Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Iran Promises "80 Seconds Of Hell!"

Stellar

You know bathory, i dont believe you actually think bush is intelligent, from all your previous posts i really believe youve just resorted to arguing for the sake of arguing when someone with a left wing attitude posts

I bet in the real world you think bush is a **** as well

my opinion of Bush is that he's allot smarter than people give him credit for, Resorting to simply arguing with those with a left wing attitude? i'm simply asking this guy to back up his claims of Bush being stupid with actual evidence.

In the real world, i think all politicians are two faced ****s, i'm a harm minimalist, i support the guy who will harm me the least:)

Still resorting to the personal insults I see.

how was that a personal insult? i was simply going by your logic in juding ones intelligence, if you make a mistake you must obviously be stupid.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bathory

• Talon

• thebarman

• Stellar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i'm simply asking this guy to back up his claims of Bush being stupid with actual evidence.

Well I'll do my best...

"I've coined new words, like, misunderstanding and Hispanically." -George W. Bush, speaking at the Radio & Television Correspondents dinner, March 29, 2001

George Bush claiming to invent new words, oh, what do you know, there already in the dictionary...

"Neither in French nor in English nor in Mexican." -George W. Bush, declining to take reporters' questions during a photo op with Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien, April 21, 2001

George Bush inventing a whole language, maybe he also thinks people in America speak American?

"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.'' -George W. Bush, Feb. 21, 2001

George Bush proving he couldn't pass a literacy test.

"The California crunch really is the result of not enough power-generating plants and then not enough power to power the power of generating plants." -George W. Bush, Jan. 2001

Sorry George could you repeat that?

"Anyway, I'm so thankful, and so gracious - I'm gracious that my brother Jeb is concerned about the hemisphere as well." -George W. Bush, June 4, 2001

George Bush showing his concern for global warming, but presumably only in one half of the world, the other hemisphere will just have to suffer!

"But I also made it clear to (Vladimir Putin) that it's important to think beyond the old days of when we had the concept that if we blew each other up, the world would be safe." -George W. Bush, May 1, 2001

Makes you glad he's the President doesn't it.

"THEY MISUNDERESTIMATED ME."

BENTONVILLE, ARK., NOV. 6, 2000

We certainly did George, we certainly did.

"I THINK WE AGREE, THE PAST IS OVER."

-ON HIS MEETING WITH JOHN MCCAIN, DALLAS MORNING NEWS, MAY 10, 2000

Yes, I think we'll all agree on that one, did you learn that while you were at Yale?

Shall I keep going?? If I knew he was joking then Bush would be just about the funniest person on the planet....but he's not. These don't read as gaffs to me, it's not like he made a mistake and then corrected himself, he really thinks Mexican is a language and Misunderestimated is a word, in fact he does it so often he HAS invented a word, it's called a "Bushism" defined as "a word or phrase unique to the style of President George W. Bush while speaking publicly and usually extemporaneously".

This is a gaff:

" I DO NOT BELIEVE WE'VE PUT A GUILTY... I MEAN INNOCENT PERSON TO DEATH IN THE STATE OF TEXAS."

-ALL THINGS CONSIDERED, NPR, JUNE 16, 2000

He said something stupid, then corrected himself. A gaff. As for the rest, these arn't slips of the tongue, they are the result of an ignorance of anything outside the American border and lack of general knowledge of a playschool level that a man with that much power really should have.

Therefore, stupid.

Edited by thebarman

rolleyes.gif

more public speaking gaffs

He said something stupid, then corrected himself. A gaff. As for the rest, these arn't slips of the tongue, they are the result of an ignorance of anything outside the American border and lack of general knowledge of a playschool level that a man with that much power really should have.

do you do much public speaking? he's a horrible public speaker, i'm not denying that, he usually stuffs up a word and will keep going, again, does this address his intelligence? NO

You even supported my claims by stating that Bush had an iq of 125 and a couple of degrees. Shocking public speaking skills maketh not ones intelligence (which is what i'm contending here, in response to your comments that Bush is stupid). I mean really, when you post the iq of 91 link, you yourself made a nice big mistake, you didn't even read the damn thing, you even had plenty of time to correct it yet you didn't, you weren't under the pressure of delivering a speech. By your own logic you are stupid, i don't think you are.

A fellow at Uni did a presentation on classical theory in criminlogy not to long ago, in addressing the audience he asked if we were all in 'agreeance', lets totally ignore the content, because he made up a word...he must be a moron. <-- that is the logic you are employing, i'm sorry, but i think that it is seriously flawed.

Edited by Kismit

Yes but your fellow at uni didn't make up a word, he got a word wrong. I'm sure afterwards he thought to himself "what an idiot that's not even a word". Bush doesn't, my last example there was that Bush made a gaff and the important thing being he corrected himself, he knew he'd said the wrong thing.

However it's not evident that Bush corrects himself on all those other occasions, that's the difference between what your friend did speaking in public, and what Bush does.

Afterwards, I'm sure your friend knew what he said was wrong, and I bet he'll never ask an audience if they are in "agreeance" again.

However, it's my belief that Bush genuinly doesn't know the difference. I agree with you that to say someone is a moron because they made up a word is seriously flawed, the point I'm trying to make is that Bush doesn't know he's making up words, he thinks he's using words that really do exist.

Bush's stupidity lies in his ignorance in not knowing he is wrong, something I suspect your friend is not guilty of.

However, it's my belief that Bush genuinly doesn't know the difference. I agree with you that to say someone is a moron because they made up a word is seriously flawed, the point I'm trying to make is that Bush doesn't know he's making up words, he thinks he's using words that really do exist.

a belief based on assumption

you can't possibly know what Bush is thinking...

hell, you even assume the fellow at Uni realised what he said isn't even a real word...

a belief based on assumption

you can't possibly know what Bush is thinking...

258058[/snapback]

What's wrong with a belief based on assumption? I tried to bring up this point earlier, based on what I know about Bush I believe that he is stupid, based on what you know about Bush you don't beleive he's stupid.

I can accept your opinion, but you require evidence to accept mine. I've given the evidence which IN MY OPINION, not yours, supports my claims. Whether you believe it to be evidence of stupidity or not is irrelevant because it's not your opinion I'm trying to support, it's mine.

You believe he's more intelligent than people give him credit for, that too is a belief based on your assumption that because he has a degree he is clever. I'm not really into conspiracy theories but I'm sure George senior had a little hand in that one.

hell, you even assume the fellow at Uni realised what he said isn't even a real word...

258058[/snapback]

Well yes, and what's wrong with that? Is that not correct? Did he have to wait until afterwards before someone pointed out that 'agreeance' isn't a word? If not, and 'agreeance' was actually in his speech notes then I'd argue that he too should not be President of the United States.

Edit: Man you don't give in do you! I respect that

Edited by thebarman

What's wrong with a belief based on assumption? I tried to bring up this point earlier, based on what I know about Bush I believe that he is stupid, based on what you know about Bush you don't beleive he's stupid.

i however wasn't making the assertion that Bush isn't stupid, you made the assertion Bush is stupid, you better back it up, simple.

I can accept your opinion, but you require evidence to accept mine. I've given the evidence which IN MY OPINION, not yours, supports my claims. Whether you believe it to be evidence of stupidity or not is irrelevant because it's not your opinion I'm trying to support, it's mine.

i wouldn't have given my opinion if someone hadn't asked for it.

I take exception to your evidence simply because it isn't indicative of being unintelligent.

For example, in criminology (hehe i keep uni up, but it really fits this discussion), some guy was doing a speech on Positivist Biological theory, he pretty much felt that IQ was indicative of whether or not you would become a criminal. (Similar, poor public speaking skills are indicative of lack of intelligence), when we discussed his assertions we felt that while IQ may indeed lend a hand, there are exceptions to the rule (ignoring that crime is a social constructt, and we aren't defining crime as simply an act which is harmful to society, heh) and that one simply can't make the assertion that because someone has a low IQ they are going to be a criminal.

To a creationist, it is in his opinion that the Bible is evidence that supports his claims, opinion of evidence is irrelevant, unless you can prove that poor public speaking skills are directly relating to ones intelligence, your arguement is flawed. I accept it is your opinion that Bush is stupid, just as i accept that it is Kent Hovinds opinion that evolution is a lie. Doesn't make either assertion correct.

You believe he's more intelligent than people give him credit for, that too is a belief based on your assumption that because he has a degree he is clever. I'm not really into conspiracy theories but I'm sure George senior had a little hand in that one.

ahh so his college (or whatever, i'm not american:P) is part of the Great Rightwing Conspiracy, much like George W avoiding Vietnam, when you can actually provide evidence, i'll listen. Oh and just to show that i'm not dodging your question, i beleive it on what evidence i have (if contrary evidence were to appear, i'll happily stop believing), he's rich, he has degrees, he's become a president. (Unless there is some huge conspiracy out there (which manages to cover its track) I see no reason for me to believe that he is as dumb as a plank with an iq of 91 or whatever you believe at the moment.

Well yes, and what's wrong with that? Is that not correct? Did he have to wait until afterwards before someone pointed out that 'agreeance' isn't a word? If not, and 'agreeance' was actually in his speech notes then I'd argue that he too should not be President of the United States.

ahhh this is what i mean, i'm not arguing whether or not he is fit to be President, that wasn't your assertion, you said Bush is stupid. This guy made up a word (or used a madeup word which doesn't actually exist, this bits kind of irrelevant) the fact is that we are given and see about as much information as we do when Bush gives a speech, this guy was incredibly smart, he knew his stuff off the back of his hand, he managed to speak about Classicism for nearly an hour, when i had trouble writing 2 pages for an essay (ahh i didn't study, so sue me), this guy is by no means dumb, yet gaff he did. Does that make sense?

Edit: Man you don't give in do you! I respect that

Uni student without a day job, what can you expect:)

i however wasn't making the assertion that Bush isn't stupid, you made the assertion Bush is stupid, you better back it up, simple.

258107[/snapback]

Yes you did, see:

my opinion of Bush is that he's allot smarter than people give him credit for

unless you can prove that poor public speaking skills are directly relating to ones intelligence, your arguement is flawed.

I already answered this, it is my belief that due to his constant errors and failure to correct himself on making a mistake that he beleives what he is saying is correct. Besides, many of those quotes are not from public speeches, some are from private interviews with reporters, surely his nerves would be at rest then?

ahh so his college (or whatever, i'm not american:P) is part of the Great Rightwing Conspiracy, much like George W avoiding Vietnam, when you can actually provide evidence, i'll listen. Oh and just to show that i'm not dodging your question, i beleive it on what evidence i have (if contrary evidence were to appear, i'll happily stop believing), he's rich, he has degrees, he's become a president.  (Unless there is some huge conspiracy out there (which manages to cover its track)  I see no reason for me to believe that he is as dumb as a plank with an iq of 91 or whatever you believe at the moment.

OK you got me, I can't prove he got a helping hand with his homework, but then if I could it wouldn't really be a conspiracy theory would it. If he is as intelligent as his qualifications would suggest then how come I've never heard him say something really intellectual? Perhaps you can find a quote that is.

ahhh this is what i mean, i'm not arguing whether or not he is fit to be President, that wasn't your assertion, you said Bush is stupid. This guy made up a word (or used a madeup word which doesn't actually exist, this bits kind of irrelevant) the fact is that we are given and see about as much information as we do when Bush gives a speech, this guy was incredibly smart, he knew his stuff off the back of his hand, he managed to speak about Classicism for nearly an hour, when i had trouble writing 2 pages for an essay (ahh i didn't study, so sue me), this guy is by no means dumb, yet gaff he did. Does that make sense?

Yeah it makes sense, but did he realise that he'd gaffed, that's my point. That's the difference between the two, realisation of our errors, Bush has had enough public speaking experience by now not to be "gaffing", yet he is.

Uni student without a day job, what can you expect:)

258107[/snapback]

Get a day job, then you can sit and post on UM all day and get paid for it too thumbsup.gif

I dont want to get in the middle of you 2 but I do want to say: How about you touch on other subjects... a person might not be good in english but still might be smart in other things, and still could have a high IQ.

There fools

Iran would be nothing more than a stinking pile of Ash after they attacked.

Dont they follow history... they should remember WW2...everyone knows how this story ends.

No one lays the smack down harder than The USA.

Ungrateful Iraqis no longer under saddam should remember what could of happened. Im sure the Military has a whole slew of new weapons they woudl like to try. Other nations should remember that if we dont annihilate them itsn ot Bc we couldnt its because our good graces allowed them to exist ( im talking about enemies not allies).

Sorry if i sounded a little gun ho! I merely get Irritated when people threaten my nation. I tend to talk with a little more fervor than usual.

Ungrateful Iraqis no longer under saddam should remember what could of happened. Im sure the Military has a whole slew of new weapons they woudl like to try.

259018[/snapback]

I'm sure the ungrateful Iraqis never noticed the Daisy Cutters, napalm, or the constant artillery attacks.

TOPIC

Iran Promises "80 Seconds Of Hell!"

258151[/snapback]

Point taken, I think I'll lay this one to rest now it's gone far enough