Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Poll - Bush ahead of John Kerry by 11 points

DC09

TIME Poll: Among likely voters, 52% would vote for President George Bush, while 41% would vote for John Kerry and 3% would vote for Ralph Nader

New York: For the first time since the Presidential race became a two person contest last spring, there is a clear leader, the latest TIME poll shows. If the 2004 election for President were held today, 52% of likely voters surveyed would vote for President George W. Bush, 41% would vote for Democratic nominee John Kerry, and 3% would vote for Ralph Nader, according to a new TIME poll conducted from Aug. 31 to Sept. 2. Poll results are available on TIME.com and will appear in the upcoming issue of TIME magazine, on newsstands Monday, Sept. 6.

Most important issues: When asked what they consider are the most important issues, 25% of registered voters cited the economy as the top issue, followed by 24% who cited the war on terrorism as the top issue. The situation in Iraq was rated the top issue by 17% of registered voters, moral values issues such as gay marriage and abortion were the top issue for 16% of respondents, and health care was the most important issue for 11% of respondents.

Bush vs. Kerry:

The economy: 47% trust President Bush more to handle the economy, while 45% trust Kerry.

Health care: 48% trust Senator Kerry to handle health care issues, while 42% trust Bush.

Iraq: 53% trust Bush to handle the situation in Iraq, while 41% trust Kerry.

Terrorism: 57% trust Bush to handle the war on terrorism, while 36% trust Kerry.

Understanding the needs of people: 47% said they trust Kerry to understand the needs of people like themselves, while 44% trusted Bush to understand their needs.

Providing strong leadership: 56% said they trust Bush to provide strong leadership in difficult times, while 37% said they trust Kerry to provide leadership in difficult times.

Tax policy: 49% trust Bush to handle tax policy, while 40% trust Kerry.

Commanding the Armed Forces: 54% said they trust Bush to be commander-in-chief of the armed forces, while 39% said they trust Kerry.

Bush on the Issues:

Iraq: Half (50%) of those surveyed approve of the way President Bush is handling the situation in Iraq, while 46% disapprove. In last week’s TIME poll, 48% approved of the way Bush was handling the situation in Iraq and 48% disapproved.

Terrorism: Almost two thirds (59%) said they approve of how President Bush is handling the war on terrorism, while 38% disapprove. Last week’s TIME poll found 55% approved of Bush’s handling of the war on terrorism, while 40% disapproved.

The Economy: Survey respondents were split on the President’s handling of the economy. Almost half (48%) said the approved of Bush’s handling of the economy, while 48% said the disapproved.

Full Article

I know polls don't mean much but I thought it was cool. wink2.gif

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BurnSide

• snuffypuffer

• Fluffybunny

• Angelofmercy

Top Posters In This Topic

Its funny BS that our words are the polar opposite, but that in this thread they mean the exact same thing tongue.gif

one a remark of fear.

the other a sarcastic, remark of fear.

ph34r.gif

Edited by BurnSide

And now a remark of joy: Yay!

It'll only last till' soon after the convention. It's only a poll anyway. A lot of the people who voted in the poll won't vote in the election, and others not in the poll will. Nonetheless, ackerific. The best from both worlds. tongue.gif

Polls mean nothing, they change everytime!

Bush or Kerry?!?!?! Sigh........

now all we need is for Osama to magically be found and yay:)

254356[/snapback]

Lol, that would seal it!

YES YES YES! I told you guys Bush is going to win! tongue.giforiginal.gif Where are all those people that said Kerry will win? Hey, Fluffy, Bush in up in the polls!

Edited by Babs

Babs, you haven't paid attention to the reality of a poll yet, why start now?

You know what is really funny about this...after thinking back on those threads I never once said that Kerry was going to win, or that Bush was going to lose; only that the race was very close and within the margin of error of the poll itself.

Somehow babs was never willing to accept that. regardeless of how many polls I posted saying the reality that the race for president is a close one was something that she was never willing to accept or even acknowledge.

Even now that the gallup polls show that the race is still very close in most states it doesn't seem to matter.

Babs, your zealousness for bush is having a negative effect on your perception of reality...

Edited by Fluffybunny

Well, if he does win, i'll congratulate you all when your all at war, dying of starvation, or even being eaten by zombies. If something bad can happen, Bush will see to it!!

Babs, I get the impression that you're not even old enough to vote. You obviously don't know anything about politics.

Maybe you should do some research? Start by looking up your national debt, and then look at how much the war in Iraq has cost so far, and maybe you'll get a bit of an idea on how Bush is running your country into the ground.

Well, if he does win, i'll congratulate you all when your all at war, dying of starvation, or even being eaten by zombies. If something bad can happen, Bush will see to it!!

254806[/snapback]

republican zombies or democrat zombies? laugh.gif

There is a difference you know...

According to the Rasmussen report it look like 4% as of today...

Saturday September 04, 2004--For the third straight day, the Rasmussen Reports Presidential Tracking Poll shows President George W. Bush with 49% of the vote and Senator John Kerry with 45%. The Tracking Poll is updated daily by noon Eastern.

Before today, neither candidate had held a four-point lead for three consecutive days since Kerry wrapped up the nomination on Super Tuesday. The Tracking Poll is reported on a three-day rolling average basis, so a lead that lasts longer than three days becomes especially significant. Only one-third of the interviews for today's report were completed after the President's speech on Thursday night.

The President continues to enjoy a modest Convention bounce. His Job Approval remain at its highest level since April and voters now view him a bit more favorably than John Kerry. Data provided to Premium Members shows that in the key Battleground States, perceptions of the President improved each day of the Convention.

By way of comparison, Kerry was ahead by 3-points on the morning following his Acceptance Speech in Boston. His lead fell to a single point by the Monday following the Convention, but the Democrat generally remained ahead by 2 or 3 points for a couple of weeks following his party's Convention.

w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.giflaugh.gif

Disinterested...your very name tells me you're young and dumb.

Hey, are those grapes getting sour, Fluffy?

Edited by Babs

GREAT comeback to that Babs. thumbsup.gif Really showed her there that you know what you're taking about.

Burnside...I don't see you burning up the country! grin2.gif

w00t.gif  w00t.gif  w00t.giflaugh.gif 

Disinterested...your very name tells me you're young and dumb.

254883[/snapback]

How is it that you have such a difficult time supporting yourself without coming up with comments like this babs?

Burnside...I don't see you burning up the country!

No, that's because i'm not Bush!

Edited by BurnSide

Babs, have you yet noticed that I have not ever said that Bush was not ahead when he was?

Have you missed the fact that I have never said who was going to win? I think that you have.

The grapes are not sour as I have simply been posting the results of real polls, not imaginary wishful thinking. You have been saying that Bush was ahead across the country when that was a lie, and I posted polls to prove that fact. I simply posted poll to show that bush was not ahead across the country. I just posted a poll that puts bush ahead by 4 points but in your zealous approach to oppose me you have just let that zip right over your head.

Your zealousness has become rather disturbing.