Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Iran Promises "80 Seconds Of Hell!"

Stellar

wizzing by all the people shooting at them?

hardly, i think they wizzed by because people weren't shooting at them, they weren't encountering heavy resistance.

Dude, CNN, Sky, BBC everyone had reporters in the military convy, reporting that people were firing on it but the tanks were just wanting to get to the cities. Reporters were even getting ambushed by the people as they came behind the convoys.

as for the 2nd point, i guess its a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't, disbanding the army caused problems, but by the same token, having them sitting around could also lead to some not so nice problems:)

And army will always support who pays its wages.

Crock! "Oh, I can't find job...I will now go be terrorist"....that is just daffy. 

Yet somewhat humerous. Leaving the military defenseless was the whole idea...duh....

Dude, if your unemployed in a war zone your suffering, and more likely to have agressions against the occupying force. And although most of who we're fighting now are Iranians, before them it was the Republican Guard and rogue military units we were fighting.

Edited by Talon S.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bathory

• Talon

• thebarman

• joc

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dude, CNN, Sky, BBC everyone had reporters in the military convy, reporting that people were firing on it but the tanks were just wanting to get to the cities. Reporters were even getting ambushed by the people as they came behind the convoys.

i said they weren't encountering heavy resistance...i didn't say no resistance...how do you deal with light resistance that is able to disolve back into the civilian population? because thats what they were going to have to deal with regardless.

And army will always support who pays its wages.

i bet

Dude, if your unemployed in a war zone your suffering, and more likely to have agressions against the occupying force. And although most of who we're fighting now are Iranians, before them it was the Republican Guard and rogue military units we were fighting.

Sorry, I momentarily had a lapse of reason and thought the Iraqi people were glad to have Sadaam gone.

i said they weren't encountering heavy resistance...i didn't say no resistance...how do you deal with light resistance that is able to disolve back into the civilian population? because thats what they were going to have to deal with regardless.

They were in the middle of the desert, this was before the gorilla warfare started.

I beg to differ, how can you say someone's ability as a public speaker is not an important factor in being a leader. How can you command respect in your subordinates if you make "Gaffs" like the one pictured? I think I've given enough eveidence that Bush is as thick as two planks and I'm sure if I reaserched it I could give a lot more, you yourself must know how many anti-Bush sites there are, but I think this thread has strayed way off topic already.

Just cuz you're not a good public speaker doesnt make you stupid. Just cuz you grab some binoculars and assume that the lenses are uncovered doesnt make you stupid, nor a bad leader. PPL get really low when they say he's stupid or he's a bad leader because he looked through binoculars and they were closed. Most people here at one point or another made a similar mistake.

Sorry kiddo but i asked for evidence showing that Bush was stupid as in, Bush lacks intelligence.

256837[/snapback]

Yes but you arn't prepared to accept that "Gaffs" in public count as a lack of intelligence where as I believe they do. He's got a business qualification, yet he comes out with this little beauty:

"IT'S CLEARLY A BUDGET. IT'S GOT A LOT OF NUMBERS IN IT."

-REUTERS, MAY 5, 2000

whether or not he is a capable leader is another thing.

256837[/snapback]

So does that mean you agree he isn't a capable leader?

I realise I supported your argument with the IQ/degree statement but then can you explain how someone who you say is "intelligent" keeps making so many stupid comments. I could quote stupid George Bush lines till I'm blue in the face but frankly I got bored searching through hundreds of corkers for one appropriate to my post.

I think you moved your own goalposts, what's the point of argueing whether someone is intelligent or not if it isn't in respect to their position. You're saying Bush is intelligent, I'm saying he isn't a good leader because he isn't intelligent.

Seriously now come on, do you REALLY REALLY honestly beleive that Bush is an intelligent man?

Really?

PS: And if you could try not to call me "kiddo" that would be appreciated...

Most people here at one point or another made a similar mistake.

256879[/snapback]

Yes I have, many times, but then most people here arn't President of the United States. You'd hope a man in his position would have a little more common sense than the average Joe.

Yes but you arn't prepared to accept that "Gaffs" in public count as a lack of intelligence where as I believe they do. He's got a business qualification, yet he comes out with this little beauty:

Thats because gaffs in public DOESNT count as a lack of intelligence and it shouldnt.

-REUTERS, MAY 5, 2000

Lol so he has a sense of humor! So what?

I'm saying he isn't a good leader because he isn't intelligent.

You've clearly pointed that he has an above average IQ...

Seriously now come on, do you REALLY REALLY honestly beleive that Bush is an intelligent man?

Yes, I do believe he's an intelligent man.

Most people here at one point or another made a similar mistake.

256879[/snapback]

Yes I have, many times, but then most people here arn't President of the United States. You'd hope a man in his position would have a little more common sense than the average Joe.

256882[/snapback]

How does it have anything to do with common sense? Common sense dictates that you arent using common sense. Who ever said you've gotta turn the binoculars around and carefully examin the ends to make sure theres no lenses each time you assume they're open? When he puts the binoculars to his eyes, he'll see that they're closed, and he'll open them. Theres nothing wrong with that. You're like the guy on another forum thats arguing that Bush is a bad president because he has a texan accent.

Yes, I do believe he's an intelligent man.

256883[/snapback]

Then you have my pity

How does it have anything to do with common sense? Common sense dictates that you arent using common sense.

Of course it does, I'm sorry if you find it strange that I think the most powerful man in the world should have common sense but I do. Quite frankly I find it strange that you will accept a leader that quite blatently has none.

You're like the guy on another forum thats arguing that Bush is a bad president because he has a texan accent.

Not really, I never mentioned his accent at all. There are far better reasons to argue whether he's fit to be President or not than which state he comes from.

Edited by thebarman

-REUTERS, MAY 5, 2000

Public speaking gaffs do not demonstrate ones intelligence, i've heard lecturers at uni stumble over various things, or in some cases simply say something stupid which makes sense but could have been worded a hell of allot better. Again, unless you can supply a context for that quote, its kind of meaningless, who was he talking to? was he making a joke? etc

So does that mean you agree he isn't a capable leader?

no, how would you get that from me saying

" whether or not he is a capable leader is another thing."

it is another thing, a totally different to what i was arguing, simple.

I realise I supported your argument with the IQ/degree statement but then can you explain how someone who you say is "intelligent" keeps making so many stupid comments. I could quote stupid George Bush lines till I'm blue in the face but frankly I got bored searching through hundreds of corkers for one appropriate to my post.

congratulations you managed to find public speaking gaffs, i guess you better bust my chops as well as anyone else who's said something dumb whilst public speaking, because we mustn't be particularly bright.

I think you moved your own goalposts, what's the point of argueing whether someone is intelligent or not if it isn't in respect to their position. You're saying Bush is intelligent, I'm saying he isn't a good leader because he isn't intelligent.

no no, i think its quite clear it was you who moved the goalposts, i contended your arguement that Bush was stupid, you then take the position that i'm arguing his abilities as a leader, totally different things. Sorry.

The problem is that you haven't demonstrated Bush isn't intelligent...you've shown he makes mistakes whilst public speaking, and from there you've said therefore he is unintelligent and therefore is a bad leader. Thats all well and good, but just before you said you supported my arguement citing bushes IQ and degrees, let me quote that "I realise I supported your argument with the IQ/degree statement ", so what is it? Bush is intelligent as demonstrated by IQ and qualifications, or Bush isn't intelligent as demonstrated by his crappy public speaking skills? FLIP FLOP FLIP FLOP, man Kerry should've picked you over Edwards..

And if you could try not to call me "kiddo" that would be appreciated...

rolleyes.gif i've got plenty of "insert word"os to go, bucko

since when did either public speaking or checking binoculors to see if their covers were on count as common sense? Next you'll be saying "OMG THE GUY DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO PROGRAM HIS VCR, BAD PRESIDENT"

Then you have my pity

when you fail to present facts, this is the second best option of attack, nice work KIDDO

There is a reason you know, ehy with exception of one of two individuals, every European on this site can't stand Bush.

I read the story, from beginning to end, there was not one single mention of nuclear weapons. "Missile" doesn't mean nuclear or unconventional weapons...why is everyone jumping to assumptions? Firstly, Iran does NOT have the ability to strike western targets from their position on the globe, they do NOT possess inter-continental ballistic missile technology. They do NOT possess submarine launched ballistic missile technology, nor vessel with which to deploy them. Their cruise missile technology, is rather backwards in regards to western nuclear powers, having only the range to attack a country no farther away than israel. Iran IS in the process of devolping atomic/nuclear weapons.....in process, this means they do not currently possess any nuclear weaponry. This revolutionary officer (or whatever hes meant to be) is bragging, with nothing to back his words up. I wouldn't worry about arabic unconventional attacks at the moment.

gorilla warfare

I hope you mean Guerilla warfare, somehow i don't see giant apes materilising from the desert battering coalition personnel with bananas before melting into the arabian night.....

I hope you mean Guerilla warfare, somehow i don't see giant apes materilising from the desert battering coalition personnel with bananas before melting into the arabian night.....

Whoppy-do, my spelling has never been that great outside of an marked essay tongue.gif

Edited by Talon S.

Who knows, maybe that is Iran's plan. To assault us with bananas.

Who knows, maybe that is Iran's plan. To assault us with bananas.

257224[/snapback]

I think that if Iran had a plan it would be linked to what happend in Russia. I don't see them trying a convential or nuclear war against any country.

I think that if Iran had a plan it would be linked to what happend in Russia.  I don't see them trying a convential or nuclear war against any country.

Or if they could set up supply line to the united states.

That would be the one of the best things in the world for the terrorists.

They don't have a problem getting over here. They just don't have the supplies to carry out missions.

Edited by Velikovsky

when you fail to present facts, this is the second best option of attack, nice work KIDDO

256910[/snapback]

Now how did I know that little chestnut was coming, I could of taken the third best option of attack and insulted you but if you read back you'll notice I never stooped to that level. You still haven't presented any arguement yourself, you haven't countered my posts, merely critisized them and resulted to petty name calling. I'd look at your own method of "attack" before you take potshots at mine - sport laugh.gif

Now how did I know that little chestnut was coming, I could of taken the third best option of attack and insulted you but if you read back you'll notice I never stooped to that level. You still haven't presented any arguement yourself, you haven't countered my posts, merely critisized them and resulted to petty name calling. I'd look at your own method of "attack" before you take potshots at mine - sport

you were the one making an assertion, i asked you to prove it, you prove the opposite and then change the arguement to something it wasn't...congratulations

you were the one making an assertion, i asked you to prove it, you prove the opposite and then change the arguement to something it wasn't...congratulations

257818[/snapback]

No, I was the one giving an opinion, my opinion is George Bush is a little on the thick side and your opinion is he isn't. I guess our standards of just how thick you have to be before you're considered thick differ somewhat.

Anyway, it's plain to see no amount of idiotic quotations or pictures will convince you he is dim, and nothing he's done in the past 4 years will convince me that he isn't so the arguement was futile from the start.

So I'll just carry on thinking what I want form across the pond, cringing at every time Mr Blair kisses Bush's butt, and you can carry on beleiving all the lies and propaganda safe in the knowledge that America is being led by a wise and noble man...

...then maybe, just maybe this thread can get back on topic.

Edited by thebarman

That was from one source, I think it was the National Geographic website.

I'm sure I could find one that says different...wait one second....

oh, here ya go:

George Bush IQ

See, wasn't hard, that one says he has an IQ of 91 - below average and therefore "Stupid".

I'm sure I could find a website proclaiming he's a genius if I looked, but I'd still say he was stupid.

you do realise the link you posted is debunking that claim?

keep digging

and just for the poor people who can't get the link working (i had trouble and had to google it up)

Comments:  You'd think Americans would have grown weary of "Bush is an idiot" jokes by now, but the popularity of this forwarded email suggests otherwise.

It's obviously satire, though in a few cases it has been posted around the Net as factual and, strange as it seems, hotly debated.

I have found no evidence of a "Lovenstein Institute" in Scranton, Pennsylvania or anywhere else. There's no trace of a "Dr. Werner R. Lovenstein, world-renowned sociologist" or "Professor Patricia F. Dilliams, world-respected psychiatrist" — not in this world, at any rate. All of the facts and figures appear to have been fabricated. Some versions of the text claim it was published by the Associated Press, which is certainly not the case.

The apparent source of this work of fiction was www.linkydinky.com, which is home, appropriately enough, to a humor mailing list.

oops nice gaff, you obviously must be stupid because you made a mistake!

Edited by bathory

You know bathory, i dont believe you actually think bush is intelligent, from all your previous posts i really believe youve just resorted to arguing for the sake of arguing when someone with a left wing attitude posts

I bet in the real world you think bush is a **** as well.

oops nice gaff, you obviously must be stupid because you made a mistake!

257860[/snapback]

Still resorting to the personal insults I see.

Yes I must be stupid, I made a mistake. So maybe I'm just as stupid as Bush, but then I'm not the Prime Minister or the President or the King so that really doesn't matter.

My point is, at best I could accept he is "average" but that's at a real push. I just don't think even an avarage man should be in his position.

I bet in the real world you think bush is a **** as well.

Don't we all, really.