Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Please help me!

sarz

Hello, I just registered for possible advise on what to do about my situation. I have researched online time and time again but no one has a case like mine. So here is a little background (skip to the next paragraph for MY problem).. My family is very sensitive to the paranormal. My mom freaks out if I mention a ghost, so I believe she has had experiences that she would wish to forget. My sister has had experiences multiple times (more good ones, like an angel of sorts). Her daughter, who is 8 years old, has it the worst, she actually sees and talks to "dead" people. I have considered the imaginary friend thing but looking into what she actually tells me.. it's no bull. Two cases come to mind, one where she was talking to a dead guy in the back seat when we were driving. She says he was killed on a bike, we looked it up and sure enough a motorcyclist died that week on the road we were on. Another time she was talking to a little dead girl who was murdered in the woods near where she was staying the day before, we found that to be true as well. Now on to my 'problem'.

A couple of years ago, I was living with my mom and step dad, I had numerous paranormal activities. Normally it happened when I slept, it started out with this sleep disorder called "sexomnia". I would wake up and my fiancee (yes I'm 20 years old and married) would ask me if I remembered touching her at night and/or making out with her. I had no memory of it every time it happened, which was every other night. It never got further than groping her thank God, and eventually she would ask me if I'm "awake" before she let me touch or make out with her at night. If I just grunted then she knew it wasn't me. So we took care of that problem for the most part (just this morning though she woke up without a shirt on, I remember going to bed at around 4 am and her having it on, she awoke at around 7 am with it off...). Other times I would feel a presence outside the curtain when taking a shower. One time I woke up to the bed shaking, it was a minor shake until I woke up my wife, then it got pretty violent, somehow I managed to fall asleep while it was shaking.. we laugh about it now because I just left her to deal with it while I went back to sleep. Anyway, we moved out about 8 months ago, got our own place, and everything seemed to stop, no presences felt, no sexomnia, no bed shaking. This morning though, my wife woke me up as she was going to work, I then felt something looking at me, it was very unsettling because it hasn't happened in so long, so I wake up and as I'm surfing the web (looking how to get rid of ghosts), I get a text saying she awoke without a shirt on. That combined with that presence I felt (which I haven't felt in so long) drove me to these forums looking for a solution.

Thank you for reading my wall of text, if you need any other details please just ask.

some minor things: I read online that if you're affiliated with ANY kind of demonic thing then you should get away from it.. I just started playing this game called Diablo II again, in anticipation for its sequel in 2012. Probably nothing but just something I'd thought I'd mention.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mike G

• White Crane Feather

• Chimpanzee

• sarz

Top Posters In This Topic

it started out with this sleep disorder called "sexomnia".

Have you been formally diagnosed with this condition, or did you self-diagnose after a marathon internet search session? Besides your strange feelings of being watched, which realistically could all easily be subjective and you simply scaring yourself (as it seems that you are already agitated), what evidence do you have that there is any kind of presence in your home?

Just out of curiosity, how old are you, if you don't mind me asking, because some of your writing sounds a little adolescent in its range of thought, no offence.

EDIT: Ah, re-read your 20. Yeah, as you get older you kind of mature and grow out of some of these goofy thoughts, such as fifteen-year-old offerings from Blizzard Ent. causing Satan to pay you a visit, or feeling a little uncomfortable and spooked just because you are living in a new place. I would just give things time. Like a decade. You'll be fine.

Also, don't believe everything you read on the internet. You'll become a misinformed lunatic.

Edited by Mike G

Also, don't believe everything you read on the internet. You'll become a misinformed lunatic.

Gotta love the Information Age.

My goal in life is to be a psychologist, that being said I have studied the brain A LOT, and I can tell the difference between superstition and something really just not being right. When I feel a presence, I stop and think if my mind is playing tricks on me, I take into account everything from scary movies I've watched to when the last presence was felt (there was a pattern in earlier years), to all the other details people mention when encountering a spirit. My own conclusion is there is something following me, and it's frustrating. I don't want this thing in my life any more, I'm about to call a witch doctor in desperation. If it was my mind playing tricks I would have figured out a way to make it stop.

And the sexomnia was self-diagnosed via some random forum.

I'm about to call a witch doctor in desperation.

And the sexomnia was self-diagnosed via some random forum.

All valid reasons why you might want to consider another profession other than psychology.

Hello, I just registered for possible advise on what to do about my situation. I have researched online time and time again but no one has a case like mine. So here is a little background (skip to the next paragraph for MY problem).. My family is very sensitive to the paranormal. My mom freaks out if I mention a ghost, so I believe she has had experiences that she would wish to forget. My sister has had experiences multiple times (more good ones, like an angel of sorts). Her daughter, who is 8 years old, has it the worst, she actually sees and talks to "dead" people. I have considered the imaginary friend thing but looking into what she actually tells me.. it's no bull. Two cases come to mind, one where she was talking to a dead guy in the back seat when we were driving. She says he was killed on a bike, we looked it up and sure enough a motorcyclist died that week on the road we were on. Another time she was talking to a little dead girl who was murdered in the woods near where she was staying the day before, we found that to be true as well. Now on to my 'problem'.

A couple of years ago, I was living with my mom and step dad, I had numerous paranormal activities. Normally it happened when I slept, it started out with this sleep disorder called "sexomnia". I would wake up and my fiancee (yes I'm 20 years old and married) would ask me if I remembered touching her at night and/or making out with her. I had no memory of it every time it happened, which was every other night. It never got further than groping her thank God, and eventually she would ask me if I'm "awake" before she let me touch or make out with her at night. If I just grunted then she knew it wasn't me. So we took care of that problem for the most part (just this morning though she woke up without a shirt on, I remember going to bed at around 4 am and her having it on, she awoke at around 7 am with it off...). Other times I would feel a presence outside the curtain when taking a shower. One time I woke up to the bed shaking, it was a minor shake until I woke up my wife, then it got pretty violent, somehow I managed to fall asleep while it was shaking.. we laugh about it now because I just left her to deal with it while I went back to sleep. Anyway, we moved out about 8 months ago, got our own place, and everything seemed to stop, no presences felt, no sexomnia, no bed shaking. This morning though, my wife woke me up as she was going to work, I then felt something looking at me, it was very unsettling because it hasn't happened in so long, so I wake up and as I'm surfing the web (looking how to get rid of ghosts), I get a text saying she awoke without a shirt on. That combined with that presence I felt (which I haven't felt in so long) drove me to these forums looking for a solution.

Thank you for reading my wall of text, if you need any other details please just ask.

some minor things: I read online that if you're affiliated with ANY kind of demonic thing then you should get away from it.. I just started playing this game called Diablo II again, in anticipation for its sequel in 2012. Probably nothing but just something I'd thought I'd mention.

Sexomania! lol

Edited by Chimpanzee

Sexomania! lol

He wrote "sexomnia", not sexomania. But that's how I first read it too. :lol: Sounded like the title of a bad funk song.

My goal in life is to be a psychologist, that being said I have studied the brain A LOT, and I can tell the difference between superstition and something really just not being right. When I feel a presence, I stop and think if my mind is playing tricks on me, I take into account everything from scary movies I've watched to when the last presence was felt (there was a pattern in earlier years), to all the other details people mention when encountering a spirit. My own conclusion is there is something following me, and it's frustrating. I don't want this thing in my life any more, I'm about to call a witch doctor in desperation. If it was my mind playing tricks I would have figured out a way to make it stop.

I have a hellofa lot of trouble believing you have studied the brain like you claim you have. What is the difference between superstition and "something really just not being right"? Seems if you studied the brain a bit, you could come up with at least an elementary proper way to describe it.

Just stopping to think if your mind is playing tricks on you and not coming up with a resolution doesn't at all mean your brain is not playing tricks on you. If you study the brain, you will realize this. There are so many factors that could contribute to you fooling yourself it is halfway from impossible to cover every angle.

But the more you would study about the brain(A LOT, like you claim), the less and less you would fall to the idea that something supernatural is "following" you. I'll ignore the witch doctor bit. ^_^

edit - left an important "not" out.

Edited by Jerry Only

However, im defo gonna see if i can use the sexomnia excuse ;)

That seems like a good way to wake up with mysterious scratches and possibly your things eerily packed and teleported to the porch by unseen hands.

Edited by Mike G

Sexommia..... I wonder if my wife is up for it ;)

Starz.... Your " shaking" is a common experience when switching in and out of altered states. You are probably experiencing some altered states related to interruptions of your normal sleep cycle....... Your sexomnia is a dead give away.

I doubt you have a negative attachment.

1) stop having sex all hours of the night. ( I can't believe I just said that)

2) cut back on the partying

3) maintain a better sleep cycle.

It's funny all those questioning your maturity and knowledge, when they themselves are clueless. It's obviouse to any body with experience tha it's a sleep issue.

If you still feel like it's a negative attachment..... Pm me I can give you some things to do there swell. A sleep study would not be such a bad idea either.

Good luck

Sexommia..... I wonder if my wife is up for it ;)

Starz.... Your " shaking" is a common experience when switching in and out of altered states. You are probably experiencing some altered states related to interruptions of your normal sleep cycle....... Your sexomnia is a dead give away.

I doubt you have a negative attachment.

1) stop having sex all hours of the night. ( I can't believe I just said that)

2) cut back on the partying

3) maintain a better sleep cycle.

It's funny all those questioning your maturity and knowledge, when they themselves are clueless. It's obviouse to any body with experience tha it's a sleep issue.

If you still feel like it's a negative attachment..... Pm me I can give you some things to do there swell. A sleep study would not be such a bad idea either.

Good luck

Ahh okay thanks, I have thought about putting cameras up to see just what goes on when I sleep, just haven't had the budget. And the shaking was felt by both me and my wife so it's possible we were both in altered states at the same time? Your post made a lot of sense, and I will try your 3 points. I'm glad it's a sleep issue.

*Snip*

Edited by Karlis
Deleted snide remarks

And the shaking was felt by both me and my wife so it's possible we were both in altered states at the same time?

I am sure that Seeker79 can easily account for that with his vast sleep experience. :blush:

Ahh okay thanks, I have thought about putting cameras up to see just what goes on when I sleep, just haven't had the budget. And the shaking was felt by both me and my wife so it's possible we were both in altered states at the same time? Your post made a lot of sense, and I will try your 3 points. I'm glad it's a sleep issue.

*Snip*

Hmmmm both of you felt it? I have herd of that three times now. Normally only the person feels it. But I have a feeling that some experiencers might react to it physically thereby alerting another. I can't be sure.

I am sure that Seeker79 can easily account for that with his vast sleep experience. :blush:

Probably less vast and more like extensive. ;)

Edited by Seeker79

*Snip*

Rolf!

He wants to record himself with the mrs lol

Edited by Chimpanzee

Rolf!

He wants to record himself with the mrs lol

What is even more funny is that he instantly bought the diagnosis that he has a "sleep issue", even though it came from an anonymous stranger on the internet.

I am genuinely afraid for today's youth...

What is even more funny is that he instantly bought the diagnosis that he has a "sleep issue", even though it came from an anonymous stranger on the internet.

I am genuinely afraid for today's youth...

That's why i suggested he have a sleep study done :). He has several classic symptoms. I would look into the advice of a kind stranger that might know what he is talking about much sooner than I would pay attention to an unkind stranger who obviously dosnt have a clue about or experience with the problem. :)

Have you been formally diagnosed with this condition, or did you self-diagnose after a marathon internet search session? Besides your strange feelings of being watched, which realistically could all easily be subjective and you simply scaring yourself (as it seems that you are already agitated), what evidence do you have that there is any kind of presence in your home?

Just out of curiosity, how old are you, if you don't mind me asking, because some of your writing sounds a little adolescent in its range of thought, no offence.

EDIT: Ah, re-read your 20. Yeah, as you get older you kind of mature and grow out of some of these goofy thoughts, such as fifteen-year-old offerings from Blizzard Ent. causing Satan to pay you a visit, or feeling a little uncomfortable and spooked just because you are living in a new place. I would just give things time. Like a decade. You'll be fine.

Dr Chimpanzee advises you to enjoy more love making during daylight hours so your subconscious doesnt try to have its way with your girlfriend at night lol.

Edited by Chimpanzee

Uh.... huh...

Look, if this is something that is seriously bothering you and this isnt just a random person trying to take advantage of people they see as stupid enough to actually care about a stranger online, then for the first time in the history of Unexplained Mysteries I think I agree with Mike. Go get professional help. There are various reasons that you don't want to look up this kind of thing online. The other thing is, its not like youre being disloyal to your wife, from what youve said it doesnt seem like she doesnt enjoy the sex so who cares. You're married--have all the crazy sex you can, just go for it buddy!

The uneasy feelings are probably very likely tied to the fact that your family raised you to be aware of them. I'm not going to say delusional but of the 37 cases I have personally investigated I have only encountered a single case that made me consider supernatural factors may be involved. Go seek professional help, from a psychologist. If this is something that is seriously bothering you, you have my sincerest apologies and I hope it all works out. The best defense against spiritual invasion of your home and life (in my experience) is the active practice and belief in Christianity or Catholicism, new age religions seem to only encourage reappearances of paranormal phenomena, which is likely something that will get me flamed and not something you want to hear coming from a family so "in tune" with supernatural forces so I am not going to return to this thread because I refuse to get snagged in a religious debate, I have better ways to spend my free time. :)

If you are just seeking attention, please don't.

There are people out there with serious worries and concerns and every fraudulent post or plea for help does more damage than it does good.

Edited by Mr. E.

That's why i suggested he have a sleep study done :). He has several classic symptoms. I would look into the advice of a kind stranger that might know what he is talking about much sooner than I would pay attention to an unkind stranger who obviously dosnt have a clue about or experience with the problem. :)

Well, perhaps that is your first logical flaw. You think that you "know" what is causing this person's problem. To the point that you have convinced yourself that anyone who says otherwise must be "ignorant".

I expressed an opinion that he is possibly imagining the whole thing and building up these fears in his own mind based on tidbits of misinformation that he is picking up on the internet. You say that he is suffering from some sort of sleep disorder. The difference is, I submitted my opinion... and that's it, fully recognizing that I could be wrong being as how I have never met this person, don't know anything more about him than a handful of paragraphs, and in fact have no proof that the whole thing isn't just a joke.

You, on the other hand, are staunchly defending your opinion, and passing it off as the indisputably correct answer, to the point of making the rash presumption that if anyone disagrees or dares to propose a contrary idea, well... they must certainly be inexperienced and/or ignorant. While I do believe that there is inexperience and perhaps some ignorance (at least in regards to logical, unbiased critical thought) on embarrassingly clear display in this topic, it is hardly due to an unfamiliarity with your sleeping disorder pet theory.

It is like if someone posted a topic saying that they saw a ghost while experiencing uncontrolled trembling and a physical rush, and I replied that it was just their imagination, and that the physical reactions listed were just their body reacting to the fear that they invented. Then you came here saying that their ghostly vision was clearly the product of caffeine poisoning, and that I (and anyone who thinks otherwise) was a uneducated fool for not recognizing this "fact".

Two opinions, yes. But one crosses the line into self-delusion.

Edited by Mike G

Dr Chimpanzee advises you to enjoy more love making during daylight hours so your subconscious doesnt try to have its way with your girlfriend at night lol.

I want to see Dr. Chimpanzee's credentials! :lol:

chimp_doctor.jpg

Dear young friend,

I am sorry these things are happening in your life. It sounds very complex and I am afraid that I do not have much experience with this sort of thing. I see that you have had a lot of responses and some have been less than supportive and even unkind but don't let that deter you from getting the appropriate help you need. I will agree with Seeker79 that a sleep study would be an appropriate and scientific approach to the nocturnal issues you are having. One thing I want to say that is in your favor, and that is that it sounds like you have the support of your wife/significant other, and that is a very positive thing. Best of luck and kindness to you.

That seems like a good way to wake up with mysterious scratches and possibly your things eerily packed and teleported to the porch by unseen hands.

Hmmm think you got a point there.

Plus bit too cold to sleep in the car ;)