Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

GOP Rep WHINES about making only $400K

THE MATRIX

Especially When so many people are out of work.

My link

Rep. John Fleming (R-LA) appeared on MSNBC with Chris Jansing this morning to attack President Obama’s new deficit reduction plan, which includes some tax increases on the wealthy. Taking up the typical GOP talking point, Fleming said raising taxes on wealthy “job creators” is a terrible idea that kills jobs because many of these people are small business owners who pay taxes through personal income rates.

Fleming is himself a businesses owner, so Jansing asked, “If you have to pay more in taxes, you would get rid of some of those employees?” Fleming responded by saying that while his businesses made $6.3 million last year, after you “pay 500 employees, you pay rent, you pay equipment, and food,” his profits “a mere fraction of that” — “by the time I feed my family, I have maybe $400,000 left over.”

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Order66

• lightly

• WoIverine

• Aus Der Box Skeptisch

As soon as I have 5 free minutes I will feel sorry for him....

Especially When so many people are out of work.

I know of 500 people who are working. As soon as I find the one responsible, the son-of-a-b**** will pay! :angry:

Hah, only 400k! That's barely enough to live on these days! <_< God forbid he could maybe cut back to 100k, and create 10 more jobs for qualified people who are out of work? Somehow I think it will be the reverse of that if taxes start cutting into his salary of...400k. :angry:

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

Hah, only 400k! That's barely enough to live on these days! <_< God forbid he could maybe cut back to 100k, and create 10 more jobs for qualified people who are out of work? Somehow I think it will be the reverse of that if taxes start cutting into his salary of...400k. :angry:

Or why not just sell off the company, take a job making $100,000/yr and save himself $300,000?

That's right halloween78 you keep saying It till its believable. No matter how moronic it is. Your beliefs are your own.... I wont fault you there.

That's right halloween78 you keep saying It till its believable. No matter how moronic it is. Your beliefs are your own.... I wont fault you there.

Mama says stupid is as stupid doesssssss

I saw this on the Political show the Young Turks what a ****ing ****** ***. That is more money, I make in about a year working as a wheel chair pusher at my IAH airport.

I can live quite comfortably with that kind of money for at the very least 10 years.... but i do understand why he said that.

It's all about what u are used to earning and the lifestyle u can have with what u make.

If u have a comfy job for a long time making for example $500.000 year and then suddenly because of changes in taxes or whatnot u get $400.000 that's a huge difference, that's 20%

Everybody would complain if they had to deal with a pay-cut that big and the changes in lifestyle that may bring no matter how much u make.

But yeah, not a very smart thing to say on TV :)

I just heard his quote in entirety, it is not just to feed his family, that is money he uses to invest back in the business if necessary. He has a bunch of UPS and Subway stores, if he needs to buy new equipment or do work on his properties or move location that comes out of the $400,000 also. Thanks OP et al for taking out of context. I've highlighted in red where it's quoted in the article:

“a mere fraction of that”“by the time I feed my family, I have maybe $400,000 left over.”

Edited by Halloween78

I just heard his quote in entirety, it is not just to feed his family, that is money he uses to invest back in the business if necessary. He has a bunch of UPS and Subway stores, if he needs to buy new equipment or do work on his properties or move location that comes out of the $400,000 also. Thanks OP et al for taking out of context. I've highlighted in red where it's quoted in the article:

“a mere fraction of that”“by the time I feed my family, I have maybe $400,000 left over.”

According to Fleming.. The $400,000 is LEFT OVER after ALL expenses .. Including feeding his family.. so in other words .. after ALL expenses, including personal living expenses?

Fleming responded by saying that while his businesses made $6.3 million last year, after you “pay 500 employees, you pay rent, you pay equipment, and food,” his profits “a mere fraction of that” — by the time I feed my family, I have maybe $400,000 left over.

He has "maybe" $400,000 left over (PROFIT) from his business ventures , Plus , how much for his part time job as a CONGRESSMAN in Louisiana?

According to Fleming.. The $400,000 is LEFT OVER after ALL expenses .. Including feeding his family.. so in other words .. after ALL expenses, including personal living expenses?

Fleming responded by saying that while his businesses made $6.3 million last year, after you “pay 500 employees, you pay rent, you pay equipment, and food,” his profits “a mere fraction of that” — by the time I feed my family, I have maybe $400,000 left over.

He has "maybe" $400,000 left over (PROFIT) from his business ventures , Plus , how much for his part time job as a CONGRESSMAN in Louisiana?

And you're telling me $400,000 isn't enough to pay the rent on his one bedroom apartment or make a payment on his Ford Taurus?

And you're telling me $400,000 isn't enough to pay the rent on his one bedroom apartment or make a payment on his Ford Taurus?

No, i'm not telling you that. I'm trying to clarify to you how much money he had LEFT OVER from his businesses.. AFTER all business expenses , including taxes, and after feeding, and i assume otherwise caring for his family. I doubt that he and his family rent a one room apartment ? .. or make payments on a ford Taurus ?

Edited by lightly