Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

JPMorgan Chase Donates $4.6M to NYPD

acidhead

http://www.jpmorganchase.com/corporate/Home/article/ny-13.htm?TB_iframe=true&height=580&width=850

[DATE --recently 2011]

JPMorgan Chase recently donated an unprecedented $4.6 million to the New York City Police Foundation. The gift was the largest in the history of the foundation and will enable the New York City Police Department to strengthen security in the Big Apple. The money will pay for 1,000 new patrol car laptops, as well as security monitoring software in the NYPD's main data center.

New York City Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly sent CEO and Chairman Jamie Dimon a note expressing "profound gratitude" for the company's donation.

"These officers put their lives on the line every day to keep us safe," Dimon said. "We're incredibly proud to help them build this program and let them know how much we value their hard work."

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SilverCougar

• BlindMessiah

• acidhead

• Paracelse

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm of two minds of this.

While I whole heartily agree the NYPD needs funding to keep up the serve and protect..

*sighs* This.. really was a bad time to actually do that. Now it just looks like instead of JP being supportive of helping the men in blue protect the city, it's trying to buy the police because of the crack downs they're doing towards the protesters.

They could have planned this donation years in advance for all we know, and that they were actually doing this out of kindness and to give something back to the people who's taxes do go to help keep the NYPD going. (pay for equipment, pay checks.. ect ect..) But their timing is really really bad. And knowing a few news stations, I don't doubt they'll twist it to look like exactly that... a bribe/payoff to the cops because of the protests.

*frowns* So yeah =\ I'm happy the cops are getting more funds.. but wincing at the timing of it. And the sad thing is.. if they had waited after the protests, it still would look like a pay off. ugh..

Edited by SilverCougar

http://www.jpmorganchase.com/corporate/Home/article/ny-13.htm?TB_iframe=true&height=580&width=850

[DATE --recently 2011]

JPMorgan Chase recently donated an unprecedented $4.6 million to the New York City Police Foundation. The gift was the largest in the history of the foundation and will enable the New York City Police Department to strengthen security in the Big Apple. The money will pay for 1,000 new patrol car laptops, as well as security monitoring software in the NYPD's main data center.

New York City Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly sent CEO and Chairman Jamie Dimon a note expressing "profound gratitude" for the company's donation.

"These officers put their lives on the line every day to keep us safe," Dimon said. "We're incredibly proud to help them build this program and let them know how much we value their hard work."

You gotta admire these banking types. People start protesting in their hometown, and not only do they figure out a way to deal with it, they get good PR out of it too. :devil:

I'm of two minds of this.

While I whole heartily agree the NYPD needs funding to keep up the serve and protect..

*sighs* This.. really was a bad time to actually do that. Now it just looks like instead of JP being supportive of helping the men in blue protect the city, it's trying to buy the police because of the crack downs they're doing towards the protesters.

They could have planned this donation years in advance for all we know, and that they were actually doing this out of kindness and to give something back to the people who's taxes do go to help keep the NYPD going. (pay for equipment, pay checks.. ect ect..) But their timing is really really bad. And knowing a few news stations, I don't doubt they'll twist it to look like exactly that... a bribe/payoff to the cops because of the protests.

*frowns* So yeah =\ I'm happy the cops are getting more funds.. but wincing at the timing of it. And the sad thing is.. if they had waited after the protests, it still would look like a pay off. ugh..

This is JP flippin Morgan. Are you kidding me?

This is JP flippin Morgan. Are you kidding me?

No I'm not kidding you, I was just holding out for a shred of decency.. which i know is a long shot if not impossible.