somewhat, not a whole lot tho...dissapointed with it, tho as said, Id watched it streaming on the pc so may not have 'got the best' from it...

And yep thats a fair and accurate summary. But how, overall were you feeling after seeing the film? And the blair witch style of filming? I admit to being somewhat, not a whole lot tho...dissapointed with it, tho as said, Id watched it streaming on the pc so may not have 'got the best' from it...

I'd have to give it two stars out of four. It had its moments, especially at the end, although I won't give away any of the details. I liked the Cowboys and Aliens film better. I thought the style was designed to give it a gritty, amateur feel, and some people don't like that at all, but I think they were trying to give the illusion that this was 'authentic' astronaut footage from 1974. It looked to me like they had all the details of the Apollo spacecraft just about right, along with the sound effects and the radio communications--the "Houston, we have a problem" dialogue. Indeed they did, especially when they realized Houston wasn't running the show.

I agree with Mike215's comment, leaving the 3 of them up there to die..was very disturbing. Enjoyed the movie as as Sci/fi/conspiracy flick. Cowboys and Aliens I thoroughly enjoyed.

I think the main point of Apollo 18 is to entertain those who like a little horror fantasy, and to make some money.

Unfortunately, it seems to be inspiring some rather illogical and unreasoned discusion.

In real life, the space agency took precautions to isolate lunar crews and test them for any infections or foreign agents they might have in their bodies. After a couple of missions, they had determined that extensive quarantine or examinations were no longer necessary. I think the abandoning astronauts on the Moon thing is just another creative Hollywood device to rivet the audience and make them emotionally overwrought by the film.

In reality, no such thing would've happened, and in reality, no such top secret mission could've been launched without someone noticing.

Yes, the agency took precautions from infections, but I can believe that if the astronauts were infected like they were in this film where the bugs are eating them alive, I really doubt that they would be brought back to earth. Even if the decision was to bring them back to earth, I bet they would keep them in quarantine with armed guards ready to shoot for years. And above their heads would be flame throwers ready to incinerate everybody if the bugs got out of control. The convicts on death row would have a better life then those poor slobs.

Yes, the agency took precautions from infections, but I can believe that if the astronauts were infected like they were in this film where the bugs are eating them alive, I really doubt that they would be brought back to earth.

They probabaly would never have made it back. Being eaten alive tends to interfere with everything, including flying a spacecraft.

Even if the decision was to bring them back to earth, I bet they would keep them in quarantine with armed guards ready to shoot for years.

Shoot bugs?

And above their heads would be flame throwers ready to incinerate everybody if the bugs got out of control. The convicts on death row would have a better life then those poor slobs.

Well, if they're being eaten alive, they're already gonna die. You want to burn them to death too?

God, we're going overboard here, all inspired by some silly movie?!

:rolleyes:

I agree with Mike215's comment, leaving the 3 of them up there to die..was very disturbing. Enjoyed the movie as as Sci/fi/conspiracy flick. Cowboys and Aliens I thoroughly enjoyed.

Oh thanks, spoiler why don't you. :rolleyes:

Who knows, perhaps they already have a moonbasis.

The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence...

It's also not a very firm foundation for speculation.

• 2 weeks later...

There is also speculation that there was even an Apollo 20 mission

Edited by petrafinch

There is also speculation that there was even an Apollo 20 mission

There is also another variety of Apollo related nonsense for the gullible to buy into.

"Apollo 20" would've been the final Apollo mission.

It never happened, as Apollo 18 and 19 never happened either, much to my personal regret.

There was never a Rutledge or Snyder in the American astronaut corps, and Leonov (Alexei), was a little busy when this nonsense was supposed to be happening.

He was Chief of the Cosmonaut Office and training Center, was no longer on flight status, and had made his last flight the year before (ASTP..which is no doubt how his name oddly popped up in this fantasy).

This entire thing about Apollo 20 is a total fabrication...a fake.

It's been thoroughly covered herein someplace...long ago.

There is also another variety of Apollo related nonsense for the gullible to buy into.

"Apollo 20" would've been the final Apollo mission.

It never happened, as Apollo 18 and 19 never happened either, much to my personal regret.

There was never a Rutledge or Snyder in the American astronaut corps, and Leonov (Alexei), was a little busy when this nonsense was supposed to be happening.

He was Chief of the Cosmonaut Office and training Center, was no longer on flight status, and had made his last flight the year before (ASTP..which is no doubt how his name oddly popped up in this fantasy). tranquillity

This entire thing about Apollo 20 is a total fabrication...a fake.

It's been thoroughly covered herein someplace...long ago.

I agree! :tu:

However, if the next group of astronauts set foot on the moon and found a boulevard lined with fast-food restaurants, which specialize in green-cheese, cheeseburgers, to seafood from the "Sea of Tranquility, to Papa-in-the-Moon pizzas, then I might have to reconsider.

I might even consider buying beachfront property along the "Sea of Serenity."

Edited by skyeagle409