Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is This the End of Men ?

Persia

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WoIverine

• Lilly

• bLu3 de 3n3rgy

• _Only

Well they have until September 23 when the satellite falls back to Earth, then we will all achieve equality in the zombie apocalypse. [source] Only two days, but it's better than nothing :hmm:

Bah...just another steered bit of propaganda to create waves of discord and separation...who cares and why? If the ladies want the stress that goes with being the leader or breadwinner...I say "go for it" and that is not being mean or callous. Why not give them a fair chance? Everything is perception...the grass is not always greener...the glass is half full or half empty...sometimes we want things for unknown reasons and when we get them...it's anti-climactic and we wonder WTH we were thinking...

The sad part is when "societal views and values" makes someone feel greater or lesser than another because of gender... or anything else for that matter...that is not the "nature" of the universe.

Everyone has equal value and everyone has a role to play...remember...beyond all the trappings of wealth, social standing, gender and sexuality...we are one. To devalue another for any reason is to belittle your own self.

But that's just my opinion.

It's because our hormones are jacked! Things we eat and drink are radically altering men in general. Especially men younger than 30. Look at them, they're mostly girly metro types. You rarely see a masculine jock type real man anymore with a killer instinct. The fight has been taken from them all.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

It's because our hormones are jacked! Things we eat and drink are radically altering men in general. Especially men younger than 30. Look at them, they're mostly girly metro types. You rarely see a masculine jock type real man anymore with a killer instinct. The fight has been taken from them all.

i agree the younger men are becoming more girly and sensitive. I'm not a sexist but man is a man and that's that.

But the reality is when the times get ruff ( let say war or else) the men will always take control and the women's are hiding in the shelters ( most of them )

Say what? Younger men are becoming more feminine...someone should tell that to my 22 year old son. On second thought, better not, the result would not be 'pleasant' (to say the least). As for women being cowards, courage takes forms other than fighting. :yes:

Say what? Younger men are becoming more feminine...someone should tell that to my 22 year old son. On second thought, better not, the result would not be 'pleasant' (to say the least). As for women being cowards, courage takes forms other than fighting. :yes:

Does your son watch Jersey Shore, Dancing With the Stars, or shop at designer mall stores/outlets for his clothes? If so, he's metro. A real man is an outdoorsman type, rugged, strong, not afraid to get his hands dirty, or bloody, might even like it too. A guy who can work on cars, and fix generally everything, kills bugs, grill food, and is not typically afraid of anything.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

I would say that men have taken the world as far as they can.

Time to let women dominate. Could things really turn out any worse? :P

Bah...just another steered bit of propaganda to create waves of discord and separation...who cares and why? If the ladies want the stress that goes with being the leader or breadwinner...I say "go for it" and that is not being mean or callous. Why not give them a fair chance? Everything is perception...the grass is not always greener...the glass is half full or half empty...sometimes we want things for unknown reasons and when we get them...it's anti-climactic and we wonder WTH we were thinking...

The sad part is when "societal views and values" makes someone feel greater or lesser than another because of gender... or anything else for that matter...that is not the "nature" of the universe.

Everyone has equal value and everyone has a role to play...remember...beyond all the trappings of wealth, social standing, gender and sexuality...we are one. To devalue another for any reason is to belittle your own self.

But that's just my opinion.

Well said, I agree.

Does your son watch Jersey Shore, Dancing With the Stars, or shop at designer mall stores/outlets for his clothes? If so, he's metro. A real man is an outdoorsman type, rugged, strong, not afraid to get his hands dirty, or bloody, might even like it too. A guy who can work on cars, and fix generally everything, kills bugs, grill food, and is not typically afraid of anything.

What "a real man is" is completely subjective. If a guy has no interest in cars or grilling but he's say an English teacher instead, he's not a real man?

Well said, I agree.

What "a real man is" is completely subjective. If a guy has no interest in cars or grilling but he's say an English teacher instead, he's not a real man?

Sure he's a real man, just not as manly as others. lol

My son is apx. 6' 3" 260 lbs. He doesn't do any of those metro things. He's a 2nd degree black belt in American Kempo, a business major, and works demolition. He fears very little (ie, you'd better be heavily armed if you want to mess with him). Oh, and his hands do look rather grubby (probably from the demo work). :)

My son is apx. 6' 3" 260 lbs. He doesn't do any of those metro things. He's a 2nd degree black belt in American Kempo, a business major, and works demolition. He fears very little (ie, you'd better be heavily armed if you want to mess with him). Oh, and his hands do look rather grubby (probably from the demo work). :)

Right on! Now that's what I'm talking about. Things like that! :tu:

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

LOL, why am I sensing childhood spankage trauma? :lol:

Nope, never laid a hand on either of my kids.

(the force is stronger than the switch)

Ok, to be completely fair...I might have swatted their diapered bottoms when they were at a pre-verbal stage due to reaching for a hot stove. But, I never spanked them as kids.

Edited by Lilly
admission

Nope, never laid a hand on either of my kids.

(the force is stronger than the switch)

Ok, to be completely fair...I might have swatted their diapered bottoms when they were at a pre-verbal stage due to reaching for a hot stove. But, I never spanked them as kids.

I figured, was teasing. :P

Ehh. I've noticed this for a while. And, the girls like these "metro" guys. :rolleyes: Luckily, I have a real man. :rofl:

because girls like that kind of guys and the guys are noticing and starting slowly to adapt. They will become girls with something extra down there :rofl:

I don't have noting against for men to be in touch with his feeling. But a real men takes care of his women when life gets ugly, he is there to insure her that everything will be fine and she will fell secure with him. ...the metro guy ( i really don't know how you call them now days) will start crying and helples when stuff get ugly and how can a women fell secure with that guy.

the metro guy ( i really don't know how you call them now days) will start crying and helples when stuff get ugly and how can a women fell secure with that guy.

Well i don't know where you come from...but not all women are like that. It is quite an outdated thought that 'feminine' equals 'weak' and only a man who is macho can make her feel secure. Utter rubbish.

Well i don't know where you come from...but not all women are like that. It is quite an outdated thought that 'feminine' equals 'weak' and only a man who is macho can make her feel secure. Utter rubbish.

Feminine doesn't equal weak in women, in men however, it does.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

Perhaps they need mentos, to give them that real killer instinct?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ2Kw98BtEg

I do not think it's about 'metro' men, as much as it's about "nerds & geeks"!

Intelligence is a much more attractive trait than brawn; the brain being far more important than muscles, at least in my opinion. I do not see why it is assumed that non-macho men are 'weaklings', crying in a corner when the going gets tough. It takes creativity and intelligence to find solutions, rather than the ability to chop down another man or lift weight (a fork lift can do that). I think the definition of attractive traits and gender expectations change and adapt to a changing society.

Last time I heard the Mentos song, I got it stuck in my head so badly, that I tried to use a power drill to get it out. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

There are some pretty warped views in here. What's a real man? A real man was born with a penis. That is a real man. Nothing else matters.

The reason why men aren't "strong" like some of you are saying is simple. There is no need now. Brain over brawn. Technology can do all the hard work for us, we just need to keep advancing the technology now. I will also say that people who call others "weak" are usually the weak ones. They're so weak mentally that they must rip other people who have not wronged them.