Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Vampire vs Zombies?

Herectic

Vampires are seriously gimped in this show. Vampires would for sure be using guns or explosives. Hand to hand combat versus 63 zombies? ok then.

If everyone on the planet was either a zombie or a vampire. The zombies would eventually starve to death, freeze to death in place's like Russia or Canada or decompose in the sun slowly everywhere else.

The vampires would be able to feed on animals if need be. Would obviously just wait it out.

Also I thought this was deadliest warrior not deadliest warriors. 1 vampire vs 63 zombies?

Vampires are seriously gimped in this show. Vampires would for sure be using guns or explosives. Hand to hand combat versus 63 zombies? ok then.

If everyone on the planet was either a zombie or a vampire. The zombies would eventually starve to death, freeze to death in place's like Russia or Canada or decompose in the sun slowly everywhere else.

The vampires would be able to feed on animals if need be. Would obviously just wait it out.

Also I thought this was deadliest warrior not deadliest warriors. 1 vampire vs 63 zombies?

PMSL :lol:

Where did this come from? You are just spitballin' here?

If so, shall I join in?

So Vampries would grow tired of surviving on animal blood and I can assume they can't feed off of Zombies. This tainted blood would no doubt lead to sickness or death. Vampires would eventually begin to feed on each other.

The strength of a zombie is often underestimated. One Vampire would have to be extremely quick and use guerrilla tactics lest he be gang attacked by a mob of 63 zombies. Plus you have to consider the advantages of water breathing and other 'living dead' advantages.

Result: Vampires kills a couple dozen zombies before it is overcome by the obvious multitudes.

jaysleeps,

he is referring to a tv show called DEADLIEST WARRIOR,they usually pit 2 historic warriors like alexander the great vs napoleon,they done army rangers vs spetsnaz..this time the went with zombie vs vampires..

i didnt see tonight's show yet (im at work but i will fire up the dvr when i get home)..i often find problems with how they score the weapons and tactics before the match but its interesting enough to hold my attention.

No, he's not making it up. There's a show Deadliest Warrior where they take 2 warriors from any generation/area and examine their fighting/weapon styles with a team of experts on both sides, show their weapons and sty;es in action on dummies, deduce how they would fair against each other in a fight, then eventually hold a pretend fight via some computerized statistical doohickey (and of course show a dramatization).

But that's hilarious they did a vampire vs. zombie episode. Usually it's more along the lines of something like Civil War soldier vs. Roman Gladiator.

So who won on the show?

I am very familiar with the show. I have always thought - their grading scale and attempts to judge which of the two warriors would accurately have an advantage and win over the course of numerous simulated battle - was suspect.

The fact that they are now doing Zombies and Vampires confirms it.

I say we keep going with our own analysis of which one would win, since it would no doubt be more expert than the actual show!!! HAHAHA!!! :lol:

But that's hilarious they did a vampire vs. zombie episode. Usually it's more along the lines of something like Civil War soldier vs. Roman Gladiator.

Hate to split hairs, but they never put gunpowder units against pre-gunpowder ones. Only exception was when they put Pirate vs. Knight, but the Pirate's firearm was extremely primitive.

Anyway, I didn't watch the Vampire vs. Zombie, it struck me as far too ridiculous, especially compared to previous episodes covering subjects like Spetsnaz, Waffen SS and SWAT. I like to watch weapons analysed with pseudo-science with the occasional tid bit of history, not two Cinema Nerds bicker over who's undead is better.

Hate to split hairs, but they never put gunpowder units against pre-gunpowder ones.

Yeah ... because that would unrealistic ...

Now, back to the topic at hand: Zombies vs Vampires

:lol:

I watched the show and thought it was one sided for the zombies,but the vampires won. :cat:

But then they'd celebrate with a mass blood feeding of their fallen competitors, and become infected.

Zombies win!

But then they'd celebrate with a mass blood feeding of their fallen competitors, and become infected.

Zombies win!

FTW!!!! :tu:

just one vampire would be enough to fight those zombies. Besides zombies are suppose to be dumb right?

No

No

Wait, so zombies are smart now?

Wait, so zombies are smart now?

Zombies are not real so they could prolly be anything at this point LOL.

Are we talking Night of the Living Dead zombies? Or I am Legend zombies?

vampires. but not just any vampires. they have to be underworld vampires. lol and they have guns and stuff and powers, and are strong and fast, and they will dominate the zombies. haha specially since they die with one shot to the head. :PP haha

VAMPIRES FTW!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Is this the OP?

-What show?

-Surely if zombies took over the planet they feed on the animals too?

Also and more importantly, are you taking your meds?

Is this the OP?

-What show?

-Surely if zombies took over the planet they feed on the animals too?

Also and more importantly, are you taking your meds?

You should read the thread befor you post. He's talking about a real t.v. show that tries to scientificly predict who would win such battles.

You should read the thread befor you post. He's talking about a real t.v. show that tries to scientificly predict who would win such battles.

Meh, the first post seemed so random I didnt see the point. Naturally I read this first post, whats the name of the TV show?

Meh, the first post seemed so random I didnt see the point. Naturally I read this first post, whats the name of the TV show?

You should read the thread

In other news, it's Deadliest Warrior.

well, wouldn't it depend on what kind of vamp vs what kind of zombie? There are so many versions of both in modern lore that either one could win or lose...

I haven't respected that show since they did Japanese mafia against Italian mafia.

They gave baseball bats the advantage over chucks based on the sheer amount of damage they each can do without considering how likely you were to land a full power shot with either. I've actually seen someone attack someone else with a wooden baseball bat. It went like this:

<Swing> Miss

<Swing> Miss

<Swing> Miss

<Guy being attacked grabs a fishing rod off the wall and proceeds to go Jedi>

<8 seconds later, bat wielder is in fetal position yelling for mercy>

Anyway, ignoring annoyances concerning the show's rating system for weaponry, and ignoring the fact that in early myths vampires pretty much WERE zombies, and if you use the current Hollywood versions of zombies and vampires - Something 5 or 6 times as strong as a strong man that can move faster than the eye can track should have no difficulty defeating any number of creatures that are exactly as strong as a human and move at a shuffle (assuming the fight doesn't start in a tiny enclosed space). The only way zombies win this is if they either catch the vampire sleeping (if they're the "comatose until nightfall" type vampire) or pull its shelter out from around it during daytime.

I can't see anyone short of a nunchaku master have an edge over a baseball bat wielder. Nunchakus are very hard to control. You not only have to have a keen mastering of how to swing them, but a keen mastering of knowing how they will react when they hit whatever spot on the opponent. Lot of physics going on there, which is why we don't really see people robbed by a thug wielding nunchakus. Nunchakus better fit for martial arts training because of all the focus needed to use them. Not for your average mafia thug.

Bats on the other hand; longer range, and very hard to miss someone. Just swing forward like a club. They'll mess you up.

Oh, I'm going off topic, aren't I?

Edited by Jerry Only

Yeah I'm going to contradict myself a little here lol BUT 2 things...

1 I have no clue at all what you are talking about

2 This is one of the most awesome things I've ever read.

I can't see anyone short of a nunchaku master have an edge over a baseball bat wielder. Nunchakus are very hard to control. You not only have to have a keen mastering of how to swing them, but a keen mastering of knowing how they will react when they hit whatever spot on the opponent. Lot of physics going on there, which is why we don't really see people robbed by a thug wielding nunchakus. Nunchakus better fit for martial arts training because of all the focus needed to use them. Not for your average mafia thug.

Bats on the other hand; longer range, and very hard to miss someone. Just swing forward like a club. They'll mess you up.

Oh, I'm going off topic, aren't I?

A bat doesn't have more range if you're holding it with both hands (unless it's an extra long softball bat or something). Chucks are lighter and therefore faster. The whole "swing it around and hit yourself in the head" thing is pretty much a Hollywood invention. Don't get me wrong, it's possible, but it just takes minimal handling of the weapon to learn how to avoid it. I've actually seen a guy pull chucks on someone else (he lost his fight too, but his opponent was a bloody mess and only won through guts and stupidity on the chuck wielder's part).

Anyway, my point wasn't that chucks are automatically a better weapon, just that the full body, everything you've got swing they used in the test would be all but impossible to make contact with unless the person you were swinging at was either impaired (drunk or something), unaware (you're behind him), or held.

It's like saying a jump spinning heel kick is more powerful than a right cross, therefore it's the superior technique in a fight. That doesn't factor the fact that you won't land one out of a few hundred attempts at the kick while the punch will land at least one in ten unless you're badly outclassed.

Anyway, back OT. I still say vampires win. Of course, they might be the squishy vampires whose bodies you can shove a blunt object through. I never understood how that worked - a body strong enough to throw a grownup motorcycle across the room or leap a couple of stories straight up would require a skeletal structure many times stronger than a human's to avoid destroying itself. Extra strong skeleton + sternum and rib cage a normal human can shove a chair leg through = WTF.