Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

USO, filmed up close

bouncer

Hi

Ive been lurking here for a long time and finally I thought Id post some fascinating footage of a USO filmed from mere metres away. Now the first thing people will say is the object is being towed by the boat, NOT so... Im afraid, as the distance changes and it appears in a later section of the film alongside the boat

video: http://www.examiner.com/unexplained-phenomena-in-national/ufo-submarine-unusual-object-off-the-coast-of-sweden-sept-17-2011-video

found at: http://www.examiner.com/unexplained-phenomena-in-national/swift-white-ufo-sphere-or-orb-chases-boat-off-coast-of-sweden-video

Edited by bouncer

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bouncer

• Welder

• DONTEATUS

• Macroramphosis

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sorry but what is a USO? I haven't heard of one before, is it similar to a UFO?

underwater submerged object

A USO you say?

I would say its a marine animal towing a buoy.

:D

A USO you say?

Itd have to be a big one then wouldn't it? And the people in the boat will have seen it.... there is no way any of us can be sure from the video, tho if a genuine USO, you've now seen one up close!

And the people in the boat will have seen it....

Not really, the line from the buoy to the fish, isn't inches long but meters long.

Edited by BFB

Itd have to be a big one then wouldn't it? And the people in the boat will have seen it.... there is no way any of us can be sure from the video, tho if a genuine USO, you've now seen one up close!

Yes its has to be a quiet large marine animal,but doesn't even have to be the size of a harbour porpoise to towe that buoy. The people in the boat doesn't have any chance of seeing the animal if the line between the animal and the buoy is more than 2-3 meter long.

Had to edit, because if the line was a meter long they would might be able to see the animal.

Edited by Scepticus

Hi

Ive been lurking here for a long time and finally I thought Id post some fascinating footage of a USO filmed from mere metres away. Now the first thing people will say is the object is being towed by the boat, NOT so... Im afraid, as the distance changes and it appears in a later section of the film alongside the boat

video: http://www.examiner.com/unexplained-phenomena-in-national/ufo-submarine-unusual-object-off-the-coast-of-sweden-sept-17-2011-video

found at: http://www.examiner.com/unexplained-phenomena-in-national/swift-white-ufo-sphere-or-orb-chases-boat-off-coast-of-sweden-video

:w00t:

I love this line - A swiftly moving white orb was spottted chasing a boat in the ocean off the coast of Sweden. :lol:

What in the world this has to do with UFOs and ET I will never know... If anything I think it shows just how much faith that is needed in this field called UFOology.

Yes its has to be a quiet large marine animal,but doesn't even have to be the size of a harbour porpoise to towe that buoy. The people in the boat doesn't have any chance of seeing the animal if the line between the animal and the buoy is more than a meter long.

Well being a boat owner myself, there is no way the buoys line, if it is a buoy, could cross behind the boat like that, while being pulled from the front, it will get wrapped round on the keel or the props....furthermore, anyone out to sea is basically trained in maritime procedures and wouldn't have wasted their time filming a buoy, for which they would be very familiar with. If this was as simple as you all make out, it wouldn't have made the news would it? And the navy wouldn't be investigating a buoy either, now would they?

IMO its a fish pulling a float that the fisherman was using when he was fishing, Fish would of snapped hes line and took off with the float. Ive seen this plenty of times before.

Edited by david_36

Well being a boat owner myself, there is no way the buoys line, if it is a buoy, could cross behind the boat like that, while being pulled from the front, it will get wrapped round on the keel or the props....furthermore, anyone out to sea is basically trained in maritime procedures and wouldn't have wasted their time filming a buoy, for which they would be very familiar with.

Okay i would say i know a thing or two about boats, since i am a divisional director in a marine insurance company and have 5 boats myself. And i can clearly say that the boat in the vid, doesn't have a big propella, so my guess yes it could happen. As to the keel i dont understand how you can say it would be wraped around it? I would like to know how that possible under the circumstance seen in the vid.

You should read david_36 answer, here he gives a great exsample.

Well being a boat owner myself, there is no way the buoys line, if it is a buoy, could cross behind the boat like that, while being pulled from the front, it will get wrapped round on the keel or the props....furthermore, anyone out to sea is basically trained in maritime procedures and wouldn't have wasted their time filming a buoy, for which they would be very familiar with. If this was as simple as you all make out, it wouldn't have made the news would it? And the navy wouldn't be investigating a buoy either, now would they?

To make it short.

IMO its a fish pulling a float that the fisherman was using when he was fishing, Fish would of snapped hes line and took off with the float. Ive seen this plenty of times before.

Okay i would say i know a thing or two about boats, since i am a divisional director in a marine insurance company and have 5 boats myself. And i can clearly say that the boat in the vid, doesn't have a big propella, so my guess yes it could happen. As to the keel i dont understand how you can say it would be wraped around it? I would like to know how that possible under the circumstance seen in the vid.

You should read david_36 answer, here he gives a great exsample.

Here's a non-short version.. :D

... Now the first thing people will say is the object is being towed by the boat...

Hands up anyone who thought that? I certainly didn't. I guess it could be being pulled by another boat out of picture, but the first thing I thought was exactly what everyone else seems to be agreed upon...

Itd have to be a big one then wouldn't it?

No, it most definitely would not. A small porpoise or dolphin, shark, large fish, ray, etc could all do this easily. A larger mammal, like a full-sized dolphin, could drag that buoy/float down completely for quite a long period. And frankly, without knowing the *actual* buoyancy of the buoy/float, the amount of force required to make it do that is difficult to quantify.

And the people in the boat will have seen it....

Why? What was the turbidity of the water in that area? (Do you know what a Secchi disk is? (I do and have used them many times..)) Even a couple of metres depth might be plenty to obscure the animal. And how about animals that have upper coloration that matches the water closely? (er that would be an awful lot of fish and marine mammals..)

Well being a boat owner myself

Me too (owned a few, and have driven/piloted/coxed many), and have also spent much of my time working in a marine lab..

there is no way the buoys line, if it is a buoy, could cross behind the boat like that, while being pulled from the front, it will get wrapped round on the keel or the props....

What? First up, it depends entirely on the design of the craft - it may be easily able to hit the 'props'/skeg (..keel??) and simply deflect downwards and past. Secondly, if it is being pulled by something that is trying to go down/stay deep, the line is probably at a 45° angle or more, easily enough to clear any boat bits..

furthermore, anyone out to sea is basically trained in maritime procedures and wouldn't have wasted their time filming a buoy, for which they would be very familiar with.

Erm.. I simply do not understand this - unless the training includes watching say, shark fishing with large floats, I doubt too many people have seen a buoy/float doing that. Are you seriously claiming that this would be a normal sight for your average mariner?

If this was as simple as you all make out, it wouldn't have made the news would it? And the navy wouldn't be investigating a buoy either, now would they?

Not seen 'filler' stories on slow news days? And why does being simple to explain mean it is uninteresting? Maybe the Navy wants its buoy back, maybe they are helping investigate illegal fishing practices, or maybe they simply care about the poor animal who may be the cause...

I wonder if it was in fact being pulled by a submarine.... I dont know about boats and submarines and the such... But could or do submarines release bouys to the surface in order to be located by largers ships? ever? if they did perhaps one was forgotten

A USO you say?

This, it acted a lot like that.

Could have been a shark, dolphin, whale or any other large marine animal pulling it.

The animal could have been meters under the water so you wouldn't see it.

I fail to see how this would warrant a topic. :huh: I honestly question the intellectual capacity of some individuals these days. Really? They couldn't deduct a pragmatic explanation for what they've seen? It's so obvious that it's a fish towing a buoy.

Of course you're going to have the blind believers come forth and say, "We don't know what it is... For all you know, it COULD be an extraterrestrial craft from another planet!". :rolleyes:

Edited by Alienated Being

I fail to see how this would warrant a topic. :huh: I honestly question the intellectual capacity of some individuals these days. Really? They couldn't deduct a pragmatic explanation for what they've seen? It's so obvious that it's a fish towing a buoy.

Of course you're going to have the blind believers come forth and say, "We don't know what it is... For all you know, it COULD be an extraterrestrial craft from another planet!". :rolleyes:

Are you implying that the topic should be given a 1-star rating?

Are you implying that the topic should be given a 1-star rating?

Absolutely.

This topic makes me feel like it's a chance for many simple-minded people to come forth and say: 'it could be this, it could be that', thinking that silly theories that a 5-year-old child could come up with make any difference for anyone else. Or is this supposed to be a sort of low-grade pastime activity? And admittedly I've been dragged in to a certain extent. I feel violated. Don't you people have a console to play on?

Ok I have been a practicing sailboat owner fo 40yrs.I also have done hours of sea fishing. So what do I think. I go along with those who think that this is a fish on the end of a line.I have sometimes fished with a large float after large fishes in deep water. The technique is to drop the bait where a fish may be holed up. . If the skipper had pulled in the float he would have fresh fish to eat