Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Photo of a pair of legs

Regency

I'm of the opinion that if a ghost were to be photographed, that it would look human, not necessarily solid, but that it would look like a person. Many of the ghost photos we see are of strange anomalies that might appear to have facial features, but actually doesn't look like a real face.

Just reading the post about the dog with no legs, I came across this picture from a man's blog, it was taken of his friend in Prague and in the background of the photo are a pair of legs, with seemingly no body attached, they look just like human legs and feet, but no torso, it also seems to be casting a shadow. It's a strange photo, we often come across photos of body parts, why would a spirit's legs just materialise or head or hands? Any thoughts?

http://www.shanemcdonald.org/photo-picture_72-All_Legs_no_Body-Prague_Czech_Republic.html

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Regency

• _Only

• JR.Fury

• Keosen

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty freaky, I'm sure their's all manner of reasonable explanations but it's nice to come across stuff like this that can leave you 'stumped' every now and again.

I at first wanted to say it was somehow a shadow of that person to the left in pink behind the fence, until seeing that "shadow" had a shadow. Hey, wait a second here! :lol:

well i don't know if it's a ghost or not but the upper body is probably not visible due to the change in brightness

Arguably, as the foot is solid and not blurry, it's a photo of someone walking in the background. I'll be stuffed if I know why they're just legs though.

Are you near a pub? Because they could belong to someone who is getting blotted there.

To be honest it looks more like a full body to me as opposed to just the legs.

Considering perspective and the guy on the stairs being in front of it they'd be some huge legs, I'm pretty sure it's a full body.

Maybe that's just me. And yes could easily just be long exposure of maybe just a low quality camera and somebody running.

I think it's just someone walking past, leaning forward slightly, and the top half is just washed out in the light. Obviously the photo was taken on a long exposure, so someone going past'd be bound to be blurred. They say there was no one else around, but you wouldn't take any notice of someone just Walking past if you were concentrating on taking a Photo, would you.

Yep, as said above: slow shutter speed + movement = motion blur.

Most cameras allow the user to choose exposure time. Even those that don't or are set in automatic mode will still slow the shutter speed when shooting at night to let in more light.

I have a photo in which my wife is fully transparent and the background of the tavern including 4 people sitting to the table behind her is fully visible.

It's called shutter speed marvel.

I understand the point of want to discuss a really interesting photo of something unexplained but this one is obvious what it is, what's the point of posting it i don't get it, anyways.

Edited by Keosen

It's similar to a stary I read in my book "Haunted Britain" which tells you the history and the hauntings of various castles, stately homes, pubs and other buildings and places throughout the country.

One night, in Towneley Hall in Burnley I think (I can't remember the location but I think it was somewhere in northern England, either Burnley or Bradford, I think) that a security guard was doing his rounds. He shone his torch through a doorway which led into a corridor. It was pitch black. As he shone it along the lower part of the wall he suddenly saw a pair of legs wearing, I think, breeches, up against the wall. He jumped back in shock. When he shone his torch there again there was nothing unusual there. Very creepy.

Edited by Blackwhite

I have a photo in which my wife is fully transparent and the background of the tavern including 4 people sitting to the table behind her is fully visible.

I understand the point of want to discuss a really interesting photo of something unexplained but this one is obvious what it is, what's the point of posting it i don't get it, anyways.

To that end, what's the point in posting a reply? I don't get it, anyways.

You assume what is obvious to you is obvious to all of mankind. Most of us figured it wasn't paranormal, but weren't sure exactly how it happened. Now we have gotten an idea. Productive? Don't have to be so negative all the time.

I don't think subtle bodies can be photographed. If they can, they are projections of the spirits mind. Just as people that bleieve in the fakes or accidents it's a projection of their mind. Any number of things can be happening if spirits can indeed be photographed.

Edited by Seeker79

Don't have to be so negative all the time.

Yeah i know that, you are right but i have low tolerance in bs, i'm trying my best not to be blunt but most of the times i fail on succeeding.

I just want people to understand the "ghost in photo" went over the top

and should be stopped sometime.

It started as a joke during the 19th century and nowdays everyone believe that dead are walking into our world

and caring enough to show themselves in random pictures because they...well...just want to...

Every single "ghost photo" ever published it's falling into four categories

1) Camera defect

2) Light tricks

3) Hoax/Manipulations

4) Pareidolia

The fact that some of them are strange enough so they can't be categorized on the above categories immediately does not making them genuine.

Every single ghost photo is either "light", "fake", "pareidolia" or "yet to be proved fake" get over it.

If you don't believe me or whoever saying that just get your self a freaking camera and try different lighting backgrounds, shutter speeds etc you will get a thousand of "ghosts"

I don't have to be so negative but "you" don't have to be so positive all the time either.

Edited by Keosen

I don't have to be so negative but "you" don't have to be so positive all the time either.

That's the first time anyone has said that on here to me in the context you implied. :lol:

To clear up your slight confusion, I agree with what you say above. The negativity I was referring to was your abrasive approach to others on these matters. As a skeptic, you should enjoy figuring out what makes things happen and discussing them, right?

That's the first time anyone has said that on here to me in the context you implied. :lol:

To clear up your slight confusion, I agree with what you say above. The negativity I was referring to was your abrasive approach to others on these matters. As a skeptic, you should enjoy figuring out what makes things happen and discussing them, right?

Yeah you're right Jerry. But if it tires him and he has it all figured out, why come here in the first place? What's the point of coming to this particular site, subject matter. I don't get it. I don't believe that those legs belong to a ghost, but they look like a ghostly pair of legs though and, to me, I want to know how that occurred.

Keosen,

It's not what you have to say, you do make good, valid points. But it's how you put it across which definitely matters very much. I'm sorry but there is no excusing anyone ever being anything other than just civil. And if being blunt, for you, is taking you over that line, then it's something that needs to be reeled in.

Making statement like "what is the point" and blah blah is negative. Or, could be construed as trollish. Note, I am not saying you are being trollish. But could be construed that way which will get peoples backs up, naturally.

Going down the route of "what is the point" and becoming frustrated with picture threads is not only killjoy for the others wanting to discuss, it really signifies more so as to what you are doing here.

If it's not your cup of tea, why subject yourself to it ? Ignore the threads that contain pointless discussion to you, it's what most people do, myself included. The fact is you may feel your opinion is how everyone should see things and 'we all' do that to an extent, but really come on, posting on a forum board is more about exchanging ideas in an environment where we 'know' not everyone thinks the same way, but still want to cultivate ourselfs a bit. What i don't want to see here is this becoming a chronic pattern where every single thread of this nature is met by these kind of responses from you.

Ok so moving on and back to the topic :tu: