Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gay convictions to be wiped from the records

Still Waters

A little while ago, I didn't have much to say... but now there is one thing I would like to say:

I'm glad that your fantastical utopia will never exist. I am one of those homosexuals you so clearly despise.

Are you saying you'd be unprofessional?

The fact they got locked up may mean that deep down inside many might have issues over their treatment.

So... we should prosecute them MORE?

So... we should prosecute them MORE?

Prosecute for what?

I think you mean monitor, investigate and restrict where appropiate.

I dont think Homosexuals should be allowed in the Police, Prison Service, Justice system or allowed to become solicitors.

Looking at the strength of their overeactions on these forums alone I think many are incapable of behaving professionally should they encounter people accused of hate crimes, discrimination or in fact guilty of them.

I think the state should keep a database of all homosexuals as a screening aid should they apply for a job connected to any of the above. Old records should be added to the new. Those will convictions from a time when homosexual acts were illegal may be more prone to unprofessional behaviour that others.

It isnt yes or no.

It depends on whether the person is likely to be unprofessional to the woman.

But your statement above (first quote) doesn't indicate this stance. Your quote indicates that you feel all homosexuals should be screened if applying for jobs that would put them in any type of authority over hetrosexuals.

So my question was if a black, Jewish, gay, orphaned, man can be automatically disqualified because of what he is or if the disqualification MUST be based on actions in his life?

Nibs

Prosecute for what?

Strange that almost sounds like...

krakow_auschwitz.jpg

OH... :unsure2:

Prosecute for what?

I think persecute is on the money here. You want those things placed on them which is a form of discrimination and persecution.

Strange that almost sounds like...

krakow_auschwitz.jpg

OH... :unsure2:

BAD VERNEPH!!!

Double godwin!

:P

Nibs

Prosecute for what?

You indicated they should be restricted from obtaining office or entering public service such as the police.

You have also indicated that their right to privacy should be ignored.

And again, you seem oddly focused on homosexuals, why is that?

BAD VERNEPH!!!

Double godwin!

:P

Nibs

Well triple if you want to count my Stalin's Soviet Union comparison. I'm sorry, but it's getting hard not to at this point! ;)

Well triple if you want to count my Stalin's Soviet Union comparison. I'm sorry, but it's getting hard not to at this point! ;)

I wasn't sure if posting Stalin counted as a Godwin or another law.

:D

Nibs

But your statement above (first quote) doesn't indicate this stance. Your quote indicates that you feel all homosexuals should be screened if applying for jobs that would put them in any type of authority over hetrosexuals.

So my question was if a black, Jewish, gay, orphaned, man can be automatically disqualified because of what he is or if the disqualification MUST be based on actions in his life?

Nibs

Screen means to assess and find those that would be unprofessional like a sifting exercise.

Screen does not mean all and I said nothing about homosexuals being prevented from being in charge of hetrosexuals. I dont even know where you got that one from.

The man would have to go through a screening process where those investigating his rightness for a job would look for any conflicts of interest. If they find any then no he shouldnt get the position of Judge or Policeman. There will be plenty of people who are black, Jewish, gay and orphaned who would pass the screening process. Likewise there will be many white, protestant, hetrosexuals that who would fail.

It all depends on conflicts of interest and the reality of the situation is that due to lifes events some types of people will have a higher percentage that would be unprofessional. It isnt right or fair but fact.

Screen means to assess and find those that would be unprofessional like a sifting exercise.

Screen does not mean all and I said nothing about homosexuals being prevented from being in charge of hetrosexuals. I dont even know where you got that one from.

The man would have to go through a screening process where those investigating his rightness for a job would look for any conflicts of interest. If they find any then no he shouldnt get the position of Judge or Policeman. There will be plenty of people who are black, Jewish, gay and orphaned who would pass the screening process. Likewise there will be many white, protestant, hetrosexuals that who would fail.

It all depends on conflicts of interest and the reality of the situation is that due to lifes events some types of people will have a higher percentage that would be unprofessional. It isnt right or fair but fact.

I got it from the post I quoted.

So, if the black, Jewish, gay, orphaned man led a law abiding life he would be ok to judge the woman?

Nibs

Isnt it the topic?

Address the rest please. You seem to be ignoring this:

You indicated they should be restricted from obtaining office or entering public service such as the police.

You have also indicated that their right to privacy should be ignored.

The topic of the OP is that homosexuals marked with the crime of being homosexuals are having prosecuitions for the crime of being homosexuals expunged.

You are stating that we need to put them on a register and invade their personal life due to them being homosexual.

I got it from the post I quoted.

So, if the black, Jewish, gay, orphaned man led a law abiding life he would be ok to judge the woman?

Nibs

My post did not include homosexuals being banned from being in charge of hetrosexuals.

If any man is law abiding and can execute his job professionally without letting conflicts of interest get in the way then he should get the position.

My post did not include homosexuals being banned from being in charge of hetrosexuals.

If any man is law abiding and can execute his job professionally without letting conflicts of interest get in the way then he should get the position.

That is hugely different than this:

I dont think Homosexuals should be allowed in the Police, Prison Service, Justice system or allowed to become solicitors.

Edited by ShadowSot

That is hugely different than this:

Notice how my name is missing from the supposed comment.

The reason why its missing is because its impossible to frame another member here. Without being logged into my account my name and date stamp arent added to a reply. You've created that reply.

Blatent flaming.

Edited by Chimpanzee

Looking at the strength of their overeactions on these forums alone I think many are incapable of behaving professionally should they encounter people accused of hate crimes, discrimination or in fact guilty of them.

I think the state should keep a database of all homosexuals as a screening aid should they apply for a job connected to any of the above. Old records should be added to the new. Those will convictions from a time when homosexual acts were illegal may be more prone to unprofessional behaviour that others.

Actually, I just copied and posted from your first post.

I'm going to be nice and assume you're a troll or a poe.

Here's the post, even.

Edited by ShadowSot

EDIT

*Nevermind. ShadowSot's up to the challenge. lol*

Edited by Bracket

Chimpanzee, I sort of have an inkling as to what you are trying to say, but I have to admit that you have failed spectacularly at trying to phrase it in such a way that it doesn't sound utterly discriminatory, if not even a somewhat dramatic throwback to a past that we as a people find collectively abhorrent.

My recommendation is this: Admit that your previous statement was not what you meant, and clarify exactly what your position on the matter is. Everyone else, go from there.

Chimpanzee, I sort of have an inkling as to what you are trying to say, but I have to admit that you have failed spectacularly at trying to phrase it in such a way that it doesn't sound utterly discriminatory, if not even a somewhat dramatic throwback to a past that we as a people find collectively abhorrent.

My recommendation is this: Admit that your previous statement was not what you meant, and clarify exactly what your position on the matter is. Everyone else, go from there.

My position is as follows -

People arrested and convicted for homosexual offences in the past may hold a grudge against the state, society or even people opposed to homosexuality. This is because they did prison time.

As a result of possible grudges I think that the state should apologise to them and annul their crimes with compensation. However I think the list should remain incase any problems arise in the future.

By problems I mean that if one of them was to become a Police Officer their grudge may appear when they have a suspect who strongly opposes homosexuality. Similar things could happen with Judges and Prison Officers. In the interests of justice the list should remain to prevent miscarriages of justice.

Edited by Chimpanzee

Surely a TROLL,

and yes i did call you shirley. <_<<_<<_<

My position is as follows -

People arrested and convicted for homosexual offences in the past may hold a grudge against the state, society or even people opposed to homosexuality. This is because they did prison time.

As a result of possible grudges I think that the state should apologise to them and annul their crimes with compensation. However I think the list should remain incase any problems arise in the future.

By problems I mean that if one of them was to become a Police Officer their grudge may appear when they have a suspect who strongly opposes homosexuality. Similar things could happen with Judges and Prison Officers. In the interests of justice the list should remain to prevent miscarriages of justice.

But, you still haven't explained why you're focusing this on homosexuals. :huh:

But, you still haven't explained why you're focusing this on homosexuals. :huh:

The topic isnt about other types of people it is about homosexuals.

If the debate was about a different type of people that got prison time then we'd be talking about them instead. There is no special treatment going on here.

Edited by Chimpanzee

A whole list of people should be banned from the jobs it isnt just homosexuals.

Would you let someone who was the victim of child abuse become a Prison Guard looking after sex offenders?

Would you let a KKK member be a Policeman and expect him to behave professionally with black suspects?

Anybody that can have issues against other types of people should be banned from those jobs and yes that includes homosexuals because many will have issues regarding discrimination and hate crime suspects.

well this is special so if you are a VICTIM of a crime as a child you should be barred from employment that is a really special statment from a special mind.