Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Baby Left In Car Seat For 8 Days

iamdee1

This thread is dedicated to Baby Benjamin who was left in a car seat for 8 days, wearing a snowsuit, while the temperature was 80 inside the house. He probably wasn't fed during this time and didn't have his diaper changed. It is believed that he probably wasn't fed for the 8 days either.

When they found him, he was 5 months old and weighed 10 pounds, two pounds more that he was born weighing.

What were his parents doing while he slowly died? They partied, ate, watched TV, and played video games because neither had time to take care of him.

Before reading this, I want to inform you that this story is not for the weak at heart. It is sickening to say the least and happened in the town I live in. I actually know a few of the people involved in this case and a little more of what happened than was released to the public.

Baby Benjamin was found dead at his home in 2008. The following link includes most of the facts for this case.

To view the article, scroll down past the court case number and series of events until you see the grey area, this is the event that happened.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2631.5;wap2

These are two people who will definitely be rotting in Hell.

Rest in peace Baby Benjamin.

Edited by iamdee1

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iamdee1

• susieice

• Indiogene

• Aaronsmom

Gaol is too good for some people.

What's the bet the father will get a sterner sentence then the mother?

Gaol is too good for some people.

What's the bet the father will get a sterner sentence then the mother?

He got 100 years during a trial. She got 50 because she pled guilty. According to Illinois State Law, I believe they will do the majority of their sentences. Pretty sick stuff.

Edited by iamdee1

That story is heartbreaking. That poor child. Dad got 100 years and mom got 50. Is that with or without parole? Neither one of them could figure out that a 5 month old needs care? How could they be that callous? The article doesn't mention who called the police. The only good thing is that the mother's other child will not have to go through something like this.

Bad parenting like this case is a crime, not only in legal sense, it's morals and religious dogma. A crime like child abuse and neglect should be punished to the maximum allowed by the law of these people's state or country they live in. The 50-100 year jail sentences are gonna keep them for the rest of their lives, unless they're eligible for parole...but hope they sit in jail forever and rot there. :angry: I pray for the baby in a better place, and for all that's holy to anoint infant souls as guardian angels. :innocent:

Oh ugh! It is hard to wrap my mind around how anyone could be so inhuman, and even more so to think what this poor baby's death was like, and his suffering. The mother said she had wanted to give the baby up for adoption...why the Hell didn't she?? If only she had! There are no words for something so revolting!

Apparently the 50 years is set in stone, so the mother can't get out until 70+ depending on how long the court proceedings take. We'll see...

The only really fair punishment for them would be to be locked in a car chained and let them rot.

There is actually more to the story than was released, they will usually cut out some of the details and lessen charges and some things are not discussed in the news especially with crimes like this. The public tends to get outraged about these things.

I know a guy who worked at the coroners office and some of the police who worked on the case. I was informed that most likely it wasn't the starvation that killed Benjamin. The baby had such a terrible case of gangrene on his rear, from sitting in the urine and feces for so long, that is believed to have been what ended his life, not the starvation, but starvation was the ruling they released in the news.

Also, the mother claimed she gave the baby a bottle before she left and headed out of town to be with a man she met on the internet. She did head out of town but police believed the baby was already dead and that is one of the reasons she left the bottle, to make it look like she didn't know and to cover up the fact that she was involved with his death. Then she high tailed it out of town so the whole incident could be blamed on the father.

I had several people come into the shop and tell me they were also living at the house and some were staying in the garage. It was a party house and from what I was told, there were several people aware of the fact that Benjamin was being severly abused but were too into what they were doing inside the house to do something about it.

About day 2, since the baby was in the way in the middle of the floor, he was picked up and placed into a separate room, where the door was closed. Benjamin died in a room that closed off so he wouldn't be in the way and died alone.

He had probably been dead a couple days before the father found out. I believe he was the one to call the police.

I believe that because of the severity of the crime and the age of the victim, they will be forced to serve at least 90% of their sentence. I will double check this and get into the department of corrections to see if either one of them is eligible for parole and let everyone know.

About a year after this story came out, another young couple were accused of abusing their small infant child. They were caught after the parents took the baby to the emergency room and police were called. The father tried to run out with the baby and was stopped.

In this instance, the baby had a broken arm and broken leg and 17 broken ribs. The news released the fact that this abuse could have started long before he was taken to the hospital as some of the injuries were older than others. It was also released that the father, a large person, grabbed the baby in a bear hug and squeezed as hard as he could while he and the mother laughed about the sound the popping ribs made. This incident happened about a mile from my house. These two inbreds got very little time for that crime, if I remember right, it was less than 5 years each.

I really believe that each prisoner should wear a tag around their necks to let all the other know what they did to get there. Let a thousand of their peers figure out their destinies, my opinion anyway.

That second story is just disgusting iamdee1. They found it's breaking ribs amusing? Less than 5 years is a disgrace of a sentence.

In my opinion, everyone who went into that house and did nothing should be charged with neglect for not reporting what they knew was going on. Drugs or not, someone should have had some compassion and a little common sense. This story just went from horrific to downright scary. What is wrong with people?

That second story is just disgusting iamdee1. They found it's breaking ribs amusing? Less than 5 years is a disgrace of a sentence.

In my opinion, everyone who went into that house and did nothing should be charged with neglect for not reporting what they knew was going on. Drugs or not, someone should have had some compassion and a little common sense. This story just went from horrific to downright scary. What is wrong with people?

You are so right about the second case too. Really terrible the society we live in is willing to let something like this be swept under the rug. Here is a link to the second case in case anyone wants to read up on it.

These two morons, dispite their age, had their own place and the fact that Michael was only 15 at the time of the crime, helped their case a lot, in my opinion. Really sick people out there. As in the last case, not everything was released to the public and there was more there than what the news reported.

It's not always good to know people that have all the answers in some of these cases.

I knew Stephanie Bartons mother and "baby daddy" in school.

http://www.pjstar.com/news/x1655276343/Teen-parents-plead-guilty-to-abusing-infant-son

I also agree with you that everyone involved in the baby Benjamin case should have been equally responsible whether it is the parents or someone living there partying. When this guy told me there were others staying in the house and garage, I asked him why he didn't call someone about it, he told me he didn't want to upset them because he was homeless and didn't know where he would go if he made them mad. When the baby was found, everyone high tailed it out of there so it would look like a normal disfunctional family.

WTF!!!!.......Some people are stupid in my opinion.

Edited by iamdee1

They should chain the two together, back to back, throw a thick wool blanket over them, Turn the heat up as high as it will go. Then occasionally people can come in with food and cold water, and eat and drink it ... right in front of them. Do this untl they are mad and on the brink of death, and THEN unlock them from each other, and throw them in prison for the rest of thier pathetic lives.

I surfed the Department of corrections and discovered that both Sargent and Herman, the killers in the death of baby Benjamin, will do 98% of their sentence before coming up for parole.

Stephanie Barton however, got a 7 1/2 year sentence charged with a lesser crime of Domestic Battery, in a sick twist of justice, she has already been released after completing 2 years and 3 days so she didn't even do the 5 years that I originally remembered in my earlier post.

I am sure Michael is in a Juvenile facility awaiting his 18th birthday, when he will probably be released too.

Pretty sad, these two clowns at the age of 18 and 20, will be able to breed again and probably damage another innocent child.

Edited by iamdee1

This is beyond horrible and beyond words. I did not see or hear about this on the news when it happened. The two people responsible do not deserve to see the light of day - throw them into the dungeon!

OMG, that poor child.

I find it amazing that humans are thought of as anything better than animals when cases like this come to light. If an animal casts a baby out to die it's for a good reason, not because it's too busy effing around with other crap to bother with rearing it's young.

In all the human views of the sacredness of human life, it frightens me at how much better we think we are while animals are superior at raising and treating their young than we are in some ways. Animals raise their young with the goal of them being successful adults, we often do not.

Cases like this also make me champion abortion and easement of adoption. If those people had aborted, the child would have not had to suffer. If adoptive parent(s) might have not been the most awesome by adoption standards, they still would have been a darn sight better than allowing a baby to starve to death while off dinking around on their own selfish entertainment.

The only consolation to me in a case like this is that the breeders will be supremely unlikely to breed again and cause another person to suffer. Yeah, breeders. Offensive term, but I will not sully the term parent by using it in this case with the way those breeders behaved.

Illinois is pretty messed up. Many times these unwanted children are mearly in the home as a meal ticket. Food stamps, electric stimulous checks, and Aid for Dependant Children are the reason that we seem to, in my eyes anyway, have such a high number of cases of child abuse. No children, no welfare checks. It's very simple and that is probably why Tracy didn't get an abortion or give the baby up.

I know it stated that Tracy worked as a waitress but you can still work and get welfare assistance if you are considered low income in Illinois. It never did say whether James worked or not and if he was the primary care giver, I would say he didn't work at all.

Also, did anyone happen to notice where Tracy said she gave the baby a bottle before she left to see her new internet date? When all along, she blamed the whole think on James and stated that the caregiving was all done by him, proof that she knew the baby was dead before she left or she wouldn't have put the bottle with it. There was no motherly instinct there at all.

Tracys 3 year old child that was in the home was taken by the state and put into some sort of state protection. I'm not sure if it suffered abuse or not or what has happened to it since this case appeared on the news.

Edited by iamdee1

That is digusting both cases..and for the only one agreed only five years!!! I am not one to advocate for assains, but I do believe in protecting those who are defenseless/innoccent ect..and when no one else is defending them and the criminals don't get time..I believe they shouldn't waste anyones money and be 'assined'...as horrid as that sounds not as nearly horrible as what they did. My heart goes out to both infants, may you be living a much better place now.

I agree, there should other wasy to deal with some of these crimes. Stephanie didn't even get the 5 years I thought she did, she served 2 years and 3 days. Pretty sick in my opinion, both her activities, and the justice system that freed her.

Yeah, IL is messed up. WI is too, IMO. And a lot of other states. Breeding for others to pay for in general is pretty FUBAR to me. Be a parent, or fukoff and don't breed for your stupid IMO. Welfare of any type is a government nice to help those really in need, and those that abuse the system or breed in the expectation of others to deal with.. well... that's a horrible for another thread.

Anywho, I don't think any government anything should be held accountable. Personal responsibility is where it's at. Don't effing breed if you can't deal with the results. Humans can help their breeding habits in ways that no other animal can. Parenting is a serious responsibility. When I was a widow and needed help, it was suggested that I would be better situated if I had a child.. My response was if I can't tackle what is going on in my widowhood, it would be evil to bring a child into the mix. Eff, at 22, I can't take care of what is going on, I should spread and bear to make my baby bear the burden of my misfortune?

Cases like this make me believe that pretty much every other animal on the planet are more humane than animals are.

Sorry for getting all angry, just stuff like this makes me think humans are the most selfish, immoral, an hypocritical thing on the planet that yeah, makes me pray for a 6 billion or so smite down on the planet.

These people deserve life in prison. It's a shame that money would be spent on these subhuman scumbags, but death is too quick and torture is too extreme (even though that is what they did to the poor kid)

If these were the dark ages, I'd have recommended the blood eagle, but we don't follow the old ways anymore. :(

I breed tiny toy pomeranians and if a stranger tried to touch one of their babies, that stranger would have their face ripped off by one nasty mother.

Edited by iamdee1

Yeah, IL is messed up. WI is too, IMO. And a lot of other states. Breeding for others to pay for in general is pretty FUBAR to me. Be a parent, or fukoff and don't breed for your stupid IMO. Welfare of any type is a government nice to help those really in need, and those that abuse the system or breed in the expectation of others to deal with.. well... that's a horrible for another thread.

Anywho, I don't think any government anything should be held accountable. Personal responsibility is where it's at. Don't effing breed if you can't deal with the results. Humans can help their breeding habits in ways that no other animal can. Parenting is a serious responsibility. When I was a widow and needed help, it was suggested that I would be better situated if I had a child.. My response was if I can't tackle what is going on in my widowhood, it would be evil to bring a child into the mix. Eff, at 22, I can't take care of what is going on, I should spread and bear to make my baby bear the burden of my misfortune?

Cases like this make me believe that pretty much every other animal on the planet are more humane than animals are.

Sorry for getting all angry, just stuff like this makes me think humans are the most selfish, immoral, an hypocritical thing on the planet that yeah, makes me pray for a 6 billion or so smite down on the planet.

I agree with you 100%. Don't have the children when you are using them to be your anchor. Absolutely ridiculous in my opinion we, as a nation, are already being greatly effected by this.

These are both very sad cases. It makes me wonder, sadly, how many other babies and children are being treated the same way, and because they survive it and no one notices, they are forced to live with it on a daily basis and no chance of help coming.

Really sad.

In the case of the second child, the article says the mother was 18 and the father was 15. Did they live on their own or with someone's parents? Were there social workers involved with this case? Why would an infant be left in a house with a 15yr old father and no supervision? He was too young to collect welfare on his own. Did the 18yr old claim him as a dependant? Sooo many questions. IMO, that's just asking for trouble.