Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Iraq to buy US warplanes worth $3 billion

jugoso

There's official US government documents saying that all Iraqi policy is made in Washington? Unless there is then this thread should be booted over to the Middle East section or the Conspiracy Theory section since aside from selling the planes there is no US connection to this story.

Oh good heavens above, do you honestly and really believe that all decisions made by the Iraqi governement - particuarly when it comes to defence, a military structure that was constructed by the U.S. from scratch - are completely independent, and they're able to do whatever they like without it being approved by Washington? do you really? Really and truly? :unsure2:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jugoso

• Space Commander Travis

• Corp

• Stardrive

Top Posters In This Topic

So you are implying that we spent billions, maybe even trillions, of dollars on a war so we could gain a profit of three billion dollars?

Sensible. :mellow:

You seem to not grasp how our governments work. Our governments (who are controlled by big business, especially when it comes to foreign policy) spend the money fighting the war - taxpayers money - and the rich elitist corporations and banks (primarily banks) get even richer through the repairs (not to mention the actual **** that causes destruction).

Then when the leaders of said governments move on, they are amply rewarded for their services to the elite (Tony Blair and both Bush's are prime examples, but it goes for pretty much any politician - seriously, look where they end up when they finish... Working for banks).

So it is entirely sensible.

Edited by expandmymind

I'd like to think not every government leader is that over the top evil. Bush was a massive tool but I don't think he was baby eating level of evil. Besides if the only goal was to sell military equipment they already had Afghanistan for that. No need to get involved in Iraq.

There's official US government documents saying that all Iraqi policy is made in Washington? Unless there is then this thread should be booted over to the Middle East section or the Conspiracy Theory section since aside from selling the planes there is no US connection to this story.

Man....you´re really hungup about thread placement! My point is that if you don´t look at all the preceding events that lead to such a decision then I guess you could say it was Iraq´s decision. However, if you do look at what actually occured to bring them to such a decision, I´ll quote 747400

"Oh good heavens above, do you honestly and really believe that all decisions made by the Iraqi governement - particuarly when it comes to defence, a military structure that was constructed by the U.S. from scratch - are completely independent, and they're able to do whatever they like without it being approved by Washington? do you really? Really and truly?

Oh good heavens above, do you honestly and really believe that all decisions made by the Iraqi governement - particuarly when it comes to defence, a military structure that was constructed by the U.S. from scratch - are completely independent, and they're able to do whatever they like without it being approved by Washington? do you really? Really and truly? :unsure2:

Oh silly me of thinking that a country other than the US could make up it's own mind about something. Clearly the US rules the world and everyone is their slave! :rolleyes:

747400 if you have a point just make it. This whole coy thing is silly.

Oh silly me of thinking that a country other than the US could make up it's own mind about something. Clearly the US rules the world and everyone is their slave! :rolleyes:

c´mon Corp. If you are trying to deny that the US hasn´t been the number one factor in determining Iraqi foreign policy since the invasion er...I mean liberation, then you really should be posting in the conspiracy theory.

Let me just make it a little clearer how i feel that this issue is relevent to the US thread.

About 10+ years ago Iraq and the US were bitter enemies. I believe there was a boycott that not only included weapons but also basic essentials. Then the US invades the county, let´s it sit in chaos for a bit, installs their dictator and sets a mandatory date for "democratic elections" Ten years later, Iraq is buying $3,000,000,000 of warplanes from the US. (And I´m not even going to bother to list all of the other lucrative contracts paid over this time).

Does something not seem right in this scenario?

The only part of this that belongs in the conspiracy theory is just what the **** does iraq need with 36 war planes? At least they waited a few months and threw a third of the money at their hungry citizens. Nice to know they have their priorites in line.

747400 if you have a point just make it. This whole coy thing is silly.

If I have a point just say it? I thought I'd said it clearly enough, hadn't I. The present Iraq government, surely you must concede this, owes its existence to the U.S. and the point of deposing Saddam was to establish a reliable U.S. ally in the Gulf. Therefore, surely, the Iraqi government wouldn't carry out any military action without the say-so of the U.S. Therefore this topic is very much relevant to the U.S., since Iraq is very much a device of U.S. foreign policy.

Can i make it any more clearer than that?