Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Schoolboy with three-inch ponytail sparks row

Still Waters

Connor added: 'I've only been in school four days. I like my hair the way it is and don't want to have it cut.

From the original story which Can be found by following the link in the OP.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aus Der Box Skeptisch

• Blackwhite

• The Silver Thong

• aquatus1

Connor added: 'I've only been in school four days. I like my hair the way it is and don't want to have it cut.

From the original story which Can be found by following the link in the OP.

From the original story

``'We ask for the support of all parents and carers in supporting our high standards and ensuring the uniform code is followed by every student.``

A human rights violation my ass. Get a grip on reality is all I can say.

They should have addressed it one the first day...

Edited by The Silver Thong

The entire reason for school uniforms and dress code is not to have students singled out. Maybe you have missed the point of what a dress code is. Who cares what the kid or the father want, that is not the point at all is it... It`s a dress code that the father and son sighned up for. Maybe when the kid is older and want`s to be in the military lol they will take the dress code to court then as well LOL

The father signed him up first of all. And the kid does not want it cut.the kid didn't agree to the change. Honestly I cannot see a problem. The rule clearly states if the hair touches the collar. And in a pony tail it isn't physically touching... loophole found. The school did not specify actual length of hair. The boys rights are now infringed. Ha LOL

What say you now?

The boys rights are now infringed.

So he's had that haircut since he was a toddler. The parents didn't give him much of a choice then did they? I doubt he requested to make a fashion statement at two years old.

The boys rights are now infringed.

So he's had that haircut since he was a toddler. The parents didn't give him much of a choice then did they? I doubt he requested to make a fashion statement at two years old.

Nope. You forget the boy does like it and wants to keep it. And since now is being questioned you must take the boys word as of now. You have missed the point and based the decision on your own personal feelings. Non starter. Next

Hey I could be wrong and I am not above admitting that. I base my decision on circumstances. I do not feel it is sexist as was commented on earlier and I agree with the comment made to that effect. But looking at the case at hand the school should be more specific in the future.

Nope. You forget the boy does like it and wants to keep it. And since now is being questioned you must take the boys word as of now. You have missed the point and based the decision on your own personal feelings. Non starter. Next

Huh??? What personal feelings? My husband has had hair down to his waist.

I do believe that when a person signs a contract they should have to live up to it though. And that is what the parents did when they signed the boy up for that school. They agreed to the dress code.

It still doesn't change the fact that when he was two years old he didn't have any say over the matter.

So if the father decided to dye the kids hair pink from when he was just a wee one and the kid liked it, dress codes go out the window and what a kid whant`s it gets. Get of the pot and join reality. The father is the one looking to make a buck off this and knowing the legal system there that dad will win some settlment. Time to tell these goofs to p*** off.

Whether he had a say or not is a non starter. He likes it now and wants to keep it.

He didn't choose the school the parents did. The kid likes his hair and the father is not going to make him change it. If the school is so good the parent wants to do whatever it takes to keep him there without infringing on his child's rights then I say do whatever it takes within the set guidelines to make that happen. If its a loophole that keeps him there then the student has taught the teachers. If the teachers wish to close that loophole next school year then I support that 100%! Working within the guidelines is a must in America.

Look at tax loopholes. I'm not mad at the rich because they have better chances at paying less taxes.they are following the rules. I will fight for those loopholes to be abolished though because I strongly feel everyone should pay an equal rate. This is not black and white. Nothing is. You cannot approach every situation with this mentality. It bares no logic only emotion.

Whether he had a say or not is a non starter. He likes it now and wants to keep it.

He didn't choose the school the parents did. The kid likes his hair and the father is not going to make him change it. If the school is so good the parent wants to do whatever it takes to keep him there without infringing on his child's rights then I say do whatever it takes within the set guidelines to make that happen. If its a loophole that keeps him there then the student has taught the teachers. If the teachers wish to close that loophole next school year then I support that 100%! Working within the guidelines is a must in America.

Look at tax loopholes. I'm not mad at the rich because they have better chances at paying less taxes.they are following the rules. I will fight for those loopholes to be abolished though because I strongly feel everyone should pay an equal rate. This is not black and white. Nothing is. You cannot approach every situation with this mentality. It bares no logic only emotion.

The child does not have the right to violate every other student that conforms to the dress code and the father is an idiot, to think his kid alone has that right again I say, p*** off.. The only lesson he is doing this is to get that idiots of all sorts there 3 seconds of fame. Even if that puts a frame around there face with a caption of. I`m a goof and so will be my son, so damn you all.

Next time a kid has to go to the dentist or the doctor and the kid protests you better step up and say the kid had a right to not go.

Edited by The Silver Thong

So if the father decided to dye the kids hair pink from when he was just a wee one and the kid liked it, dress codes go out the window and what a kid whant`s it gets. Get of the pot and join reality. The father is the one looking to make a buck off this and knowing the legal system there that dad will win some settlment. Time to tell these goofs to p*** off.

First off never assume I take drugs and state your misguided words on a public forum that is approaching slander.

Next if the rules say specifically thaay unnatural hair color is prohibited then I agree it should not be allowed.

Third if the school allows the child to finish the year at school the contract is honored and no money may be awarded.

And finally this is a discussion forum and we are discussing as adults. If my words are attacked I will defend. If they are discussed I will discuss politely. I do not appreciate how you are speaking to me And your one of my favorite posters. That upsets me a bit and I feel it needs to change immediately after this post. I like discussing things with you and I would like to continue.

So lets discuss without anger, attitude, or malice.

Working within the guidelines is a must in America.

Ahem...this isn't in the US.

When this kid gets older I hope he learns better how to pick his battles.

The child does not have the right to violate every other student that conforms to the dress code and the father is an idiot, to think his kid alone has that right again I say, p*** off.. The only lesson he is doing this is to get that idiots of all sorts there 3 seconds of fame. Even if that puts a frame around there face with a caption of. I`m a goof and so will be my son, so damn you all.

Next time a kid has to go to the dentist or the doctor and the kid protests you better step up and say the kid had a right to not go.

As i have explained quite extensively where I stand. And I believe our conversation is over because you refuse to be an adult while talking to another adult. Also personal attacks are not within the forum rules that govern your use of this site. I thought you were fighting for people to follow the rules set forth then as a hypocrite you do as you please. Please refrain from addressing me in the manner of which you have and I will forget this ever happened that way the next time we chat it will be with a clean slate and maybe we can enjoy ourselves in discussion.

Ahem...this isn't in the US.

When this kid gets older I hope he learns better how to pick his battles.

You are absolutely right on both accounts. I was wrong to put America in there. I also agree I do hope he grows up with better habits than his father.

First off never assume I take drugs and state your misguided words on a public forum that is approaching slander.

Easy now. "p*** or get off the pot" is a common British idiom meaning the same as "Fish or cut bait." It isn't an insult.

Additionally, all members, let's tone it down a bit. This isn't a topic that merits emotional outbursts and knee-jerk reactions. We see articles about kids flouting dress codes on a monthly basis, and I remember them from when I was going to grade school. This is hardly revolutionary.

Edited by aquatus1

Easy now. "p*** or get off the pot" is a common British idiom meaning the same as "Fish or cut bait." It isn't an insult.

Additionally, all members, let's tone it down a bit. This isn't a topic that merits emotional outbursts and knee-jerk reactions. We see articles about kids flouting dress codes on a monthly basis, and I remember them from when I was going to grade school. This is hardly revolutionary.

I appreciate your explanation And I will assume it this way in hopes of not harboring any ill will. It was stated in a different manner when silver said immediately after to come back to reality and p*** off was stated completely seperate. That said though I hate arguing with silver as we agree on many things and have discussed apposing viewsquite well in the past. I will let it go and I hope silver knows I would still be happy to discuss future topics without ever bringing this up again.

You are absolutely right on both accounts. I was wrong to put America in there. I also agree I do hope he grows up with better habits than his father.

I'm wishing now I hadn't resisted the temptation to put a little winky smiley after pointing out this wasn't in America. :cry:

;)

First off never assume I take drugs

Ok maybe we have not quit communicated properly. Getting off the pot to me as I had stated meant get your ass off the toilet aka pot and get real. Stop reading the SUN. Sorry about the drug accociation, not ment. Get your ass off the crapper and do something about this stupid father son scam to gain 3 paragraphs you just read sitting on the toilet. Slap the father first then kick the kid in the ass.

People who think they are above rules need to do it proper, not just do what they want. Stop reading tabloids ;)

Ok maybe we have not quit communicated properly. Getting off the pot to me as I had stated meant get your ass off the toilet aka pot and get real. Stop reading the SUN. Sorry about the drug accociation, not ment. Get your ass off the crapper and do something about this stupid father son scam to gain 3 paragraphs you just read sitting on the toilet. Slap the father first then kick the kid in the ass.

People who think they are above rules need to do it proper, not just do what they want. Stop reading tabloids ;)

Now when you put it that way silver it actually puts a smile on my face. What were we talking about anyways...LOL

Seriously the dad seems like an idiot And they are already in the mess so..

School needs to reword rules.

Allow the kid to finish this year.

If kid follows new rules and the father then reads them more carefully and agrees also then maybe the school And the family can continue working together.

Should a lawsuit ensue. God I hope not.

But it is what it is. And they aet both wrong. Now If there is a more descriptive rule on hair length currently then dads gotta suck it up and ... how'd that go ... p*** or get off the pot!

Edit: spelling

Edited by Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Now when you put it that way silver it actually puts a smile on my face. What were we talking about anyways...LOL

Seriously the dad seems like an idiot Ans they are already in the mess so...

School needs to reword rules.

Allow the kid to finish this year.

If kid follows new rules and the father then reads them more carefully and agrees also then maybe the school And the family can continue working together.

Should a lawsuit ensue. God I hope not.

But it is what it is. And they ate both wrong. Now I'd there is a more descriptive rule on hair length currently then dads gotta suck it up and... how'd that go ... p*** or get off the pot!

No hard feelings. I may have used some terminology I learned from chatting with folks across the pond. No harm intended :tu:

I can only see this as an excuse to cause attention and maybe gain money from a council that is so kitty wipped or just getting a yob`s face in the paper useing his kid.

No hard feelings. I may have used some terminology I learned from chatting with folks across the pond. No harm intended :tu:

I can only see this as an excuse to cause attention and maybe gain money from a council that is so kitty wipped or just getting a yob`s face in the paper useing his kid.

You may be right about the father. I can't deny that at all. And you don't have to p*** in my pocket about the last few posts it happens. LOL OK so I wanted to use an Aussie expression as I thought after the last few posts it was appropriate. Lol

Something I'm wondering is how clear it was in the dress code. Most dress codes focus solely on the uniform itself and, as such, most (parents and students alike) are simply unaware of it.

However as others have said, there's no way around how sexiest this actually is.

Rules are rules. The parents were made aware of the dress code before he started. No bleating about human rights, if the parents dont like the rules then just move him... Simple. Of course they should have chosen a different school in the first place if his , or the parent's vanity were more important than schooling...

I think if the school has some silly, petty, pointless rules which are there for no particular reason (such as boys not being able to have ponytails) then something needs to be done to force the school to get rid of these daft, petty, silly rules and let boys have three inch ponytails if they so desire (most girls' ponytails are much longer than three inches but the school wouldn't be complaining about them).

Get rid of the daft rules and let boys have ponytails. The school should be more concerned about education, not barely-noticeable ponytails. As long as the boy sits and listens in class and gets good grades he can have a mohican or a punk rocker hairstyle for all I care. Grades, not hairstyle, are important.

Edited by Blackwhite