Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dozens witness strange UFO over Missouri

Missouri experienced the 8th highest number of UFO reports in the United States last month.

Apparently the brightly-lit vehicle has been flying low over cars on the highway, and appears to break up into smaller craft. Dozens of witnesses have reported seeing it, boosting Missouri to a "UFO Alert" level 3.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mike G

• booNyzarC

• Kludge808

• Asphodel

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

UFO, I doubt it. Looks to me like a government developed craft more so then anything, but thats imo.

So no-one had a decent camera or the ability to use it? No webcam visuals? No link to the original image or camera details/settings? Ah yes, ufology rolls on as usual..

May I suggest that someone who is into all that commenting stuff, linking to facebook, etc etc.. post a comment on that page requesting the *original* image and exif? Thanks awfully!

Well Hybrid i would think the same, but it bugs me when it says " It broke down to smaller crafts"

A space ant!

:D

Well Hybrid i would think the same, but it bugs me when it says " It broke down to smaller crafts"

'Perhaps' the craft is larger then it looks, making it easier to break down into smaller pieces :S

Either that or sum1 went Battledfield on it and Gustaved it lol xD

Yes there is MASS HALLUCINATION taking place in Missouri...everyone is HALLUCINATING...or maybe all these strangers got together and said lets come up with a UFO story....Mmm Hmm that's exactly whats taking place. *rolls eyes*

Why can't I ever be one of the dozens of witnesses? :( Aliens don't like San Antonio I guess. Haters :P

Well Hybrid... By definition, it is a UFO. As it is currently Unidentified. Government planes and such dont usually break into little pieces, and if they did. That would be a top secret craft. Not one that they are going to just fly over a traffic jam and demonstrate to everyone below all its cool gadgets. But hey maybe you are right.... so lets just poo poo all over this story right away. Those witnesses must all have some mental issues.

Why can't I ever be one of the dozens of witnesses? :( Aliens don't like San Antonio I guess. Haters :P

They're not real fond of Hawaii either, which is kind of weird. Of course, we have our own aliens here only we call the "tourists". :lol:

They had a video of it on the news last night. It looked sort of like a b2 bomber with lights on it.

it says "broke up into smaller crafts" when the picture itself doesn't even look like a larger craft. So it may have "broke up into smaller" anomalies.

it says "broke up into smaller crafts" when the picture itself doesn't even look like a larger craft. So it may have "broke up into smaller" anomalies.

Interesting - a witness from Kansas explains a similar occurrence, July 2011.

The shape of the drawing, seen in the first part of the video, reminds me of the famous Turkish UFO case

turkufo1.jpg

Though I'm not sure if that case was ever debunked...

Anyway pretty interesting stuff :)

Peace!

Interesting - a witness from Kansas explains a similar occurrence, July 2011.

The shape of the drawing, seen in the first part of the video, reminds me of the famous Turkish UFO case

turkufo1.jpg

Though I'm not sure if that case was ever debunked...

Anyway pretty interesting stuff :)

Peace!

The Turkish case was debunked. There are several threads here with the details.

I wonder if this is representative of what people have been reporting?

Looks like that skydiving team is at work again maybe? It does appear that they were in the area...

Edit:

And here is another one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=3tYrRt3TvWk

Yep, that is definitely the Golden Knights.

Sorry folks, no ET here. :P

Edited by booNyzarC

I couldn't really buy into the whole thing because of all the "witnesses" there were no names given...maybe it just so happened nobody wanted to be identified but it seems like kind of a red flag to me.

Whiteman Air Force base is in Missouri. It is home to the B2 Bomber.

This thing has been terrorising people for days and dozens of people witnessed it and this is the only photo.

Nah. Not not me.

I'm going with the Golden Knights, too. BUT ... the "space invaders" reference in the full article is my back-up theory! bump...bump...bump..bump.bump.bumpbumpbumpbump

Looks like that skydiving team is at work again maybe? It does appear that they were in the area...

Edit:

And here is another one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=3tYrRt3TvWk

I don't know if it is that clear cut. If you had read the article linked, the witness says:

We turned around to get closer, and by the time we got close enough it shot [off] like a rocket.

Tough trick for someone relying on downward gravity for propulsion. That report above came in on October 4th. According to their event calendar page, the team was in San Diego, CA on the 2nd, and then Washington D.C. on the 8th:

http://armygk.com/calendar/

There is no mention of a visit to Missouri. In fact, if you look at last months schedule of events (since this article claims that the majority of sightings occurred last month), the team had no events especially close to Missouri. The single day they were even close would have been on September 24, when they had a scheduled appearance in the neighboring state of Kentucky.

Could it be another parachute acrobatic team? Sure. But as far as writing the whole thing off as being due to the Golden Knights specifically, while a decent enough theory, I think that there is a noteworthy lack of evidence at this time to support such a claim.

Depends who's side you take on it, I like this witnesses reasoning.....

After it turned away, my husband thought it broke into three separate pieces. I thought it was just so big, it expanded and the three brightest lights appeared to be separate.

Edit:

And here is another one.

http://www.youtube.c...1&v=3tYrRt3TvWk

:yes::tu:

This video from October 8th look like a fake to me, maybe flares or fireworks being shot into the air then falling back to the ground.

Here's another one of those "What is that?" videos posted on You Tube on October 4th, which looks to me like four stationary lights overhead. Even I am becoming increasingly skeptical of most of the more recent "UFO" pictures and videos.