Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

‘Alien fireball’ blamed for wrecking

ExpandMyMind

Local people are blaming a ‘fireball’ for causing mayhem on the edge of Buenos Aires, wrecking several buildings, killing a woman and injuring many others.The cause of the powerful blast has not been identified and remains enveloped in mystery.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lysippos

• bouncer

• ExpandMyMind

• TheMcGuffin

Well, that was painfully slow in crashing, wasn't it? NASA denied that it was any debris from the crashed satellite, but their first instinct is always to deny everything, least Congress and the American sheeple become upset.

So far, they just seem to have a lot of speculation about whether this was part of a natural or unnatural object.

Argentina is also one of my favorite countries, by the way. Nice people down there in Latin America, but generally rotten political and economic systems--not that we're all that much better up here.

NASA, saying all the truth? :ph34r: Is that even possible? I think this fall too much well with the satellite that had to crash recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPOKahenKRw&NR=1

Edited by Bildr

The video of the 'fireball' looks like a windblown contrail to me. It certainly isn't moving at fireball speeds, if at all. Also, this is supposed to have happened at 2AM local, but look how light the sky is. Something obviously happened, but the details are obscured by sloppy - not to say fictitious - reporting.

Edited by PersonFromPorlock

Evidently one person was killed and six injured when the fireball hit the house.

I love that little tidbit added by Stephen Hawking's wife at the end of the vid!

Ok, I know, not a joking matter. Although, I do laugh at the face of death!

This looks like a parachute flare to me.Drifting with the wind and falling slowly.I do not think that this flare would cause any damage except start a fire if still burning.

I think this is nothing to do with the explosion nd could have been filmed anywhere.

Ive read one news story that a gas pizza-oven exploded, and the below news (same link and right at the bottom of the page) claims it may have been a gas cannister, no fireball from the sky though

snip: "Government officials tend to believe the cause of the blast was far more prosaic than the rumored fireball from the sky. More likely, they say, is that its source was simply a poorly-connected domestic gas canister.

The real cause of the blast in the Argentinean town has yet to be determined. Meanwhile, the author of the video showing the mysterious sky object changed his story under questioning and is now charged with providing false testimony".

Edited by bouncer

Have they found any debris?

One of the eye witnesses claimed to have seen a blue fireball. Also it smelled like gunpowder.

...St. Elmo's Fire is said to be blue in colour.

The crash is a mystery though.

(sorry there isn't any sound)

More on this

As severeal have said, i think we can blame a meteorite for this.

Witnesses decribes a blue fire ball and the smell of gun powder? Shound pretty much like a meteorite is the cause.

:D

...St. Elmo's Fire is said to be blue in colour.

So is the gas from a canister!! If a meteorite, why no crater and 'bits' of the meteor??

lets hope for once the news is worthy and something mysterious did fall from the sky, (hope that is while remembering someone died..), I shall do some searching for a more current story later, off to work now

Edited by bouncer

Seems to be something missing in this one, where is the item that caused the so called crash? If it was debris and I dont think it was because the satellite came down thousands of miles away there should be something left of what caused it? My 1st take is a gas stove explosion, the facts dont add up yet to anything but that. Sounds to me like a hose blew up so they make the gigantic leap it must have been the satellite? I smell fiction here.

Ive read one news story that a gas pizza-oven exploded, and the below news (same link and right at the bottom of the page) claims it may have been a gas cannister, no fireball from the sky though

snip: "Government officials tend to believe the cause of the blast was far more prosaic than the rumored fireball from the sky. More likely, they say, is that its source was simply a poorly-connected domestic gas canister.

The real cause of the blast in the Argentinean town has yet to be determined. Meanwhile, the author of the video showing the mysterious sky object changed his story under questioning and is now charged with providing false testimony".

This is the correct story. It was just a bad connection from a gas valve to an oven.

So is the gas from a canister!! If a meteorite, why no crater and 'bits' of the meteor??

lets hope for once the news is worthy and something mysterious did fall from the sky, (hope that is while remembering someone died..), I shall do some searching for a more current story later, off to work now

Iron meteorite?

But yes is strange that no meteorite have been found, yet. But its really hard to determine the cause until we have a lot more information on this account.

Edited by Scepticus

comet elenin?

No.

Comet Elenin will not come closer to Earth than 35 million kilometers, on Oct 16th 2011. Thats more than 90 times the distance to the moon.

a metorite would have fallen way to fast to have appeared as a fire ball in the sky. More likely it was a gas explosion, and what is being filmed in the air is smoke from that inital explosion.

a metorite would have fallen way to fast to have appeared as a fire ball in the sky.

Hahaha.

So so untrue.

To me it doesn't look like fire, it looks more like smoke - possibly from an explosion on the ground - that is drifting slowly through the air while the sun from beyond the horizon is making it appear brighter. If you'll notice in the video, you can see that the sky gets slightly brighter the closer you look to the horizon.

Also, the contrail explanation could possibly have explained it (it having been also altered by the sun beyond the horizon), if it were not for the fact that people on the ground seem to have been injured.

Edited by expandmymind

To me it doesn't look like fire, it looks more like smoke - possibly from an explosion on the ground - that is drifting slowly through the air while the sun from beyond the horizon is making it appear brighter.

yeh but which one are you talking about? The bottom 2 or 3 lines on the link you posted states:

"The real cause of the blast in the Argentinean town has yet to be determined. Meanwhile, the author of the video showing the mysterious sky object changed his story under questioning and is now charged with providing false testimony".

So does this rule out his vid or what?

I couldn't find any news stories about this at all today, not even to confirm or deny that it was a meteorite, gas explosion or anything else.

Someone did get a picture of it:

Buenos-Aires-Fireball.gif

It destroyed two houses and some cars, leaving one dead and six injured, and gave off a smell like gunpowder.

http://www.blippitt.com/buenos-aires-argentina-fireball-video/My link

Edited by TheMcGuffin

Did anyone read the article under the vid?

The real cause of the blast in the Argentinean town has yet to be determined. Meanwhile, the author of the video showing the mysterious sky object changed his story under questioning and is now charged with providing false testimony.

+14

Just my 2 cents.

Did anyone read the article under the vid?

Just my 2 cents.

yep I did, I pointed that out x 2 already!! Its frustrating tho as no news updates seem to have been posted so far

I did find however:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/americas/argentine-explosives-experts-probe-fatal-blast-witnesses-describe-fireball-from-sky/2011/09/26/gIQAjxPQzK_story.html