Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Psychic Sally Morgan accused of cheating

Saru

One of the UK's best known psychics has been accused of receiving information through an earpiece.

A member of staff realised that several people near the back of the theatre were aware of the mystery voice and the window was gently closed. The voice was not heard again.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• voidla

• Sakari

• Varelse

• undertheflow

This is really saddening and shattering thing for the people who showed blind faith in her.

I find it really sad, that people shows faith in these type of beings.

:D

How else are psychic's meant perform their tricks?

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Me and my other half have watched her on TV and my mother and sister in law went to see her and thought she was really good.

After watching her on TV I wasn't overly convinced. She used a fair amount of cold reading methods and I though she did give some fairly specific information out it did seem to be the kind of thing that people would have been talking about before the show started.

Being a psychic myself, I always warn people about psychics who have their own television shows and/or make money doing readings. I'm not surprised that this, uh, "psychic" was caught cheating.

@Riyeh..exactly. However psychics are dishonest magicians. Magicians are upfront (and rightly proud) about being able to delude/trick you. Nothing wrong with that. Psychics do much the same thing, but dishonestly claim that their "powers" are real.

She didn't see the man talking and she didn't see the earpiece, but other than the case is rock solid.

Ba if people want to pay for entertainment so be it. It dosnt take a geniouse to recognize cold reading..... People ignore because they want to.... There will always be someone to take your money if you are willing to give it.

@Riyeh..exactly. However psychics are dishonest magicians. Magicians are upfront (and rightly proud) about being able to delude/trick you. Nothing wrong with that. Psychics do much the same thing, but dishonestly claim that their "powers" are real.

I'm afraid I'm not a "dishonest magician." I've never charged a penny for my readings, and it's really hard to do a cold reading over the internet when I post several paragraphs of information with no feedback. I do have a reading thread where you will see I've been generally successful, though I'm just doing readings over PM now. I would be happy to give you a reading if you like. (I've given readings to five professed skeptics but unfortunately they never left feedback, which I find quite strange.)

I'm not very bothered by people who think psychics are bunk, I just don't like being called a fraud because some dodo got caught cheating.

It's all a great big sham! The banking industry is going to ruin our... wait... what were we talking about? In all honesty, I agree with "Undertheflow" in that it is a shame that there are people out there that will not only cheat the masses out of their money, but also cheat the legitamate psychics out of credability.

There are fraudsters and dishonest people in every field and profession, lets not forget that.

Read the story.. and.. what?

No proof? Just a story made up by someone which can't be proven because the reporter didn't bother finding out what the staff said? Instead they took the words off the person claiming such a story?

Interesting.. Sally is definitely fake! ... That was sarcasm.

There was no audio, no second witness, no statements from the staff just a manager who apparently wasn't mentioned being there..

I'm surprised that Sally didn't see all of this coming and take steps to prevent the whole embarrassing debacle.

She is a psychic after all.

She has a very dishonest looking face imo-kinda hooro show scary almost.

You're probably not in the mood for a serious discussion.

That photo of her must be at least a few years old, she's since lost a lot of weight and appears more mature, she has grown older too!

I'm open to speculation about all things in life, so this isn't me being her #1 fan, I just wanted to clear up, for whatever reason, they've chosen a photo where she's younger and rounder!

I'm surprised that Sally didn't see all of this coming and take steps to prevent the whole embarrassing debacle.

This is such a paradox it's just ridiculous to even explain it.

Edited by voidla

I'm afraid I'm not a "dishonest magician." I've never charged a penny for my readings, and it's really hard to do a cold reading over the internet when I post several paragraphs of information with no feedback. I do have a reading thread where you will see I've been generally successful, though I'm just doing readings over PM now. I would be happy to give you a reading if you like. (I've given readings to five professed skeptics but unfortunately they never left feedback, which I find quite strange.)

I'm not very bothered by people who think psychics are bunk, I just don't like being called a fraud because some dodo got caught cheating.

A "reading over the internet" is not really hard to do. You google the persons forum name, chances are they use the same name on other forums, you read a bit, voila. Or maybe you use their email address, search facebook, find their entire life laid bare.

You can find out so much about practically EVERY user on this forum, with a little bit of googling and clever searching.

But please, give me a psychic reading in PM, with all ive said I still maintain an open mind always, so would love to have one.

Reminds me of the Psychic Fayre due to be held in the nearby town a few years back; it had to be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances - I kid you not!

Couldnt agree more Spid3rCyd3.