Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious Shaft in the Great Pyramid Opened!

chimaybliss

Both Researchers and Archaeologists have reportedly opened up the second door lying hidden in one of the shafts of the Great Pyramid inside the Queen's chamber. So far, no offficial information has been disclosed. If anyone hears of anything please leave link or information here. The latest thing I could find was this ...

http://scienceray.com/earth-sciences/update-the-secret-door-inside-the-queens-chamber-to-be-finally-opened

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kmt_sesh

• aquatus1

• Harte

• Biff Wellington

LMAO Biff... Is that pic from one of the games?

I think it's pretty cool that they are progressing with the hidden doors. I hope they find something interesting :)

Me too. It will be interesting to see if they find anything.

Now for underneath the left paw of the Sphinx.

Now for underneath the left paw of the Sphinx.

That's the one that really interests me.

Sphinx says, "Which creature in the morning goes on four legs, at mid-day on two, and in the evening upon three, and the more legs it has, the weaker it be?"

That's the one that really interests me.

Sphinx says, "Which creature in the morning goes on four legs, at mid-day on two, and in the evening upon three, and the more legs it has, the weaker it be?"

Answer: Mankind, who crawls on all fours as a child in the 'morning' of his life, walks on two legs as an adult in the 'middle' of his life and uses a cane to get around in the 'evening' of his life. :tu:

Not too many people I know of have heard "The Riddle of the Sphinx". :no:

cormac

Seriously? It was like in every cartoon in the 80's.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty well known.

I had it memorised in the off chance I meet a sphinx.

So I wasn't watching cartoons while in the Air Force in the 80's, part of that time in England. Sue me. :lol:

cormac

Answer: Mankind, who crawls on all fours as a child in the 'morning' of his life, walks on two legs as an adult in the 'middle' of his life and uses a cane to get around in the 'evening' of his life. :tu:

Not too many people I know of have heard "The Riddle of the Sphinx". :no:

cormac

I love the tale of Oedipus. It's like an ancient greek Takashi Miike film.

I was born in '86, so i missed out on all of it except Voltron & Masters of the Universe.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty well known.

I had it memorised in the off chance I meet a sphinx.

Depends on where you've been or where you're from. I heard it as a kid, but like I said, not too many people I know have heard it.

cormac

It would be nice to get a clue about this inexplicable and unique feature. You know a ton of work went into making it (four times!), and the engineer must have been pretty p***ed off when he was told "You know what, never mind, just seal the thing up and forget about it."

It would be nice to get a clue about this inexplicable and unique feature. You know a ton of work went into making it (four times!), and the engineer must have been pretty p***ed off when he was told "You know what, never mind, just seal the thing up and forget about it."

Yeah, if that isn't a swift kick in the you-know-what.

Depends on where you've been or where you're from. I heard it as a kid, but like I said, not too many people I know have heard it.

cormac

Obviously this means you know a bunch of fogeys. :)

I used to have a book of a bunch o fold time riddles and the like, and this was the second one in there, after "What has six legs, two arms, two heads, and four hoofs?"

Ok, you guys need a wake up call so here goes. I am about to ask the stupidest question known to man. What would happen if they took a Pyriamid apart block by block and then put it all back together again later? Yeah I know, only I could ask such a stupid question, buy hey, I thought why not? Just take it apart block by block number the blocks and then put it all back together as it came apart? You would be able to end all the questions and find all the goodies in one fell swoop! I just thougth I would ask...... :blush:

Very exciting though with all the new finds. I can't wait to see all the stuff they find.

Rocketgirl B)

Ok, you guys need a wake up call so here goes. I am about to ask the stupidest question known to man. What would happen if they took a Pyriamid apart block by block and then put it all back together again later? Yeah I know, only I could ask such a stupid question, buy hey, I thought why not? Just take it apart block by block number the blocks and then put it all back together as it came apart? You would be able to end all the questions and find all the goodies in one fell swoop! I just thougth I would ask...... :blush:

Very exciting though with all the new finds. I can't wait to see all the stuff they find.

Rocketgirl B)

That would be like me taking the washing machine apart, when I put it back together, there are always parts left over... except this would be worse as it would be with a historical monument! lol

Rocketgirl B)

That doesn't remotely sound like the "stupidest question known to man" IMO. Better questions though, IMO, would be:

1) Who's going to pay, at extremely great expense I might add, to have it dismantled AND THEN put back together again?

2) Why would anyone pay to have it done, outside of idle curiousity, as it only served a single purpose? That being the final resting place of the king's remains.

3) What could possibly entice the Egyptian government to allow the dismantling of one of the most colossal structures of Ancient Egypt and the ONLY remaining example of "The Seven Wonders of the World"?

4) And the list goes on...

cormac

That doesn't remotely sound like the "stupidest question known to man" IMO. Better questions though, IMO, would be:

1) Who's going to pay, at extremely great expense I might add, to have it dismantled AND THEN put back together again?

2) Why would anyone pay to have it done, outside of idle curiousity, as it only served a single purpose? That being the final resting place of the king's remains.

3) What could possibly entice the Egyptian government to allow the dismantling of one of the most colossal structures of Ancient Egypt and the ONLY remaining example of "The Seven Wonders of the World"?

4) And the list goes on...

cormac

5. How does a food pyramid stay up? Like the part of the wall that's made of milk.

5. How does a food pyramid stay up? Like the part of the wall that's made of milk.

lol

I always assumed it was a glass structure with food in it.

I think there will be a short length of tunnel and then another door.

I think there will be a short length of tunnel and then another door.

Ah, such is life.