Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

It's crap like this, Feds...

SilverCougar

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- Federal prosecutors have launched a crackdown on pot dispensaries in California, warning the stores that they must shut down in 45 days or face criminal charges and confiscation of their property even if they are operating legally under the state's 15-year-old medical marijuana law.

In an escalation of the ongoing conflict between the U.S. government and the nation's burgeoning medical marijuana industry, at least 16 pot shops or their landlords received letters this week stating they are violating federal drug laws, even though medical marijuana is legal in California. The state's four U.S. attorneys were scheduled Friday to announce a broader coordinated crackdown.

There are some state laws, you really need to leave alone.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SilverCougar

• rashore

• MissMelsWell

• Sir Wearer of Hats

Wow, I'm a little surprised by this. I thought the MM fight was going well in favor of states rights over federal involvement. I tend to know a bit more about low THC (hemp) cannabis than high THC (drug quality) cannabis, but since most governments and most people link the two together, I've had to pay attention to the drug quality kind too.

Overall with cannabis, I think it's a crying shame that there is so much misconceptions and fears about a very useful plant. Especially in light of the tolerance to alcohol, tobacco, and the (IMO) heinous pharmaceutical greed factories.

Good to see they've got their priorities straight.

I hope I'm reading the sarcasm right.

Can anyone say "Succession". I would love to visit the country of California one day.....

Being English, I dont know USA laws but it does seem a trifle strange that a State can make certain laws which the Fed Prosecutors can over-rule. I sincerly hope that any person prosecuted for this is supported in court by their State! By the way, I am still open to debate on the cannabis issue so my feelings either way have not biased my input.

Being English, I dont know USA laws but it does seem a trifle strange that a State can make certain laws which the Fed Prosecutors can over-rule. I sincerly hope that any person prosecuted for this is supported in court by their State! By the way, I am still open to debate on the cannabis issue so my feelings either way have not biased my input.

That's how it works. Why they bother even having seperate States, I'll never know...

That's how it works. Why they bother even having seperate States, I'll never know...

If someday the fed goes teets up the states can easily fall back on their state and local govt's to continue along with as few disruptions as possible.

As for the pot busts the feds do absolutely nothing but destroy the MM inventory, confiscate all the money and then end up dropping the charges. And due to home growers cali now has so much pot anyone who wants any doesn't have to look very far so their cherry picking efforts are even more of a waste of tp dollars..

Can anyone say "Succession". I would love to visit the country of California one day.....

Can anyone say "dictionary"?

I hope I'm reading the sarcasm right.

Yeah it's sarcasm, for some reason the emoticon was missing, it was one of the little angel ones.

Can anyone say "dictionary"?

Manglish! (mangled english)

In all fairness.. I have issues with that word too.. =(

This totally hacks me off.

Obama needs to have a come to Jesus meeting with the DEA and FDA and make it VERY clear to them that marijuana is NOT his administrations priority. That's about all it would take. However, he hasn't done that so I'm assuming this is a craven lack of leadership on Obama's part.

And it's politically STUPID too. Look at the states who have medical marijuana laws... look at the states who supported Obama... they're HIS supporters! Good god, I think I might vote for SpongeBob Squarepants in the next election... he'd be better than anything that's presenting itself as leadership for the next election. And hey, he giggles all the time, I'm guessing he supports removing Marijuana from the Schedule I list. :D

This totally hacks me off.

Obama needs to have a come to Jesus meeting with the DEA and FDA and make it VERY clear to them that marijuana is NOT his administrations priority. That's about all it would take. However, he hasn't done that so I'm assuming this is a craven lack of leadership on Obama's part.

And it's politically STUPID too. Look at the states who have medical marijuana laws... look at the states who supported Obama... they're HIS supporters! Good god, I think I might vote for SpongeBob Squarepants in the next election... he'd be better than anything that's presenting itself as leadership for the next election. And hey, he giggles all the time, I'm guessing he supports removing Marijuana from the Schedule I list. :D

:nw::w00t::sleepy:

I had to throw that last one in there. I know...I'm a turd. :innocent:;)

Edited by Michelle

:nw::w00t::sleepy:

I had to throw that last one in there. I know...I'm a turd. :innocent:;)

LOL, ya, but you've always been my favorite turd around here! :D :D

LOL, ya, but you've always been my favorite turd around here! :D :D

Likewise... :wub:

In light of this MM crackdown by the feds, it makes me wonder what will happen to SB676. It was signed off on by the state senate earlier this year, and the assembly just last month. Now it awaits Jerry Brown's signature, and I wonder if he will sign off on it now or not.

SB676 is the California Industrial Hemp Farming Act.

Also makes me wonder what will be happening in the other dozen or so states that have given the nod to MM.

"... feds do absolutely nothing but destroy the MM inventory, confiscate all the money and then end up dropping the charges.

Mission Accomplished :tu:

I seem to recall you railing against States' rights in other threads Cougar.

You're either for it or you're not - there's no grey area.

There are always grey areas.

And I was never against states rights.. Only against laws being made that takes away rights of people. Federal or state.

Edited by SilverCougar

Good to see the feds support of the under ground economy. So much for the war on drugs.

Didn't candidate Obama say his administration would NOT do this?:no:

Didn't candidate Obama say his administration would NOT do this?:no:

Yeah, Obama did make noise about this if I remember correctly. But hey, Obama is spelled with an O instead of a 0 too if I remember correctly, but a lot of people seem to not remember the difference between numbers and letters too!

BTW, I notice that you did pass elementary school and can tell the difference between numbers and letters :)

Maybe someday people will be able to pass the average 10 year old in understanding cannabis too :)

Good to see the feds support of the under ground economy. So much for the war on drugs.

Yup. People who support the WoD are supporting organized crime, terrorists and they hate America, especially the constitution.

The WoD is a war waged on Americans by their own govt. Its a war against your daughter, your dad, an ailing relative...all so fat profits can fall into crime boss's and prison builder's (or worse) hands.

Well do you expect them to learn from past mistakes? It's prohibition all over again... (I'm sure you remember prohibition, preach! being as you were there first hand! =P *ducks and runs!*)

Only it's taken a lot longer for the government to clue in now with marijuana then it had when they banned booze.

There is a massive petition on that government "We the people" petition site. We got it over 50k names on it. Chances of this being taken to heart? *snorts out a laugh*

First of all, here's the criteria for a drug to be rated as a Schedule 1 Narcotic.

The drug or other substance has a high potential for abuse. --- [so we ALL know marijuana doesn't meet this criteria]

The drug or other substance has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States. --- [patently does not meet this criteria either. It is the BEST known antiemetic available and has other pain control qualities]

There is a lack of accepted safety for use of the drug or other substance under medical supervision --- [there is no data to support that it's not safe under medical supervision, in fact, there's more data to support the fact that marijuana is VERY safe under medical supervison and frankly it's safe under personal supervision as well]

The reality is that marijuana is on the Schedule 1 list at the hand of the FDA and DEA. It shouldn't be there. It doesn't meet the government's own criteria.

For pete sake COCAINE is a Schedule 2 substance. It's suppose to be used topically, like lydocaine, or novocaine, HOWEVER, did you know that "topical" also incudes orally sometimes? Many pharmacies dispense cocaine, in elixer form, as part of a pain cocktail. Often to stomach or intestinal cancer patients who require the numbing effect in their digestive tract. So if you're dying of cancer, you can get you some cocaine, but you can't get some pot which actually HELPS in positive ways??? Really? REALLY?

Edited by MissMelsWell