Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Baby Left In Car Seat For 8 Days

iamdee1

These people deserve life in prison. It's a shame that money would be spent on these subhuman scumbags, but death is too quick and torture is too extreme (even though that is what they did to the poor kid)

If these were the dark ages, I'd have recommended the blood eagle, but we don't follow the old ways anymore. :(

Yes, they do deserve to spend the rest of their lives in prison which is what Benjamins mother and father will do. And after we pay for their attoneys, then we can continue to pay for their clothes, meals, shelter, guards to watch over them, and college educations which for the life of me, what do they need one of those for when they are doing 50-100 years.

Are they really going to amount to anything anyway?

I say, if you do something like these 2 pair of idiots did, make them work 80 hours weeks, day in and day out, week after week, year after year....and take all their money for room, board, and attorney fees.

Then, after they complete their sentences, then we can kill 'em.

Edited by iamdee1

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iamdee1

• susieice

• Indiogene

• Aaronsmom

In the case of the second child, the article says the mother was 18 and the father was 15. Did they live on their own or with someone's parents? Were there social workers involved with this case? Why would an infant be left in a house with a 15yr old father and no supervision? He was too young to collect welfare on his own. Did the 18yr old claim him as a dependant? Sooo many questions. IMO, that's just asking for trouble.

I always believed they lived on their own but I don't know this 100%. I went to school with Stephanies mom, who wouldn't have helped at all and I don't know his family. I don't remember ever hearing about any of their parents being in the picture. May have been, but I never heard about it.

In my opinion, If there were other people in the house, with that much abuse, there would have been something in the papers about what was the grandparents doing to stop this.

Some of Stephanie and Michaels little babys broken bones were reported to be about a month old. Also, he had been bit in his face previously and still had the indentations from that bite. A grandparent should have turned that in if they were there and they would have gotten in trouble for not turning it in.

I don't believe the 15 year old was left in the house alone with the baby, the mother at some point was right beside him and knew what was going on and she was 18. She even admitted to doing some of the abuse.

As far as child welfare, I wouldn't put all my apples in that basket either. I know personally of child abuse cases where these abusers still have their kids, or the kids are returned to abusive parents shortly after being taken.

I'm sure if Stephanie and Michael were collecting welfare, it was in Stephanies name and Michael probably shouldn't have been there. I don't think the state knowingly will give ADC to take care of the "baby daddy", only the mother and children. Mothers will sneak them in and hide stuff during home visits. If Stephanie was on welfare, she probably knew how to use it.

Ok, I have and I think anybody should have a soft spot for people that cannot take care of themselves... Be it an infant, elderly or mentally challenged.

With that in mind, I can honestly say that I have nothing good to say so I should probably say nothing. Sometimes it seems as if EVIL isn't a strong enough word.

There is actually more to the story than was released, they will usually cut out some of the details and lessen charges and some things are not discussed in the news especially with crimes like this. The public tends to get outraged about these things.

I know a guy who worked at the coroners office and some of the police who worked on the case. I was informed that most likely it wasn't the starvation that killed Benjamin. The baby had such a terrible case of gangrene on his rear, from sitting in the urine and feces for so long, that is believed to have been what ended his life, not the starvation, but starvation was the ruling they released in the news.

Also, the mother claimed she gave the baby a bottle before she left and headed out of town to be with a man she met on the internet. She did head out of town but police believed the baby was already dead and that is one of the reasons she left the bottle, to make it look like she didn't know and to cover up the fact that she was involved with his death. Then she high tailed it out of town so the whole incident could be blamed on the father.

I had several people come into the shop and tell me they were also living at the house and some were staying in the garage. It was a party house and from what I was told, there were several people aware of the fact that Benjamin was being severly abused but were too into what they were doing inside the house to do something about it.

About day 2, since the baby was in the way in the middle of the floor, he was picked up and placed into a separate room, where the door was closed. Benjamin died in a room that closed off so he wouldn't be in the way and died alone.

He had probably been dead a couple days before the father found out. I believe he was the one to call the police.

I believe that because of the severity of the crime and the age of the victim, they will be forced to serve at least 90% of their sentence. I will double check this and get into the department of corrections to see if either one of them is eligible for parole and let everyone know.

About a year after this story came out, another young couple were accused of abusing their small infant child. They were caught after the parents took the baby to the emergency room and police were called. The father tried to run out with the baby and was stopped.

In this instance, the baby had a broken arm and broken leg and 17 broken ribs. The news released the fact that this abuse could have started long before he was taken to the hospital as some of the injuries were older than others. It was also released that the father, a large person, grabbed the baby in a bear hug and squeezed as hard as he could while he and the mother laughed about the sound the popping ribs made. This incident happened about a mile from my house. These two inbreds got very little time for that crime, if I remember right, it was less than 5 years each.

I really believe that each prisoner should wear a tag around their necks to let all the other know what they did to get there. Let a thousand of their peers figure out their destinies, my opinion anyway.

This re-affirms my belief that true evil exists in this world. I am at a loss for words.

How is it possible for someone, let alone a parent, to degenerate into such a soul-less, abominable shell, as to be able to obtain pleasure in squeezing the life out of their own baby, hearing the sound of their ribs popping? This breaks my heart.

I hope that this poor, defenseless soul that had to unnecessarily experience such blasphemous evil in his lifetime, dying alone, filthy and unloved, enjoys unbounded love in heaven, while his 'parents' rot in hell for an eternity.

These are two people who will definitely be rotting in Hell.

O.O

.... =.=

You know, putting them in jail solves nothing, and what does religion have to do with anything? Hell is not even from Christianity...

Anyways... I think people should be ashamed for how they act, selifsh in non the less.

I am not talking about the parents, they obviously need to go to a asylum, get help, not being treated like this. Consider this, all the family, friends and all around, yet none tried to help these people.

Should not people try to help new parents? Perhaps they did not know what a baby can do and can not do. I heard of this case some years ago, though it is a terrible way to die, one have to ask, who leaves responsibility to only two unsure no gooders who can not even get order into their own life? The grandmother at least should have tried to show what one should do or talk about how much a baby can eat.

What is wrong is showing so little goodwill to help another, the nature of americans... is distastefull. If everyone had shown a little more care for each other instead of caring for only themselves, perhaps it would not have been like this.

When regarding who was evil here, the most evil among them as I can see is the mother.

So why she is given only 50 years (seriously, what's wrong with people? 50 years for what? Being mentaly ill?) while the father is given 100? (I feel bad for him, for he seemed to care more for the child than the mother)

I at least think it is dispicabel that you prefer putting people in jail instead of finding a way to help them understand what has happen. It is dispicable to throw stones on someone who is already down. As said, someone should have helped them realise the work a child needed. Anyone they knew could check on the child I think.

In norway no one leaves a family to care for their children alone.

Everyone checks a child, friends, family, strangers, neighbours, even kids, so it would never happen in norway. And if it did, it would not be named murder, but mentale instability which means it would be treatment of both the parents. It's shamefull how people have to find a black sheep among the white, to find the witch to blame instead of going through their own systems, of how things might have been if there was a different culture or different life values. Is it any strange that babies die that way if no one really care for other than themselves?

That though is my opinion.

It is a shame what has happen, but it is more shamefull how people prefer to react afterwards... putting people in jail solves nothing in these scenarios. What has happen can not be changed, it is wrong to hang them for their own mental problems (which no one seemed to care for, and which made them ignore the fact that these kids got a baby which ment something more than the parents had responsibilitys for. Everyone had a responsibility around them, not just the parents. You can't leave a mental ill person with a child, that's just stupid to think it will go well).

It appears that we have a difference of opinion.

Norway, has a population of approximately 5 million people, the United States has a population of 312 million with over 2 million people sitting in prison, that's almost half your population. Many of these people are murderers, rapists, pediophiles, even serial killers, ect. I don't know that any of us would feel safe knowing that these people would be entering an asylum with a chance of being let loose on the public.

Then you have the question as to where these asylums would be placed to house 2 million people, not to mention the one-on-one care that would need to be provided, and how many nurses would it take to care for these people. How many of these unarmed nurses and Psychitrists would be injured or killed when the criminals tried to escape.

Seriously, anyone that kills another person, IMO, is mentally unstable yet, many are not so unstable that they cannot try to cover up the fact that they killed. Inmates try to escape prison every day in this country.

Tracey and James already had a 4 year old. They knew what they were getting into when they had this second child unless they developed a severe case of "stupid" when they starved this second child to death and left him to lay in his own waste. Tracey knew the baby was dead and in my opinion, that is why she gave it a bottle and high tailed it out of town to be with her new "friend".

That to me is not a sign of mental health issues. I call that covering her own butt. Both her and James were mentally stable enough to feed themselves, they knew they were hungry, they knew they had to sleep, and they knew how to turn the Television on, they knew how to play video games, they knew how to party, but they were too unstable to know they needed to feed and change a baby, especially after they already have one, I find this a little unbelievable.

These two should never be put back into society and I don't believe I am not just throwing stones at someone when they are down. These people did what they did with no regards to human life. Would you prefer it all get pushed under the rug, a couple months treatment in a psych ward, and off to breed again?

I don't think of myself as a person that only thinks of themselves. I do watch out for my neigborhood children, take the elderly meals, hubby snowblows 4 houses during winter so the elderly and handicapped neighbors don't get hurt doing it. Not all Americans are self centered. There are a few of us out there that really do care about others and I am sure if you ask fellow U.M. members living in the U.S., they will tell you there is someone they take care of too.

Selfishness should not be pushed off onto the entire U.S. population, there are many here that are trying to make a difference but I'm sorry, I cannot feel sorry people that kill

They were tried before a judge and jury of their peers and I do believe the punishment fit the crime.

Edited by iamdee1

discraceful to say the least....people like this should be made to have the procedure to never be allowed to have any child in their care ever :cry:

It appears that we have a difference of opinion.

Norway, has a population of approximately 5 million people, the United States has a population of 312 million with over 2 million people sitting in prison, that's almost half your population. Many of these people are murderers, rapists, pediophiles, even serial killers, ect. I don't know that any of us would feel safe knowing that these people would be entering an asylum with a chance of being let loose on the public.

Then you have the question as to where these asylums would be placed to house 2 million people, not to mention the one-on-one care that would need to be provided, and how many nurses would it take to care for these people. How many of these unarmed nurses and Psychitrists would be injured or killed when the criminals tried to escape.

Seriously, anyone that kills another person, IMO, is mentally unstable yet, many are not so unstable that they cannot try to cover up the fact that they killed. Inmates try to escape prison every day in this country.

Tracey and James already had a 4 year old. They knew what they were getting into when they had this second child unless they developed a severe case of "stupid" when they starved this second child to death and left him to lay in his own waste. Tracey knew the baby was dead and in my opinion, that is why she gave it a bottle and high tailed it out of town to be with her new "friend".

That to me is not a sign of mental health issues. I call that covering her own butt. Both her and James were mentally stable enough to feed themselves, they knew they were hungry, they knew they had to sleep, and they knew how to turn the Television on, they knew how to play video games, they knew how to party, but they were too unstable to know they needed to feed and change a baby, especially after they already have one, I find this a little unbelievable.

These two should never be put back into society and I don't believe I am not just throwing stones at someone when they are down. These people did what they did with no regards to human life. Would you prefer it all get pushed under the rug, a couple months treatment in a psych ward, and off to breed again?

I don't think of myself as a person that only thinks of themselves. I do watch out for my neigborhood children, take the elderly meals, hubby snowblows 4 houses during winter so the elderly and handicapped neighbors don't get hurt doing it. Not all Americans are self centered. There are a few of us out there that really do care about others and I am sure if you ask fellow U.M. members living in the U.S., they will tell you there is someone they take care of too.

Selfishness should not be pushed off onto the entire U.S. population, there are many here that are trying to make a difference but I'm sorry, I cannot feel sorry people that kill

They were tried before a judge and jury of their peers and I do believe the punishment fit the crime.

I am not judging all, just those who were close enough to do something.

I am taking a bet on that the grandmother raised the last child mostly, but getting older she had less time to the child this time.

In any case, how can you think a person is capabel of understanding their own actions? Mental unstable people don't know the norms of the world, so of course they would not see it as bad, perhaps cry, but a child would be the same as a pet to them. I judge the familys, the friends or the neighbours.

What good will jail do? Financialy it is just stupid, and the person would not learn anything by their mistake. "Oh I get free meal, bed and all that on the account of the other americans out there, and I need not do anything anymore." Perfect exuce for nodogoders if you ask me. Mental unstable people or with problems in their psyce should be taken through a account of how they percive the world. How they react to things that should make one cry perhaps.

The less you accept someone, the more horrors will emerge.

Consider this, Canada works perfectly, a close country to America, perhaps not all perfect, but not a lot of people prefer crimes there. Why one might ask. Consider it.

Why is it so bad in America with criminality, death, murders, rape and all that all the godforsaken time? What is the difference? Perhaps Canada is more open? Trying to help people instead of trying to force it's ways through.

Power is not everything you see, for if you think you will see there is a way to make the world seems less like hell for everyday people, and more like a place one can shape and create. If people is outside there will always be a outside if no one lets them in... pain is a cause by neglect, and suffering emerges from this insane action of neglect on the people.

How do you think other countries survive? They try to create a world for everyone. Everyone has a chance, but as I have seen in USA there is allways people who is neglected. Even neglected people in other countries have a chance, but in USA it is obvious, people who is neglected will never be accepted. If anyone is unacepted they fall farther away, so in the end they might not care anymore. They don't know right from wrong maybe because everyone tells them they do mistakes, they are a mistake, they are not worth it. If your always told your a mistake, how do you know if you do good or bad?

Consider it.

I for one will never abid to such disgracefull laws and ways to solve things. Shuffeling away problems do not solve them, they will still be there.

"Behind safe walls" you say, but I say, your the one who drive yourself into a cage. Denying people a second chance, denying them to solve the problems is not the way to go.

A child died yes, but who is really the culpit?

Not the parents I say, but the society which shaped them.

I believe you are confusing mental illness w/ sociopathy, Set the Fallen. Sociopathy isn't a true mental illness, according to criteria set by the mental health profession (DSMV). It's a personality disorder. There is a difference. In the horrendous case of poor baby Benjamin, it sounds to me as though the parents are sociopaths, not solely mentally ill. Personality disorders can't really be cured. This is certainly true of sociopathy. Sociopaths can't benefit from mental health interventions available today. There is something very basic that's missing in the person's psyche. It is not known whether this is something that happens in psychological development, or if it might be something organic, like a deficit or malfunction in the brain. There is a growing school of thought that it may be a combination of the two. In any case, psychiatry has attempted many treatments for sociopaths, none of which have shown success. Personality disorders are pretty intractable.

I doubt very much the mother and father in this case can ever improve. As such, they will always pose a significant threat to society, not only to any children they may have. There really is no suitable place for them than a very long stay in prison. We can argue for the next three weeks about social ills and what society can do to prevent such

terrible tragedies, but that won't change the fact that Benjamin's mother and father belong in prison. This wasn't a simple case of neglect, or poor parental judgment. This infant died a horrific death of almost unimaginable proportion. I feel horribly sick and full of grief imagining how horrendously this innocent, helpless baby suffered in his hellish, drawn-out death. People who could allow this to happen aren't truly human. They are monsters, even on the scale of the average sociopath.

I am not judging all, just those who were close enough to do something.

I am taking a bet on that the grandmother raised the last child mostly, but getting older she had less time to the child this time.

In any case, how can you think a person is capabel of understanding their own actions? Mental unstable people don't know the norms of the world, so of course they would not see it as bad, perhaps cry, but a child would be the same as a pet to them. I judge the familys, the friends or the neighbours.

What good will jail do? Financialy it is just stupid, and the person would not learn anything by their mistake. "Oh I get free meal, bed and all that on the account of the other americans out there, and I need not do anything anymore." Perfect exuce for nodogoders if you ask me. Mental unstable people or with problems in their psyce should be taken through a account of how they percive the world. How they react to things that should make one cry perhaps.

The less you accept someone, the more horrors will emerge.

Consider this, Canada works perfectly, a close country to America, perhaps not all perfect, but not a lot of people prefer crimes there. Why one might ask. Consider it.

Why is it so bad in America with criminality, death, murders, rape and all that all the godforsaken time? What is the difference? Perhaps Canada is more open? Trying to help people instead of trying to force it's ways through.

Power is not everything you see, for if you think you will see there is a way to make the world seems less like hell for everyday people, and more like a place one can shape and create. If people is outside there will always be a outside if no one lets them in... pain is a cause by neglect, and suffering emerges from this insane action of neglect on the people.

How do you think other countries survive? They try to create a world for everyone. Everyone has a chance, but as I have seen in USA there is allways people who is neglected. Even neglected people in other countries have a chance, but in USA it is obvious, people who is neglected will never be accepted. If anyone is unacepted they fall farther away, so in the end they might not care anymore. They don't know right from wrong maybe because everyone tells them they do mistakes, they are a mistake, they are not worth it. If your always told your a mistake, how do you know if you do good or bad?

Consider it.

I for one will never abid to such disgracefull laws and ways to solve things. Shuffeling away problems do not solve them, they will still be there.

"Behind safe walls" you say, but I say, your the one who drive yourself into a cage. Denying people a second chance, denying them to solve the problems is not the way to go.

A child died yes, but who is really the culpit?

Not the parents I say, but the society which shaped them.

Tracey and James did live with one of the parents for awhile, however, they had been on their own for months, months that were spent taking care of the child, feeding him and changing him. It is hard to believe that they could take care of this child on their own for months and months, then suddenly forget to do anything with him because their relationship was deteriorating.

Once again, it is hard to compare Canada with a population of 33 million to the United States 312 million. They have less people and perhaps they have more time for a one-on-one intervention. With our population as large as it is, there is no way the tax payers could pick up such a bill.

Since you made the comparision between a child and a pet. Everyone that I know, would agree you have too take care of both. I raise tiny toy Pomeranians and work a full time job. I know that everyday I come home, an hour must be spent taking care of everyone, feeding them, giving baths when they need it, treats and hugs are needed. If I ever get to the point where I cannot take care of them the way they need to be taken care, I'll get everyone fixed and shut down the puppy business. I should also mention that I have over 200 fish, both fresh and saltwater and they have to be cared for too. There's a lot of work involved with taking care of things you love and I guarantee you, if you love them, you will take the time to care for them, mentally unstable or not.

I honestly don't see where this can be blamed on the grandparents or the neighbors either. They were old enough to play house and have this child, so they should be responsible enough to care and feed it. Where were the hugs and kisses for baby Benjamin? Most likely from his grandmother, who is somehow getting the finger pointed at her.

The reason it always seems that U.S. citizens are always in the news is because there are so many of us. I believe we have one of the largest populations in the world and with large populations also come those that the rest of the population are afraid of and mental health rehabilitation would be wonderful except for the fact that many of these people wouldn't want the treatment being offered to them and too many lives would be at risk to take a chance on success.

Here in the U.S., they make no secrets about what will happen to you if you kill, steal, rape, ect. so there was no shock factor when this happened. Tracy and James knew what the outcome would be for killing their child. That is why James had his head on the desk and was crying while he was in the courtroom. If he hadn't known the outcome for his actions, then why the tears? The tears were for his loss of freedom, not because he killed his child.

I myself, do not believe that treatment in a mental facility will help either one of them. They are what they are and it is over for them, they will spend most of the rest of their life in prison where people like us will feed them and clothe them and tell them when to sleep.

It was not the grandparents responsibility, the neighbors, strangers on the street, or mine to take care of their child. James and Tracey are to blame for their own actions and I don't believe they were so unstable, that they didn't know Benjamin might need to be taken care of.

We live in the society that we have. We have laws in this country, laws that apply to all, laws that protect us from the serial killers and baby killers. I for one, stand behind the laws that I have been conditioned to believe in.

Edited by iamdee1

iamdee1, over 2 million incarcerated in prisons/jails is too high for the USA, a large percentage are young males aged 14 to 25 when juvenile halls are full and many states can convict minors as adults, esp. Black/African-American is the most represented race in prisons in some states more blacks than whites are behind bars, and in Cal. the majority (over 50%) are Latino, many are illegally here and being unnaturalized they should be deported for felony convictions, but also the majority of Cal. prison inmates are in the same gender and age range: Males from 18 to 29. The irony is most of the convictions of all prisoners in this country are misdemeanors, first-only-last strike (not the 3 you're out) kind and for drug possession, esp. marijuana.

Yes, I know there are a lot of petty criminals sitting in prison, and I know they don't normally get the amount of prison time that harder criminals get. In my opinion, it is all done on a individual basis, the guy with a joint in his pocket should not get the same amount as the guy with a kilo of coke in his possession and in Illinois, simple marijuana possession is mearly a ticket and a fine.

In Illinois, we have the 3 strike law too, however, it is rarely enforced and I know people who have been in and out of the system for years. Usually with a petty crime, they almost always come up for parole early. I'm not talking days, I'm talking many years knocked off and it is possible to get a 4 year sentence and be out in 4 months, with good behavior and time served. That to me is a little rediculous, why give them that long when you know they will be out much sooner, except for the fact, it is a reward process for adapting well in prison. Those that don't adapt well, will stay longer.

We had a man that came to town that had many stikes against him. Locals heard him talking about robbing us and killing everyone that works here so the police were notified on more than one occasion and we were told to be very afraid. This man had a background of 8 armed robberies, attempted murder, and rape and was given a grand total of 112 years for his crimes and had been released on several occasions only to return many more times and he was out again.

He was overheard claiming he was going to kill us. We talked about this and decided we had 3 options....close the shop, go about our daily business like nothing was wrong, or prepare ourselves for when and if he does show up. We started wearing bullet proof vest, loaded guns, left shotguns laying behind the counter. When he did show up, we were ready for him and when he walked around the counter to attempt to stab the boss, he ended up with a pistol and double barrel in his face.

This man had the sanity to put up his hands and say "not today" as he was backing out the door. Three days later, he walked into a bar a few blocks away and stabbed the old man that owned it 12 times while robbing him and taking his gun. When this criminal got caught, they ruled him mentally incapable of understanding what he was doing and he was sent somewhere for rehabilitation this time. I don't believe he needed rehabilitation, that wouldn't have brought us back if he had killed us, and his criminal record speaks for itself. His rehabilitation meant nothing to me except to succeed in getting me irritated. My logic on it is that he had enough sense to know he shouldn't take a knife to a gun fight and backed out the door.

I believe that a lot of people know how to work the system in the U.S. and I do agree there are some that have been given too long of sentence for petty crimes.

This is not the only time during my life that I have been in extreme danger. Prisons make me feel a little safer about the world around me.

Edited by iamdee1

They should take both of them,put them in snow suits when its 90 degrees outside and strap them in a car for 8 days.then they would know how this poor baby felt.well,at least the baby's in heaven,some place these two M%&*#F!@*%'S will never see. that makes me mad. :cat:

I really believe that each prisoner should wear a tag around their necks to let all the other know what they did to get there. Let a thousand of their peers figure out their destinies, my opinion anyway.

Pretty sad, these two clowns at the age of 18 and 20, will be able to breed again and probably damage another innocent child.

Incidents like this make me wish that 1) we could make them both sterile immediately, and 2) Mark them in some way as iamdee stated. Though I would rather something more permanent like a tattoo and something that couldn't be covered up by clothing. Something like the red 'A' from the Scarlet Letter, but maybe 'BK' for baby killer instead.

Incidents like this make me wish that 1) we could make them both sterile immediately, and 2) Mark them in some way as iamdee stated. Though I would rather something more permanent like a tattoo and something that couldn't be covered up by clothing. Something like the red 'A' from the Scarlet Letter, but maybe 'BK' for baby killer instead.

Never thought about tattooing them but that is a good thought. Let the world see them for what they are.

My God, these people are idiots. They could've given him up for partial adoption! They both could've still been part of their child's life, even if they didn't want to care for him completely.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

Thread cleaned

Can we keep the comments civil and respectful please.

Thank you.

:( RIP little man, you had no hope in this world with "parents" like yours :cry:

Hope they rot in hell! :angry:

This story drives me mad.. How do they not notice that they've forgotten there child in the car?? :angry:

This reminds me of another story where a child was left in the van alone forgotten. The woman who took this lady's kid along with her's to day care claimed she forgot about the baby in the back seat of the van in his/her car seat because she wasn't used to having 3 kids.

Still though if you really think about it.. How could you possibly forget about having the baby in the back seat if she had to go back there in the fist place to get her children out of there car seats...

Doesn't make sense.. Just like these people, how could they possibly forget that they've left there child in the car??

Just like these people, how could they possibly forget that they've left there child in the car

Nobody forgot the baby in the car. They took him inside, just didn't bother to take him out of his car seat or snowsuit... or change him, or feed him, or anything.

Read.