Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

5 Reasons Why 'Occupy Wall Street' Won't Work

Persia

Isn't it true that, if you can't afford diapers, then you certainly can't afford children?

I am to be punished because I know this fact, and acted on it?

Certainly. That's why it's important to provide birth control. But then, most Republicans are against that idea.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlindMessiah

• F3SS

• Aus Der Box Skeptisch

• conspiracybeliever

how OWS will work, not even ninja has showed us the way.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Has the justice department indicted some of wall street that I'm unaware of? Has congress passed the tax on billionaires? has congress addressed jobs in any sense at all? has congress repealed the bush tax cuts? have banking regulations been enacted that will stop banks from doing it again? I would guess the answer is no.

Certainly. That's why it's important to provide birth control. But then, most Republicans are against that idea.

Once more...Why should I and all other tax payers be responsible for those who lack self-responsibility? It's just one more ridiculous thing that I would have to pay for. How can you be down for paying for all the people who can't control their lives? I'll rephrase that to be fair, since you need fairness in your life....Why do you want to pay for everybody else's mistakes?

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Has the justice department indicted some of wall street that I'm unaware of? Has congress passed the tax on billionaires? has congress addressed jobs in any sense at all? has congress repealed the bush tax cuts? have banking regulations been enacted that will stop banks from doing it again? I would guess the answer is no.

The thread topic is reasons why OWS won't work. You are one of the few that support it. If you support it then you must see as something that will work. Tell us how it will work. And also, you have yet to back up the crude false statements of your pictograph. Hmm, you know it's wrong or you would've.

Some Republicans may be against it, but it is still being provided.

So, we get it from both ends? Birth control AND diapers?

When will we have to start breathing for the poor?

Harte

Once more...Why should I and all other tax payers be responsible for those

a society has a vested interest in taking care of it's citizens.

The thread topic is reasons why OWS won't work. You are one of the few that support it.

only here on UM. OWS is a nationwide and worldwide phenomenon.

If you support it then you must see as something that will work. Tell us how it will work.

I'm not sure what "it" you are referring to. The OWS movement is protesting. The agenda is below:

As critics have noted, the protesters are not in complete agreement with each other, but the overall message is reasonably coherent. They want more and better jobs, more equal distribution of income, less profit (or no profit) for banks, lower compensation for bankers, and more strictures on banks with regard to negotiating consumer services such as mortgages and debit cards. They also want to reduce the influence that corporations—financial firms in particular—wield in politics, and they want a more populist set of government priorities: bailouts for student debtors and mortgage holders, not just for banks.
source

In actual practice, this means people from all walks of life doing something different. Transferring money from large banks to community banks and credit unions. Passing a jobs bill. Companies hiring more people. Curtailing the ridiculous compensation schemes of corp officers. Banking regulations so that the collapse cannot happen again. Higher taxes on those most able to pay - the super rich. It is not just for government but for companies and ordinary people as well to make it happen.

Some Republicans may be against it, but it is still being provided.

really? The repubs had a hissy when the HHS said birth control would be free.source

The OWS movement is protesting.

Which has historically been a very ineffective and dangerous (quite often deadly) method to induce change. There has to be better ways. We don't have to be peasants yelling at the King's doorstep, do we?

Edited by Jerry Only

Which has historically been a very ineffective and dangerous (quite often deadly) method to induce change. There has to be better ways. We don't have to be peasants yelling at the King's doorstep, do we?

Quite unfortunate that it seems we do Jerry.

As their website says, it worked in Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, etc. - Arab spring. Very effective. As the election year is getting going, I'd say it is very effective by framing the debate among presidential, congress and local candidates.

As their website says, it worked in Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, etc. - Arab spring. Very effective. As the election year is getting going, I'd say it is very effective by framing the debate among presidential, congress and local candidates.

The violence involved in those uprisings...is that what OWS needs? Because that's how things got done there and that doesn't mean things are any better for them. Plus OWS doesn't have anywhere close to the type of support from American citizens in numbers and passion as the arab nations had in their protests. The libs wanted so bad to have there own tea party. But like everything else libs do, it's a big unorganized mess that is doing nothing but costing the tax payers money by hogging up public resources.

The violence involved in those uprisings...is that what OWS needs? Because that's how things got done there and that doesn't mean things are any better for them. Plus OWS doesn't have anywhere close to the type of support from American citizens in numbers and passion as the arab nations had in their protests. The libs wanted so bad to have there own tea party. But like everything else libs do, it's a big unorganized mess that is doing nothing but costing the tax payers money by hogging up public resources.

Damn it is it for real now stop that. This is not just a lib movement. You know that too. Now ninja does not know how to words things well and frankly we all know we are not trying to topple a government. Or dictatorship. And the comparison is silly at best. Please look at the demographics of the ows. The first poll I seen shown a preference for ron Paul though not quite the typical Republican he still is a Republican. That throws the libs wanting a party like the tea party out the window. I would appreciate that you understand this. I hope this clears up the misnomer.

thank you

Aus

really? The repubs had a hissy when the HHS said birth control would be free.source

A great many states have been providing free contraceptive pills since the 1960's, and condoms have been free practically everywhere for at least that long.

"Hissy fit" or not.

Like I said, it is being provided.

Not that it's helping.

At any rate, I'd rather pay for some slack ****'s pills than for 25 years worth of free diapers for her. As if that were the choice.

Harte

Edited by Harte

Damn it is it for real now stop that. This is not just a lib movement. You know that too. Now ninja does not know how to words things well and frankly we all know we are not trying to topple a government. Or dictatorship. And the comparison is silly at best. Please look at the demographics of the ows. The first poll I seen shown a preference for ron Paul though not quite the typical Republican he still is a Republican. That throws the libs wanting a party like the tea party out the window. I would appreciate that you understand this. I hope this clears up the misnomer.

thank you

Aus

Well I certainly find it hard to believe that there are very many true conservatives there and the comparison was made by ninja.

I understand what your saying but can I inquire as to which of the following would you consider a true Republican... Abe Lincoln, Ronald Reagan, newt Gingrich, or ron Paul... just curious because I believe of the four aforementioned I believe I covered the entire spectrum.

This is an honest curiosity I have and have never found a proper time to ask this question. Thank you in advance for your reply.

I understand what your saying but can I inquire as to which of the following would you consider a true Republican... Abe Lincoln, Ronald Reagan, newt Gingrich, or ron Paul... just curious because I believe of the four aforementioned I believe I covered the entire spectrum.

This is an honest curiosity I have and have never found a proper time to ask this question. Thank you in advance for your reply.

Ronald Reagan. Sorry I can't think how to really elaborate on each of them and why at the moment. I'm a bit tired and that's a question that could use a real long comparison type of reply. Maybe someone else could serve you better there. Even though I am a registered republican and will probably always vote that way I'd like to let you know that I think those R&D titles are simply that, just titles. My concerns are with a persons political views, conservative and liberal, and not their party affiliation. Personally I'm sick of them all and am looking for someone to take charge who shares my fiscally conservative views, the religion aspect of conservatism is not all that important to me.