Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] what is the most annoying thing ever!?

aNoNymOus XO

So i dont know about you but there are hella things that annoy me that people do or say.

tell me what annoys you?

i hate when people use sayings like "thats how the cookie crumbles" or "slow as a mo fo" who said they are slow?

i also hate when people interupt me when i am speaking, seriously your not going to explode if you dont say what is in your brain at that very moment!

• Like 1

Really, really, really bad (or loud, or obnoxious) commercials that you just can't seem to get away from...

The phrase "Don't Disrespect me" - (using Disrespect as a verb)... You CAN NOT disrespect something... You can SHOW disrespect, you can BE disrespectful, but you CAN NOT disrespect something... :td: (Like fingernails on a chalk board to me...)

Public speakers who say "Here is someone who needs no introduction.." and then proceeds to talk for thirty minutes introducing them!!!

People who type out messages (or emails or other types of documents) and use a lot of silly needless parentheses (this really gets me!!!)...

Really, really, really bad (or loud, or obnoxious) commercials that you just can't seem to get away from...

The phrase "Don't Disrespect me" - (using Disrespect as a verb)... You CAN NOT disrespect something... You can SHOW disrespect, you can BE disrespectful, but you CAN NOT disrespect something... :td:(Like fingernails on a chalk board to me...)

Public speakers who say "Here is someone who needs no introduction.." and then proceeds to talk for thirty minutes introducing them!!!

People who type out messages (or emails or other types of documents) and use a lot of silly needless parentheses (this really gets me!!!)...

Just... pointing that out...

Edited by Dredimus

Smokers!!! I have a hard time not going crazy when I walk and every second person blows smoke in my face.

I am twitching just thinking about it.

People who too easily buy into anything without doing even a bit of research (The facebook chain letters, spider myths, the list goes on).

Chickens. I really mean it. Aside from tasting like everything, they are messy, noisy and when I look at them, I know they are planning something. I think one day they will revolt, opening up KFH (Kentucky Fried Human). I really don't like them. *

*I do not think chickens are advanced at all, they will not revolt. I just really hate the little buggers.

• Like 1

The glorification of stupidity. There are so many people who are proud or completely comfortable without knowing basic things and have no drive whatsoever to find them out.

Also, anyone who ever says, "It's too long to read," when faced with anything over a paragraph long.

• Like 1

Cashiers who want to strike up a conversation with me about something I am buying. When I usually go shopping I know what I am going for and I just want to buy the isht and get out. I'm not there to chit chat with the strange cashier who is scopin' out my goods and trying to form some connection with me.

:huh: "Look. I don't know you and I don't want to talk about why this brand of tampon is better than other brands. You freak me out." :huh:

• Like 1

The glorification of stupidity. There are so many people who are proud or completely comfortable without knowing basic things and have no drive whatsoever to find them out.

Also, anyone who ever says, "It's too long to read," when faced with anything over a paragraph long.

:tsu: Oh yeah, these same blithe fools use their ignorance to pass the harshest judgements on others they know absolutely nothing about too, ignorance is a big cause of wars, bigotry and general hatreds IMO - :hmm:

People who seem to INSIST on driving slow in the left lane on the freeway. In my state, it's illegal to drive in the left lane unless you're passing, even if you're doing the speed limit or more. Left-lane lollygaggers make my head explode. I don't CARE if you're already doing 70, if you're not passing someone MOVE!

The other thing that freaks me out are the free newspaper, phonebook, and advertising people who throw rolled up newspapers (that I don't subscribe to) fliers and books in my driveway. First of all, this is freaking SEATTLE, not Phoenix, it rains here 360 days a year and your "newspaper" is now a coagulating mass of pulp right in my driveway that I now have to find a way to clean up. Secondly, if it's NOT raining (rare) I have to walk down a long driveway to get that paper and throw it away in the can 5ft from the paper laying on my driveway. When I get out of my car, my arms are generally loaded up with stuff I'm bringing into the house, I CAN'T go out and pick up garbage; I have to make a damn second trip down the driveway. I've tried calling these people and insisting they desist, but they don't. I'm of half a mind to start throwing it all back out into the middle of the street. Maybe the city will get mad enough to ban people from essentially littering in my driveway.

Edited by MissMelsWell

When you start dreaming and the dream is really interesting, but then you wake up and you can't remember what you were dreaming about.

That and how high school teachers treat you like you're in preschool. Seriously, you have no right to call students your "babies." Yes, this has happened before.

Metal scraping against plastic...

The most annoying thing to me is drunk people. :wacko:

• Like 1

People who turn around in the middle of a conversation just to talk to someone else for whatever reason.

Guys who try to make their d**** grow by listening to really loud music 24/7. Oh and by loud I mean shaking my apartment's windows when they drive by.

People who use religion to justify everything they do.

Edited by Lcvec

When my hands are wet and i am forved to touch paper (HATE IT)

It irks me when i see or meet a hypocrite :rolleyes:

Another annoying thing is when (this always happens to me) you get into a heated discussion and the person you are talking to just abruptly ends what they were saying and replys "You win" with a smug look on their face.Just because you cant continue any further in the debate dosnt give you the right to stick your toungue out and act like a spoiled child :rolleyes:

I find it annoying when a girl goes out of her way to make a scene when she sees a spider half the size of a quarter :rolleyes:

I added the little smiley because its exactly what i do when in any of the above situations

People who use a 'd' instead of 'th'..like saying/typing dat instead of that.

People who type/text using a 'q' as a 'g'

The word hella..lol sorry sis :)

PeOpLe WhO tYpE/tExT lIkE tHiS!!!!

or liike thiis.

People who insist on pulling out in front of me and driving two miles an hour.

Anything my mom does.

Smokers.

..there's a lot more but I can't think of them right now. <_<

People who seem to INSIST on driving slow in the left lane on the freeway. In my state, it's illegal to drive in the left lane unless you're passing, even if you're doing the speed limit or more. Left-lane lollygaggers make my head explode. I don't CARE if you're already doing 70, if you're not passing someone MOVE!

i have to agree with you there. i hate it when i am driving and people a dawdling away, in their own little world doing 10 clicks under the speed limit, in the right hand lane (australia). if you can't do the speed limit, are too scared to do it. don't drive. get a bus, get a train or a taxi. heck.. hitch a ride, just pull into the left hand lane so the traffic can flow along.

people who can't merge, or don't want to. when driving in the country, behind someone who again isn't doing the 110 kmh more like 80.. then when it gets to the overtaking lane and then they speed up drives me bonkers. then to add insult to injury, they slow back down again.

people who can't or don't indicate.

the idiots that live in my area who think it's a real trick by riding their motorcycles full speed past my house. it's a residencial street. slow down you morons.

telemarketers. bugger off.

people who come into my business, speaking loudly on their mobile and make me wait till they finish their most important conversation till i can serve them. i now tell them how rude they are.

finding a pube on your soap, and know it's not yours.. most unattractive

People who use my stuff without asking me first. It annoys me beyond grief!

Kids who behave like douches on the internet, on purpose, or use bad grammar on purpose.

People opening my closets or booths and checking what's inside or taking stuff out.

it annoys me when people dont understand something i truly feel they should

it annoys me when i have to repeat myself

it annoys me when someone asks me the same question twice just in different ways.

it annoys me when you make a mess in the kitchen and cant clean your dish

People who use a 'd' instead of 'th'..like saying/typing dat instead of that.

People who type/text using a 'q' as a 'g'

The word hella..lol sorry sis :)

PeOpLe WhO tYpE/tExT lIkE tHiS!!!!

or liike thiis.

People who insist on pulling out in front of me and driving two miles an hour.

Anything my mom does.

Smokers.

..there's a lot more but I can't think of them right now. disgust.gif

nice real nice sissy! you know i write lIkE THiis! and i started the thred saying hella lol good job im going to get youback for that. it annoyed me! ;) (jk) I LOVE YOU!!:wub:

*highfives* i like the mom thing. you know my mom is a pain in my deep inner intestine! rofl

your you're

there their they're

also grammar nazis

it ANNOYS me when people correct my grammer. this is not a test! i am not being graded! your your your your your your !!!! there their there their there their!!! I AM THE GRAMMAR NAZIS!

:P;):geek::rofl:

• 4 weeks later...

The most annoying thing to me is drunk people. :wacko:

I would also like to add:

I can't stand it when PeOpLe tYpE lIkE ThIs ( i know it's been said before but I agree on that one.}

I can't stand people who think they know anything and everything.

I hate it when I tell/beg my husband not to do something and he does it anyway on purpose

I get so annoyed and frustrated when i can't find stuff. Crap disappears all the time!

It annoys me when my husband playing video games for hours on end.

It annoys me when people are talking while I am trying to read.

I have to have my movie collection in a certain order and when it's not in order (usually cause my husband doesn't care)I get very annoyed and have to sit there and put them in the right order.

I hate it when I misspell words.

It annoys me when my mother yells at me.

It annoys me when I try to wake my husband up and he's always like 10 more min. And 10 min later I go to wake him up and he wants 10 more min. ugh..

White noise really annoys me. I can't stand it!!

Big long lines annoy me, especially when I have one item and the person in front of me has like 67 items!

It's annoying when people talk behind my back.

I find vampires annoying

It annoys me when I can't get a word in edgewise

That's all I can think of for now.

Edited by Disembodied Voice

People who do exactly the speed limit in the overtaking lane....Sitting next to a car in the left hand lane...

Rageface

People who feel the need to speak at almost yelling volumes when talking(both in person and on the phone).

• Like 1

Tone deaf people at work who sing along to the radio all day disgust.gif grrrr. Don't mind when it's in tune but there are some people, oh well you know.

People who hog the right hand lane (we drive on the opposite of the road down under).

When every light turns red as I approach it.

When people come to a dead stop at giveway signs and roundabouts and "give way" to the empty road for the next 10 seconds.

When people stop suddenly in shopping malls and you are walking just behind them - they are usually 3 or 4 abreast too.

People who cut in line anywhere.

Being given advice when I never asked for it.

My vacuum cleaner, the cord has a life of it's own and is determined to trip and kill me.:angry:

People who don't stop for breath when they talk and cut me off when I eventually try to say like 3 words.

People who tell me I'm a good listener - I'M NOT THEY JUST WON'T SHUT UP LONG ENOUGH FOR ME TO TELL THEM TO SHUT UP :w00t: .

When you wash your car and it rains, then you hit the freeway and a passing truck sprays you with mud. Also when it rains after I hung the clothes out to dry.

The weather bureau - how hard can it be to get it right after all these years?

Telemarketers, door knockers and sales people just about anywhere who work on commission.