Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

American Horror Story

Keel M.

I can't remember which episode it was but have you seen the one that reveals how he actually got burned?

Yes him and Tate .. He was creepy to look at before he got burned . I am up to were Vivian is about to have her baby. I have yet to watch that one .. There are more ghosts in that show than the living.. I wouldn't be surprised if the entire family just died too lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom

• 1 month later...

So what did you think of the rest of it BM?

And for anyone who's interested, Jessica Lange will be the main character in the second season.

We have designed the second season of American Horror Story completely around her [brand new] character,” Murphy tells EW.com. “This will really be the Jessica Lange show so I’m very excited about it. We are designing this amazing new opposite-of-the-Constance character for her.

http://www.tvline.com/2012/03/american-horror-story-jessica-lange-erica-durance-nbc-saving-hope/

Got to admit I don't even remember Paulson's character but am looking forward to Peter's again. So will Jessica and he be the total opposites this time? I'm so use to seeing the both so twisted lol.

It sounds like they'll be the total opposite. I can't find the link but Zachary Quinto is returning as well as Jessica Lange's "nemesis" apparently. I'm a but confused though, Murphy said there would be 4 actors returning but now I'm hearing of 5.

And for anyone who's interested, Jessica Lange will be the main character in the second season.

http://www.tvline.com/2012/03/american-horror-story-jessica-lange-erica-durance-nbc-saving-hope/

That's really interesting, thank you for posting that. My best friend and I are hooked on this show, I basically went to her house and demanded she put it on her dvr record list, and later, she's thanking me, lol. To be honest, I'm really lost on the direction the show is heading, so Jessica Lange is someone else entirely? That's kind of a bummer because she was great as Constance, but I guess they are just going to have a new story, new location each season, which is kind of a neat idea. I'm still excited to see what happens next season.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this post a few days ago and I couldn't reply because I had not watched the last two episodes at the time, I still had them recorded...So hope you can forgive my delay..As my review of the last couple of episodes contain spoilers.. I didn't know how to use the spoiler function...but I knew Nibs had posted spoilers in a previous post.. so I went in, and nabbed her quote that contained spoiler tabs...I copied and pasted her post with spoiler tabs and used them to post this review..... I still have no idea how you guys use the spoiler function lol

See below ...and brace yourself lol

I felt it was too much of a copy of old movies......For example - Where Vivian and Her hubby trying to scare away the new owners...killing each other in a gory way, that was so like the movie Beatlejuice .............. I always said the movie had a hint of Rosemary's baby in it...But this time last episode, pushed harder on The Omen ...Where the half human/ half beast child kils the nanny only in a more gore way.. Just like Damien did with his nanny in The Omen..minus the gore !!.......I know many shows and movies will nab ideas..but the trick is to not make it look that obvious......

I was also hoping and couldn't wait to be honest To see what happens to poor Moira the maid ..who longed for new owners to dig up the garden and revel her missing bones ..so she can be free once and for all........I thought all of those spirits were trapped in the house because their remains were kept there ...I thought Constance was behind most of it ....

I felt the gays could have done something to get revenge on Tate.. the little punk deserved it

I was hoping Vivian would see the body of not just Moira.. but the girl who her husband was seeing in the garden ....I guess wanted to see more drama lol

I thought it would have been more interesting.. If Tate.. knowing he was mental and very controlling, obsessive like he is with Violet...I thought there was going to be a twist...and we find that he made Violet think she was dead so she would not leave...She is shocked by this...and makes herself stay.. then she finds out he was lying... more trouble arises .. and she see's the Medium that Constance hires.. and steal a spell or ritual to rid Tate once and for all.....Which will lead Constance to crave the baby Vivian was having al the more.. Tates gone,

...I also wanted The gays to get part revenge on Tate.. I wanted al the kids , gays and others Tate killed to get surrounded and tortured beyond the grave.. It would have made my night to see that lol

I was hoping the young downs syndrome girl would return as a spirit and help the family beat the curse that the house had...and maybe just the husband got killed by the old GF he was seeing.. The mother and Violet get saved.. and she gets to keep at least one of the babies... Constance gets the other..

I guess in my mind I was expecting a lot....I hope none of you are annoyed with this review... Because I really respect you all - TheBigK, Tia, Chloe, Nibs and al the rest of my fellow Supernatural fans .......Actually come to think of it, if Sam and Dean where in that house. .they would have sorted them all out in no time lol tongue.gif

Edited by Beckys_Mom

I heard the gay ghost couple are coming back for season two as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this post a few days ago and I couldn't reply because I had not watched the last two episodes at the time, I still had them recorded...So hope you can forgive my delay..As my review of the last couple of episodes contain spoilers.. I didn't know how to use the spoiler function...but I knew Nibs had posted spoilers in a previous post.. so I went in, and nabbed her quote that contained spoiler tabs...I copied and pasted her post with spoiler tabs and used them to post this review..... I still have no idea how you guys use the spoiler function lol

See below ...and brace yourself lol

I felt it was too much of a copy of old movies......For example - Where Vivian and Her hubby trying to scare away the new owners...killing each other in a gory way, that was so like the movie Beatlejuice .............. I always said the movie had a hint of Rosemary's baby in it...But this time last episode, pushed harder on The Omen ...Where the half human/ half beast child kils the nanny only in a more gore way.. Just like Damien did with his nanny in The Omen..minus the gore !!.......I know many shows and movies will nab ideas..but the trick is to not make it look that obvious......

I was also hoping and couldn't wait to be honest To see what happens to poor Moira the maid ..who longed for new owners to dig up the garden and revel her missing bones ..so she can be free once and for all........I thought all of those spirits were trapped in the house because their remains were kept there ...I thought Constance was behind most of it ....

I felt the gays could have done something to get revenge on Tate.. the little punk deserved it

I was hoping Vivian would see the body of not just Moira.. but the girl who her husband was seeing in the garden ....I guess wanted to see more drama lol

I thought it would have been more interesting.. If Tate.. knowing he was mental and very controlling, obsessive like he is with Violet...I thought there was going to be a twist...and we find that he made Violet think she was dead so she would not leave...She is shocked by this...and makes herself stay.. then she finds out he was lying... more trouble arises .. and she see's the Medium that Constance hires.. and steal a spell or ritual to rid Tate once and for all.....Which will lead Constance to crave the baby Vivian was having al the more.. Tates gone,

...I also wanted The gays to get part revenge on Tate.. I wanted al the kids , gays and others Tate killed to get surrounded and tortured beyond the grave.. It would have made my night to see that lol

I was hoping the young downs syndrome girl would return as a spirit and help the family beat the curse that the house had...and maybe just the husband got killed by the old GF he was seeing.. The mother and Violet get saved.. and she gets to keep at least one of the babies... Constance gets the other..

I guess in my mind I was expecting a lot....I hope none of you are annoyed with this review... Because I really respect you all - TheBigK, Tia, Chloe, Nibs and al the rest of my fellow Supernatural fans .......Actually come to think of it, if Sam and Dean where in that house. .they would have sorted them all out in no time lol tongue.gif

Yeah, I thought of Beetlejuice and The Omen too haha. I kinda liked that though because I felt like it was an homage more than anything, and you don't really get to see that kind of stuff on TV shows very often. I also wish they would have given a little more closure with Moira. I felt so bad for her when she wanted to go with her mother, and when Larry found her skeleton and she was in the window crying. And Tate definitely deserved worse. I liked him as a villain, bad character, whatever you wanna call him, but when he killed the gay couple it went beyond trying to help the other ghosts in the house, and he started enjoying it. The whole thing with the fire-place poker was just creepy.

But yeah, I agree with all that you said. I wasn't really expecting more from it though, but that's only because I already knew the family wouldn't be coming back for a second season, and it would be a whole new story. There weren't many other options than killing them all off I guess. :P

I heard the gay ghost couple are coming back for season two as well.

Zachary Quinto is coming back to play someone new, but the other actor isn't. None of the same characters are returning.

Odd bit of news: Adam Levine from The Voice and Maroon 5 will be playing a character.

And here's something from EOnline:

Season two of American Horror Story will begin shooting in July and the writers came together in February to begin breaking story. While not much about season two was revealed, Murphy did say one thing viewers will never see on the show: “Our only rule on this show was no werewolves and no vampires. I think a supernatural element will always be a part of the show. We’re going to do something much more historically accurate.”

I also read in some article that it will be set on the East coast and in "a horror institution."

• 2 weeks later...

LOVE this show and I'm so glad we won't see any vampires on it..there are too many running amok in tv land as it is!

• 2 weeks later...

Ryan Murphy confirmed the second season will be set on the East coast in a mental institution for the criminally insane. Jessica Lange will be playing the woman who runs it.

I think this should be pretty awesome. Now I'm just wondering if it will be set in present time, or in the past. Because asylums were pretty horrific back in the day, so I imagine there will at least be a few flashbacks even if it's set in modern times.

Ryan Murphy confirmed the second season will be set on the East coast in a mental institution for the criminally insane. Jessica Lange will be playing the woman who runs it.

I think this should be pretty awesome. Now I'm just wondering if it will be set in present time, or in the past. Because asylums were pretty horrific back in the day, so I imagine there will at least be a few flashbacks even if it's set in modern times.

I thought they would build it around her new child? .. Either way, sounds interesting.. I will be watching... I have seen many haunting TV shows based in old mental hospitals..all freaky and because they used to be more barbaric in the day, I am sure they will use that to keep us watching

Edited by Beckys_Mom

• 2 months later...

I have watched this show from the 1st ep. It's trying to be a new version of American Gothic and it makes as much sense as AM did. NONE!

But where AM had a charismatic male bad guy lead in Sheriff Lucas Buck I'm still trying to work out who the male bad guy lead in AMH is.

A lot of it doesn't make sense but they're trying and I agree - it's good to see something without bloody vampires in it. Over that whole

freaking teenager scene.

The opening credits have photos from the Victorian Era. They would photograph dead children dressed up or being held by their parents which is how they're bringing the abortion doctor into the series.

Good on them. I'll keep watching.

It's one of mine favorite horror tv show. i am watching this from the starting of that show now watching these days' Never miss to watch it.

So glad to hear Jessica Lange will be back - will she still be Constance? I'm just wondering how they'll explain that Constance is now running a mental asylum. And will the evil kid be there too?

• 1 month later...

So glad to hear Jessica Lange will be back - will she still be Constance? I'm just wondering how they'll explain that Constance is now running a mental asylum. And will the evil kid be there too?

The creator has stated very adamantly that the returning actors will be playing completely different characters. The evil kid won't be there because it has absolutely nothing to do with the first season. I didn't like this idea at first, but I'm all for it now. It's a risky move that you don't ever see happening, but I think they'll be able to pull it off. We've seen that this show has great writing, and good scares so I don't think you can go wrong with an asylum for a horror/drama series.

Anyway, first teaser! I'm really excited.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZZ-GMJwcJVU[/media]

Asylum?

Oh well, since everyone's dead, I guess it's a logical step. But yes, I hope Jessica Lange is still there.

The creator has stated very adamantly that the returning actors will be playing completely different characters. The evil kid won't be there because it has absolutely nothing to do with the first season. I didn't like this idea at first, but I'm all for it now. It's a risky move that you don't ever see happening, but I think they'll be able to pull it off. We've seen that this show has great writing, and good scares so I don't think you can go wrong with an asylum for a horror/drama series.

Anyway, first teaser! I'm really excited.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZZ-GMJwcJVU[/media]

What was that she threw out of the bucket?........ I cannot tell if it was body parts or a little baby...? If it was a baby.. I wont be watching.. But it looked to me like she was luring something

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Hope you'll forgive me if this has already been addressed (I'm having a short attention span day so I haven't read the full thread), but can anyone tell me whether there's anyplace I can watch the entire first season online? Netflix doesn't have it yet. :no:<_<:angry:

Hope you'll forgive me if this has already been addressed (I'm having a short attention span day so I haven't read the full thread), but can anyone tell me whether there's anyplace I can watch the entire first season online? Netflix doesn't have it yet. :no:<_<:angry:

That Netflix is a load of pants ..We got it for Becky and a lot of the common shows we like are not on it.. Becky however can watch her old cartoon shows like Dora the explorer & Pingu ..

Here try this --> http://watchseries.eu/serie/american_horror_story

If not ..try this instead -> http://www.tv-links.eu/tv-shows/American-Horror-Story_27154/

I liked the first season..hope you enjoy it

What was that she threw out of the bucket?........ I cannot tell if it was body parts or a little baby...? If it was a baby.. I wont be watching.. But it looked to me like she was luring something

In the bucket that she doesn't dump it's a pig foot, or maybe some other barn animal. No idea what the other bucket is, but it looks black/greyish. I had a feeling it has something to do with abuse of patients, or maybe one of the patients did something that they had to clean up after. Luring is a good guess too, we'll just have to wait to find out.

I love the sig K! I wish they would have incorporated The tales of black freighter into the film better though.

Oh & I saw the Comedian on an episode oc Walker the other day.

Edited by Biff Wellington
  • Like 1

I love the sig K! I wish they would have incorporated The tales of black freighter into the film better though.

Oh & I saw the Comedian on an episode oc Walker the other day.

Thanks. :) Well they didn't incorporate it all did they? Which I can't really blame them for, it would have made the movie 5 hours long and people who didn't read it would have confused as hell. Did you watch the Black Freighter side movie thing that they made?

And yeah, Comedian gets around lol.

• Like 2

Yeah it was with my collector's DVD along with Under the Hood & the comic. All in all I'd say they did a great job on all three. However I actually liked how the film showed Rorshach screaming "You don't understand! I'm not locked in here with you! You're locked in here with me!" He so got boned in the end but he went downlike a man though. "Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never Compromise." I agree with him & his view on the Comedian.