Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Amanda Knox is Free

JonathanVonErich

Hi everyone, Italian citizen here.

During this trial I noticed how American media (especially Seattle localized ones) have been trying to convince people that Miss Knox was innocent and pure. I have also noticed Italian media do the opposite, showing us dark-eyed pictures or weird facial expressions. That sounds a bit lame to me, from both sides of the pond.

About Italian VS US court system: how can you say that you system is "fair"... For God's sake, you have KILLED hundreds of innocents with chairs and needles. Come on, restrain from being pathetic. Shall I point out that your law system doesn't really have laws?

Oh, one more thing: try to google Sacco and Vanzetti's story.

With this said, I still have no real opinion about this case. But I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing Miss Knox again, here.

Claudio

fairest in the world?

tell that to troy davis.

far more evidence that knox was guilty than davis.

but i try not to, as a matter of principle, criticise the US.....which i believe to be the most free nation on earth.

this case does trouble me though...the fact her very flimsy alibi and the way her story changed and changed again and then changed again indicates guilt in my opinion.

and the DNA evidence WAS / IS valid...knox's family just paid for the best lawyers who managed to fudge the issue and cast doubt into the minds of the jury.

complete miscarriage of justice imo...and i foresee her doin this again at some point.

the way i feel about this is very similar to how i felt about the louise woodward case a few years ago.

Actually, the Knox family is totally broke, bankrupted and has huge bills they can't pay. They were having fund raisers just to get them back to Perugia for this last trial. They're in bad shape financially, they never had the money to hire the best of the best. Even her elderly grandmother second mortgaged her home to help raise money.

And of course she changed her story over and over again, she just wanted out, this is why in the USA you're allowed to have an attorney with you when you're questioned, because saying what the police want you to say OR making something up to appease them is COMMON. She wasn't allowed to have an attorney present when she she was questioned. The knife they claimed she used didnt' even fit the wounds. The DNA evidence was left to sit for FOURTY FIVE days before it was ever collected and it was tainted at that. They only consistent DNA that was found was Guede's, he was the one that pointed the finger at Knox and her boyfriend. And, he was found with a knife that was likely the murder weapon, HE fled the country, HIS DNA was found in and on Kershner. Its likely the real killer is already in jail, on a reduced 16 year sentence for pointing the finger at innocent people.

For those in Seattle who have probably followed the case in detail more closely than others, you'll see an overwhelming outpouring of support for Miss Knox today.

Maybe Rudy Guede.

She just left the the prison. She's free.

Yes, I think he acted alone, I always felt she was not guilty - the story was too sensational imo, there isn't any proof that Rudy Guede knew Amanda or her beau personally and the knife they used in evidence from her boyfriends home (forgot his name) did not match the imprint of the knife on the bed sheet at the crime scene :hmm: . I really felt that they tried to make the crime match the suspects instead of correctly investigating - the prosecutor was distinctly questionable and is facing charges relating to abuse of office? from what I recall too.

The Amanda Knox case was an international media sensation, because they figured nobody wants to watch images of a 3-week protest of over 1,000 people in front of Wall Street in New York City. It's over (finally!), but I remain stumped on how would Amanda Knox be shown not to be the murder suspect of the death of her roommate...the case didn't make much sense. :no:

Edited by DeMikeDe

Actually, the Knox family is totally broke, bankrupted and has huge bills they can't pay. They were having fund raisers just to get them back to Perugia for this last trial. They're in bad shape financially, they never had the money to hire the best of the best. Even her elderly grandmother second mortgaged her home to help raise money.

And of course she changed her story over and over again, she just wanted out, this is why in the USA you're allowed to have an attorney with you when you're questioned, because saying what the police want you to say OR making something up to appease them is COMMON. She wasn't allowed to have an attorney present when she she was questioned. The knife they claimed she used didnt' even fit the wounds. The DNA evidence was left to sit for FOURTY FIVE days before it was ever collected and it was tainted at that. They only consistent DNA that was found was Guede's, he was the one that pointed the finger at Knox and her boyfriend. And, he was found with a knife that was likely the murder weapon, HE fled the country, HIS DNA was found in and on Kershner. Its likely the real killer is already in jail, on a reduced 16 year sentence for pointing the finger at innocent people.

For those in Seattle who have probably followed the case in detail more closely than others, you'll see an overwhelming outpouring of support for Miss Knox today.

Even so, I wouldn't trust her.

They won't be broke for long. Now it's the Amanda Knox tour.

How long till she's posing in Playboy?

For all that we like to rail against the US court systems.... they ARE the finest and fairest in the world

Did OJ Simpson say that?

Did OJ Simpson say that?

Right!? :lol: It's like.. "This is our story and we're stickin' to it!" :innocent:

People wake up. It did not matter whether she was guilty or innocent because the US put the pressure on Italy to release her. I was watching a news story about her and they interview DONALD TRUMP who said he always believed she was innocent. IF Trump believed in her then you know other billionaires and even Obmaa felt the same.

So why would they release her? BECAUSE ITALY IS BANKRUPT AND WILL SOON GO DOWN THE DRAIN LIKE GREECE. The last thing they needed was to get Americans angry at them. Soon they will be crawling to Uncle Sam for bucks to save their country.

Remember: money talks, BS walks.

People wake up. It did not matter whether she was guilty or innocent because the US put the pressure on Italy to release her. I was watching a news story about her and they interview DONALD TRUMP who said he always believed she was innocent. IF Trump believed in her then you know other billionaires and even Obmaa felt the same.

So why would they release her? BECAUSE ITALY IS BANKRUPT AND WILL SOON GO DOWN THE DRAIN LIKE GREECE. The last thing they needed was to get Americans angry at them. Soon they will be crawling to Uncle Sam for bucks to save their country.

I don't think that was a factor.

Isn't this always the case? I doubt many average Americans could even name the victim. They don't seem to think about whether a person is innocent or guilty, all they care about is that a fellow citizen has been jailed abroad which to them is an injustice.

Now she is carefully screening what she says to make sure she can sell her story to the highest bidder. In all of this not a single bit of regard or compassion shown to the victims family.

The over privileged get away with murder all the time, why is anyone shocked.

The over privileged get away with murder all the time, why is anyone shocked.

So because her family was well off she must have been guilty?

So because her family was well off she must have been guilty?

I don't think he/she was making that statement. I'm sure he meant that guilty wealthy people get off more often than guilty poor people. It is true. We will never know if Amanda is guilty or not. But she is free.

First of all, she does not come from wealth. Her family is middle class and nearly bankrupt because they have had to spend hundreds of thousands on legal bills over the years. She did have Donald Trump as a supporter, but apparently he did not lend the family any financial support.

The media has a new game today. They fix their sights on good looking young women who are in toruble and give unlimited time covering their problems. We saw it with that young mother in Flordia who was accused of killing her baby. IF she weighed 300 pounds or if she was 60 years old, you would not hear even a peep from the media. Around the world there are hundreds of Americans in foreign jails and prisons. The only publicity you hear about if they were held in Iran or North Korea, but the rest are ignored.

The media is not longer the news but cheap entertainment to get the viewers minds off the real world. Notice how many young women are not giving the news on cable stations? You do not see any 300 pounders or 60 year old ones.

• Like 1

First of all, she does not come from wealth. Her family is middle class and nearly bankrupt because they have had to spend hundreds of thousands on legal bills over the years. She did have Donald Trump as a supporter, but apparently he did not lend the family any financial support.

The media has a new game today. They fix their sights on good looking young women who are in toruble and give unlimited time covering their problems. We saw it with that young mother in Flordia who was accused of killing her baby. IF she weighed 300 pounds or if she was 60 years old, you would not hear even a peep from the media. Around the world there are hundreds of Americans in foreign jails and prisons. The only publicity you hear about if they were held in Iran or North Korea, but the rest are ignored.

The media is not longer the news but cheap entertainment to get the viewers minds off the real world. Notice how many young women are not giving the news on cable stations? You do not see any 300 pounders or 60 year old ones.

Not to mention who knows how many wrongly convicted we have in the USA in our prisons. Why isn't our government cleaning up our legal system? It desparately needs it. It ruins a lot of lives. It's all about money, numbers and politics. That's all it is.

Not to mention who knows how many wrongly convicted we have in the USA in our prisons. Why isn't our government cleaning up our legal system? It desparately needs it. It ruins a lot of lives. It's all about money, numbers and politics. That's all it is.

This is true. The sad thing is out of those 3 reasons it is mainly because of 1, money. Politics and numbers don't matter as much without money. I could go all night showing how our justice system is nothing more than a monopoly, but there is no point. It is what it is.

This is true. The sad thing is out of those 3 reasons it is mainly because of 1, money. Politics and numbers don't matter as much without money. I could go all night showing how our justice system is nothing more than a monopoly, but there is no point. It is what it is.

It is what it is!? That attitude is why it is what it is. We live such a lie. So many lies. The least we can do is tell the rest of the world that it is all a bunch of lies. They are sucking people into this country with these lies and this country is like a death chamber for the poor. It's a huge prison.

Ummm, the Knox family is nowhere near wealthy. They come from West Seattle which is VERY middle class, bordering on lower-middle class with every block you go south from the beach. Her family is flat broke at this point. They were having public fund raisers locally to raise money just to get back to Perugia for the last trial. Yes, Amanda went to Seattle Prep school, however Prep schools out here on the west coast aren't really like the ones out east. A ton of Seattle Preps students are there on academic scholarship. I have friends that went to Seattle Prep whose parents had nothing.

Ummm, the Knox family is nowhere near wealthy. They come from West Seattle which is VERY middle class, bordering on lower-middle class with every block you go south from the beach. Her family is flat broke at this point. They were having public fund raisers locally to raise money just to get back to Perugia for the last trial. Yes, Amanda went to Seattle Prep school, however Prep schools out here on the west coast aren't really like the ones out east. A ton of Seattle Preps students are there on academic scholarship. I have friends that went to Seattle Prep whose parents had nothing.

You all seem to forget about the Italian boyfriend, his father is wealthy and well-connected, probably paid the lawyers. Combined with the attractiveness and innocent-act of Amanda which enabled her to get huge media attention/support, her US citizenship gave her government support..her family doesnt even need to be rich..her manipulative faking capabilites(narcissm and schizoprenia) allowed her to look innocent, gaining many peoples hearts who follow the media and half-intelligent. go read about Ted Bundy and what he achieved just with attitude,looks and media, but he wasnt wealthy and the magnitute of his crime was much bigger, therefore eventually ended up in electric chair.

she told so many lies, kept changing her story several times, even blamed the act on his former employer because she was just fired and got the poor man arrested for nothing. so this murderer gets away with it, on top of that gets celebrated as a hero in US and even make money from it, while nobody gives a **** about the victim, or who really murdered her. maybe the family of victim should put more pressure.

its really sickening to see people getting away with a violent crime not just with wealth, but also brainwashed idiotic media supporters allow them to do it

It is what it is!? That attitude is why it is what it is. We live such a lie. So many lies. The least we can do is tell the rest of the world that it is all a bunch of lies. They are sucking people into this country with these lies and this country is like a death chamber for the poor. It's a huge prison.

A death chamber for the poor? You're off your rocker.

Our legal system is about nothing but money, numbers and politics. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! But I guess I shouldn't say poor. It all depends on the numbers they are trying to create.

You all seem to forget about the Italian boyfriend, his father is wealthy and well-connected, probably paid the lawyers. Combined with the attractiveness and innocent-act of Amanda which enabled her to get huge media attention/support, her US citizenship gave her government support..her family doesnt even need to be rich..her manipulative faking capabilites(narcissm and schizoprenia) allowed her to look innocent, gaining many peoples hearts who follow the media and half-intelligent. go read about Ted Bundy and what he achieved just with attitude,looks and media, but he wasnt wealthy and the magnitute of his crime was much bigger, therefore eventually ended up in electric chair.

she told so many lies, kept changing her story several times, even blamed the act on his former employer because she was just fired and got the poor man arrested for nothing. so this murderer gets away with it, on top of that gets celebrated as a hero in US and even make money from it, while nobody gives a **** about the victim, or who really murdered her. maybe the family of victim should put more pressure.

its really sickening to see people getting away with a violent crime not just with wealth, but also brainwashed idiotic media supporters allow them to do it

Right on!!

And why don't you fill us in here on the details, that proof that shows she did it. Good luck since there arent any. The knife the prosecution held so tightly too didn't fit the victims wounds, one guy already confessed to killing Kurtcher, and for a reduced sentence he pointed his finger at 2 innocent people. There's much much more evidence that points to the fact that she wasn't there at all.

Her parents don't know her Italian boyfriend--Amanda hardly knew him having met him only the week prior!. No money came from there.

If the American system supported her I never heard about it other than the court documents her parents gave to local Seattle judges who read the documents and were disgusted by the miscarriage of justice, some even wrote letters to the Italian prosecutor (who's also a judge?!) Beyond that, I didn't see any support coming from her government.

And are you kidding she got media support? The Media BLASTED her. She was a complete villianess after the arrest, pretty much everyone including me thought the girl was a whack job. Until, the details and lack of evidence that came out in the circus that is the Italian courts came out. Then the even more glaring lack of evidence that came out during the appeal. There isn't one single piece of evidence that points to the fact that she was there much less a killer. So I'm not sure where you're getting your opinion. Is it because she lied after 36+ hours of interrogation? Trust me, if you were verbally assaulted for 36 hours about something you knew nothing about for 36 hours straight, you'd lie too just to make them go away. This is why this kind of interrogation is not allowed in the USA. It causes people to make false statements. This is why in the USA you're allowed to request an attorney and the questions stop. Not so much in Italy.

So what evidence do you have that I seem to have missed that this girl is guilty of anything? Do you base your opinion on what the media delivered to you? That shes weird? That's generally not a good reason to prosecute someone and put them away for life. What evidence do you have besides what you heard in the media that she's schitzophrenic and nacissistic (and I haven't even seen the media say that!)?

I'm fairly certain you know nothing about this case what-so-ever or you have been listening to the media too much. Hell, even the Kurchers now realize the italian judge totally lied to them for years.

If you want some more reading about other cases the Italian courts have massively bungled read about the Monster of Venice. They put something like FIVE people away for life for committing those murders over the years. All were innocent.

He speaks the truth

The US elite are the only stakeholders that matter in American society. The rest are basically abandoned and ignored except for when its election time. Then their leaders fill them a load of BS to get their vote.

Once the lower classes realise they arent listened too or respected by the state they do their own thing. They engage in their own culture of drugs, crime, anti-social behaviour. The result is the US having the largest prison population on Earth which it has. The people in their are mostly druggies!

Let me ask you did you fight against Hitler in WW2 for that ordinary American workers?

Edited by Chimpanzee

Funny how all the Americans on here she it as Justice and how they could not of been convicted under their legal system. I wonder how many of them still are aware they are keeping people locked up in in Cuba without trial for around ten years now.