Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
questionmark

Romney Promises to Boost Defense Spending

questionmark
Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney says he will offer a more assertive foreign policy than President Barack Obama, promising increased military spending, a strong deterrent against Iran and an investment in missile defense systems.

Romney, 64, plans to outline his foreign and national security goals in a speech this morning at The Citadel, the military academy in Charleston, South Carolina.The early primary state has a traditionally pro-military Republican base.

arrow3.gifRead more...

But he won't raise taxes... yeh, right. Like the Chinese are going to lend him money to scare their good friends the Iranians...

Order66

Unplug Romney, Herman Cain 999 :tu:

Space Commander Travis

oh what a surprise. the usual tactics again, but starting early this time; start a few wars with anyone who doesn't have a political system that Uncle Sam thinks they should ("spreading Freedom"), and so poison the well for when the next one comes in after you - leave a few open-ended wars for him to try to extricate the country from. Now that's what i call planning ahead.

Ryinrea

I watched the speech on CNN today and was laughing at the whole thing because a few of the kids there just had a sleepy stare, or a confused stare on them. Then, I noticed that not all of the cadets were clapping for the dude. I think most of them had to force themselves to clap from listening to the clips again. :lol: :lol:

Man, I zero in on things that are so off topic sometimes, but its just prof to me he doesn't have the charisma to draw people in like Obama's charismatic speeches or JFK's speeches. I remember listening to one of John F. Kennedy speeches in high school and was very attentive during that part of the class. I even listen to Reagan speeches and didn't look away from his speech..

Edited by Ryinrea

WoIverine

God forbid we pay down the deficit a little bit. No! We have to spend MORE on military and defense. :angry:

preacherman76

What an idiot. Even most republicans support military spending cuts.

preacherman76

Unplug Romney, Herman Cain 999 :tu:

Cain is a establishment sell out, who worked for the federal reserve. Just what we need, ANOTHER bankster in office. He will continue right where 0bama left off.

ninjadude

He wants to increase spending because of Obama's massive defense cuts. What a marooon.:rolleyes:

Defense_Budget_by_Year.pngsource

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Well in my eyes he has committed political suicide. No one but the far far far right thinks that is a great idea. Honestly I could be wrong on this one. It will surprise me to see how this goes for him.