Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gay convictions to be wiped from the records

Still Waters

Another dangerous person who thinks he has the right to subvert Democracy.

Pot meet kettle.

It's ok for YOU to say that homosexuals should be kept track of, but for someone else to say YOU should be kept track of oh no, that's subversion of democracy.

Pot meet kettle.

It's ok for YOU to say that homosexuals should be kept track of, but for someone else to say YOU should be kept track of oh no, that's subversion of democracy.

He said people like me shouldnt have any influence in society.

I have the right to vote as anybody else. He is a left wing extremist. He wants society closed down so the only people that can practice Democracy are those that agree with his views. Thats a single party democracy as in North Korea.

I have the right to vote as anybody else. He is a left wing extremist. He wants society closed down so the only people that can practice Democracy are those that agree with his views. Thats a single party democracy as in North Korea.

Records are kept on every single person no matter what they believe or what crimes they have been charged with. If a person is charged with a crime and later found innocent of said crime should that still be on there record when looking for employment or moving to a new community.

What you suggest is so far right wing or even maybe left wing we can't tell. All you have shown is that you are in favor of profiling people and if that were the case you would be profiled right now as an extremist what ever scale you weigh in on.

Do you want cameras in peoples homes to make sure they conform to the law.

When you speak of a one party democracy you might want to look at the US as an example that the two party system is one. North Korea really, you want to say that you are against that nation but on the other hand you want to be more like that nation.

Edited by The Silver Thong

Odd how when someone uses your own logic and applies it to yourself you start claiming totalitarianism.

Such as what you're promoting applies to everyone or no one,

Records are kept on every single person no matter what they believe or what crimes they have been charged with. If a person is charged with a crime and later found innocent of said crime should that still be on there record when looking for employment or moving to a new community.

What you suggest is so far right wing or even maybe left wing we can't tell. All you have shown is that you are in favor of profiling people and if that were the case you would be profiled right now as an extremist what ever scale you weigh in on.

Do you want cameras in peoples homes to make sure they conform to the law.

When you speak of a one party democracy you might want to look at the US as an example that the two party system is one. North Korea really, you want to say that you are against that nation but on the other hand you want to be more like that nation.

It isnt a criminal record which should be retained its that they had their rights violated with a prison sentence. Some may harbour deep resentment such that they might even become terrorists. All I'm saying is the state should monitor them to make sure they havent produced a terrorist or someone that would cause problems in the wrong sort of job.

A police state targetting Police Officers, Prison Officers, Judges and Solicitors should be allowed. It should be a condition of their employment that the state can monitor them and make sure they dont allow predujices into their jobs.

It isnt a criminal record which should be retained its that they had their rights violated with a prison sentence. Some may harbour deep resentment such that they might even become terrorists. All I'm saying is the state should monitor them to make sure they havent produced a terrorist or someone that would cause problems in the wrong sort of job.

A police state targetting Police Officers, Prison Officers, Judges and Solicitors should be allowed. It should be a condition of their employment that the state can monitor them and make sure they dont allow predujices into their jobs.

It would be impossible to do. For one you would have to monitor generations of people because bigotry starts at home. How do we monitor a perfectly sound police officer that 30 years ago was taught to hate gays from his father and other family members. Bigotry is passed from one generation to another, not because one individual was charged with a crime. You may as well be talking about thought crime.

Society produces criminals in many ways however I doubt a gay person charged with a so called gay crime will strap a bomb on there back and blow up a court house. A group of gay terrorists, what would we call them, Touchamybumbum.

Seems you have an extreme form of homophobia, terrorists, really....

It would be impossible to do. For one you would have to monitor generations of people because bigotry starts at home. How do we monitor a perfectly sound police officer that 30 years ago was taught to hate gays from his father and other family members. Bigotry is passed from one generation to another, not because one individual was charged with a crime. You may as well be talking about thought crime.

Society produces criminals in many ways however I doubt a gay person charged with a so called gay crime will strap a bomb on there back and blow up a court house. A group of gay terrorists, what would we call them, Touchamybumbum.

Seems you have an extreme form of homophobia, terrorists, really....

So suppose a gay man got 10 years for being gay and unable to deal with prison life tries to hang himself. Do you think that guy could be a potential terrorist?

I do

So suppose a gay man got 10 years for being gay and unable to deal with prison life tries to hang himself. Do you think that guy could be a potential terrorist?

I do

I don't. No more so then a guy who is charged with vehicular manslaughter because he decided to answer his cell phone and tried to hang himself in prison.

The gay person might have some annimocity but so do hundreds of thousands of people right now that have lost there jobs and homes because the banks failed them. I would be more concerned about that. Should we monitor and track every person that looses there job, home, family. They are far more likely to perform a terrorist act then a wrongfully jailed gay person.

I don't. No more so then a guy who is charged with vehicular manslaughter because he decided to answer his cell phone and tried to hang himself in prison.

The gay person might have some annimocity but so do hundreds of thousands of people right now that have lost there jobs and homes because the banks failed them. I would be more concerned about that. Should we monitor and track every person that looses there job, home, family. They are far more likely to perform a terrorist act then a wrongfully jailed gay person.

The state must protect itself from those who could be possible terrorists.

The mentally ill, weirdos, suicide attempters and people that resent our way of life should be monitored as potential terrorists. Due to the high suicide rates in the gay population and the fact many were imprisoned that includes them too.

In fact I believe the US already prevents foreign nationals from entering who have these problems. We should adopt that policy here in the UK and expand it to monitoring the above individuals just in case.

The mentally ill, weirdos, suicide attempters and people that resent our way of life should be monitored as potential terrorists. Due to the high suicide rates in the gay population and the fact many were imprisoned that includes them too.

In fact I believe the US already prevents foreign nationals from entering who have these problems. We should adopt that policy here in the UK and expand it to monitoring the above individuals just in case.

So you want to put together a panel that decides who is mentally ill, 99% of the population sufferes from some sort of mental condition so thats out the window. Weirdos, ok who decides that and what is wrong with being different. People who attempt suicide need help not persicution.

Who the hell says gay's resent streight people anyway. That would mean gay people hate there parents and siblings that arn't gay like them.... No, it seems you resent the gay community due to unfounded fears I have no idea why you hold.

I do

Then give me even ONE example of such a person that has become a terrorist. Just one will do. Because surely there should be at least one by now. This is where your logic fails.

For someone who seems to be attempting to portray themselves as being against communism and facism, you sure do seem to know the marching lines.

No, the US doesn't ban the mentally ill, or weirdos, or those who've attempted suicide.

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
To fix quote tags. I saw what you did there ShadowSot. Don't do it again. This is my only warning.

You are dangerous

You have the opinion that conviction records shouldnt be kept which is your right. However I get the impression you're like Robert Mugabe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mugabecloseup2008.jpg

You're the sort that would send foot soliders around to start murdering and beating your political opponents. The reason why is some totally, over the top, hyped up paranoia.

oh i am dangerous to people like yourself because i believe every citizen of this country regardless of race,gender,sexual orientation or which version of the god myth they believe should have equallity of opportunity and i would fight against tyranical oppinions like yours till my last breath if i needed to .so if believeing in freedom makes me dangerous then so be it.

oh i am dangerous to people like yourself because i believe every citizen of this country regardless of race,gender,sexual orientation or which version of the god myth they believe should have equallity of opportunity and i would fight against tyranical oppinions like yours till my last breath if i needed to .so if believeing in freedom makes me dangerous then so be it.

No because you are ignorant of the reality that people who have been wronged by the state with prison sentences might harbour such deep resentment as to do something

and for those that realise that reality you see them as tyrannical.

No because you are ignorant of the reality that people who have been wronged by the state with prison sentences might harbour such deep resentment as to do something

So should we monitor all Muslims and people of Irish descent? Both of those groups have done ACTUAL terrorist attacks agaisnt the state in recent memory. Whereas gay people... haven't.

You may have answered this one already Chimp, but question for you...

In light of your statements about gays, do you believe the same should hold true for straights as well? That any straight person that has been wronged by the system or busted for a crime that the crime was later wiped off the books shouldn't be allowed to hold certain jobs either?

As far as I can tell you have stated a couple of different things.

1. The individuals discussed in the OP should not be permitted to hold positions of judgement over others because their negative interaction with the judicial system causes them to be biased.

2. Teachers and authority figures should keep "dossiers" on everyone from birth on in order to "weed out" individuals that could be problems in the future and to limit these individuals to employment that would not allow them to judge others.

Correct?

Nibs

You may have answered this one already Chimp, but question for you...

In light of your statements about gays, do you believe the same should hold true for straights as well? That any straight person that has been wronged by the system or busted for a crime that the crime was later wiped off the books shouldn't be allowed to hold certain jobs either?

All people that could have issues should be monitored.

white, black, gay, jew, catholic, every walk of life cant produce nuts.

Edited by Chimpanzee

All people that could have issues should be monitored.

white, black, gay, jew, catholic, every walk of life cant produce nuts.

So everyone... that's a police state and one I don't care for. If by what I gather you live in the UK do you not like your freedom.

So everyone... that's a police state and one I don't care for. If by what I gather you live in the UK do you not like your freedom.

You're not reading that right

I'm not referring to ordinary people on the street. I'm referring to those that have been wronged by prison sentences or are mentally ill.

Actually...

aa-Orwellian-watchful-eyes-poster-from-Britain.jpg

Orwell, rolling in his grave.

I'm not referring to ordinary people on the street. I'm referring to those that have been wronged by prison sentences or are mentally ill.

See the difference here is I don't see that being gay is a crime and you do and hence you think they should be profiled because you think they might have some vendetta. I personal don't think that they would have a vendetta as they would be thankfull that the government finally pulled it's head out of there ass and these kind of crimes would no longer exist. They might see themselves as a type of Nelson Mandela. Did he become a terrorist.

What do you define as mentally ill? Or weirdo, for that matter.

See the difference here is I don't see that being gay is a crime and you do and hence you think they should be profiled because you think they might have some vendetta. I personal don't think that they would have a vendetta as they would be thankfull that the government finally pulled it's head out of there ass and these kind of crimes would no longer exist. They might see themselves as a type of Nelson Mandela. Did he become a terrorist.

I'm saying some that have been wronged with prison sentences might have a vendetta but that isnt the same thing as saying homosexuals all have a vendetta.

Nelson Mandela was the leader of the armed wing of the African National Congress and was convicted for sabotage lol. I hope thats just a mistake in your research and you are not trying to incite people to terrorist acts.

Silver Thong needs adding to the watch list lol.