Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gay convictions to be wiped from the records

Still Waters

No, freedom for who the state decides and restrictions for those that might be a risk.

Yes, because this has worked so well in the past!

hitler.jpg

Oh... :mellow:

No, freedom for who the state decides and restrictions for those that might be a risk.

And who decides who gets such freedom and why they might be a risk? Wouldn't the person (or people) involved in such decision making be prone to their own conflicts of interest?

No its a free society but only to those that can cope with freedom.

Where all people are equal, but some people are more equal than others right?

You know I never thought I'd see someone pushing for a massive increase of government control over private lives on these boards of all places.

But wouldn't the fact that they are gay, black, Jewish and orphaned automatically make them ineligible for certain positions? Just the face that the "are" these things?

Nibs

No, because these things dont make someone a risk but they do increase the chances.

Upon investigation 90% of them might be fine as Policemen and Judges but the 10% that would be unprofessional in certain circumstances should have restrictions.

No, because these things dont make someone a risk but they do increase the chances.

Upon investigation 90% of them might be fine as Policemen and Judges but the 10% that would be unprofessional in certain circumstances should have restrictions.

Would this individual be able to judge a trial against a white, protestant, hetrosexual woman?

Nibs

And who decides who gets such freedom and why they might be a risk? Wouldn't the person (or people) involved in such decision making be prone to their own conflicts of interest?

It should be a state wide collective decision.

Would this individual be able to judge a trial against a white, protestant, hetrosexual woman?

Nibs

If in the 10% then no.

Yes, because this has worked so well in the past!

Oh... :mellow:

George Orwell approves of this thread.

240px-GeoreOrwell.jpg

If in the 10% then no.

What could land him in the 10%?

Nibs

Where all people are equal, but some people are more equal than others right?

You know I never thought I'd see someone pushing for a massive increase of government control over private lives on these boards of all places.

All people are equal some just need the guiding hand of the state to make sure they dont violate the rights of others.

If in the 10% then no.

This has also worked so well in the past!

StalinWikipediaB%26W.jpg

Oh... :unsure:

*I tried so hard to not Godwin this thread*

:P

Nibs

So we're putting human and civil rights up to a vote now ae we? How is that feasable exactly?

Nibs

bah, I started it. I picture the OP with a nice little mustache.

Nibs

I'm sorry, it was just too hard to ignore. :lol:

All people are equal some just need the guiding hand of the state to make sure they dont violate the rights of others.

Like say... violating their right to privacy?

Again, you realize these convictions were for being homosexual, not due to any crime?

That is such a terrible idea. :lol:

What could land him in the 10%?

Nibs

Just wanted to be sure this question didn't get lost.

Nibs

I can't think of a single situation where state policies that governed people of a specific ethnicity, religion or sexual preference differently than the rest of the population had a positive result, can you?

I dont know you listed a lot of criteria.

Ok, well, would the fact that this person is black, gay, Jewish, orphaned and male automatically cause him to NOT be able to judge this woman or would that be based on his actions in life?

Nibs

Like say... violating their right to privacy?

Again, you realize these convictions were for being homosexual, not due to any crime?

The fact they got locked up may mean that deep down inside many might have issues over their treatment.

A little while ago, I didn't have much to say... but now there is one thing I would like to say:

I'm glad that your fantastical utopia will never exist. I am one of those homosexuals you so clearly despise.

Ok, well, would the fact that this person is black, gay, Jewish, orphaned and male automatically cause him to NOT be able to judge this woman or would that be based on his actions in life?

Nibs

It isnt yes or no.

It depends on whether the person is likely to be unprofessional to the woman.

The fact they got locked up may mean that deep down inside many might have issues over their treatment.

And now by restricting where they can work we can make any deep rooted frustrations they may have even more apparent!

This all makes so much sense! :w00t: