Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Iran Promises "80 Seconds Of Hell!"

Stellar

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bathory

• Talon

• thebarman

• Stellar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In Tehran, as August began, the Islamic Republic's supreme guide Ali Khamenei, was answering questions from a hundred or so Islamic guidance officials, home from foreign postings for retraining. Most of his answers were trite slogans, but when he was asked, "Is our Islamic Republic at war against the United States," he paused before replying. "It is the United States that is at war against our Islamic Revolution."

However, Khamenei's own newspaper was even more direct. Writing this July, it said, "the White House's 80 years of exclusive rule are likely to become 80 seconds of hell that will burn to ashes. Those who resist Iran will be struck from directions they never expected."

To these facts add that an Arab newspaper published in London and Beirut reported that an Iranian intelligence unit has established a center called "The Brigades of the Shahids of the Global Islamic Awakening," controlled by a Revolutionary Guards intelligence officer, Hassan Abbasi. The newspaper has a tape recording of Abbasi when he spoke of Iran's secret plans, which include "a strategy drawn up for the destruction of Anglo-Saxon civilization."

Missile strikes

To bring this about, Abbasi said, "There are 29 sensitive sites in the U.S. and in the West. We have already spied on these sites and we know how we are going to attack them." This Revolutionary Guard officer continued by saying, "Iran's missiles are now ready to strike at Western targets, and as soon as the instructions arrive from Ali Khamenei, we will launch our missiles at their cities and installations."

Suddenly a second war sounds like a good idea. blink.gif

could it be that the so called islamic revolution for worldwide domination-is not as far fetched an idea as first thought?

i don't know how anybody could be so stupid as to sit-up and beg for a first strike--

oh boy well that not comforting...might as well just build a bubble over the US...dome it off from everyone else.

So at what point does the polarization of the two sides get to the point at which we will have a full blown war of ideologies; The western world trying to destroy muslims and vice versa...It seems like each side is escalating and gaining more and more followers.

They seem to have set a new low with the russian attack on the school kids...In all of the reporting of the school attack I have yet to hear anyone from the muslim world in a role of authority that denouced what happened...

I wonder where all of this is going...

When bush opened the "preemptive attack" can of worms, now iran and israel seem to have jumped on that explosive bandwagon...

Edited by Fluffybunny

We seem to have set a new low with the russian attack on the school kids...

you mean, 'they' tongue.gif

80 seconds of hell? if iran so much sneezes radiation at the US they better be hoping they have 100000000000000+ sunscreen on

We seem to have set a new low with the russian attack on the school kids...

you mean, 'they' tongue.gif

256362[/snapback]

I was aiming for a "we" as in reference to the the human race, but I changed it to make sure no one here assumes I am a chechyen...I won't name any names... rolleyes.gif

That's just what we need now, a brand new, improved arms race. It's been far too long since schoolchildren had to run air raid drills.

Nuke them before they nuke us? I hate nukes, but the real question is: How far would you go to ensure your own survival? Mankind has created this reality and one day we'll have to deal with it in an extremely real way.

I disagree with nukes, most Iranians are completely innocent in the actions of their government. A regime change maybe, mass murder no.

I disagree with nukes, most Iranians are completely innocent in the actions of their government. A regime change maybe, mass murder no.

you would support a bloody and violent regime change?

256412[/snapback]

I think he just said that, didn't he?

You proposing we do nothing? huh.gif I'm surpirsed, thought you want to go in laugh.gif

Anyway, given that any action we make against Iran will create more terorists we really have no win situations all over the place. huh.gif Its not like we can even fiund a revolution, cause if histories anything to go by, we'll be back in 20 years to fight whoever we suport.

i'm all for regime change, i just don't understand how you can support an iranian regime change which will be a hell of allot more bloody and be against Iraqi regime change?

Are you proposing nukes? huh.gif cause thats even more excessive?

Anyway, I said 'maybe', there is a good chance Iran's bluffing to save face with extremists.

hmmmm? when was i proposing nukes?

the only time i'd propose the use of nukes would be during a nuclear war:P

if they are gonna nuke me, **** em:)

Anyway, I said 'maybe', there is a good chance Iran's bluffing to save face with extremists.

what if intelligence points to them telling the truth?

you know, what if Iran rattles its sabre allot, makes lots of big calls, and the intelligence available at the time supports it? whistling2.gif

see where i'm going:P

hmmmm? when was i proposing nukes?

I was asking not acussing.

what if intelligence points to them telling the truth?

you know, what if Iran rattles its sabre allot, makes lots of big calls, and the intelligence available at the time supports it?

see where i'm going:P

No, I don't. You don't want to use nukes. You don't want to use an invasion. You don't want to wait for Iran to make the first move. What do you want? huh.gif

Quote from source:

And, one last fact: The 9/11 commission in its report poses a question, "September 11 was a day of unprecedented shock. The nation was unprepared. How can we avoid such a tragedy again?"

The answer has to be obvious. Ensure that Iran does not have the opportunity to make a first-strike against the U.S. and that Iran stops attempting to make Iraq a colony.

Pre-emption against Iran will happen. They don't as yet possess nuclear weapons. And they won't. They are behind the insurgent terrorists in Iraq and have been funding Al Queda and other terrorists groups for years. So....who is for the pre-emptive strike against Iran and who is against it? Show us your marbles please.

I think we have our hands full with Iraq at the moment without charging into its larger neighbour.

Then again, charging into Iran may actually help stabilize things in Iraq.

Our spread our troops even further, antagonise an already war-sick domestic front, and increase the appearance that we are attacking Islam.

If you really want a war so bad at least wait until Iraq has settled down enough to become a viable ally.

No, I don't. You don't want to use nukes. You don't want to use an invasion. You don't want to wait for Iran to make the first move. What do you want?

hmmmmmm

ok i guess i'll have to clarify

I agree with an invasion some time in the future, i'm not fussed if its use of preemptive policy as they have done more than enough to show that they are/plan on becoming a nice big threat.

When i say i'm against the invasion, and against preemption, i'm pointing towards your stance on the Iraq war (i'm assuming you were against it) I'm trying to demonstrate that what we have is essentially the lead up to Iraq all over again, awesome.