Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is God Evil?

Beastly Decimal

Beautifully said, your post has given me a lot to think about. You seem so advanced in your thinking

Eh, it's not so advanced, smile. I was raised on a lot of Sci-Fi and even as an adult I've seen just about every major Sci-Fi thing out there. You grow up watching Trek early on you start to see the difference between a supposedly omnipotent being (Apollo, The Squire of Gothos, Q, Ra etc) and a being who actually may be a God. Humankind has always made it's "Gods" in it's own image. Human Gods nearly always look like something that humans can relate to, occasional animal heads notwithstanding. But when you think about it, really think about it, all those bad traits "God" is given, things like jealousy or the capacity for wrath, those are such base and human traits and it's unlikely for something as advanced as that which created us to be like that. We humans we project far too much of ourselves into what created us, I think.

I do believe in a Creator or Creators, but I draw the line when it comes to worship of "Gods" like Yaweh, Allah, etc. I've read their "holy books" and the more I read the more they seem like those supposedly omnipotent beings in Sci-Fi. All they want is more and more people on bended knee offering up praise and worship and anyone who doesn't fall in line and become one of their "children" gets threatened with damnation or similar.

Well, F that.

I can't just be atheist because basically it's illogical IMHO for there to be no ultimate creator. Something intelligent made us. Creation comes from something even if the source of all of this is just a random thought, something far larger than my mind can likely comprehend at present generated it originally. But to give it all these human traits, human motivations? Illogical, as a certain Vulcan would say. That's likely bringing "God" down to a closer level to ours and I don't think that's a thing we can do without that Creator becoming what we want it to be, rather than what it likely is, a being far too vast in scope for us to even be able to claim to understand it right now.

I think most human "Gods" and the religions they inspire, those are likely far inferior to the real thing. But that's all we can manage, those myths, for now, and they comfort us, so I guess some of us still need that in one way or another. To put a familiar face on "God." I personally prefer not to assume to know who "God" is. Maybe one day (when I die most likely) I will know, but I seriously doubt that when I do figure out that Being or Beings that the God that is taught in the mosque, the temple, the churches, will have much if anything to do with what ultimately created us.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GoldenWolf

• ItsaDollThang

• Setton

• Beastly Decimal

Top Posters In This Topic