Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2,900 convicted criminal immigrants arrested

Persia

In a huge, seven-day operation covering all 50 states and four U.S. territories, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials arrested 2,901 convicted criminal immigrants as part of the "Cross Check" enforcement operation, ICE officials announced Wednesday.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/09/28/us/immigration-sting/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• __Kratos__

• ninjadude

• Shawn Gossman

• Persia

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

ICE Director John Morton said all those arrested had prior criminal convictions, including 1,282 who had multiple convictions. More than 1,600 of those arrested had felony convictions including manslaughter, attempted murder, kidnapping, armed robbery, drug trafficking, child abuse, sexual crimes against minors and aggravated assault. Forty-two of them were gang members and 151 were convicted sex offenders, officials said.

Yeah, I can't imagine why we wouldn't want illegal immigrants here.

This is only some of the "extra" crimes they commit on our soil. Most commonly they steal identities, break housing rules, collect benefits and so on just by living here... Doesn't help the millions of the jobless in a recession now does it?

What? Wait I thought the government wasn't doing anything about illegals..... at least according to Teapublicans who are scared of brown people.

What? Wait I thought the government wasn't doing anything about illegals..... at least according to Teapublicans who are scared of brown people.

They really aren't. I'd hardly say 2,900 people out of 13 millions is a full fledged action.

They really aren't. I'd hardly say 2,900 people out of 13 millions is a full fledged action.

The unreliable and unverifiable figure of 13 million didn't suddenly appear in the US yesterday.

Still though! That is a really good number of illegals busted. I say that its a victory for law enforcement and at least they can say they are trying. I mean with all the government/LE layoffs and budget constraints everywhere, its probably harder to catch even more.

I am in the private security contractor business. I really wish they would consider getting us contracts to help on the borders, that would be some great money!

The unreliable and unverifiable figure of 13 million didn't suddenly appear in the US yesterday.

Of course not, they appeared in early 2010!

In all seriousness, I know it's not one administrations fault or another's cause they've all dropped the ball but lacked action is going to tick people off and show their weakness in defending our borders and our citizens.

Still though! That is a really good number of illegals busted. I say that its a victory for law enforcement and at least they can say they are trying. I mean with all the government/LE layoffs and budget constraints everywhere, its probably harder to catch even more.

I am in the private security contractor business. I really wish they would consider getting us contracts to help on the borders, that would be some great money!

Yeah... Pay people 3-4 times as much money as a government worker to do the same job just worse and without accountability. Awesome.

Edited by __Kratos__

Of course not, the appeared in early 2010!

In all seriousness, I know it's not one administrations fault or another's cause they've all dropped the ball but lacked action is going to tick people off and show their weakness in defending our borders and our citizens.

Yeah... Pay people 3-4 times as much money as a government worker to do the same job just worse and without accountability. Awesome.

Yeah you got a point there. I wont argue with that, however, if it was that statement or getting the big bucks -- I am afraid I would have to go with getting that money because when it comes right down to it, that is all and all what is most important and what all this border crisis stuff is all about... on both sides!