Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The women of Afghanistan

LoPar

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Seraphina

• Babs

• Fluffybunny

• LoPar

As opposed to your President, who ran away with his tail between his legs when 9/11 occured? Or who used his father's contacts to get him out of serving in Nam, and then never even turned up for duty?

One of us has their heads in the sand, and it's not me.

There's a difference between cowardice, and being rational. The US has embarked upon expensive, needless, and volatile operations in the middle east; it has created anger, martyrs, and thrown that part of the world into absolute chaos, all the while allowing matters at home to stagnate and rot.

That's not bravery, it's stupidity.

I'm all for making a stand against terrorism...I believe they're scum, and quite frankly should be captured, tortured for any information they have, and killed. But I believe there's a method to doing it, and I don't believe using a broadsword to cut out a tumour because you're too afraid to control yourself is the most effective way to cure a patient.

I give up on you...you are a coward.

254831[/snapback]

Exactly how, is anything Sera or Fluffy has said in any way cowardly? Babs, you are the one who's obsessed with terrorism, seeing an attack around every corner. I think you're the one sticking your head in the sand and refusing to use your own mind and see what's actually going on in the world.

Why don't you quit letting other people choose your opinions for you and then get back to us?

Thanks.

What exactly is a european thinker babs?

We are basically a European country, Babs. We were founded by Europeans, our Constitution is based on the Magna Carta, which is a, wait for it, European document, and I'm willing to bet good money that your ancestors are, golly gee whiz, Europeans. Get over yourself, get off the flag waving bandwagon, and actually take a look around. It'll do you good.

I would hope that babs was not refering to me as a coward. That would be ironic since I was the one in the Army volunteering to go to Iraq 13 years ago, and babs hasn't done anything of the sort to fix the terrorism she sees everywhere.

It's okay Fluff, I think Babs was refering to me tongue.gif

The one who has the courage to state my opinion...the one who has the courage to say something that I chose to believe, that I chose to be what I feel is right, and what I decided for myself, independant of the latest party one liner or Bush speach.

Edited by Seraphina

Now, wasn't this thread actually about how Afghan women are essentially treated like farm animals?

Read the posts, Fluffy, and you will be better informed.

BLAH BLAH BLAH!...I don't know what to say to you Seraphina, except, good luck.

I have read them babs. It doesn't help me understand where in the world you are coming from...

european thinkers..? what? like fighting for peace?? er, fighting to stop global warming??? huh.gif i would trust the europian parliament over bush any day, even if bush was a brad pitt looky-likey laugh.gif

babs, seriously, whats wrong with you?? is it just fear or what?? dontgetit.gif

As I just said to Fluffy in a PM....Babs seems to have bought into whatever the heck Bush and the republican party say to her. The fact that Fluffy and others can go to so much effort to provide her with solid facts about the administration she supports, and she can blindly wave them away (usually by going "blablabla") convinces me she doesn't actually have an opinion of her own tongue.gif

Babs opens her mouth, and propoganda and sound bites come out....that seems to be about the size of it.

I personally think Babs is one very scared, paranoid, insecure and somewhat warped individual. That is what I get from her writing anyway.

Wake up Babs, the world of terrorism did'nt begin on the 9/12.....the day after 9/11.(Just incase you could'nt work it out!).

oh so silly..being frightened that theres a terrorist around every corner is exactly what the government want! yes, we all have to be cautious of the threat, but babs, you're being silly. and lashing out at others isnt helping anyone.

You guys are killing me laugh.gif I got to take a break.

I'm glad we amuse you Babs tongue.gif I wish I could say we found you equally amusing....I think most of us veiw you, and the idea of people like you getting into the voting booth, as somewhat disturbing.

I got to take a break.

254964[/snapback]

and i think you seriouly need one girl.. rolleyes.giflaugh.gifwhistling2.gif

please no hard feelings babs, lets just caaaalm down.....ok original.gif america will be fine, itll pull through anything, the ppl are strong, you might think we're underestimating the terrorists, but you're underestimating the american ppl! they're not stupid!! wink2.gif

Again, how is John Kerry to blame for the treatment of women in Afghanistan? I'm lost, here. wacko.gif

I was reading something today on muslim women in Canada having problems with their 'traditional' law. ph34r.gif

here