Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mayan Secrets to Be Revealed

bouncer

cant wait to find more on this one!

Mayan Secrets to Be Revealed by Mexican Government

"Revelations of the Mayans 2012 and Beyond," currently in production, will claim the Mayans had contact with extraterrestrials, producer Raul Julia-Levy revealed to TheWrap.

"Mexico will release codices, artifacts and significant documents with evidence of Mayan and extraterrestrial contact, and all of their information will be corroborated by archaeologists," said Julia-Levy, son of actor Raul Julia.

Now please READ the article...mexican disclosure??

http://news.yahoo.com/mayan-film-documentary-claims-proof-aliens-183325515.html

Thank goodness this is finally coming out. I live in the Yucatan. I know all this. Its fact here. Ive been fighting on so many forums here against people who sit in their homes on their computers and make statements of things they have no idea about. So many negative naysayer have made people feel stupid, like harte, jaylemurph, question mark and more, now you will finally see what I'm talking about. I started a thread on ancient civilizations just to be destroyed by nerds of the internet. Pakal is proof enough but here comes the good stuff!!!

Whats all this I hear about Mayan`s Mayan thought is that they all bailed across the border when they heard that there taxes and heads were on the choppin block ! :innocent:

I would of bailed too !

The true Mayans were well gone before the spaniards EVER got here.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DONTEATUS

• psyche101

• bouncer

• ShadowSot

Thank goodness this is finally coming out. I live in the Yucatan. I know all this. Its fact here. Ive been fighting on so many forums here against people who sit in their homes on their computers and make statements of things they have no idea about. So many negative naysayer have made people feel stupid, like harte, jaylemurph, question mark and more, now you will finally see what I'm talking about. I started a thread on ancient civilizations just to be destroyed by nerds of the internet. Pakal is proof enough but here comes the good stuff!!!

It does not seem to be the common consensus with all Mayans. Maya glyph expert Ian Graham said: "Well I certainly don't see any need to regard him as a space man. I don't see any oxygen tubes. I see a very characteristically drawn Maya face"

I have not had many conversations at all with harte, jaylemurph or question mark, but I have seen their posting, and I know they tend to back their information soundly.

Pakal as an astronaut has more to do with Daniken than space. You do not need to be a Yucatan resident to know that. And you do not need to be a Yucatan resident to know Daniken was a full of it.

I don't think too much will differ here from the AC threads to be perfectly honest. Ancient Astronauts rear their ugly heads every now and then, no claim stands to scrutiny though.

The true Mayans were well gone before the spaniards EVER got here.

And those that remained had their minds wiped? Or were they fake Mayans that remained?

Well the movie will be either informative or be a good laugh. We will just have to watch it and decide then. :tu:

It does not seem to be the common consensus with all Mayans. Maya glyph expert Ian Graham said: "Well I certainly don't see any need to regard him as a space man. I don't see any oxygen tubes. I see a very characteristically drawn Maya face"

I have not had many conversations at all with harte, jaylemurph or question mark, but I have seen their posting, and I know they tend to back their information soundly.

Pakal as an astronaut has more to do with Daniken than space. You do not need to be a Yucatan resident to know that. And you do not need to be a Yucatan resident to know Daniken was a full of it.

I don't think too much will differ here from the AC threads to be perfectly honest. Ancient Astronauts rear their ugly heads every now and then, no claim stands to scrutiny though.

And those that remained had their minds wiped? Or were they fake Mayans that remained?

Its all the Peyote they were all using ! Its sends a crossed info-link to the cortex ! THats what kept all those heads rolling ! :wacko:

Its all the Peyote they were all using ! Its sends a crossed info-link to the cortex ! THats what kept all those heads rolling ! :wacko:

:D It sure looks that way! There is Aliens in Peyote I am sure. In fact, I thought when you place the image of Pakal (the Mayan Astronaut) in the portrait position as opposed to the landscape position that he looks like he is lounging on a throne of some sort smoking something.

lid.jpg

:D It sure looks that way! There is Aliens in Peyote I am sure. In fact, I thought when you place the image of Pakal (the Mayan Astronaut) in the portrait position as opposed to the landscape position that he looks like he is lounging on a throne of some sort smoking something.

lid.jpg

In landscape looks like hes at a workbench or in a motorcycle riding position. But I think it should be viewed as portrait.... as his hair...hangs DOWN that way.

Apparently Von Daniken made his leap of a conclusion that this was an astronaut depiction as he saw 'stars' in the picture/glyph. And a breathing device on his nose.

Well.... I get xmas cards that show a rotund man in a red suit and hood, and long white beard... flying thru the air with reindeer pulling his flying 'ship'.... he has a back pack on too. And of course he's flying thru the sky with STARS visible!!!!!!!!

so using Von Danikens logic then, Santa ... really is an ancient astronaut, in a 'space suit with hood' ...strong space-proof boots...and with a breathing device (portrayed as a tash & beard) and a back-pack containing his life support systems! Sitting in a flying device.

And as hes in a flying device...the 'ancients' used imagery of reindeer pulling his spaceship thru the stars....

Of course the pic does need to have the reindeer.... as the ancients who worshipped this guy.... couldn't imagine how to draw an engine...or understand how it flew. The reindeer also have antennae on their heads of course

ha!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_astronauts#Erich_von_D.C3.A4niken

Edited by bouncer

LMAO! Von Daniken and the AA bunch....they sure is a funny buncha folks!

I never saw the connection with Pakal even when they tried to make it "obvious" and then...them showing the warrior statues in full head-dress (with nose clips) and calling it a space helmet...well that was too much...and of course the golden sculptures of flying fish that they say are "supposed" to be interpreted as delta wing fighters.... :wacko:

I really wish there was a great "thing" going to be revealed...a literal "apocalypse"...(which means "unveiling" btw) but I do not believe it's going to come and I especially doubt it's going to be ET related if and when it does.

LMAO! Von Daniken and the AA bunch....they sure is a funny buncha folks!

I never saw the connection with Pakal even when they tried to make it "obvious" and then...them showing the warrior statues in full head-dress (with nose clips) and calling it a space helmet...well that was too much...and of course the golden sculptures of flying fish that they say are "supposed" to be interpreted as delta wing fighters.... :wacko:

I really wish there was a great "thing" going to be revealed...a literal "apocalypse"...(which means "unveiling" btw) but I do not believe it's going to come and I especially doubt it's going to be ET related if and when it does.

hehehe thanks... glad someone found some mirth in my take on VD ...sorry erm, I meant Von Daniken :yes:

You know - for the time frame when he wrote that book, it was all quite interesting, I remember we had a copy in our house but I was to young to be interested in reading anything other than my comics, which in retrospect may not have been so different. He did raise some thoughts though, and made a mint out of the worldwide sales which does say something for the books impact. But the 70's were all about psychics and paranormal stuff anyway, and without the web to communicate and discuss and theorise and debunk I guess a lot of folk swallowed it hook line and sinker. At least in one sense... he got out there and introduced the world to some big mysteries, he just unfortunately thought he found all the answers too.

Thats the GREAT thing about our world...it has mysteries still, even with our understanding and current knowledge, theres plenty we haven't a clue about....

HA HA HA HA HA look at those silly ancient Mayans!

No...bouncer is right...Von Dani came along at the right time with an idea and hit a nerve with an impressionable age group...at the time...and that is...well...crazy haired dude's generation. I admit...it was fun to think about...when the world seemed huge to us and anything was possible...I actually went to the movies to see "Chariots of the Gods"....yeah...but even then...I was like..."wait a minute"

So...good or bad...I have had an ounce of reservation in me as far back as I can remember...I do believe it is within us to do amazing things and as to date... inexplicable things...but I don't buy into little aliens building our historical monuments and teaching us to stack rocks and make fire....sorry...

In landscape looks like hes at a workbench or in a motorcycle riding position. But I think it should be viewed as portrait.... as his hair...hangs DOWN that way.

Good pickup! Yes, I assumed Von Daniken was going with the portrait view, like those speederbikes they have in Star Wars

SWSpeederBike.gif

Apparently Von Daniken made his leap of a conclusion that this was an astronaut depiction as he saw 'stars' in the picture/glyph. And a breathing device on his nose.

I agree, quite a leap, the breathing device, at first glance, I took for smoke.

Well.... I get xmas cards that show a rotund man in a red suit and hood, and long white beard... flying thru the air with reindeer pulling his flying 'ship'.... he has a back pack on too. And of course he's flying thru the sky with STARS visible!!!!!!!!

so using Von Danikens logic then, Santa ... really is an ancient astronaut, in a 'space suit with hood' ...strong space-proof boots...and with a breathing device (portrayed as a tash & beard) and a back-pack containing his life support systems! Sitting in a flying device.

And as hes in a flying device...the 'ancients' used imagery of reindeer pulling his spaceship thru the stars....

Of course the pic does need to have the reindeer.... as the ancients who worshipped this guy.... couldn't imagine how to draw an engine...or understand how it flew. The reindeer also have antennae on their heads of course

ha!

More proof of that rotund fellow! -LINK :D

I love this thread ! Von-Dani ! Smoke filled temples, Flying Sky-schooters and the like ! No wonder the Mayans had the heads a rollin !

If we could only build a time machine and go back and see !

Where`s Mr. Peabody when you need him ?

Ive actually been to several Mayan ruins and looked very closley at the carvings in the temples. I only see that they were very into Head Choppin !

And Jaguar Lovin,Pot smoking ! and Serious War Lording !

"Runs around Looking for the Way-Back machine !"

Edited by DONTEATUS

I love this thread ! Von-Dani ! Smoke filled temples, Flying Sky-schooters and the like ! No wonder the Mayans had the heads a rollin !

If we could only build a time machine and go back and see !

Where`s Mr. Peabody when you need him ?

Ive actually been to several Mayan ruins and looked very closley at the carvings in the temples. I only see that they were very into Head Choppin !

And Jaguar Lovin,Pot smoking ! and Serious War Lording !

"Runs around Looking for the Way-Back machine !"

hehehe..

But seriously, that's cool to have been there, but was anything in your opinion, anomalous/weird etc? Id love to travel places like that and maybe will one day..if I can only win the lottery I expect tho...

Interesting news article, though one part smells just a tad fishy:

Luis Augusto Garcia Rosado, the minister of tourism for the Mexican state of Campeche, said new evidence has emerged "of contact between the Mayans and extraterrestrials, supported by translations of certain codices, which the government has kept secure in underground vaults for some time."

The bold is my touch, it seems just like certain California towns that live off of the Jackalope, Bigfoot (bigfeet?) and other oddities. Tourism = big bux.

Edit: I am stupid. More reading makes it pretty clear that the writer of the news article doubts this as well. It does look like a publicity stunt, no?

I live here in the yucatan, it's true stuff, the only thing fishy is naysayers, they don't have any first Hand reference to see for themselves, can't wait!

Pretty much. There are few that still practice the same beliefs as the ancient mayans. These people still live in the jungles and have little contact to the outer world.

:D

Man, where u get your info, most civ's around here are fully in contact with the rest of the area. The knowledge is the real Mayans disappeared before the spaniards got here, these"Mayans who are here noe, just took over the are from Merida and west. They use the name for tourism. It took a white guy to decipher the hero glyphs these guys didn't know how.

ha!

This was the best way for the Mayans to explain what they seen and who pakal was. In their words he was from the sky. Sure looks like someone trying to explain a man flying a ship.... The apparatus goes into his nose, signifying he was breathing in a tube. If you see it in person and talk to the historians from here maybe youd be able to make a more educated opinion.

This was the best way for the Mayans to explain what they seen and who pakal was. In their words he was from the sky. Sure looks like someone trying to explain a man flying a ship.... The apparatus goes into his nose, signifying he was breathing in a tube. If you see it in person and talk to the historians from here maybe youd be able to make a more educated opinion.

Ian Graham is the leading expert today on Mayan Glyphs, and he does not agree with you.

A white guys had to decipher Mayan Glyphs for Mayans? That does not ring any loud alarm bells or wave any red flags for you?

I am trying to find the links but am failing... but before History channel nuked it's boards, we had a long drawn out conversation about the Mayan and the things the "AA" theorist use as validation. on one topic...A gentlemen from the actual region who studies Mayan and central/south American ancient culture provided photos of "nose" jewelry....kinda clamp in things...some rather bizarre. This is the "mouthpiece/nosepiece" breathing apparatus the AA theorists like to use...it is not an Oxygen tank folks...it's an ancient equivalent of a nose-ring....seriously.

• 3 months later...

I believe theres more to this than people give credit for ..myself, I find it stunning that the golden plane models 1000's of years old have been tested & actually fly very well

There are videos you can find by experts that have reproduced these models and found them to be completely capable of flight ..however, I will post this video of an amateaur who reproduced one of the models to point this fact out because he has been the only one to include in his model the unusual coil shaped features on the fore edge of the wings and they seem to add an interesting improvement in this models flight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-C7XO-QH-s&list=PLF4AD33FBFFE33D96&index=6&feature=plpp_video

I believe theres more to this than people give credit for ..myself, I find it stunning that the golden plane models 1000's of years old have been tested & actually fly very well

There are videos you can find by experts that have reproduced these models and found them to be completely capable of flight ..however, I will post this video of an amateaur who reproduced one of the models to point this fact out because he has been the only one to include in his model the unusual coil shaped features on the fore edge of the wings and they seem to add an interesting improvement in this models flight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-C7XO-QH-s&list=PLF4AD33FBFFE33D96&index=6&feature=plpp_video

Ah, that model which looks like a flying fish? It was my first reaction when I saw it, despite having someone yelling "ALIEN SPACECRAFT!" But you know, add wings on a fish, and it will become a bite aero dynamic :rolleyes: ET contact requires more evidence than a piece of jewelry that's open to intrepetation.

Guess we will have no further comments until the documentary comes out :)

Or until someone video`s a R/C Alien ,Mayan FTL starship.

Oh ! They already did that !